Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 05:00 PM   #1261
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Good Morning Friends!

I was up all night, waiting to hear...and the little one has arrived. Our son and daughter-in-law had a baby boy, 6lbs 6oz. Happy, happy day!
Congratulations! So good to hear happy news amist all the bad things happening in the world.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 04-15-2013, 05:03 PM   #1262
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post

Congratulations! So good to hear happy news amist all the bad things happening in the world.
I agree completely!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-15-2013, 05:08 PM   #1263
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Horrible.

Just wanted to come and pass along some hugs to my RC girls...
Old 04-15-2013, 05:13 PM   #1264
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

More shock and sadness at what is going on in this world. Sending hugs out to you all.
Old 04-15-2013, 05:43 PM   #1265
babyberger
DIS Veteran

My Facebook news feed is full of family and friends checking in and letting everyone know they are ok but without cell service. I am relieved for them, but so saddened by today's tragedy in my home state.

For a bit of twisted humor though.....David calls on his way home from work and says nonchalantly "they blew up your city today" ....my NY'er hubby is a sicko

HUGS!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 04-15-2013, 07:50 PM   #1266
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Dani, Missoutandabout, Pas, GG, Pigletsmommy, Sjs314, and Koh, Thank you for your sweet good wishes!
I asked Dad how he is doing, and he said fine, just drinking lots of coffee.

Pas-Its always fun to follow your ch-ch-changes. Hope all goes well with the ENT. Congrats on your awesome grades!!!

Thoughts and prayers are with everyone impacted in Boston. So sad.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:39 PM   #1267
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Hello all! I had aspirations of doing a major catch up since I haven't been on in awhile and that has gone directly in the toilet.

Quickly I want to say CONGRATS to gwynne! Enjoy your new grandson!

Also, Mousemommy, we are checking into YC CL on Sunday. I hope we run into each other in the lounge! I hope you love YC as much as we do!

No RCing here, but I did make an itinerary change. Instead of the Illuminations Cruise I booked a Private Dessert Party in the Japan Pavillion in Epcot through Catered Events to celebrate our 10th. The scavenger hunt/vow renewal in the MK is still on and I am getting sooooo excited to surprise DH!

I hope to log back on tomorrow and do a real catch up. Wishing all the best for the RC crew, and sending P&PTs to all who have ties to Boston.
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 04-15-2013, 08:54 PM   #1268
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
Hello all! I had aspirations of doing a major catch up since I haven't been on in awhile and that has gone directly in the toilet.

Also, Mousemommy, we are checking into YC CL on Sunday. I hope we run into each other in the lounge! I hope you love YC as much as we do!

No RCing here, but I did make an itinerary change. Instead of the Illuminations Cruise I booked a Private Dessert Party in the Japan Pavillion in Epcot through Catered Events to celebrate our 10th. The scavenger hunt/vow renewal in the MK is still on and I am getting sooooo excited to surprise DH!

I hope to log back on tomorrow and do a real catch up. Wishing all the best for the RC crew, and sending P&PTs to all who have ties to Boston.
We will definitely have to meet up!!! I can't wait! We will be there Thursday.

I'll PM you my cell, and you can text me when you check in.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 04-15-2013, 09:13 PM   #1269
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post

What's this about a scavenger hunt/vow renewal? I'd love to do a vow renewal at Disney one of these days...maybe for a noteworthy anniversary. :-) and a private dessert party? If you don't mind me asking, how much does something like that run? (Again, not for this trip, but something to keep in mind farther down the road)

Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 04-15-2013, 09:57 PM   #1270
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
My Facebook news feed is full of family and friends checking in and letting everyone know they are ok but without cell service. I am relieved for them, but so saddened by today's tragedy in my home state.

For a bit of twisted humor though.....David calls on his way home from work and says nonchalantly "they blew up your city today" ....my NY'er hubby is a sicko

HUGS!!!!

David is a funny guy!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Old 04-15-2013, 10:00 PM   #1271
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
We will definitely have to meet up!!! I can't wait! We will be there Thursday.

I'll PM you my cell, and you can text me when you check in.

Got your PM and PMed you back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
What's this about a scavenger hunt/vow renewal? I'd love to do a vow renewal at Disney one of these days...maybe for a noteworthy anniversary. :-) and a private dessert party? If you don't mind me asking, how much does something like that run? (Again, not for this trip, but something to keep in mind farther down the road)

I'll PM you some details tomorrow.
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 04-15-2013, 10:01 PM   #1272
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
HUGE to all my bestest RC buddies...I am here..kinda..last week of my classes. Good news is I dropped to just one class next term (starts 4/29) and then one class at a time until September I have a 91 avg in one class and 89 in the other...pixie dust please....

As for summer...I can do my 4/4 YC/HRH CL split, or save $$ and do 7 nt. HRH CL throw a Seaworld day in..truth be told, I am not feelin disneyish

BUT I WILL be on the lookout for December airfare....I AM GOING on the Grannie trip to meet my mama and have some slushies with my BFF

I haven't changed YC...BUT I am super jazzed for HRH CL...So I will be kidnapping Janet and Sue one day and bring them to the darkside...insert evil laugh here...DS4 goes back to ENT next week for the final answer on surgery...
well deserved pixie dust! Hey, I get to be kidnapped? Woohoo!

Good luck with the ENT!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Old 04-15-2013, 10:10 PM   #1273
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
So glad you had a great night!!! I love a good hockey game DH and I are about due for a date night, it's been a while.

I hope the tears finally stopped Stinks that FIL could not get you a ticket for the game. Just focus on BC

Woohoo, Disney Date Night

Don't do it!!! Although... DH hates the idea of changing resorts so we just go up early the morning we want to start our trip. I wanted to go up last time and stay at Pop the night before and DH said no, he just wanted to check into CR and be done with it. What time are you planning on leaving FLL? I am sure it is a lot, but how much is the difference between Pop and GF?
It's only about $160 difference. I got a smokin deal on GF from that Travel Agency . But, then again, the $160 will buy some meals, or something nice maybe I'll see how I feel after I pay off the trip. I'm almost there.
And just got bad news from our school district. we are in deficit and there will be lay offs so maybe I'll hang tight and see where I am when the dust settles. Bleck. Just heard today.

Old 04-16-2013, 06:41 AM   #1274
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Sorry about the layoffs, I'll keep my fingers (and toes) crossed for you!!!

At $160 I would be torn too!!! Yes it can buy some meals but it woulda me it so you don't have to move resorts. Can you get up to WDW early enough in the day to make it worth it?

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 04-16-2013, 06:51 AM   #1275
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Iheart-Thanks for the good wishes! I am a happy Nana!

MM and Iheart-What fun that you both will be at YC/CL at the same time. Hope you all have fabulous vacations. Looking forward to hearing about your trips!!
Iheart I love hearing about your extra special surprises for your trip!I

Sue-I am sorry to hear about the layoffs. That must be so frustrating. Fingers crossed they don't affect you.

Sending out hugs to the RC friends, what happened in Boston is so shocking.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: