Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2013, 07:52 AM   #31
cabanafrau
DIS Veteran

I hope that by knowing you're in my prayers it helps to lift you up even a little bit. I hope each and every day gets a little bit easier.
cabanafrau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:43 AM   #32
figmentswife
One little spark will light your fancy

Thank you all, yes knowing that people are praying/ thinking of us helps.

Today has been a better day for us both. The home nurse was here. The bed company has been a pain to deal with, but our insurance case worker is on it now. DH can't go upstairs to sleep and the hospital bed is broken, they were suppose to being a new one today but the order was canceled somehow. Uggggg....
figmentswife is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-01-2013, 12:56 PM   #33
The Mystery Machine
DIS Veteran

The fact you "hit the wall" means that things are going your way now and you are allowing yourself to recoup. That is how I am too.

My dh is still in "recovery mode" from his heart attack and triple bypass and he had that on Dec. 27th!!! Found out he is still anemic which explains why he is soooo TIRED all the time. We take it one day at a time.

Special thoughts and pixie dust for you and your family!!!!

The Mystery Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:13 PM   #34
figmentswife

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mystery Machine
The fact you "hit the wall" means that things are going your way now and you are allowing yourself to recoup. That is how I am too.

My dh is still in "recovery mode" from his heart attack and triple bypass and he had that on Dec. 27th!!! Found out he is still anemic which explains why he is soooo TIRED all the time. We take it one day at a time.

Special thoughts and pixie dust for you and your family!!!!

Awwww, I will be thinking and praying for you and your DH also. It is so hard caring for a sick loved one. His surgery was a major one, then add on the complications. I feel bad that I am having a hard time because he is the one going through it and in pain and sick.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:37 PM   #35
storabelle
"All your dreams can come true - if you have the courage to pursue them." ~ Walt Disney

Just sent you a PM.

DH , Me (Rach)
DS(10) , DS(5) , DS(3)
storabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:38 PM   #36
The Mystery Machine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by figmentswife View Post
Awwww, I will be thinking and praying for you and your DH also. It is so hard caring for a sick loved one. His surgery was a major one, then add on the complications. I feel bad that I am having a hard time because he is the one going through it and in pain and sick.
You are just EXTRA exhausted at the moment, that will pass. I have had to "let things go" just to get sleep & keep my sanity.

I have a cut off time at 8pm & unless it is an emergency, anything in the sink, laundry room, or whatever is going to have to wait until tomorrow.

Here it is March and he still has pain and is anemic. Plus I have had to overhaul our diets, cook from stratch, and on and on....

Many hugs and hang in there!!!!
The Mystery Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:51 PM   #37
fortwildernessishome
DIS Veteran

I just said a prayer for you and will continue to do so
Old 03-01-2013, 08:12 PM   #38
figmentswife

I call today a success. We had a first home nurse visit, ins took care of the bed issues, they called a new company and had a new bed delivered and old company picked their bed up, I was able to get out and go to target and go visit with my nephews for some much needed baby loven. I walked DH to my parents for dinner, so he got a good dinner and a nice short walk.

Our DD has a cold, but no longer has a fever.

Oh and I got a nice little surprise in my paycheck. I was not expecting much of a check at all ( I only work part time, and wasn't at work but about 6 hours these past 2 weeks)....... I had a full check as if I had worked everyday. I guess the big boss felt sorry for me and paid me full pay.

Thank you all for your help.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:17 PM   #39
low-key
DIS Veteran

Just prayed for both of you in the hard days to come but he is home and with you now
Old 03-01-2013, 08:23 PM   #40
Hrhpd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by figmentswife View Post
My DH had major surgery on Feb 13. He had is colon removed, due to UC and medication failure. Surgery went well, about a week later he developed some complications, had to have another surgery on Feb 22, to put in 3 drains . He FINALLY came home yesterday . This morning he went to the bathroom, and I heard a loud THUD!!!! He had passed out. He wouldn't answer me, I couldn't get the door open, I called 911. He finally responded and was taken back to the hospital. They said he was dehydrated (common with his surgery) We returned back home this afternoon. He seems good, eating, drinking, walking....doing everything he should.

I am exhausted. I just want to cry I am so tired and worn out, but I don't want to upset DH. He has been through so much. And he is upset about some of the set backs.

We do have a wonderful and supportive family who have been by our sides from day one, but I know that they are worn out also.

We just need lots of prayer and support. I have received a lot from the Dis before, and need it again.

Does he have an ileostomy?

It is so, so important to drink when you have an ileostomy. My surgeon told me "drink till you pee." And drink lots of gatorade to replenish the electorlytes.

It will get easier.

There is a great support board: meetanostomate.org that has so much good information for people living without or partial colons.

Hang in there.
Hrhpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:35 PM   #41
figmentswife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrhpd

Does he have an ileostomy?

I spent most of last year with a temporary colostomy and then an ileostomy. (now all reversed)

It is so, so important to drink when you have an ileostomy. My surgeon told me "drink till you pee." And drink lots of gatorade to replenish the electorlytes.

It will get easier.

There is a great support board: meetanostomate.org that has so much good information in living without or partial colons.

Hang in there.
Yes he does, we are learning, we thought he had had plenty of fluids but found out he had not. Today I had him drink 6, 32oz bottles. He would start with powerade then I would do water. He looks good and seems to be doing well. He can't change his bag along yet because of the wounds. They are in an L shape around his stoma, starting about 2 inches to the left. ( make an L) he has 3 open wounds with drains that I have to pack daily but I have to change the dressings a couple of times a day.

Did you do Jpouch or something else. They made his pouch and he will do his takedown later. Was to be at 6-8 weeks from first surgery, but we now want his body to fully heal before the takedown.

If you did get the Jpouch, how do you like it?

There have been many kind people that have helped us from the Dis, but one nurse(from the Dis) that has just been an amazing help and friend through all if this. I can't thank her enough for her kindness and friendship, I hope to meet her in person one day.

I also will go check out that board tomorrow.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:08 PM   #42
dpcheercoach
Earning My Ears

Fellow Jpoucher here to say you and dh are in my prayers. Sorry to hear of the complications...but sounds like he is now on the road to recovery. I am 8 years post colon removal, Jpouch and take down.

I'm not familiar with the support board suggested earlier, but I spent many hours lurking on the jpouch.org board.

Even after take down i have found that hydration is something i have to stay on top of. And after this surgery...take down will be a breeze.

Hugs and Prayers for speedy healing. I'm happy to share any of my experience with the ostomy or jpouch if you like. Hang in there as each step will bring periods of adjustment.
dpcheercoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:27 PM   #43
BriarfoxinWA
DIS Veteran

I will keep you and your DH and family in my prayers
Old 03-01-2013, 09:28 PM   #44
Mary Jo
Techarita
Loves the star on the mountain

DISboards Moderator

I'm glad you had a good day today. We're here for you.
Mary Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 03:17 PM   #45
figmentswife

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpcheercoach
Fellow Jpoucher here to say you and dh are in my prayers. Sorry to hear of the complications...but sounds like he is now on the road to recovery. I am 8 years post colon removal, Jpouch and take down.

I'm not familiar with the support board suggested earlier, but I spent many hours lurking on the jpouch.org board.

Even after take down i have found that hydration is something i have to stay on top of. And after this surgery...take down will be a breeze.

Hugs and Prayers for speedy healing. I'm happy to share any of my experience with the ostomy or jpouch if you like. Hang in there as each step will bring periods of adjustment.
I do have lots of questions about the Jpouch. I will be sending a private message when I get on my computer

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: