Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2013, 09:19 PM   #31
KippWade
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunRookie View Post
Kipp: How did your Sunday run go? I am excited to run with you again at the Flying Pig Half!
Well, the Sunday run went well. I took it "easy" and originally started at a 4/1:30 interval. Then I forgot that the workout session I chose with the Garmin was the borked one and it only repeats twice. So I continued on with a 4/1 interval because it was easier to keep track of on the treadmill-o-doom timer.

I THOUGHT my schedule had me set for a 5 mile run, when actually week 1 was supposed to be 4. I went over both 5 and 4 Sorta made up for the 2 days that I skipped by a very little bit.

I've started off right this week and got my run on the Tm-O-D. I'm REALLY to the point that I'm hoping the weather gets into the "normal" 50's for March quickly. I want to get back outside so much! Even though I've not done much running inside since marathon weekend.

Last night I also signed up for a 5K on June 2nd. It's one of those Color Run 5K's, one of the salesmen at work and his girlfriend are probably are going to be there as she had a blast at the one held last year. I got a half off code from a promoted Facebook post, so I though "what the heck for 25 bucks?"

If one of my online gaming friends in Cinci decides to do the Flying Pig 5K with his kids, I may be signing up for that too! I haven't seen them for almost 3 years now! He is also another that was diagnosed with Diabetes and he lost a lot of weight. He was having major eye issues and I think that is one of the things that made me take loosing weight a lot more seriously.
WDW 1/2 Marathon - Jan 7, 2012 3:48:49 | Indianapolis Monumental 1/2 Marathon - Nov 3, 2012 3:37:29
WDW 1/2 Marathon - Jan 12, 2013 4:00:29
My Blog - 100 Pounds/1 Year
I'm also on RunKeeper as KippWade!
KippWade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:40 AM   #32
bunnyfoo
It's Monday and my mind was somewhere else
Never hopes to dream though

Happy Wednesday!! We have this exercise to do at work where we have to write down something that we're happy about every day. I thought it was kind of a silly thing to do at first but I was surprised at the number of things I was actually writing down - small things but still It's an interesting exercise to say the least.

Kipp - I've always wanted to do a Color Run, they look like a lot of fun! Good job on the running - just get those miles in whether they're on the TM or outdoors! My manager has a similar story. He's was seriously overweight but after he lost feeling on his foot, he started taking care of his diabetes a lot more. He lost some weight and is working on the rest (I think anyway).

Tom - Thanks for that I didn't see those two little terrors last night. I prefer Saturday races myself but those are pretty rare in my area as well. I hope you're able to find one that matches your schedule. Of course, it could be an opportunity to organize one with your Church maybe?

Rick - Congrats on the full and your humongous medal! Take it easy this week and take your time recovering. The low mileage plan sounds like a good idea.

The tape works the same way as brace would but it's light weight and more importantly it's flexible. So for example, on the knee, the tape would help to hold my knee cap in a specific position so that it tracks properly while I'm running (thus preventing pain). Some people think it's a placebo effect but I've found that it's worked well for my ankles and achilles.

Lynn -

AFM - I went for a run last night and decided to take a stick with me just in case. Naturally, they weren't which meant I looked like a bit of a fool running with a big branch. Oh well. Got in 3.5 miles in 35 minutes which I'm happy with. The tape my chiro had put on held up well - I did tell him that I don't have any knee pain right now so it was hard for me to evaluate how the tape is performing. I'm hoping to get out tonight for another 35 minute run.

How is everyone doing with the weight loss challenge? Remember that your weight is only one part of the big picture. If you're not seeing the number on the scale - you could be losing inches and your clothing could be fitting better. Also keep an eye on what you're eating - try to eat clean - read the labels and watch for refined sugars, try making food from scratch and avoid the processed stuff - it's full of sodium and lots of additives, increase your protein intake and watch the amount of carbs you're eating - I've been reading a book that says wheat products are really spike your blood sugar levels (even the whole wheat/whole grain stuff). So just be aware of those things.

And snacking ... that was one of the things that use to kill me. I believe the general rule is that 1 lb=3,500 cals ... so if you're able to reduce your calorie intake by 500 calories/day over a 7 day period, you should be able to lose a lb a week. That's a generalization but those little 100 calorie snack packs or the handful of candy every day can add up

Have a great day everyone

May 2002 - Wyndham (DTD)/May 2003 - CBR & AKL/ Dec 2003 - AKL/ Oct 2004 - AKL & Polynesian/Oct 2007 - AKL CL & Polynesian/May 2008 - POFQ/Jan 2009 - Poly CL/Oct 2009 - BC & CSR/Jan 2010 - Poly CL/Jan 2011 - Poly CL/Jan 2012 - Pop Century

bunnyfoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-08-2013, 06:44 AM   #33
RadioFanatic
Mouseketeer
SO not a jewelry gal
I would like to introduce dh and myself - Doofus and Sleezy Chuckledoodle

So here are my numbers for this week. I am at 162.2 pounds. I have five days of exercise. I have seven days of Dairy, seven days of vitamins, seven days of water. I have four days of vegetables. Although I did not try a new healthy food, I did put a new vitamin into my diet thanks to Rebecca. I don't know if that counterpointed not but I will leave that up to you Vicky. I have now put omega-3 vitamins into my diet. i Think that's all for my points I will update you I think of anything else. Everyone have a great weekend, enjoy your running and if anyone is doing any anybody has any races, rear!

RadioFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:20 AM   #34
RadioFanatic
Mouseketeer
SO not a jewelry gal
I would like to introduce dh and myself - Doofus and Sleezy Chuckledoodle

Should say counts as points, not counterpoint and kick rear not just rear. Lol!

RadioFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:45 PM   #35
LuzzBightyear
Mouseketeer

Exercise Challenge: 3 (did the harder version - no knees touching ground!)
8 hours exercise: 8 points
8 Glasses of Water a day: 7 points
Try a healthy Recipe: 0
Multivitamin: 0
5 Fruits/Veggies: 7
2 Servings Dairy: 7

Weight loss: down 1.5 from last week(and start weight), now @192.5
LuzzBightyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:54 PM   #36
KippWade
Mouseketeer

Weight
245 lbs - same as last week

Exercise
Completing a weekly workout challenge = 0
1 hours of exercise = 2 point

Healthy eating
Drinking 8 glasses of water a day = 3 points
Trying a new healthy food or recipe for the week = 0
Taking a multivitamin daily = 7 points
Eating five servings of fruits and veggies daily = 0 points
Eating two servings of dairy a daily = 3 points

Making progress on the running this past week. On my shorter runs during the week I'm working on speed and then I dial it back a little bit on the longer Sunday run.

Now, tonight, I was bad and skipped out on my run to go see Oz. I thought it was very good, go see it!
WDW 1/2 Marathon - Jan 7, 2012 3:48:49 | Indianapolis Monumental 1/2 Marathon - Nov 3, 2012 3:37:29
Old 03-09-2013, 09:52 AM   #37
Lynn G
Walker of Malamutes

Good Morning Team! I finally dragged myself to the desk computer, I have the iPad, but could only handle a couple of posts at one time. I am in some pain, but have managed to keep up with the Physical Therapy exercises.

Vicky - thanks for the Pixie Dust!

Kim - Moving furniture sounds like cross training to me!

Rick - Thanks Rick, although I do not feel very bionic now! Take care of that hip!

AFM - OK, here are my points they will be really skewed due to surgery.

Exercise: 3 hours - 3 points (did not count any of the physical therapy yet, as it does not seem like exercise.
Weekly workout challenge - 0
Eating:
Water : definitely 3 points, I do not know if I can count the IV's which had me saturated with water while I was in the clinic, if so, then 6 points.
vitamin - 0 (not allowed to take vitamins since a week ago Wed.)
Fruits and veggies - 3
Dairy - 3 (I cannot say I ate enough of anything since Monday to constitute a serving on anything.

Now the really surprising part - weight is up 10 pounds - 160. I even had Scott see how much the knee replacements weighed, but not enough to make a difference. He has lost 15 pounds since his surgery.

Total: 12 (or 15) points

Pixie dust to all who are in need!

Have a great day team!
Old 03-09-2013, 11:08 AM   #38
es45
DIS Veteran

Fighting a cold today so just a quick drop-in to leave my stats:

Weight
159 lbs for a loss of 1.0 lbs

Exercise
Completing a weekly workout challenge = 3
5 hours of exercise = 5 points

Healthy eating
Drinking 8 glasses of water a day = 7 points
Trying a new healthy food or recipe for the week = 1 point (quinoa and kale patties)
Taking a multivitamin daily = 4 points
Eating five servings of fruits and veggies daily = 7 points
Eating two servings of dairy a daily = 7 points

Total points:34
Old 03-09-2013, 05:18 PM   #39
bunnyfoo

Oops I forgot to post the exercise of the week. Ok, so it's a squat, curl, press. You'll need a set of dumbbells - I'll let you guys pick the weight you want to use. If you're trying the exercise for the first time, go with a lighter weight.

Basically, you're standing feet shoulder-width apart with a dumbbell in each hand at your side. You're going into a squat and you're going to curl your arms as you're standing back up and then "press" the weight once you're fully standing. Try to do it in a continuous motion. Be careful to keep your back straight as you're squatting. If you have knee or back issues, skip the squat and just do the curl and press with the weights.

http://cdn.menshealth.com/media/imag...es_385x300.jpg

Try to get in 10 reps x 3. Rest or do another exercise in between.

That's it

May 2002 - Wyndham (DTD)/May 2003 - CBR & AKL/ Dec 2003 - AKL/ Oct 2004 - AKL & Polynesian/Oct 2007 - AKL CL & Polynesian/May 2008 - POFQ/Jan 2009 - Poly CL/Oct 2009 - BC & CSR/Jan 2010 - Poly CL/Jan 2011 - Poly CL/Jan 2012 - Pop Century

Old 03-10-2013, 01:32 PM   #40
Lynn G
Walker of Malamutes

Good Morning Team!

I am back to the iPad, my knees did not like being up and about yesterday, so I will spend more of today on my back with my legs up. My PT exercises take about 45 min, 3 times a day, so if I count that, my exercise points will be good, if nothing else.

Pixie Dust to all who are in need!

Have a great day team!
Old 03-10-2013, 09:54 PM   #41
RunRookie
DIS Veteran

Here are my stats for the past week:

Weight 246.4 (no change, even after running the Marathon!)

Exercise:
- regular runs/workouts: 8 hours
- special exercise: 1 (not proud of that number)

Eating:
dairy 7
multivitamins 7
8 cups of water 7
fruits and veggies 4
new dish 0

Total points: 34
Half Fanatic #1852 and Marathon Maniac #6743
My Blog: My Journey to Healthy Living

2014: Los Angeles Marathon | Penguin in the Park 5K | Carmel Marathon | Illinois Mini I-Challenge 5K & 10K | Wisconsin Marathon | Ragnar Relay Chicago 197M | RnR Chicago 5K | RnR Chicago Half Marathon | Crystal Lake Half Marathon
2013: WDW Family 5K | WDW Goofy Challenge | Surf City Marathon | Little Rock Marathon | Penguin in the Park 5K | Cherry Blossom 10M | Flying Pig 3-Way Challenge (5K/10K/Half) | Soldier Field 10M | Chicago RnR Half | Biggest Loser 15K | Howl at the Moon Ultra 50K | Dumbo Double Dare (10K/Half) | Crystal Lake Half | Heritage Haul Half | Fox Valley Half | Marine Corps Marathon | Strides for Hunger 5K | Space Coast Half

Disney Trips: Disneyland 1972-1978, Disney World 2000/2007/2012/2013, Disney Cruises 2003/2005, Disneyland 2008/2013
RunRookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:41 AM   #42
bunnyfoo

Hi team! Happy Monday! Sorry I was a bit busy on the weekend and I didn't get a chance to post much and then I realized that I forgot to post my points as well. No weight loss for me this week either but my clothes feel looser so I'm not going to stress it... yet LOL My points are:

Completing a weekly workout challenge = 3 points
1 hour of exercise = 4 points

Healthy eating
Drinking 8 glasses of water a day = 7 points
Trying a new healthy food or recipe for the week = 0 points
Taking a multivitamin daily = 7 points
Eating five servings of fruits and veggies daily = 5 points
Eating two servings of dairy a daily = 5 points

Total: 31 points

Lynn - Take things easy! Lots of for a speedy recovery! I wouldn't worry about the weight for now. I'm sure it's up for all kinds of reasons but will go back down once you're healed.

Elizabeth - Hope your cold is better

Kipp - I'm glad to hear that Oz was good! I'm waiting for my friends to come back from March break vacation before I go and see it. So I still have a couple of weeks wait. Did you end up winning your auction?

AFM - I had busy weekend running errands and I also went to the gym and decided to do a harder workout since I hadn't seen a drop on the scale. I did about 4 different sets of exercises - free weights and metabolic exercises. I also did a 7 miler yesterday as part of the Nike virtual 10K. So it wasn't the greatest idea after spending time at the gym on Saturday. My legs were really yelling at me after 3 miles into the run. I didn't get a stellar race time or anything like that but I was just doing it as part of my LR.

For the race, I also ended up having to download the Nike+ app. I did a quick review on it if anyone was interested.

http://menubyvicky.com/2013/03/11/ni...ning-reviewed/

Tonight I'm heading to the gym and then meeting a friend for dinner and coffee. Hope everyone is doing well

Old 03-12-2013, 10:34 AM   #43
Lynn G
Walker of Malamutes

Good Morning Team!

Vicky - I cannot do too much more than take it easy! Glad to hear your clothes are getting loose!

AFM - back to PT yesterday, they saw I am doing good, but I was so sore after being there, I skipped the afternoon exercise session.

We watched Wreck it Ralph last night, it was fun!

Pixie Dust to all who are in need!

Have a great day team!
Old 03-12-2013, 10:13 PM   #44
KippWade
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnyfoo View Post
Kipp - I'm glad to hear that Oz was good! I'm waiting for my friends to come back from March break vacation before I go and see it. So I still have a couple of weeks wait. Did you end up winning your auction?
Nope, 2 auctions I've bid on for a Garmin 610 I've been outbid on. I'm currently watching the outcome of 4 others right now.

I've noticed that several places have come down in price on refurbished units.

Another kicker is that Sunday afternoon I was browsing Craigslist and a perfect bike for me was on there! Of course I have already spent my tax returns on other items... and then I checked today and its gone (a Trek 7100 Hybrid in my size!).
Old 03-13-2013, 07:24 AM   #45
es45
DIS Veteran

Happy Wednesday, everyone!

Lynn: Glad to see you are feeling well!

Vicky:
I enjoyed your review for Nike+.

AFM: Trying hard to eat well this week. My challenge last month to avoid all fast/restaurant food not only saved me money but readjusted my eating habits. While I didn't lose weight last month, I think it was an important step. Plus, I saved some $ and that is coming in handy as I look at future races.

I work from home today so I'm going to hit the gym for my long run at lunch.

Enjoy the day!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: