DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2013, 09:07 AM   #1
Route66
Earning My Ears

Automatic payment monthly dues

Is it possible to have my monthly dues/maint fees directly debited automatically from my checking account but NOT my loan payment? I'd like to keep the flexibility to pay that within a few days of the due date if money is tight that month...Anybody know?

Thanks!
Old 02-28-2013, 09:18 AM   #2
erionm
DIS Veteran

Yes, dues can be setup for monthly payment from a checking account. You will have an option for the 1st or 15th of the month. Contact Member Accounting to set it up. They can be reached at the same phone number as MS, but a different option off the phone menu.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-28-2013, 09:20 AM   #3
Route66
Earning My Ears

Excellent! Thanks..Ill just make sure I specify dues only and not loan payment...

Thanks!
Old 02-28-2013, 09:29 AM   #4
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route66 View Post
Excellent! Thanks..Ill just make sure I specify dues only and not loan payment...

Thanks!
They will not automatically setup both as they are two separate payments.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:29 AM   #5
tjkraz

DVC Owner SSR

If you're referring to loan payments on a direct purchase, be aware that historically the interest rate is 1% higher if you choose to NOT opt for the direct debit. The choice must be made when the purchase is executed and you probably would not be able to alter the arrangement as long as the mortgage exists.

Policies are subject to change but it would seem to be in Disney's best interest to secure the payment on a consistent schedule.

DVC owner at SSR, BWV and VGC
tjkraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:32 AM   #6
intertile
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkraz View Post
If you're referring to loan payments on a direct purchase, be aware that historically the interest rate is 1% higher if you choose to NOT opt for the direct debit. The choice must be made when the purchase is executed and you probably would not be able to alter the arrangement as long as the mortgage exists.

Policies are subject to change but it would seem to be in Disney's best interest to secure the payment on a consistent schedule.
I did the auto payment feature on my loan. I was able to alter it after 1 year if I remember correctly.

intertile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:39 AM   #7
tjkraz

DVC Owner SSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by intertile View Post
I did the auto payment feature on my loan. I was able to alter it after 1 year if I remember correctly.
Did your rate change?

As of approx 3 years ago, the truth-in-lending disclosure stated that termination of the automatic payment program would result in loss of the 1% direct debit discount.

Old 02-28-2013, 10:47 AM   #8
intertile
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkraz View Post
Did your rate change?

As of approx 3 years ago, the truth-in-lending disclosure stated that termination of the automatic payment program would result in loss of the 1% direct debit discount.
My monthly payment never changed, nor did my date of maturity...so I would assume no.

I did purchase in 2006, and they may have changed the policy somewhere in between.

Old 02-28-2013, 10:58 AM   #9
CruzTerri
Earning My Ears

We did our contract last December and we were told that during the term of the "mortgage," if we terminated the auto payment our interest would increase by 1%.

Radiance of the Seas - 4/7/01; Vision of the Seas - 12/2/01; Brilliance of the Seas - 3/7/03; Carnival Paradise - 9/2003; Monarch of the Seas - 5/7/2004; Radiance of the Seas 10/23/2005; Infinity - 02/05/2006; Golden Princess 10/29/2006; Monarch of the Seas - 12/27/2006; Explorer of the Seas - 3/28/2008; Monarch of the Seas - 06/13/2008; Celebrity Constellation - 09/19/2009; Oasis of the Seas 11/6 & 11/13/2010 (B2B); Disney Wonder 11/4/2012
CruzTerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:01 AM   #10
tjkraz

DVC Owner SSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by intertile View Post
My monthly payment never changed, nor did my date of maturity...so I would assume no.

I did purchase in 2006, and they may have changed the policy somewhere in between.
May have been an oversight. Like I said, as of 2009 the paperwork does give DVC the right to increase the interest rates if a buyer opts out of the direct debit program. If you bought in '06, that term was in your contract, too.

Whether or not they aggressively pursue the additional interest is another matter.

I would suggest OP ask the question before requesting that the direct debit be removed. Also might want to ask when late fees go into effect--Disney will apply a penalty if payments are received after the due date.

Old 02-28-2013, 11:15 AM   #11
intertile
Mouseketeer

well, Tim is correct. Turns out that in 2009 they started enforcing it. I was lucky up until now that I called and brought it to there attention that my rate stayed the same. lol.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: