Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2013, 12:28 PM   #1
MDennis28
Mouseketeer

Book a B2B and stay on board?

Hi. I was wondering if anyone had sailed and then loved it so much that they booked while on board for the next cruise and stayed on board? Maybe have to switch cabins but still get to just turn around and get right back on the ship? Thanks!
MDennis28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:58 PM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDennis28 View Post
Hi. I was wondering if anyone had sailed and then loved it so much that they booked while on board for the next cruise and stayed on board? Maybe have to switch cabins but still get to just turn around and get right back on the ship? Thanks!
I remember reading when DCL did the Baltic a few years ago, they were trying to get people onboard to stay for following cruises (since they hadn't sold real well). I'm pretty sure I read that some people took them up on it.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-28-2013, 01:17 PM   #3
lorimay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
I remember reading when DCL did the Baltic a few years ago, they were trying to get people onboard to stay for following cruises (since they hadn't sold real well). I'm pretty sure I read that some people took them up on it.
I would love to know what kind of deals they offered.
Guess it would only work if you are retired with no other plans.
lorimay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:53 PM   #4
jrabbit
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
We would have loved to taken one of the Baltic cruises, but the pricing for them was way out of sight!!! THAT's why they didn't sell well.

I guess we should have re checked pricing "last minute" vs. Day 1
jrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:16 PM   #5
dinahfig
Mouseketeer

We're doing two cruises B2B in April on the Dream. I really want to see the Dream but 4 days is too short! lol! We booked the same room for both cruises. I was told when the first cruise comes back to Port Canaveral, you would get off the ship for maybe an hour and wait in a special room that has wifi. You don't need to pack up your stuff or move it to another room. We'll see how it goes in 52 days!!

dinahfig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:23 PM   #6
RweTHEREyet
What makes you think the Tag Fairy doesn't know you?? :D
Will get my Grapefruit Cake at Starring Rolls from now on!
I can't stand not having another trip booked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahfig View Post
We're doing two cruises B2B in April on the Dream. I really want to see the Dream but 4 days is too short! lol! We booked the same room for both cruises. I was told when the first cruise comes back to Port Canaveral, you would get off the ship for maybe an hour and wait in a special room that has wifi. You don't need to pack up your stuff or move it to another room. We'll see how it goes in 52 days!!
When we did this on the Dream, we had the same cabin both sailings, so we didn't pack up anything. We were the last to leave the ship, went down to the customs area, made a left and then went back up the escalator to an empty lobby to get new room keys, etc. as your first "account" is closed out. We waited in the concierge area, don't recall there being WiFi available, but I am not sure we tried to use it. We then reboarded before they let everyone in the terminal and could pretty much go where we wanted, pool, Cove Cafe, our cabin, etc. If we went to our cabin, we were asked to stay there so that people would not see us coming and going. It was a great time to take pictures around the ship without all those pesky tourists getting in the way.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:34 PM   #7
dinahfig
Mouseketeer

Thank you! That sounds awesome!! I love taking pictures without pesky tourists in the way!! LOL! Especially since I haven't been on the Dream yet! I cannot wait!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RweTHEREyet View Post
When we did this on the Dream, we had the same cabin both sailings, so we didn't pack up anything. We were the last to leave the ship, went down to the customs area, made a left and then went back up the escalator to an empty lobby to get new room keys, etc. as your first "account" is closed out. We waited in the concierge area, don't recall there being WiFi available, but I am not sure we tried to use it. We then reboarded before they let everyone in the terminal and could pretty much go where we wanted, pool, Cove Cafe, our cabin, etc. If we went to our cabin, we were asked to stay there so that people would not see us coming and going. It was a great time to take pictures around the ship without all those pesky tourists getting in the way.

dinahfig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:34 PM   #8
Justacruiser
Military Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDennis28 View Post
To anser the original question. Yes you can. Contact the booking agent on board while you are on board. If there are openings they can make it happen. It actually is a lot more work than you might think. They try to link the CM's already assigned to you, figure out how to get you switched over to the next cruise (internal). Way easier if you are paying for the cruise with the credit card. They will contact shore side books to get you hooked up (external). Give them a couple of days heads up.

If approved and everything works out, if in the same room, you will not have to pack up. If you have to move, you will need to pack your bags and they will relocate them for you. You will be required to leave the ship for about an hour, the staff on board will let you know the process as each ship is different.

Good luck!

2014 - 4 Cruises: 2-Dream (B2B), 1-Fantasy, 1-Magic
2013 - 7 Cruises (Grand Slam): 2-Magic, 1-Fantasy, 2-Dream (B2B), 2-Wonder (B2B)
2012 - 4 Cruises: 2-Magic, 1-Fantasy, 1-Dream (non-traditional B2B Fantasy/Dream)
2011 - 4 Cruises: 2-Magic, 2-Dream
2010 - 1 Cruise: Wonder
2009 - 1 Cruise: Wonder
2003 - 1 Cruise: Wonder

Magic-7, Wonder-5, Dream-7, Fantasy-3
3 Day Cruises = 4, 4 Day Cruise = 7, 7 Day Cruises = 9, 8 Day Cruises = 2, B2B Cruises = 4, Grand Slam (4 ships 1 year) = 1 (so far)

Upcoming Cruises:
(23) 7 Night Eastern Caribbean Fantasy - 12/14
(24) 7 Night Fantasy - 10 Hawaii - Disney Wonder 2015
Justacruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:21 PM   #9
kiford
Mouseketeer

We just did a B2B on the Dream in December. Yes, you get put into the concierge lounge but there is no wifi. We tried. But we were only there for less than an hour and then were back on the ship by 10:30 am. So we went up to the Cove Cafe and had "coffee" (coffee amended with something) and read until lunch. You can connect to wifi there but of course you have to pay for it. No free wifi.

WDW: 1986 (off-site), 1991 (CB), 2000 (BI), 2005 (BC/BI), 2008 (BI/AKL), 2011 (BC/GF), 2012 (GF), 2013 (BC)

Me (50) Him (53)
kiford is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: