Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 10:13 AM   #1336
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

basketlacey: Hi! Thanks for the advice, I am hoping it is really only a small percentage of people that will experience that. I swear, if I can find anything to worry about with this cruise I will. I don't know why I am so nervous about it all!!
Old 04-17-2013, 11:08 AM   #1337
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post

WL had a lot of yumminess! The evening appetizers included chicken wings, venison meatball, venison chili (both were my 1st time with venison and YUM!!), scallops wrapped in bacon, some sort of BBQ chicken on a stick....we couldn't make it every night, so we missed some stuff but yum!

And I think they have sushi now!

Also, the beers were Bud Light, Yuengling, a Sam Adams, and maybe....Moosehead or something like that?!?

We don't do hard alcohol so I can't really remember those....I know there was courvoisier...only because DH tried it and hated it!
Wine?

What are the hours or when do they put those sorts of things out? Evening apps, etc.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-17-2013, 11:10 AM   #1338
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks all for the vote of confidence!

Feeling better today, but obviously still a little guilty, since DD6 is being allowed to eat Oreo cookies for breakfast....
Hehehe. Completely understand that one...

Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 04-17-2013, 11:52 AM   #1339
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Arm is feeling a bit better so she obviously didn't do any major damage, so finally going to try to catch up a bit before I have to leave to get the kiddos.

Jen - I didn't see the cruise thread, but was it talking about after you get off the cruise I find it takes me a few days to get my "land legs" back. Last time I think I felt like I was swaying for almost a week, but it wasn't all the time and it wants horrible. And the cruise itself totally outweighed the swaying afterwards

Candace
- WOOHOO on the asst GM reaching out to you!!! I cant wait to hear what they do for you!!!!

i_heart - I am drooling over your menu!!! You are going to have an amazing time! I totally think it is will be worth the splurge.

Lacey - sorry no AP's for your bday, but maybe you can get the premier ones that will be good for WDW and DL for your 40th, that just may make up for no AP's this year

Miss - hope you weren't too tortured today I decided to take a day off from the horrible mean elliptical today and give my legs (and arm) a rest.

koh1977 - do I sense a RC coming up

Piglet's Mommy, Ginny, Shelia, Jeanette, Cynthia, KOOK, Wookie, Janet, Linda and everyone else - I hope you are all having a great day!!!!

Melissa

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 04-17-2013, 12:35 PM   #1340
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Wine?

What are the hours or when do they put those sorts of things out? Evening apps, etc.

Thanks!

Yes! There was wine. They had a merlot, a chardonnay and one other, but I can't for the life of me remember the brands, though.

The evening apps/drinks were put out at 5. At around 8, it switched over to dessert stuff, but the drinks were still out.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 04-17-2013, 01:09 PM   #1341
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post

koh1977 - do I sense a RC coming up
No no no!!!! :-) I honestly don't think I could talk DH into another $500 for CL at a different resort. He wasn't too into the theming of WL when we went to Whispering Canyon, although I like it. :-)

I thought it was the same price as our CR trip, but alas, that is not the case...SO, looks like we may stay put...And I do want to try the CR, otherwise I'd try to sell him on a split stay, but if we did a split it would have to be with a moderate so I could do it for a similar cost... Hmmmm....

Maybe if we don't do the dining plan and switch a few things around...hmmm...or do a split and do the dining plan with the half NOT CL...ay yi yi...I wonder if we would save money if we got tickets through Undercover Tourist and paid OOP for dining...then...lol...aaccckkk!!! :-)

Old 04-17-2013, 01:44 PM   #1342
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
No no no!!!! :-) I honestly don't think I could talk DH into another $500 for CL at a different resort. He wasn't too into the theming of WL when we went to Whispering Canyon, although I like it. :-)

I thought it was the same price as our CR trip, but alas, that is not the case...SO, looks like we may stay put...And I do want to try the CR, otherwise I'd try to sell him on a split stay, but if we did a split it would have to be with a moderate so I could do it for a similar cost... Hmmmm....

Maybe if we don't do the dining plan and switch a few things around...hmmm...or do a split and do the dining plan with the half NOT CL...ay yi yi...I wonder if we would save money if we got tickets through Undercover Tourist and paid OOP for dining...then...lol...aaccckkk!!! :-)

OH MY You need to break out an excel spreadsheet and start pricing out all your options

My DH HATES WL so our last trip there was miserable. The whole trip was one of those that what could go wrong, did go wrong. But as we were pulling up to the WL, DH looks at me and says "Oh yeah, I just remembered I don't like this place"...which then the kids decided they didn't either. So it is definitely a love/hate kinda of place I think, although I think that is true with most of the WDW resorts.

My Trip Reports:

Old 04-17-2013, 02:10 PM   #1343
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

That's so funny... we stayed WL last T'giving and really liked it. I think it might be because it reminded us of Yellowstone and that is one of our favorite places. This trip it's back to the Grand, though...my DH's favorite.

Off to hs tennis...what a Spring Break
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 04-17-2013, 02:19 PM   #1344
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
That's so funny... we stayed WL last T'giving and really liked it. I think it might be because it reminded us of Yellowstone and that is one of our favorite places. This trip it's back to the Grand, though...my DH's favorite.

Off to hs tennis...what a Spring Break
My hubby didn't like the decor but his biggest complaint was the mosquitos, LOL!!!

My Trip Reports:

Old 04-17-2013, 02:21 PM   #1345
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
OH! And, it is Disney EVE!!!!! Tomorrow, we will be there!!!!!

Just have to get through work and school today and then we are done!!! Well, except for DD8, she'll have a half day of school tomorrow before we leave.
WOO HOOO!! I can't wait to hear about your trip!! Travel safe and have a magical time!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Hugs Candace, been there. You're a great mom. They like to test us that's all. It's a new day!

My lovelies will not sleep in no matter what. We've tred putting them to bed later than they normally go, and without fail they are up at 6 am. And they wake us up too. Frustrating. Love the little monkeys, but would love for them to at least get to 6:45 am!

There is my rant!

Happy Disney Eve! Right behind ya!

I really did enjoy our DSs when they were younger, but I do not miss early days like that. Now we have the opposite problem. If we don't watch it, they will stay up all night gaming.

Quote:
I just got an unsolicited email from the YC asst. GM that I spoke with a few months ago!!!

He totally sent an email stating that my trip is tomorrow and they are anxiously awaiting our arrival!!!!!

I honestly thought that he would forget about us, but it would appear he did not!!!!
It's CM's like that, that keep my vacation dollars going to Disney. You can really tell when it is not a job, but a passion for them. I would truly love to one day be one of those people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Wow, Candace... how flippin' exciting is THAT?! Everyone's got their popcorn out. (Also, thanks for the big font countdown! )

to all you ladies. I'm outta here in a bit for my torture session. It's just started to storm! I'm so not up for a wet t-shirt contest at the Y.
I've got my and ready.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Arm is feeling a bit better so she obviously didn't do any major damage, so finally going to try to catch up a bit before I have to leave to get the kiddos.

Piglet's Mommy, Ginny, Shelia, Jeanette, Cynthia, KOOK, Wookie, Janet, Linda and everyone else - I hope you are all having a great day!!!!

Melissa
OMG my day has been just awful. We didn't go to bed until just after 1 AM and I had to be up at 7. I set my alarm this morning after I got JM on the bus because I had a headache. I had forgotten I had turned the sound down on my iPhone last night and I didn't hear it go off. I was forced to sleep an extra 1 1/2 this morning.

Nothing new here. I had a moment of weakness last night and almost canceled our WDW trip, so we could use the money to get a house. The DH wouldn't let me though. My fil was ragging again last night. When I walked in the house from school, I had forgotten the DH said he was. I had been listening to talk radio about Boston. As I was walking in, I noticed the fil watching the Texas Rangers on tv. I said, "Oh the Rangers are playing? Who's pitching?". The fil yelled, "Paula (my mil's name)" in a tone that said to me 'deal with her because I don't want to'. She waved me off and mouthed for me to get out quick. I quickly went to my room, and I was just done with him. He was upset at a couple of the guys that work for him and the mil, but he was taking it out on everyone. Luckily, today, he has finally agreed to take the Zolof his doctor prescribed to him.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney

Last edited by letthewookiewin; 04-17-2013 at 02:58 PM.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:43 PM   #1346
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Hi Peeps

Been MIA... lots of stuff going on, and my sister and cousin were visiting for 4 days. We had fun showing my cousin Phila and of course doing plenty of shopping and eating!!

Wanted to wish our Candace a fabulous trip!! We will be on pins and needles to hear aobout any pixie dust for you and your friends!!

Ginny, Congratulations on your new grandson!!! Sure you can't wait to go visit with the proud parents and big brother. The best to you all!!

Melissa and Candace... hugs to you both! Girls can be so dramatic...(and it doesn't get any better once they are teenagers...)

Candace, congrats to your DDs... brains & beauty....a fantastic duo...

Miss, how sweet that your DH and little Miss M went to a father/daughter dance. How precious. Hope Evil Ron was Angel Ron today ... one can always hope ... since I had company it was a convenient excuse to forego the Y, but tonight it's back to the same ol' grind...

Pas, for your girls trip!! You must get a video of waking them up and giving them the news.... It's great the Bree and Kate will celebrate their birthdays on the trip!! and my friend, we will hold you to December... definitely plan on the slushies...

Iheart, happy to "see" you back here my friend!! The private dessert party sounds delicious!!

GG, we did our taxes monday.... we vow not to wait until the last minute ... funny, we seem to do this every year.... P.S. we have Pas' words in writing on the December trip...and pinky swear or not we are holding her to it!!

Magic, hope your Mom's Bday weekend at the POLY was extra special...

Sue, keeping fingers crossed you will not be affected by the layoffs Perhaps some people up for retirement will decide to take it... it may help or eliminate the needs for layoffs... see, thinking positive today..

Sheila, it's a ways back, but love your suggestion that Bob buy a car for your return trip ... make sure you are not satisifed with the first 20 cars you see...

Jen, don't get caught up with the land sickness thing... really it may be true for some but doesn't mean it would affect you at all.. like Lacey stated, just come prepared...and I like both the shutterfly book and movie idea for tellling the kids!

Lacey, sorry that no APs this year... for your 40th think you should throw subtlety out the window and blatantly demand DL for your birthday!

Koh, you make my head spin!! Stay put! No RCing for you!! (oh i sound like the soup nazi!! LOL) (hope DD is doing well since her cast came off )

Wookie, sorry that it's been a bad day ... glad that DH said no to cancelling your Disney trip. As we have been saying lately... Life is short ... the tradegy in Boston .... just brings to mind we must appreciate life and our loved ones every day...

Hope everyone is enjoying today... Hi to all.... Piglet's Mommy, Cynthia, KOOK, Minnie&Nana, and everyone else I may have missed.

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 04-17-2013, 03:03 PM   #1347
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Hi Peeps

Been MIA... lots of stuff going on, and my sister and cousin were visiting for 4 days. We had fun showing my cousin Phila and of course doing plenty of shopping and eating!!
I'm glad y'all had a good time. I would love to see Philly one day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Wookie, sorry that it's been a bad day ... glad that DH said no to cancelling your Disney trip. As we have been saying lately... Life is short ... the tradegy in Boston .... just brings to mind we must appreciate life and our loved ones every day...
I had to go back and add a to the end of that part. Sometimes my smart a-......let's go with donkey...mouth doesn't translate well when typed instead of spoken. Actually the only slightly bad part of the day, was the people at Taco Casa messed up our order and made my fil and DH's beef burritos bean ones and my beef burrito (add sour cream) with mild sauce, spicy instead of mild.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 04-17-2013, 03:59 PM   #1348
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Hey hey Janet

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 04-17-2013, 04:08 PM   #1349
peteykirch
Mouseketeer

13 more days and then I can begin making my ADRs
Old 04-17-2013, 04:12 PM   #1350
babyberger
DIS Veteran

I am tired, I am cranky, Steven has standardized tests this week and finally lost it in school, so I am trying to focus on my happy place.

As I said before there are so many variables to the if and how we do Disney next year, so I am trying not to get hung up on it, but it is so hard not to.

I know BLT is pushing it, especially as DH did not get a Christmas bonus this past year (the whole thing is still a mess with the selling of the company) and we don't know if he will next year. That is really our play money, so it sucks not having it.

DH asked why we cant just stay at CR if I feel the need to stay on property, but I honestly think the kitchen will help us tremendously. I also really like the idea of having a separate bedroom and all the extra space. I know having a suite when we cruised made a huge difference (why wouldn't it )

I am also questioning February. I know we had a few days that were very busy with cheerleaders and BTGs. And the weather can be very iffy. But it is value season, low crowds for the most part, and works for DH and the kids (before all the standardized testing starts).

I also wonder if I should really be pulling the kids out of school for a week. Next year will be 3rd and 5th grade, so I know I am teetering on the irresponsible side to pull them for an entire week.

Then there is the whole issue of will the kids get bored with Disney for a week. DH only goes to Disney because of how much the kids enjoy it, so if they don't, I will feel like I had him take a week out of work and spend thousands of dollars for nothing.

WOW, my happy place is causing me a lot of stress right now

Any thoughts....or tell me it is just too far away and to let it go for now and focus on something else.

Melissa

My Trip Reports:

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: