Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 07:00 AM   #1156
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyChest
*stands up*
My name is hairy, and i have a problem booking a resort and keeping it.

Im in the midst of brainstorming my second trip to the world. This time a split stay.
The poly (which is officially me n my familys home now) and yacht club or wilderness lodge, cant decide.
The decore of the WL screams "stay here!"
Wl is awesome..and welcome!!!
Sheilas quote...
Thinking about going back to bed been up since about 3am there were 3 very loud thunder boomers which spooked Bella who decided I needed to be woken up. Of course she is lying here now snoring away [/QUOTE]poor Bella..and her sleepless momma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout

Pas: Our switcheroo leader extraordinaire... one of these for ya since I know you're back to the grind.
Still here and still mentally changing..none of us really want yc....ugh
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247
Thanks everyone. Still not feeling better but I really don't want to go to the hospital. My doctor says to go to the er but I'm a terrible patient. I avoid medical care at all costs!
Sis.. please please take care!! You need steroids and allergy meds with your asthma meds probably...tis the season...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3
I am back....thanks for the virtual support! Apparently not gum disease, but I really need to get serious and look after things more or that is what it may turn into. It is like everything else, I put myself last, but I need to make myself a priority. So wake up call for me. Anyhow, off to work, have a wonderful day all!! will check in later.
ouch Jen! Hate the dentist.after years of neglect I go for my scraping..lol every 4 months. Double ouch

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger
I AM SO HAPPY For the first time in 2 years my baby has a healthy stomach (for the most part) Biopsies confirmed what the scope showed! I am so thankful to our gastro for thinking outside the box on this

I'll be back in a bit to catch up!

Melissa
yay!!!!! Melissa great job!! Our gf mommy!!! You fixed him!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B

Pas, sure you are hard at work...hoping you can enjoy some of the beautiful day with the kiddeos...
I've been working and well working bff..lots of hw to do today. So happy for Sam..btw we may do November if Brian needs ear tubes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977

They will always be our babies. :-)
agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M

Janet yup I'll be floating around GF for a couple of days then SAB on my noodle . Is it August yet?
I decided to take summer off of school to enjoy the kiddos. I cant wait!! Now I just need the little guy to not need surgery for his ears..

Last but not least....yay Candace!!!!!
Old 04-11-2013, 07:23 AM   #1157
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Wl is awesome..and welcome!!!
Sheilas quote...
Thinking about going back to bed been up since about 3am there were 3 very loud thunder boomers which spooked Bella who decided I needed to be woken up. Of course she is lying here now snoring away
poor Bella..and her sleepless momma

Still here and still mentally changing..none of us really want yc

I've been working and well working bff..lots of hw to do today. So happy for Sam..btw we may do November if Brian needs ear tubes

agreed

I decided to take summer off of school to enjoy the kiddos. I cant wait!! Now I just need the little guy to not need surgery for his ears..

Last but not least....yay Candace!!!!![/QUOTE]

Jeanette we had more storms last night me and my buddy on the couch together watching TV

I hope Brian does not need tubes but November and back to the Poly sounds like a good plan

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila

Last edited by sjs314; 04-11-2013 at 07:46 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-11-2013, 07:29 AM   #1158
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

ONE WEEK FROM TODAY!!!

Jeanette-have any of your kids had to have tubes yet? Both of my kids had them and were back to their regular selves within a couple of hours, so you shouldn't have to postpone!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 04-11-2013, 07:36 AM   #1159
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
ONE WEEK FROM TODAY!!!

Jeanette-have any of your kids had to have tubes yet? Both of my kids had them and were back to their regular selves within a couple of hours, so you shouldn't have to postpone!
Yeah for one week!!

And Jeanette - DD had to have tubes back when she was a little over 1 year and they made ALL the difference! She was perfectly fine afterwards! :-)
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 04-11-2013, 07:41 AM   #1160
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Yeah for one week!!

And Jeanette - DD had to have tubes back when she was a little over 1 year and they made ALL the difference! She was perfectly fine afterwards! :-)
Same experience here. Both of my girls had their's done at 1 year old and neither one of them have had an ear infection since!!! (knock on wood)

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 04-11-2013, 07:47 AM   #1161
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Tubes saved my middle DD too. The ear infections stopped, and finally her speech improved, as well as her moods. She had them re inserted once, and then when they fell out the second time, she did not need them anymore as she had outgrown the issue.

Candace yay for your approaching trip!
Old 04-11-2013, 08:20 AM   #1162
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Same experience here. Both of my girls had their's done at 1 year old and neither one of them have had an ear infection since!!! (knock on wood)
Yep! No more ear infections and she started walking finally.
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 04-11-2013, 09:22 AM   #1163
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
ONE WEEK FROM TODAY!!!

sis I hope he doesn't need the tubes. They thought Daniel was going to need them, but decided he didn't.

My nebulizer treatments seem to be helping me a little now. It is much easier for me to breathe, and I am not yawning as often or gasping for air. I am going into work an hour later today for the heck of it. I called them earlier to let them know.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:45 AM   #1164
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post

sis I hope he doesn't need the tubes. They thought Daniel was going to need them, but decided he didn't.

My nebulizer treatments seem to be helping me a little now. It is much easier for me to breathe, and I am not yawning as often or gasping for air. I am going into work an hour later today for the heck of it. I called them earlier to let them know.
Dani glad your feeling better

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 04-11-2013, 10:13 AM   #1165
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

So the additional 200 square feet wins over the Poly's convenience to the TTC and an actual bed for DD2 (as opposed to the inflatable toddler bed we will have for her)...right??
Old 04-11-2013, 10:37 AM   #1166
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Dani glad your feeling better
Thanks! And today is our 50 day mark. I can't wait to be at the Poly.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:22 PM   #1167
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

So, can I brag on my babies a lil' bit....?

So, my oldest DD is in 3rd grade...she has always been light years ahead of everyone in her class in reading, math, etc....well, she had her standardized testing several months back and hers came back with Proficient with Distinction in all categories which is as high as you can get.

Well, we totally expected that as she has always been super smart. Our youngest DD is extremely smart too, but has always battled with shyness (sometimes crippling). Honestly, ever since she started gymnastics last fall, her shyness has melted away ten-fold and she is amazing in social settings now. Not quite as boisterous as our older one, but light years from where she was. Well, she had to go in and register for 1st grade (she is in private Kindergarten right now) and we really worry about how she'll adjust to the public school. Part of the entry into public school is actually taking a standardized test for your grade right off the bat....well, she went into that test...the adminstrator of the test came to get her...she hoppped up and skipped off with her with no shyness or anything...and guess what???? Out of 117 questions, she only got 2 wrong!!!!! Another Proficient with Distinction!!!!

I am sooooooo proud of her. And, the test lady said that she was doing so well, they decided to give her 60 bonus questions, which are above her grade level, which she happily answered and only got 6 wrong!!! The test lady said she was amazing!

I'm so proud of my little bambino.

And, while I was at the school waiting for her testing to be done, I spoke with DD8 teacher to confirm she would have Mikayla complete all of her assignments before we leave on Thursday!!!

Sorry for the rambling....all is goooooood!!!!

PAST TRIPS:
Old 04-11-2013, 12:33 PM   #1168
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So, my oldest DD is in 3rd grade...she has always been light years ahead of everyone in her class in reading, math, etc....well, she had her standardized testing several months back and hers came back with Proficient with Distinction in all categories which is as high as you can get.

Well, we totally expected that as she has always been super smart. Our youngest DD is extremely smart too, but has always battled with shyness (sometimes crippling). Honestly, ever since she started gymnastics last fall, her shyness has melted away ten-fold and she is amazing in social settings now. Not quite as boisterous as our older one, but light years from where she was. Well, she had to go in and register for 1st grade (she is in private Kindergarten right now) and we really worry about how she'll adjust to the public school. Part of the entry into public school is actually taking a standardized test for your grade right off the bat....well, she went into that test...the adminstrator of the test came to get her...she hoppped up and skipped off with her with no shyness or anything...and guess what???? Out of 117 questions, she only got 2 wrong!!!!! Another Proficient with Distinction!!!!

I am sooooooo proud of her. And, the test lady said that she was doing so well, they decided to give her 60 bonus questions, which are above her grade level, which she happily answered and only got 6 wrong!!! The test lady said she was amazing!

I'm so proud of my little bambino.

And, while I was at the school waiting for her testing to be done, I spoke with DD8 teacher to confirm she would have Mikayla complete all of her assignments before we leave on Thursday!!!

Sorry for the rambling....all is goooooood!!!!

That is amazing Candace, you must just be so proud of them both! You and your DH have been doing something right that is for sure!

I can share a little bit of happiness too! I was preparing our good copy of our taxes as we are close to the deadline, and I noticed I made a mistake the first time! We are actually getting $1350 back!! Whoo Hooo!! Not a whole lot of money but it sure beats paying!! Life is good!
Old 04-11-2013, 12:53 PM   #1169
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Jeanette we had more storms last night me and my buddy on the couch together watching TV

I hope Brian does not need tubes but November and back to the Poly sounds like a good plan
I actually chatted with my TA today, and even if he needs the tubes, no cancelling just yet Bree was not a happy camper with those storms last night either

Quote:
ONE WEEK FROM TODAY!!!

Nope..saved the best for last. DS12 almost needed them, our ENT is conservative so he waited. DS4 will also need adenoidectomy as well I'm nervous he won't comply with ear plugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Tubes saved my middle DD too. The ear infections stopped, and finally her speech improved, as well as her moods. She had them re inserted once, and then when they fell out the second time, she did not need them anymore as she had outgrown the issue.
He has significant hearing loss from the fluid, I know it's simple and he will be fine..but he's been through a lot

Quote:
Thanks, I just don't want him NOT to be able to swim

Quote:

Quote:
Yep! No more ear infections and she started walking finally.
He's only had one infection...just this darn hearing loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post

Glad you're better sis. Take it easy

Quote:
So the additional 200 square feet wins over the Poly's convenience to the TTC and an actual bed for DD2 (as opposed to the inflatable toddler bed we will have for her)...right??

Quote:
I can share a little bit of happiness too! I was preparing our good copy of our taxes as we are close to the deadline, and I noticed I made a mistake the first time! We are actually getting $1350 back!! Whoo Hooo!! Not a whole lot of money but it sure beats paying!! Life is good!

OK>>>>>>

New plan for August...maybe...

4 nights YC then 4 nights HRH CL....what's everyone think
Old 04-11-2013, 01:07 PM   #1170
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That is amazing Candace, you must just be so proud of them both! You and your DH have been doing something right that is for sure!

Spending money for Disney!!!!

PAST TRIPS:
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: