Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2013, 07:20 AM   #1
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club ~ My driveway to WDW = 1 hour!

Location: Tampa, FL resident since 2007 (formally from Lorain & Columbus O-H-I-O)

If Carnival can do it... (Please read, DCL!)

I would love these 7 & 8 night offerings out of Port Canaveral:

http://www.cruisecurrents.com/2013/0...ort-canaveral/

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2015 - Magic x2 - Mar Western, June Scandinavia ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/repo B2B ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:55 AM   #2
Pooh_Friend#1
Check out my year round tan!

I would love that itinerary on DCL.
Pooh_Friend#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-01-2013, 07:55 AM   #3
tweis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox97 View Post

Wow! Those sound great!

tweis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:02 AM   #4
jbuckent
DIS Veteran

I agree! I would love new itineraries on the regular schedule! Unfortunately it seems Disney only does that at special times of the year. We always cruise Feb/Mar and the Eastern is always St Thomas, CC, and one other island. I haven't paid much attention if the Western changes very often as we have been too and have no interest in going back to Grand Cayman and Cozumel. We went to Aruba and Curacao on our first cruise (with Carnival) and would LOVE to go back! We also made an emergency stop in Turks on our last Disney trip and it looked beautiful as well! We need more variety! I was hoping we would get these new options when the new ships came around. My family is talking about skipping a cruise next year and trying a resort in a new place instead of heading back the St Tomas and CC again.
2/2011 Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean | 2/2012 Five nights at Port Orleans French Quarter and 2/2012 Disney Dream 3-night Bahamas
3/2013 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean with San Juan

11/2014 Wine & Dine half marathon followed by
11/2014 Disney Dream 4-night Bahamas
jbuckent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:09 AM   #5
peyjax
DIS Veteran

Count me in as someone who would love it!

My question though is it really possible though for them to do those ports and hit castaway cay too?

I did not notice where if it mentioned that it would include a stop in the Bahamas? For us Castaway is so nice that would be a hard decision to make if they could not go there and hit the southern ports as well.
peyjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:58 AM   #6
ilovetexas
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by peyjax View Post
Count me in as someone who would love it!

My question though is it really possible though for them to do those ports and hit castaway cay too?

I did not notice where if it mentioned that it would include a stop in the Bahamas? For us Castaway is so nice that would be a hard decision to make if they could not go there and hit the southern ports as well.
I doubt it, certainly not on the southern route without making it longer. That's one thing that I do miss on most Carnival cruises, very few of them stop at their private island, Half Moon Cay. It is absolutely beautiful. I guess that's the trade off and most DCL cruisers (at least the one's on DISboards) won't give up Castaway.

I was taking a break from Carnival for a while to go back to Celebrity and maybe try NCL or another line. But I think I may call my PVP today and see when these are available for booking. Aruba and Curacao out of Port Canaveral!!!
Old 03-01-2013, 09:08 AM   #7
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club ~ My driveway to WDW = 1 hour!

Location: Tampa, FL resident since 2007 (formally from Lorain & Columbus O-H-I-O)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetexas
Aruba and Curacao out of Port Canaveral!!!
I know, right?!?!

I cruise enough that I can easily go without Castaway Cay every now & then. I wanted a southern route so badly and booked the one out of San Juan day one; even during school season. I would LOVE one out of PC with more different ports such as Aruba, Curaçao, Tortola & Grand Turk (of course, priced reasonably too....).

2015 - Magic x2 - Mar Western, June Scandinavia ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/repo B2B ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:16 AM   #8
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Count me in on those who would love to see Disney add these itineraries to their sailing schedule.

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are
GOLD Now - Our 6th Disney Cruise - 14 Day Cruise - Panama Canal Crossing - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014

davidls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:19 AM   #9
dizzi
DIS Veteran

I would love one of those cruises.

And I am one that really doesnt LOVE CC, so i wouldnt mind missing it at all.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:19 AM   #10
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I know, right?!?!

I cruise enough that I can easily go without Castaway Cay every now & then. I wanted a southern route so badly and booked the one out of San Juan day one; even during school season. I would LOVE one out of PC with more different ports such as Aruba, Curaçao, Tortola & Grand Turk (of course, priced reasonably too....).

I agree. I too wouldn't mind by passing Castaway Cay every once and again to visit some different islands. Aruba, Curacao, Tortola, Grand Turk, I would love to visit these islands!!!!

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are
GOLD Now - Our 6th Disney Cruise - 14 Day Cruise - Panama Canal Crossing - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014

davidls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:27 AM   #11
justmestace

Thinks California needs Disney cruise ships!
Has snorkeled all over the Bahamas and the Caribbean

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidls View Post
I agree. I too wouldn't mind by passing Castaway Cay every once and again to visit some different islands. Aruba, Curacao, Tortola, Grand Turk, I would love to visit these islands!!!!

Me, too.......I'm not that crazy about CC anyway..... the Alaska cruises and the ones out of LA don't go to CC, so that shouldn't be a deal maker/breaker.

We've spent 10 days on Curacao and a week on Provo, Turks and Caicos.....one day in port just isn't enough, but it would be a great way of getting an idea of whether or not you'd want an extended visit there!! Same with Aruba and Tortola.....although I've only done these as a port stop.
justmestace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:27 AM   #12
KSDisneyDad
DIS Veteran

I agree - we too were waiting for a Southern Caribbean itinerary and booked for next September out of San Juan on Disney. It's a full itinerary. I wish we were returning to Aruba, but I'm still looking forward to seeing islands we've never visited. (FWIW - We love CC, but enjoy visiting other places as well.)
WDW - BCV (Jun '12) BLT (Jun '11); Boardwalk (Sep '10); Poly (Aug '07), CR (Nov '06), AKL (Nov '04, Sept '06), Swan (Dec '05), POR (Dec '98, Mar '10), POFQ (Mar '05), CSR (Nov '02), CBR (Jun '03), Sports (Dec99, Oct '01, Dec '02), Music (Aug '09), Movies (Dec '00, Aug '07), Pop (Jun '04 Jun '05)
DLR - August 2008 and January 2013 at DLH
DCL Gold CC Member: Magic Western (Sep-05, Sep-06); Magic Panama Canal Repo (Aug-08); Wonder 4-night (Mar-10 and Sept-10) Fantasy Eastern (Jun-12)

Next Trip: 6/15/2013 - 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Fantasy and BLT!
KSDisneyDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:36 AM   #13
justmestace

Thinks California needs Disney cruise ships!
Has snorkeled all over the Bahamas and the Caribbean

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSDisneyDad View Post
I agree - we too were waiting for a Southern Caribbean itinerary and booked for next September out of San Juan on Disney. It's a full itinerary. I wish we were returning to Aruba, but I'm still looking forward to seeing islands we've never visited. (FWIW - We love CC, but enjoy visiting other places as well.)

I'm so excited about the ports out of San Juan! Even though I've been to most, once is not enough!!

I think DCL is finally getting there.....adding new ports.
justmestace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:35 AM   #14
eeyorefanuk
DIS Veteran

I love celebrity two week one from Fort Lauderdale

eeyorefanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:40 PM   #15
jlwhitney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmestace View Post
I'm so excited about the ports out of San Juan! Even though I've been to most, once is not enough!!

I think DCL is finally getting there.....adding new ports.
I agree, I am so excited and I have not been to any of them yet...all new to me.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: