Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Which is more reliable
EasyWDW 224 80.00%
TouringPlans 56 20.00%
Voters: 280. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-12-2013, 11:41 AM   #31
heidia
Mouseketeer

I have used Tour Guide Mike, Touring Plans and EasyWDW. Maybe it was the time of year we went, but our trip last April (planned with EasyWDW) was by far the best. Never waited more than 10-15 minutes for anything. We did TSM 3 times in one day without waiting! (2 times at opening in standby and once with a FP)

Beyond the fact that his advice/info worked (and its FREE), I just enjoy Josh's sense of humor. Bonus points for near daily updates and tons of photos!
heidia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:58 PM   #32
Wendy31
DIS Veteran

I love easywdw! And I really like Josh's blog that explains why he's chosen which parks for which days. I also like that it's free! His site is just a very nice service to WDW fans, so, thank you, Josh!

As a personal example, easywdw typically says to avoid MK on Sundays due to the evening EMH, but the evening EMH is the reason we go to MK on Sunday. But, w/ Josh's blog, I know the reasons why a park is recommended or not recommended, so I can take those things into consideration accordingly as I plan, if that makes sense.

That said, I do normally compare touringplans & easywdw - just to see & then make decisions using/comparing both sites & the way we tend to tour the parks.

I wasn't going to renew our subscription to touringplans this year, but DH wanted me to because he likes the app for his phone. I also was interested in their one-day touring plan for some friends who are taking their small children for the 1st time for 1 day this July. (However, after I got to looking at their one-day plans, I'm not really happy w/ them & don't think they'll work very well for my friend's family, but that's another post! LOL!)

So I guess my answer is I use both, but I like easywdw better.

(DH) (me) (DD, 15 years) (DS, 13 years) (DS, 5 years)
Wendy31 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-12-2013, 01:12 PM   #33
disneyboy123
Mouseketeer

does easyWDW have actual touring plans or just the crowd calendar and explanation?
disneyboy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:12 PM   #34
CaFeeney
Mouseketeer

EasyWDW all the way for us. Just got home yesterday from a fantastic 10th anniversary vacation. This is probably the 3rd vacation we have taken following Josh's advice. I find it pretty similar to Tour Guide Mike before it all went so badly. Josh's style is great - I know some don't appreciate it but he really does have a unique perspective on time in the parks.

Really, if you pick the recommended #1 or # 2 park, get there at Rope Drop and head to the headline attractions first then you really are in good shape. If you really want EMH's then go to the park for a few hours and then bug out. We were at MK on Thursday from 8-10 and got a TON of stuff done. As we were walking out the crowds were streaming in. As TGM used to say "Pity them, don't BE them"!

So, for our family we honestly didn't have much of a wait time on anything. Walked on to TSM and pulled FP's to ride again, 15 minute wait for ETWB, walk on at Test Track , 10 min wait for Kilimanjaro Safari's - all during a very busy Spring Break time.

We also take a midday break and head out in the evening to other parks.

The longest line we had was trying to get into Wolfgang Puck's at DTD on Saturday night! DTD was packed!
CaFeeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:23 PM   #35
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

We make our own plans, and use our common sense - don't need to use anyone else's touring plans. Have always done just great.
North of Mouse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:25 PM   #36
ghtx
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyboy123 View Post
does easyWDW have actual touring plans or just the crowd calendar and explanation?
I think there are touring plans somewhere in easywdw.com, but it is hard to find them. They might be buried somewhere in the forums or in previous posts, but they are not organized and easy to access like the ones at touringplans.com.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:35 PM   #37
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyboy123 View Post
In this post Josh gives ideal morning touring plans for each of the parks.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:36 PM   #38
ghtx
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghtx View Post
I think there are touring plans somewhere in easywdw.com, but it is hard to find them. They might be buried somewhere in the forums or in previous posts, but they are not organized and easy to access like the ones at touringplans.com.
Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post
In this post Josh gives ideal morning touring plans for each of the parks.
Thanks.

But, like I said, it's kind of hard to find that. Much easier to find the touring plans on touringplans.com.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:14 PM   #39
MichaelColey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaFeeney View Post
Really, if you pick the recommended #1 or # 2 park, get there at Rope Drop and head to the headline attractions first then you really are in good shape.
That's my "plan" all the way. That first 60-90 minutes is the only part where you really need a plan, hitting the headliners, starting the FP collection, etc. For the rest of the day, you can focus on the FP rides and the attractions that don't have much of a wait.

I've said it other places, but there are three basic things that affect how much of a crowd you'll face:

1) What time of year you go.

2) The relative crowd level of the park you choose to go to.

3) Your own touring plan or style (which can be either a detailed plan or general guidelines).

Worst case, you can go to MK on New Years Eve, not get there until 11am, and wait in lines. Best case, you can pick a low crowd time to go (February, May, October, early December, etc.), go to the most recommended park, and hit rope drop. More realistically, you'll be able to control at least 2 of the 3 factors.

easyWDW helps tremendously on the first 2 factors, and generally on the third. There are detailed plans, but they're certainly not the emphasis.
Our Disney Trips: WDW: Sep'07 (9d-ASMo), Sep'08 (14d-ASMo), Sep'09 (14d-ASMo), Sep'10 (13d-Royal Palms, Houses at Summer Bay), Dec'10 (7d-Wyndham Bonnet Creek), Feb'11 (7d-BCV), Mar'11 (20d-WBC,SSR,VWL), May'11 (7d-AKV), Aug'11 (27d-OKW,BWV,VWL,OKW), Apr'13 (14d?-BLT?,?)
DL: Feb'09 (3d), Mar'09 (5d), May'09 (3d), Oct'09 (5d), Apr'12 (7d-VGC), Aug'12 (7d-Dolphin's Cove), Feb'13 (14d-Newport Coast) - DLP: Jan'10 (4d), Mar'13 (7d-MVF)
MichaelColey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:18 PM   #40
WDWNext
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWNext View Post
Usually they more or less match up.... but take a look at April 26th (I'll be at WDW).

EasyWDW and Undercover Tourist has Epcot as a park to Avoid.
Touringplans has it as a best park.
EP has evening EMH on that day....

Same day...
EasyWDW and UT has MK as best Park.
Touringplans has MK as a park to Avoid.

If you were me, what would you do ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandReneePlus5 View Post
Depends how you feel about EMH.

Easy WDW will always avoid the park with EMH. that's why Epcot is is never recommended on a Friday.

Generally speaking, Easy WDW starts with avoiding the EMH at any park (those are red) and then sorts the green based on other factors.
Today,
AK is not recommended by TP, and the times are reasonable.
MK is recommended, and the posted times are over the estimates.
None of them have EMH.
AK is recommended by EasyWDW and Undercover tourist.
Old 03-19-2013, 03:53 PM   #41
darrius1st
Mouseketeer

Touring Plans has worked for me on my visits.
2006-Comfort Suites Universal-2008- Magical Memories-2009-Harbour Lake-2010-Bonnet Creek-Summer 2011-Bonnet Creek and Westgate Lakes-June 2012-Sheraton Vistana Villages-July 2013-The Fountains and Bonnet Creek
darrius1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:20 PM   #42
Peepster

Earning My Ears

I will continue my subscription to Touring Plans but confess that I do a comparison to EasyWDW. Josh is good. Then I use my own strategy. Figure we should have some after all the trips and all the years.

Love, love love TP's Lines.

Hated the forums on TGM...if you don't have a husband and exactly 2.5 children it's like you weren't welcome. And the info was soooo dated for years! Don't think TSM ever got on the site, did it? (Eww, is that a flame I see headed my way...sorry) Yes, it was my choice to subscribe!

(I'm going to supper now.........love to all, Auntie Peep)
Peepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:53 PM   #43
mdsd8700
It's kind of fun to do the impossible

EasyWDW hands down. Josh has never steered us wrong yet!

All Who Come To This Happy Place Welcome,
mdsd8700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:11 PM   #44
pfalcioni
If we're not Riding, we're Disney Dreaming!

I've used them all, TP seemed to be right about 80% of the time, TGM used to be the gold standard, now EasyWDW is as far as I'm concerned. Plus, as a total cheapskate, I love the fact that I'm getting information that I would happily pay a premium for, for free (yes, I actually feel guilty not paying EasyWDW).

I think the Touring Plans Lines app is excellent, way better than Disney's glitchy offering.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:24 PM   #45
vinotinto
Just Keep Swimming

Quote:
Originally Posted by msjprincess View Post
EasyWDW and TouringPlans completely contradict each other for our trip this summer. I made ADRs going by EasyWDWs best parks. But now I see that touringplans has those parks as the worst parks for the day.
I would totally stick with EasyWDW. By the time we get closer to summer, WDW will have updated their Operating Hours and that's a huge part of the TP formula, so even if you changed your parks today, you will have to change them again like 2 weeks before your trip.

P.S. - I'm not knocking down TP - I also like their Lines app!
Aug 2014 - YC Jan 2014 - Disney Dream and WL Oct 2013 - PBH Oct 2012 - BC (DxDP) Oct 2011 - YC (DxDP) May 2011 - PBH and AKL (DxDP) Sept 2010 - Poly (DxDP) Oct 2009 - BC (DDP) May 2004 - RPR April 1995 - AsMu
vinotinto is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: