Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 01:47 PM   #1411
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
Oh Jenny, I did go to the thread. If there are misbehaving kids at a restaurant, that is a topic of conversation at our table. It is usually our boys who will say, can you believe it. Yes, my boys are 19 and 15, but they have been saying that for years. I do have a real issue with parents who let their kids run around a restaurant because they are not through with their evening. Personally, I don't see how it could still be enjoyable. We won't say anything to "you", but we sure will talk about "you".
I know, we take notice of that behavior at a restaurant too as it can be a teaching moment for our girls to witness that kind of thing. But boy, people get riled up over there. Kind of funny actually.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:00 PM   #1412
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
I know, we take notice of that behavior at a restaurant too as it can be a teaching moment for our girls to witness that kind of thing. But boy, people get riled up over there. Kind of funny actually.
No kiddin', that's a rough playground today. Wacky!! You'd think with all that's going on in the world maybe folks would be a teensy bit nicer.
I am so glad we have our thread of kind, friendly folks!!

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-18-2013, 02:05 PM   #1413
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
No kiddin', that's a rough playground today. Wacky!! You'd think with all that's going on in the world maybe folks would be a teensy bit nicer.
I am so glad we have our thread of kind, friendly folks!!
You can say that again sweet Ginny!!
Old 04-18-2013, 02:15 PM   #1414
babyberger
DIS Veteran

I just read the thread Jen posted....WOW!!!! I want to smack some people!!! You honestly never know if the child is "capable" of behaving. I have gotten more dirty looks in my life because of Steven or Sarah misbehaving. I'm sorry, step into my shoes and tell me I am not effectively parenting. I do my best, but live with special needs before you even try to pass judgement!!!!! Sorry I Get touchy with this stuff

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 04-18-2013, 02:23 PM   #1415
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
I just read the thread Jen posted....WOW!!!! I want to smack some people!!! You honestly never know if the child is "capable" of behaving. I have gotten more dirty looks in my life because of Steven or Sarah misbehaving. I'm sorry, step into my shoes and tell me I am not effectively parenting. I do my best, but live with special needs before you even try to pass judgement!!!!! Sorry I Get touchy with this stuff

It is pretty sickening how some people can be. Just like Ginny said, with everything that is going on in our world, you would think there would be a little more kindness. Sad. I think people just like to sit behind their screens and be powerful. I admire you for what you do and continue to do for your kids Melissa.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:30 PM   #1416
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks for writing this. I'm sure it will make people think before they judge .... just too bad that the people that REALLY need to read this aren't on this thread.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:34 PM   #1417
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post

Thanks for writing this. I'm sure it will make people think before they judge .... just too bad that the people that REALLY need to read this aren't on this thread.
Linda, lol!! I was afraid to post it over in the actual thread for all the backlash it would cause. But I knew I could safely vent it here but maybe I can tone it down and post it????

My Trip Reports:

Old 04-18-2013, 02:39 PM   #1418
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Linda, lol!! I was afraid to post it over in the actual thread for all the backlash it would cause. But I knew I could safely vent it here but maybe I can tone it down and post it????

My first reaction was to tell you to go post it over there but I really don't want one of "my" ladies beat up and hurt. Besides do you think it would really make anyone stop and think??? But on the other hand if it made just ONE person stop and think before they judge it might be worth it. Just be ready to be burned and know we are all here for you ....
Old 04-18-2013, 02:43 PM   #1419
babyberger
DIS Veteran

I said something....this is what I posted.

I have to step in here and say something.....

Everyone has a right to their opinion, however to judge someone as a ineffective parent is wrong. As a mother with special needs children I try my damn hardest to make sure they are behaving or entertained. I have left restaurants and stores, but to think that someone is looking at me and judging me is disgusting. You honestly never know what disabilities a child may have and maybe compassion instead of judgement would be more humane.

My Trip Reports:

Old 04-18-2013, 02:44 PM   #1420
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Everyone has a right to their opinion, however to judge someone as a ineffective parent is wrong. As a mother with special needs children I try my damn hardest to make sure they are behaving or entertained. I have left restaurants and stores, but to think that someone is looking at me and judging me is disgusting. You honestly never know what disabilities a child may have and maybe compassion instead of judgement would be more humane.

Nice job Melissa, now just ignore the haters.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:47 PM   #1421
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Let us know the reaction.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:53 PM   #1422
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Here is something yummy to look forward to....

LArtisan des Glaces, Artisan Ice Cream & Sorbet to open by mid-June in Epcot's France with 16 flavors. Adults will be able to add liqueurs to the ice cream and sorbets at LArtisan des Glaces.

My Trip Reports:

Old 04-18-2013, 02:56 PM   #1423
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Happy Thursday All!

Finally got around to calling and applying my GC's to our ressie so we are officially PIF!

Tomorrow I get to chaperone DS8's field trip to the History Museum and I am sooooo excited! I haven't gone on a field trip since DD was born so I am due!

pas - Love the new split!

wookie - OMG! You so deserve something for the snake thing! I had to just skim the rest of your post because I got all

dani - Yay for PIF! One step closer to Hawaii!

Melissa - Enjoy your snuggles! What a nice idea to get Steven after testing. I'm feeling like a turd today because DS7 was feeling icky and I all but forced him onto the bus. It is only allergy related so nothing major, but still... I regret not just keeping him home now.

magic - Sorry about your mom and canceling your trip. I hope that you guys can get something planned for the fall

koh - I'm confused about your split idea. Wouldn't it work better to do the DDP and buy tickets for the whole trip for first WDW part and then just go CL and OOP for the rest so you don't have to buy extra tickets you don't need? Maybe I'm just confused.

janet - I'm now hungry for some southern bbq! Yum!

jenny - Happy Birthday to your DD! What a scary birth story. Glad everything was ok! Regarding the dining thread, I can't believe some people are so judgmental. My kids are usually well behaved, even moreso if another table is acting up and they are all . But still, I don't believe for a second that everybody hasn't had their fair share of "those" moments. A little empathy goes a looooong way.

Grumpy Grandma - Yay for almost ADR Day!

piglet's mommy - Another snake story! Moving right along....

Miss - I literally laughed out loud about the Hamm/Stitch underwear wrestling. Your DD is so awesome! Sorry about the flooding, but at least it scored you some good mommy/DD bonding time

Well, better get going. Between the field trip tomorrow and soccer Saturday it's my last good packing day, and I still need to finish laundry in order to do so!
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 04-18-2013, 02:59 PM   #1424
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Iheart: I will do the PIF dance for you! Hooray! Hope you enjoy the field trip! And you too have started soccer already? We don't start here until May 22! It must be a tad warmer where you are!
Old 04-18-2013, 03:00 PM   #1425
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Magic: I am so sorry. What about Janet's suggestion... maybe a little later in the year when the weather cools off?

Jen: Happy Birthday to her! Please give her a big hug from us, especially from Miss M!

to all of you. Safe Travels to Candace and co.!
I_Heart: When do you leave?!

~~------------------------------~~

We're at home today. Schools were closed due to flooding. I just finished watching Hamm (Toy Story) and Stitch -- who were dressed up in Miss M's underwear -- have 10 or so sumo wrestling matches inside a hula hoop on our living room floor.

Our street is flooded and closed off starting a block from our house... and the flash flood warning is in effect until 8pm this evening. Only damage so far is a wet floor in the dining room where the water has blown in through the storm windows. Stupid gutters right above these windows got clogged yesterday afternoon from our silly tree pods. (Reminds me I need to get that useless sucker chopped down this fall. )

Days like these, I wish I owned a kayak. We've got our very own Lake Michigan down the road.
Ugh, sorry about the water in the house. Hopefully it doesn't get worse. Miss M cracks me up with her creativity! I hope you took pictures!!!! LOL!!! Try to stay dry and safe!

My Trip Reports:

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: