Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 06:08 AM   #1321
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Candace - I think if I had flicked her she would have settled right down....I'll have to remember that for next time sorry you had a rough one with DD too. UGH GIRLS!!!

But on a positive note.....CANDACE WILL BE IN DISNEY TOMORROW!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!

Hope everyone has a good day!

HUGS,
Melissa

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 04-17-2013, 06:18 AM   #1322
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Thanks all for the vote of confidence!

Feeling better today, but obviously still a little guilty, since DD6 is being allowed to eat Oreo cookies for breakfast....

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-17-2013, 06:22 AM   #1323
pas130
DIS Veteran

Candace and Melissa

Flicking and oreo breakfast..sounds very familiar to the pas house...sigh...

It is Disney eve!!!!!!!!!!!

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 04-17-2013, 08:14 AM   #1324
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Just wanted to drop by and say Hi!

MM 1 More Day!!!

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 04-17-2013, 08:19 AM   #1325
gwynne
DIS Veteran

MM-Your trip is almost here!!! Yay! Have a great Disney eve!

Happy Wednesday RCers!
Old 04-17-2013, 08:35 AM   #1326
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Hyperventilating just a tad!!!

I just got an unsolicited email from the YC asst. GM that I spoke with a few months ago!!!

He totally sent an email stating that my trip is tomorrow and they are anxiously awaiting our arrival!!!!!

I honestly thought that he would forget about us, but it would appear he did not!!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 04-17-2013, 08:49 AM   #1327
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
I just got an unsolicited email from the YC asst. GM that I spoke with a few months ago!!!

He totally sent an email stating that my trip is tomorrow and they are anxiously awaiting our arrival!!!!!

I honestly thought that he would forget about us, but it would appear he did not!!!!
Candace:
Old 04-17-2013, 09:12 AM   #1328
Piglets Mommy
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

Quote:

That is great news!!!

Hi everybody! Hope you all have a great day!
Old 04-17-2013, 09:23 AM   #1329
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Wow, Candace... how flippin' exciting is THAT?! Everyone's got their popcorn out. (Also, thanks for the big font countdown! )

to all you ladies. I'm outta here in a bit for my torture session. It's just started to storm! I'm so not up for a wet t-shirt contest at the Y.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:24 AM   #1330
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Oh, this HAS to be good! How exciting!!!!

Sorry about yesterday We've ALL been there.
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 04-17-2013, 09:39 AM   #1331
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Been trying to pop in and read every now and then. Life has been insane. But this news Candace - is AWESOME! Please tell me you are going to post somewhere (here. FB, etc) and let us know about any extra pixie dust? I don't think I can wait until you are back!!!! HAVE A BLAST!
PS - I want oreos for breakfast!

to everyone. I have skipped around so many pages, I don't even know how to catch up at this point.

Melissa and Marie - I think I read about losses from each of your families. So sorry to hear that!

Melissa - glad to hear the progress about Steven! That is so great and hopefully makes all the work you are doing worth it!

Pas - loved the US trip report!

I am sure I have missed lots of changes and stuff. I need to catch up.

Currently, I am trying to decide if we want to fly in Friday morning or Thursday night for our adult trip. There is a great flight option on Thursday night. But if I book it, do I want to add a night at the BWV $$$$ or do I want to book something else??? We have never done a split stay but maybe this would be a time to try it. Likely we wouldn't do any parks Thursday night. Also, we would probably be by ourselves and the rest of the group would join Friday morning. It doesn't really matter though since we will have our own room for the whole trip. Decisions, decisions.

I did make 3 ADRs so far:

Via Napoli
Flying Fish
Yachtsman (40th bday dinner for dh and our friend)

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
Old 04-17-2013, 09:56 AM   #1332
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

I am trying not to get my hopes up too badly, I mean honestly, it's cool enough that he must have set a reminder to himself to contact me right before the trip...and that's pretty darn cool in itself.

I'll let you all know if anything happens!!!

PAST TRIPS:
Old 04-17-2013, 10:04 AM   #1333
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am trying not to get my hopes up too badly, I mean honestly, it's cool enough that he must have set a reminder to himself to contact me right before the trip...and that's pretty darn cool in itself.

I'll let you all know if anything happens!!!
That is how I would go into it too, but what a nice touch just to let you know that he remembered you all. That in itself is really good customer service. Are you getting any work done today???
Old 04-17-2013, 10:09 AM   #1334
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
That is how I would go into it too, but what a nice touch just to let you know that he remembered you all. That in itself is really good customer service. Are you getting any work done today???
Not really getting anything done at all!!!

He just emailed me again asking if anyone in our party has food allergies...
thinking treats........nomnomnom.....

He said "Sorry to bother you....." Really??? It's NO BOTHER at all!!!!

PAST TRIPS:
Old 04-17-2013, 10:10 AM   #1335
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Good Morning Friends!

I was up all night, waiting to hear...and the little one has arrived. Our son and daughter-in-law had a baby boy, 6lbs 6oz. Happy, happy day!
WOOOHOOO! Congrats Ginny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
It's only about $160 difference. I got a smokin deal on GF from that Travel Agency . But, then again, the $160 will buy some meals, or something nice maybe I'll see how I feel after I pay off the trip. I'm almost there.
And just got bad news from our school district. we are in deficit and there will be lay offs so maybe I'll hang tight and see where I am when the dust settles. Bleck. Just heard today.
Good luck with the lay off Sue! I hope it all works out! I am currently dealing with the same "first night" dilemma!
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
No RCing here, but I did make an itinerary change. Instead of the Illuminations Cruise I booked a Private Dessert Party in the Japan Pavillion in Epcot through Catered Events to celebrate our 10th. The scavenger hunt/vow renewal in the MK is still on and I am getting sooooo excited to surprise DH!

I hope to log back on tomorrow and do a real catch up. Wishing all the best for the RC crew, and sending P&PTs to all who have ties to Boston.
Holy cow - that sounds amazing! Love the menu too! Is this just you, dh and the kids? Can I come LOL!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post

Have a safe trip!!!!! YOU TOO i heart

I will be in disneyworld in 21 days.....YES 21 days....

I am surprising Bree and Kate for their birthdays...so instead of finishing my paper I have been tweaking the trip....

I originally booked May 13th..but had to switch it...so now May 7th..

All Star Music...with a dinner at CRT for the Princesses on May 8th!!

WOOFLIPPINHOO

Okay, back to homework!!!
What a fantabulous birthday gift! Do they know yet???

I dropped a couple hints that I wanted an AP for my bday. They didn't take My bday is almost always on Spring Break and in a couple of years, it will be the big 4 0. I think I want dh to take me and the kids to DLR!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Jeanette:

Well, nothing too much to report around here...one month to go! I ordered a photobook off Shutterfly with photos from our last trip, and on the last page is the reveal that we are going again! I thought it was a good idea, but DH scoffed! He wants to make a movie and surprise them that way. We will see, maybe it will be a combination of the two.

It is funny, Thursday is DD6 b-day, and this morning DD8 told her we were going to Disney for her birthday! DD6 ran in to ask if it was true, to which I told her sadly no. DD8 told her to give her head a shake, that there is no way we would ever go back to Disney this soon...."we just got back right Mommy???" Ah....yeah! Your Mommy has issues though my dear!!

Still wanting to book that August weekend for DH and I but the stupid airfares keep going up now. Mad. Not sure I can justify it....yet. We will see. That YC quote is on my mind.

Oh yes, and I am scared of the cruise now. Was on a thread about "land sickness" that some people get after they cruise, and it scared the bejeebers out of me. Can any of the RC cruisers chime in about whether or not it afftected them???

Talk later all!

Jen
I loved cruising and didn't deal with sickness at all. I would say grab a couple of packs of those pressure point wrist bands and throw them in your bags. My gfs did that when they were feeling sea sick and they worked wonders! AND they charge like $20 on the ship so get them before you go!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Congrats on your grades!!!

And this mama is so excited to meet her Dis Daughter!!!! And I may just join you in those slushies!!!
AWWW! You guys will have a blast! Have a slushie for me!

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: