Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2013, 10:23 PM   #16
WMorganS
Flapping My Ears

Don't try to make RD, take a midday nap, or switch parks. You're better off sleeping in and just doing one park.
WMorganS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:55 AM   #17
Cherinva
Co-Host of the Va. DIS Meet and avid pin collector

Why are you going to Disney again? It's just for kids and it's boring........

(my response) Ummm No......
And yes, I'm going again......Disney has something for everyone and if you get bored at WDW...there's something wrong with you.

Don't let yesterday use up too much of todayºoº
Cherinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:57 AM   #18
Abharmagic
DIS Veteran

The worst advice I have ever gotten is you have to stay onsite. Not necessary at all. It's very possible to have a magical, affordable, and luxurious trip to WDW and stay offsite.
April 2013
Next Trip- Labor Day 2014- SeaWorld- Aquatica- Legoland- MNSSHP- Can't wait!
Abharmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 03:33 PM   #19
Luv Bunnies
DIS Veteran

The principal of my son's special needs (Asperger's) school said, "Get one of those disabled cards. You won't have to wait in any lines." I told him 1) "My son doesn't need a card. He's perfectly capable of waiting in lines. Besides, I know how to use Fastpass to shorten wait times." And 2) "Those cards do not automatically send you to the front of every line. The accommodations depend on the needs of the individual." He just stared at me like I was crazy to pass up such an opportunity!
Luv Bunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:28 PM   #20
mel&me
Hello from New York

Another here that has friends say, Don't waste your time going again, you don't even have kids go somewhere else.

That or the , why do you bother with Magic Kingdom that is just for children.

Last edited by mel&me; 03-12-2013 at 12:41 PM.
mel&me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:20 PM   #21
Mickeyflower
I find that The Dis is my happy place many times

I have 2:

1) I relied solely on a travel guide book to plan my first WDW trip (I didn't know about the Dis then ) and it told me that Chefs de France and the little cafe above it (the one that just changed it's name and I forget A.T.M ) was horrible and to stay away!! I REALLY regret not going there now!

2) A (now ex) friend said "Let's go to WDW together!" I had a not bad time, when I wasn't sick with the flu the first half of my trip or listening to her complain THE ENTIRE TIME, and spending a lot of time eating nice dinners alone. I made the most of it and had a good time, but I can't wait to redo it without a wet blanket complainer!
Old 03-14-2013, 11:22 AM   #22
Julylady
DIS Veteran

Worst advice for our family was to stay at a value hotel because you will only use it to sleep and shower. We hated commando touring of the parks and wanted to spend a lot of time at the hotel! Two years later we bought DVC.
Julylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:23 PM   #23
BDL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherinva View Post
Why are you going to Disney again? It's just for kids and it's boring........

(my response) Ummm No......
And yes, I'm going again......Disney has something for everyone and if you get bored at WDW...there's something wrong with you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mel&me View Post
Another here that has friends say, Don't waste your time going again, you don't even have kids go somewhere else.

That or the , why do you bother with Magic Kingdom that is just for children.
Me and my fiance' (BDLsgal) have been down to WDW in 2010 & 2012. My sister would ALWAYS rail on us about going. She'd poke that we should go on a "grown up" vacation. So, she had to go to Orlando for a business trip and the convention was in the convention hall at EPCOT. She would not stop complaining about it. Sure enough... Every night on her facebook there would be a post of the fun she was having. Or there would be blast texts showing pictures of MK or DTD.

She's not a convert ( yet ), but there have been way less jabs

BDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:12 PM   #24
reeveha
Mouseketeer

Worst Advise.....

Save money and drive to WDW.

From Kansas it's a wonderful drive, the whole 24 hours round trip

Instead of recopurating for 2 days after the drive, I will spend the money to fly every time I go to Floriday and be rested when I get back.

1995-Dixie Landings,1998-Dixie Landings,2002-Animal Kingdom,2003-Polynesian,2004-OffSite,2006-Animal Kingdom,2008-Beach Club-MouseFest, 2009-All-Star Music Christmas
reeveha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:23 PM   #25
Blessedwithboys
Mouseketeer

That my children were to young to go and that they would be miserable in the heat, it would be like torture etc....wait to take them until they are closer to 8 or 9....
Um at 1.5 and 4 they had a blast and my 4 year old remembers nearly every darn detail 6 months later. I did not find the heat unbearable... even though it was September we made sure to stagger rides that had air condition with those that did not, we went early morning and tried to avoid sitting in the heat mid day. They never once complained of being hot. I am not saying their memories will be fresh when they are 20 of these trips but we have the photos and the stories and they LOVE IT!!
Blessedwithboys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:09 PM   #26
Justin Jett
I will do my Elvis impression at DAP, if Kevin will do a duet with me
I'm signed up and ready to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
Make your dining reservations months in advance. The loss of spontaneity was totally not worth it.

Sayhello

This is why ADRs make absolutely no sense to me. My family enjoys table service, but 95% of the time, we walk up.

ADRs are a waste for us.
Old 03-21-2013, 04:13 PM   #27
dalt01
DIS Veteran

it is funny, it seems in several cases someones worst advice is someone elses best advice.............some people dont like a structured itinerary while others want to know what is next......some people dont mind pot luck at meal time while others want to make sure they are eating where they want to, etc, etc. the truth is that plans or no it seldome comes down the way you envisioned it and you have to adjust on the fly. the only real bad advice i saw was DONT GO. how wrong is that???????

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: