Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 05:51 AM   #1366
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Tonight we will be going to sleep at the Yacht Club!!!!!!!!!!!

We've got a long, and probably annoying day of travel ahead of us, but in the end, it will be worth it!!!!

DD8 is going to school until 11-ish so that she can take her tests for this week and then the limo picks us up at 12:30!!

Our flight isn't until 5:20 pm but it's an hour into Boston and with extra security the POTUS visit, better safe than sorry for leaving early....and we will have time to have a nice sit down meal at the airport.

Lots of running around to do this morning.....WAHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
Candace - safe travels today!!! I am sure Logan is going to be a zoo Dinner sounds like a plan, or maybe a milkshake and onion rings from Johnny Rockets LOL!! Tonight you will be at YC! WOOHOO!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 04-18-2013, 06:08 AM   #1367
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

candace safe travels my friend! If you can, would you be able to note what the bounceback offer is and report on it when you get back?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-18-2013, 06:29 AM   #1368
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Candace - safe travels today!!! I am sure Logan is going to be a zoo Dinner sounds like a plan, or maybe a milkshake and onion rings from Johnny Rockets LOL!! Tonight you will be at YC! WOOHOO!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
candace safe travels my friend! If you can, would you be able to note what the bounceback offer is and report on it when you get back?
Abso-tootin-lutely!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 04-18-2013, 06:30 AM   #1369
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Abso-tootin-lutely!!!
Thanks! I'm sooooo excited for you guys!!! I want lots of pics and details.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:37 AM   #1370
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Candace:I'll be thinking of you guys today....travel safe, you will be there soon!!

Wookie: Thank goodness you all are ok, what another scary and sad thing to happen.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:51 AM   #1371
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketlacey View Post
Loll. Premier passes would really cost us a lot. I would have to do two trips on each coast

So - is doing one night club level on arrival night just a waste of money? We would arrive at MCO at 6:30 and take ME to the resort.
Lacey Considering you might not arrive to the resort until 8:30, it will not allow you much time to enjoy the lounge offerings. If it were me I wouldn't do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Ok, so...I did some Disney math... :-) For about $200 more we could do 3 nights AKL CL then 3 nights CR (in the deluxe room). Pay OOP for dining the first 3 days and get tickets from Undercover Tourist. 2nd half would be deluxe dining and 1 day ticket (to get the dining). That's the half when we'd do the signature dining, etc. Tell me I'm completely crazy to even consider it!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Krystal
I loved AKL and would love to stay there again, only thing holding me back is that it is all bus transportation but I know if it were me bigger room or not I would not want to move to CR after staying at AKL it is an amazing resort

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post

I'm so sorry y'all. I got to this site as soon as I could to let y'all know that we're ok. The DH had me doing an operation in game and wouldn't let me get away from it.

Thank you for thinking of us, but we are about 1 1/2 hours away from West. A girl I grew up with is living in Whitney (about 22 miles away from West). Her family was on her back porch when the explosion happened, it knocked the French doors to the back porch open. Her DH left with the Whitney first responded.

When we drove to San Antonio, we drove right through West.
Wookie As I said on FB I am very Happy you are ok!
Quote:

We've got a long, and probably annoying day of travel ahead of us, but in the end, it will be worth it!!!!

DD8 is going to school until 11-ish so that she can take her tests for this week and then the limo picks us up at 12:30!!

Our flight isn't until 5:20 pm but it's an hour into Boston and with extra security the POTUS visit, better safe than sorry for leaving early....and we will have time to have a nice sit down meal at the airport.

MM Safe Travels! Have a magical time with lots of

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 04-18-2013, 06:51 AM   #1372
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Don't know if any of you ladies can use it, but the summer AP rates are up on the website for bookings until Aug 15!
Old 04-18-2013, 07:31 AM   #1373
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Safe travels Candace!
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 04-18-2013, 07:36 AM   #1374
pas130
DIS Veteran

Safe travels Candace!

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 04-18-2013, 08:15 AM   #1375
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1

Safe travels, Candace. Have a magical time. Logan + time = Legal Seafood for us
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 04-18-2013, 08:27 AM   #1376
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:

Hopefully, it won't be too bad. Have a magical trip. I can't wait to hear about your trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Don't know if any of you ladies can use it, but the summer AP rates are up on the website for bookings until Aug 15!
Now they just need to announce FD. We could probably pay OOP for the basic DDP (according to the DH), but I would rather have FD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Wookie - said it on FB, will say it here as well...so glad you are okay and away from the explosion! How scary!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Wookie: Thank goodness you all are ok, what another scary and sad thing to happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Wookie As I said on FB I am very Happy you are ok!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Glad everyone is alright!

Thanks y'all. Luckily it was far enough away from us, that we weren't in any danger. They were reporting last night the last registered as a 2.1 earthquake.

Y'all have a great morning. I have one more lab to finish up and then a take home quiz to finish before class time today. I'll work on it as soon as I get JM on the bus. I'm sure I'll pop in later for small breaks from my work.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 04-18-2013, 09:15 AM   #1377
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

With the West fertilizer explosion, I almost totally forgot to tell y'all what the DH did to me last night.

An expansion came out in the computer game that we play (Star Wars: the Old Republic). Since it has come out, we've just been leveling our toons and not doing operations (it's where a group of people go into an area to kill it, kind of like a game within a game). Anyway our guild, got a run together last night to do an op. My DH is a tank, which means he makes the stuff focus on him, so other toons can kill it. I am a healer, which means I make sure everyone's toon doesn't die. At one point the raid leader called for a bio (bathroom break). I ran to our bathroom, so I could beat the DH to it. When I got done, I sat back at my laptop on the bed. A couple of minutes went by and the DH still hadn't come into the room, which I thought was odd. No sooner did I think that, he came walking into the room carrying a big clear glass vase. He held it out and said, "look a snake", and I started screaming. He kept holding it out (he was standing at the end of the bed) and I would scream. At one point he threatened to put it on the bed with me. I hate snakes!! Growing up, it wasn't unusual for us to go outside and see a rattlesnake on our walkway (we lived out in the country on 10 acres of land that was surrounded by rock crushers). One time in high school a big grass snake even got into our house and I saw it moving inches from my feet as I was watching tv late one night. I was so scared I ran into the kitchen and managed to jump from the floor to the top of the table in one jump. The DH told me later last night, the only reason he didn't put it on the bed was because, "Kim, you were already practically crawling up the wall behind the bed. I was afraid you would have damaged your laptop trying to get away from it if I had put it on the bed. Since we were in an op, and other people were counting on you to heal them, I didn't do it." Basically the only reason he didn't put the snake in bed with me, was he didn't want to inconvenience the guys we were playing with. By the time he finally left with the snake (he had to have been in the room at least 5 minutes) my throat hurt from screaming. I'm threatening to pay him back by making him buy Blue Man Group tickets for the night before we check into the BC.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 04-18-2013, 09:25 AM   #1378
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post

Safe travels, Candace. Have a magical time. Logan + time = Legal Seafood for us
I SO SO SO love Legal Seafood!!!!!!

Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 04-18-2013, 09:27 AM   #1379
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
With the West fertilizer explosion, I almost totally forgot to tell y'all what the DH did to me last night.

An expansion came out in the computer game that we play (Star Wars: the Old Republic). Since it has come out, we've just been leveling our toons and not doing operations (it's where a group of people go into an area to kill it, kind of like a game within a game). Anyway our guild, got a run together last night to do an op. My DH is a tank, which means he makes the stuff focus on him, so other toons can kill it. I am a healer, which means I make sure everyone's toon doesn't die. At one point the raid leader called for a bio (bathroom break). I ran to our bathroom, so I could beat the DH to it. When I got done, I sat back at my laptop on the bed. A couple of minutes went by and the DH still hadn't come into the room, which I thought was odd. No sooner did I think that, he came walking into the room carrying a big clear glass vase. He held it out and said, "look a snake", and I started screaming. He kept holding it out (he was standing at the end of the bed) and I would scream. At one point he threatened to put it on the bed with me. I hate snakes!! Growing up, it wasn't unusual for us to go outside and see a rattlesnake on our walkway (we lived out in the country on 10 acres of land that was surrounded by rock crushers). One time in high school a big grass snake even got into our house and I saw it moving inches from my feet as I was watching tv late one night. I was so scared I ran into the kitchen and managed to jump from the floor to the top of the table in one jump. The DH told me later last night, the only reason he didn't put it on the bed was because, "Kim, you were already practically crawling up the wall behind the bed. I was afraid you would have damaged your laptop trying to get away from it if I had put it on the bed. Since we were in an op, and other people were counting on you to heal them, I didn't do it." Basically the only reason he didn't put the snake in bed with me, was he didn't want to inconvenience the guys we were playing with. By the time he finally left with the snake (he had to have been in the room at least 5 minutes) my throat hurt from screaming. I'm threatening to pay him back by making him buy Blue Man Group tickets for the night before we check into the BC.
Rotfl. I think that's fair!

Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 04-18-2013, 09:36 AM   #1380
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Krystal
I loved AKL and would love to stay there again, only thing holding me back is that it is all bus transportation but I know if it were me bigger room or not I would not want to move to CR after staying at AKL it is an amazing resort

MM Safe Travels! Have a magical time with lots of
If we did the first 3 nights, I have AK and HS already planned for those days and we're driving, so we'll have the car if need be. And the 4th day, DS is doing the pirate cruise at GF, so we could check out and drop him off for that, then check in to the CR before meeting up with DS and heading to Epcot...

Then again, for $200, I'm sure we could buy beer and wine and breakfast stuff to have without doing CL...

DH would probably nix the idea anyway, so I'm not completely sure why I'm even entertaining the idea of a split stay...

Anyway, MM - enjoy!!! And be sure to check in along the way! :-)

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: