Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2013, 09:53 AM   #1
baileykelly
Mouseketeer

Pop Warner Hotels?

What hotels will they be staying at this December? I think last year they were in the All Stars, Coronado Springs and Caribbean Beach. I also thought in the past the teams were at Port Orleans Riverside. We are planning a December trip this year and want to try to avoid the hotels where the teams are staying.

11/99 CBR, 1/01 POFQ, 2/06 POR, 2/07 POR, 12/07 POR, 10/08 POR, 3/09 POR, 1/10 AKL, 10/10 POR, 11/11 POR, 2/12 POR, 10/12 POR, 4/13 POR, 12/13 POR, 3/14 POR, 10/14 POR
baileykelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:22 AM   #2
DevonsDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

check the pop warn website. They usually won't know the exact resorts they will use until later this year.

In the past the years that we have went during Pop Warner week the teams were at the All star resorts and POR.

I will say that I noticed in Dec when we were there during a basketball tournament that the teams all stayed at the all stars and CBR.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:17 PM   #3
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Pop Warner hotels aren't finalized or announced until Fall. This is because it solely depends on the number of families, teams, etc. They won't know until after football season begins.

Pop Warner used to stay at POR prior to the POR refurbishment. Since the POR refurb, they switched to CBR and last year they stayed at CSR also. They typically stay at the All Stars as well but have stayed at POP in the past too.

They used to be pretty predictable but with the recent additions of CSR and POP it's hard to say where they will be this year. I would bet they won't go back to POR since the refurb is still relatively fresh, and also their standard room inventory decreased due to the addition of the royal rooms. I also wouldn't expect them to be at POFQ due to the size of the resort. And they have never stayed at deluxes.

And just a note that this year, Pop Warner will be the second week of December. It's falling later than usual due to Thanksgiving being so late this year.
nkereina is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: