Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 12:01 PM   #1471
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
On a happier note, I have Sarah's balloons and cards ready for tomorrow and we are set to pick up her little friend tomorrow morning for her bday spa, lunch, and mall day

Melissa
Melissa, sounds like a perfect girl day AND birthday... pampering, food and shopping!! Happy birthday Sarah!!

Quote:
I'm calling Happy Hour for 5pm tonight Between the events in Boston/Watertown and the call I just got from the school, drinking needs to start early today
Quote:
Steven had a complete meltdown at school, teacher and asst. principal called together, sigh. I thought after being able to reset yesterday that today would be a good day.....I was wrong
Oh Melissa!! happy hour can't come too soon, can it? and you need much more than an hour...

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 04-19-2013, 12:03 PM   #1472
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketlacey View Post
If we go in a day early, I want to go straight to the "property" Otherwise, we can take the 6 AM and still be in the World by 10:30 AM.
That's us too Lacey!! We like to take the first flight out, but if we can't we usually go late the night before and go straight to WDW.

TY Kook!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-19-2013, 12:15 PM   #1473
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Hello to all of you!

I missed so much.

Keeping positive thoughts going out to our ladies from the Boston area. Unbelievable, what's been going on. Just shows the strength and fortitude of the city.

Candace: WOoooooow! I'm just loving your updates. What a welcome, eh? Sorry about the delay. I bet that noise is the service elevator; I heard a clanking noise that sounds similar to what you're describing when we were at the BC.

Melissa:

Jen: How did DD enjoy her birthday?

Dani: This new plan sounds good.

~~---------------------------~~

Kiddo's school district cancelled again today. Can't get the busses out to collect kids due to the flooding. The lake near our house flooded so high it's close to the back entrance of her school. Thankfully we didn't lose power so the "Little Sump Pump That Could" keeps chugging along. Local roads and bridges are still impassable. ... and it snowed a bit this morning.

APs are kinda up in the air now since we now need to replace these leaking windows in our dining room... and the flooring afterward. Eesh.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:17 PM   #1474
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post

Krystal You are making me get the AKL "bug" I love that resort from the moment you walk thru the doors and the "WOW" factor hits you, it is just amazing! Go for it!

Dani Sorry to read the cruise is a no go now but an October trip sounds Great!
I am so excited about the possibility, but I need to convince DH first... :-/ maybe the fact that part of the dining would be OOP and therefore, not necessary to pay now would be a positive thing??

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 04-19-2013, 12:18 PM   #1475
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketlacey View Post
If we go in a day early, I want to go straight to the "property" Otherwise, we can take the 6 AM and still be in the World by 10:30 AM.

Big hugs Magic! I am so sorry you missed your trip but what a fantastic daughter you are to be there for your mom!

OM G- That is amazing!

Oh Melissa! Do you have to go get him?
We did the early flight last year and it was awesome getting in that early! This year we'll be offsite the night before, so again, we can get to the resort early morning!

Old 04-19-2013, 12:30 PM   #1476
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Thanks guys! I like this plan way better. Truth be told, I am only excited for a cruise for a very short while so if I have to wait and wait, I lose my interest. There isn't much planning to do like there is with WDW! SO now we ar probably doing 8 or 9 nights in October. This is actually perfect for me.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:52 PM   #1477
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Thanks guys! I like this plan way better. Truth be told, I am only excited for a cruise for a very short while so if I have to wait and wait, I lose my interest. There isn't much planning to do like there is with WDW! SO now we ar probably doing 8 or 9 nights in October. This is actually perfect for me.
Perfect!!

In case you are in need of a "Nana", I know where to find cheap!

Old 04-19-2013, 02:06 PM   #1478
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Good Morning!!!

We had a super long day of travel yesterday...and didn't end up getting to YC until about 11 pm!!! We were supposed to be here for 8:30.....

Anyway, upon arrival we found out that both us and our friends had been chosen as the YC families of the day! . We got a nice little certificate, and a boatload of balloons.

When we got to our room, we saw that there were chocolate covered strawberries and a white chocolate Minnie Mouse waiting for us!!!

As you know, we booked a SV CL room, but we can totally see the pool?!?!?! So, I'm not sure if we were upgraded, but if this is standard view, I'll take it!!!! Plus our balcony is huge!

I can't believe I am up right now, but I didn't really sleep well because I was waiting for that knock on the door with our luggage, but that never came.....I thought, uh oh.....but, our luggage is at the front desk, we got a voicemail and I just have to call for it.

Our room is beautiful! We have a daybed. My only complaint is that there is periodically a loud clanking noise every so often.....I don't know what it is but it sounds like a fire extinguisher being slammed onto pavement or something....

I'll have to investigate that....but I seem to be the only one bothered by it.

Well, everyone else is still sleeping and my friend just texted me asking what time we were heading to MK....so, I'm logging off for now! Gotta call for our luggage...
Woohoo!!! Sounds like you did get a view upgrade! As Family of the Day do they still give you reserved seating at SAB for the day? What a lot of you're getting!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 20-Sept 3 2014 Poly
Old 04-19-2013, 02:13 PM   #1479
pas130
DIS Veteran

Miss E

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 04-19-2013, 02:35 PM   #1480
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Hello to all of you!

~~---------------------------~~

Kiddo's school district cancelled again today. Can't get the busses out to collect kids due to the flooding. The lake near our house flooded so high it's close to the back entrance of her school. Thankfully we didn't lose power so the "Little Sump Pump That Could" keeps chugging along. Local roads and bridges are still impassable. ... and it snowed a bit this morning.

APs are kinda up in the air now since we now need to replace these leaking windows in our dining room... and the flooring afterward. Eesh.
Miss E Hope the flood waters receive so a kayak is not needed… (or Miss M will be looking to build a boat next ) .... And the WrestleMania that took place yesterday…Miss M was quite right to use underwear hey the pros wear it, right? Too cute, so creative…loved it!

TY Kook!
Old 04-19-2013, 03:30 PM   #1481
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

*squeal*. DH didn't completely veto the split stay idea! He said he'll think about it! :-)

Old 04-19-2013, 04:24 PM   #1482
Piglets Mommy
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

Quote:
I'm calling Happy Hour for 5pm tonight Between the events in Boston/Watertown and the call I just got from the school, drinking needs to start early today

On a happier note, I have Sarah's balloons and cards ready for tomorrow and we are set to pick up her little friend tomorrow morning for her bday spa, lunch, and mall day

Melissa
I'm so in, except I work till 6, so I'll join you then!
Old 04-19-2013, 05:20 PM   #1483
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglets Mommy View Post
I'm so in, except I work till 6, so I'll join you then!
I'm in...around 8pm!
Old 04-19-2013, 05:33 PM   #1484
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Miss - have you floated away???? I hate way when household crap gets in the way of fun

As for happy hour, it hasn't started here either Sarah had an eye appt that ran late, then dinner, now baths, etc. but I will start soon

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 04-19-2013, 05:34 PM   #1485
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
*squeal*. DH didn't completely veto the split stay idea! He said he'll think about it! :-)

Woohoo!!!!

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: