Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 06:37 PM   #1441
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
The thing is, many of them have NEVER been in your shoes, so take their comments with a grain of salt. It seems that a lack of response to the mean people irritates them more. They are the ones who sound wacky.
Yep. Very wise words. I was glad you both posted over there, but sorry about the bizarre, negative posts. I guess some people just don't think. Maybe hearing your points of view might encourage a bit of kind, more patient tolerance. The world can always use more of that.

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
Old 04-18-2013, 06:39 PM   #1442
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Just checking in....flight a little delayed but....our friends have arrived at YC and were in fact, UPGRADED to club level!!!
Mousemommy-Yay!!! How wonderful for your friends. Have fun!!

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-18-2013, 07:05 PM   #1443
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just checking in....flight a little delayed but....our friends have arrived at YC and were in fact, UPGRADED to club level!!!
Wow! I could not be more happy for you guys!

Way to go YC CMs!!!!
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 04-18-2013, 11:10 PM   #1444
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
major pixie dust!! Did you get upgraded too? I can't wait for our YC stay in August!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Old 04-19-2013, 12:56 AM   #1445
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well, I seem to have gotten myself noticed on another Community Board thread....I never learn!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3097894&page=9

oops start from the first page if you have time for some fluff!
yikes! Always a risk posting on Dis sadly. I was flamed on a thread a week ago, the thread about would you use a TA or DIY!! I was flamed, for something I didn't even say! someone else said it but somehow this person attributed it to me . I sent person a PM and nicely explained that I wasn't the person who said that, but person didn't have the class to apologize.

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Thank you

WOO HOO!!!

Thank you

He should especially since this isn't the first time he's teased me with a live snake. When we were walking last year to prepare for walking at WDW, we found a like 6 inch grass snake on the road. He kept chasing it toward me.

Enjoy your snuggles. I don't blame you, I would have picked my boys up as well.

Well I am thinking of changing one of our ADRs. I have Cape May Cafe on our AK day. I originally wanted to book CMC because I thought we would eat there before heading to MNSSHP, but they opened later than I wanted to eat. I wanted to be on our way to the party by 4, and they are not opened for dinner by then. I am wondering if I should change it to something else. I thought about Boma (because we have never been in AKL), but JM can be a really picky eater. Then I thought about eating at Big River Grille, because the DH and I would both love to explore the Boardwalk at night. Then I thought that may be a good night to get over to DTD and eat at Ragland Road (the DH and I love Sheppard's Pie and bread pudding), which is another place I have wanted to try. Anyone have any experience with dinner at Cape May Cafe?

Our options are...
1. Keep the Cape May Cafe ADR
2. Change the ADR to Boma
3. Change the ADR to Big River Grille and explore the Boardwalk after dinner
4. Change the ADR to Ragland Road

What do y'all think I should do.
I'd try Boma since it is an AK day. Go early so you can enjoy the savana. One time we had Boma ressies we arrived at Kidani first around 4, got there just in time for feeding time. Watching the ostriches and everyone chase the food truck was hilarious. Then we made our way over to Boma. Being a Buffett, there is a large selection, so even picky or less adventurous eaters can find something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Since somone mentioned summer AP rates....not mentioning names AND a nervous Nellie DH with all the badness and Homeland Security warnings locally......ahem...time for a

Ticker change!!!!!! Double digits BABY

Magic. Sorry to hear about your mom

Wookie glad you are safe, and anyone in Boston. MIT shooting tonight bombs at marathon, the world is getting crazy. And snakes in dryers that would do me in!

I have some catching up to do! Been a crazy week here.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Old 04-19-2013, 01:06 AM   #1446
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
So what ARE the club level offerings like at WL and AKL? As for snacks, drinks, alcohol... :-) And what are the hours of the club lounges?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
I can't remember the CL hrs at AKL, but loved the offerings. Usual breakfast stuff, and hot quinoa cereal too. They had afternoon tea which was good, with scones, clotted cream & jam. Yum. Evening Appies were good, different each night along with veggie crudités. Assorted flatbreads and 3 different hummus dips. Wine & beer. Then cordials & desserts. Loved the AKL CL.

Old 04-19-2013, 01:11 AM   #1447
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Magic I am so sorry to hear about your mom. You are a great daughter.

Sis love the ch-ch-change!

I made a change myself! We are no longer doing the cruise. It's a long story, but instead we will be booking a bounceback in June for October since the dates coincide perfectly with my vacation time at work. It seems like it is just meant to be.
Old 04-19-2013, 05:49 AM   #1448
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Good Morning!!!

We had a super long day of travel yesterday...and didn't end up getting to YC until about 11 pm!!! We were supposed to be here for 8:30.....

Anyway, upon arrival we found out that both us and our friends had been chosen as the YC families of the day! . We got a nice little certificate, and a boatload of balloons.

When we got to our room, we saw that there were chocolate covered strawberries and a white chocolate Minnie Mouse waiting for us!!!

As you know, we booked a SV CL room, but we can totally see the pool?!?!?! So, I'm not sure if we were upgraded, but if this is standard view, I'll take it!!!! Plus our balcony is huge!

I can't believe I am up right now, but I didn't really sleep well because I was waiting for that knock on the door with our luggage, but that never came.....I thought, uh oh.....but, our luggage is at the front desk, we got a voicemail and I just have to call for it.

Our room is beautiful! We have a daybed. My only complaint is that there is periodically a loud clanking noise every so often.....I don't know what it is but it sounds like a fire extinguisher being slammed onto pavement or something....

I'll have to investigate that....but I seem to be the only one bothered by it.

Well, everyone else is still sleeping and my friend just texted me asking what time we were heading to MK....so, I'm logging off for now! Gotta call for our luggage...

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 04-19-2013, 06:10 AM   #1449
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Candace - glad you finally made it!!! Your view definitely sounds like a water view to me have a fantastic day today!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 04-19-2013, 06:35 AM   #1450
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1
Good Morning!!!

We had a super long day of travel yesterday...and didn't end up getting to YC until about 11 pm!!! We were supposed to be here for 8:30.....

Anyway, upon arrival we found out that both us and our friends had been chosen as the YC families of the day! . We got a nice little certificate, and a boatload of balloons.

When we got to our room, we saw that there were chocolate covered strawberries and a white chocolate Minnie Mouse waiting for us!!!

As you know, we booked a SV CL room, but we can totally see the pool?!?!?! So, I'm not sure if we were upgraded, but if this is standard view, I'll take it!!!! Plus our balcony is huge!

I can't believe I am up right now, but I didn't really sleep well because I was waiting for that knock on the door with our luggage, but that never came.....I thought, uh oh.....but, our luggage is at the front desk, we got a voicemail and I just have to call for it.

Our room is beautiful! We have a daybed. My only complaint is that there is periodically a loud clanking noise every so often.....I don't know what it is but it sounds like a fire extinguisher being slammed onto pavement or something....

Well, everyone else is still sleeping and my friend just texted me asking what time we were heading to MK....so, I'm logging off for now! Gotta call for our luggage...
Have a magical day Candace sorry you missed the family of the day presentation...but yay for balloons and yummies!!!!
Old 04-19-2013, 07:20 AM   #1451
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Good Morning!!!

Sounds like your trip is off to an amazing start! Enjoy!
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 04-19-2013, 07:25 AM   #1452
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Good Morning!!!

Whoo Hooo! Candace have a magical day at MK! Hope you luggage arrived soon!
Old 04-19-2013, 07:27 AM   #1453
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Sis love the ch-ch-change!

I made a change myself! We are no longer doing the cruise. It's a long story, but instead we will be booking a bounceback in June for October since the dates coincide perfectly with my vacation time at work. It seems like it is just meant to be.
Thanks sis I love yours too!! The kids will LOVE two trips!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-19-2013, 07:44 AM   #1454
pas130
DIS Veteran

A multiquote catchup ATTEMPT

Quote:
The thing is, many of them have NEVER been in your shoes, so take their comments with a grain of salt. It seems that a lack of response to the mean people irritates them more. They are the ones who sound wacky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
No kiddin', that's a rough playground today. Wacky!! You'd think with all that's going on in the world maybe folks would be a teensy bit nicer.
I am so glad we have our thread of kind, friendly folks!!
You said it Ginny!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
pas - Love the new split!
Thanks!!! I askedthe girls about where they wanted to saty...even gave them RPC as an option...POLY it is...

You are almost back home !!!!!

Quote:
Pas: YAY!! What a good way to make everyone happy! And a discount doesn't hurt right??

Well my middle DD is 7 now!! Crazy to think back to today seven years ago. I was sitting here just giving lunch to oldest DD in her highchair (did we ever really just have one child???) and had a few cramps....little did I know my munchkin was on her way! After a short 4 hour labor that really really hurt....out she came but not breathing as she had the cord around her neck. They also had to suction her right away as she had pooped while still in my belly. It was a little scary but she was a-okay, thank god. Ah....how time flies.
(belated) to your DD!!! Kate is turning 7 in May and Bree will be 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglets Mommy View Post
YAY!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
WOO HOO!!!

Well I am thinking of changing one of our ADRs. I have Cape May Cafe on our AK day. I originally wanted to book CMC because I thought we would eat there before heading to MNSSHP, but they opened later than I wanted to eat. I wanted to be on our way to the party by 4, and they are not opened for dinner by then. I am wondering if I should change it to something else. I thought about Boma (because we have never been in AKL), but JM can be a really picky eater. Then I thought about eating at Big River Grille, because the DH and I would both love to explore the Boardwalk at night. Then I thought that may be a good night to get over to DTD and eat at Ragland Road (the DH and I love Sheppard's Pie and bread pudding), which is another place I have wanted to try. Anyone have any experience with dinner at Cape May Cafe?

Our options are...
1. Keep the Cape May Cafe ADR
2. Change the ADR to Boma
3. Change the ADR to Big River Grille and explore the Boardwalk after dinner
4. Change the ADR to Ragland Road

What do y'all think I should do.[/FONT][/COLOR]
Either Raglan Road or Big River Grille.....tis way you'll make the party 4ish!!! BW you're super close to the resort...and Raglan Road is laid back midday!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Jeanette - I guess it is a good thing you didn't spill the beans to the girls Good luck to HRH tomorrow, I know all those tests are not fun My brother had horrible migraines as a child and it turned out he was sensitive to soy and red meat, once my mom cleared those out of his diet the migraines went away. And now as an adult he eats those things without a problem
HRH is having quite the time. She's not testing well because of her anxiety...and I am struggling with special services trying to revise her IEP since she's doing fine...fine really??? she came off the bus and had a meltdown from getting a F. She tries so hard and she said the test get her mixed up.... so we took a bath and cuddled, and I wrote a lovely email to the child study team and her teacher who says she fine She's excited for the neurologist since she gets to eat out for lunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Pas, congrats on your most recent RC Seems like a win-win for the Pas clan!!
I so want to do RPC BFF....
Old 04-19-2013, 07:56 AM   #1455
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Checking in, but have been glued to FB this morning since I have a friend in Boston right now reporting news as she gets it in...

Will be back later and perhaps with an update on August plans. :-)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: