Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 08:23 AM   #1111
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Thanks for celebrating with me everyone!!!! Whooohoooo!!!

I am so ready for this trip. Of course, my little DD6 has come down with a nasty cold and my throat was hurting last night (but I think more from post-nasal drip or something)....always something.

My kids always seem to get sick the week before Disney...and other than that they NEVER get sick.

DD started showing signs of a cold and DH said "Oh! We must be going to Disney next week!"

I guess it's better that we get illness out of the way now, and then on to sunny Florida next week!!!!!

Just in case, some pixie dust for us to just magically clear up these colds would be much appreciated!
Here's hoping they get over the colds soon!! :-)
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 04-09-2013, 08:34 AM   #1112
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

I thought my TA hadn't made my ADR changes yesterday like he said he would until I checked the silly Disney Experience app. There they all were! :-) But then I noticed Le Cellier was still a lunch ADR instead of dinner. And Coral Reef was dinner that day (instead of lunch). Apparently the CM told him there weren't any dinner openings for the day I wanted at Le Cellier, but I checked online and there are openings at 7:20 and 7:45, so he'll call again today and get them switched. :-) YEAH! No BOG dinner, but we'll do lunch there one day when we're at MK so it's all good.
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-09-2013, 08:41 AM   #1113
Piglets Mommy
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Thanks for celebrating with me everyone!!!! Whooohoooo!!!

I am so ready for this trip. Of course, my little DD6 has come down with a nasty cold and my throat was hurting last night (but I think more from post-nasal drip or something)....always something.

My kids always seem to get sick the week before Disney...and other than that they NEVER get sick.

DD started showing signs of a cold and DH said "Oh! We must be going to Disney next week!"

I guess it's better that we get illness out of the way now, and then on to sunny Florida next week!!!!!

Just in case, some pixie dust for us to just magically clear up these colds would be much appreciated!
Yay for your single digit dance!!!!

I hope everyone gets better soon! I remember we were all passing around all kinds of bugs for about a month before our cruise, and I was a nervous wreck. I was worried we would be denied boarding. Fortunately, we were all feeling better on a Wed, and we left Sat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
I thought my TA hadn't made my ADR changes yesterday like he said he would until I checked the silly Disney Experience app. There they all were! :-) But then I noticed Le Cellier was still a lunch ADR instead of dinner. And Coral Reef was dinner that day (instead of lunch). Apparently the CM told him there weren't any dinner openings for the day I wanted at Le Cellier, but I checked online and there are openings at 7:20 and 7:45, so he'll call again today and get them switched. :-) YEAH! No BOG dinner, but we'll do lunch there one day when we're at MK so it's all good.
Thise sound really good! I have about a month before I can make mine for Nov. Not sure what I even want...I know I want to do BOG lunch and then a day of F&W booths, but other than that, I'm not sure what I want. Thinking of Garden Grove over in the Swan for something different.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:25 PM   #1114
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Hi Peeps!!

MM, here's some to make DD feel better!! and YEAH for SINGLE DIGITS!! some is in order!!

Koh, Did your TA got the ADR changed for Le Cellier?

Piglets Mommy, hoping you feel better too

Wookie, try to get some more sleep tonight...or if you can't have fun playing the new expansion.

peteykirch, we are looking forward to returning to CG as well, it's been a long while (2009) since I've been there. Loved BOG in January.

Sue, best wishes to you on the knee surgery!! (somehow I missed it before). Relaxing at SAB seems to be just what the doctor will order... does this mean a summer spent at WDW??

------------------------------------------------------------------

My DD Sam will be at the Phillies baseball game tonight performing with the 9th grade band (pre-game show). Hoping that this is aired on TV .. if not the school should have something on the website!!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 04-09-2013, 03:54 PM   #1115
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Hi Peeps!!

MM, here's some to make DD feel better!! and YEAH for SINGLE DIGITS!! some is in order!!

Wookie, try to get some more sleep tonight...or if you can't have fun playing the new expansion.

peteykirch, we are looking forward to returning to CG as well, it's been a long while (2009) since I've been there. Loved BOG in January.

Sue, best wishes to you on the knee surgery!! (somehow I missed it before). Relaxing at SAB seems to be just what the doctor will order... does this mean a summer spent at WDW??

My DD Sam will be at the Phillies baseball game tonight performing with the 9th grade band (pre-game show). Hoping that this is aired on TV .. if not the school should have something on the website!!
janet Super kewl about Sam playing at the game!

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 04-09-2013, 04:16 PM   #1116
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
janet Super kewl about Sam playing at the game!
Thanks Sheila!! I sent her a text to have fun. We pick them up at 11:00 pm at the school, so then I can get all the scoop.

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 04-09-2013, 04:45 PM   #1117
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Janet - very cool about Sam playing at the game!

And yes, my TA got the Le Cellier ADR switched! :-) Just need to get Sea World tickets (waiting to see if there are any summer discounts or deals first), book family pics, book the dessert party and possibly the GF pirate cruise for DS, and make the autograph books! Oh, and lose 30 more pounds... :-) 112 days until we leave!
Old 04-09-2013, 04:48 PM   #1118
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Magic - I just realized we will be at Disney at the same time! Are you still staying at OKW?
Old 04-09-2013, 05:04 PM   #1119
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Hello my favoritest changing chicas.

You know what's pretty amazing about MM's Single Digit Dancing? This is probably the longest she's EVER not changed something... Hope the girls get over the germs QUICK!

Linda: Thanks for the Dessert Party info! Was worried it would be a mad rush sorta thing and the kiddo would be left not being able to see. I'd just be happy stuffing chocolate into my gob. Hmmm, it sounds like it would be quite a nice thing to plan for either his birthday or in celebration of our anniversary. Not sure if the first night we're there might be "too much" though. Gotta go find Sheila's thread!

Janet: Oooooh! WOW! Way to go, Sam... of course, if they do post a video, you'll have to share the link. (Thinking of you guys since I've managed to get Miss M watching HP. She's already done Philosopher's Stone and is now watching The Chamber of Secrets.) How'd the new carpet turn out?

Wookie, Sheila, Sue, Petey, Koh, Marie and the rest of you lovely lot...

All this chat of California Grill has got me keen to try it. The (old) menu sounded REALLY super good. Hoping the new one is similar. Adding this to my list of new places to try along with GF Cafe (and the Dessert Party )
Old 04-09-2013, 05:17 PM   #1120
peteykirch
Mouseketeer

I went to the Cali Grill for the first time last year and it was just magical.

Old 04-09-2013, 05:22 PM   #1121
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Petey: ... oh ... MY! What is that dish in the first pic? Also, you must share what was on the dessert plate. I'm trying so hard not to drool on my keyboard right now. Settles it. If we can get a reservation, there's no WAY we're missing out on that.
Old 04-09-2013, 05:24 PM   #1122
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
I got a 30 minute power nap. I would have gotten more sleep, but Joey kept texting me to make sure I was downloading the xpack on the DH's computer.

Quote:
Sound like fun!! I hope they do show it on tv.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Hello my favoritest changing chicas.

Wookie, Sheila, Sue, Petey, Koh, Marie and the rest of you lovely lot...

All this chat of California Grill has got me keen to try it. The (old) menu sounded REALLY super good. Hoping the new one is similar. Adding this to my list of new places to try along with GF Cafe (and the Dessert Party )

I really think it's a must do. Especially if you can get a window table during fireworks.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 04-09-2013, 05:26 PM   #1123
peteykirch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Petey: ... oh ... MY! What is that dish in the first pic? Also, you must share what was on the dessert plate. I'm trying so hard not to drool on my keyboard right now. Settles it. If we can get a reservations, there's no WAY we're missing out on that.
The first dish was, the Oak Fired Fillet of Beef, Tilamook Cheddar mashed potato puree, grilled sea beans, with a light teriyaki bbq sauce.

The flatbread was the Heirloom BLT flatbread.

The dessert was the chocolate toffee bread pudding, with caramel pretzels, and malted chocolate gelato.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:13 PM   #1124
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi Peeps!!

How exciting!! Will you be at the game?

Well, I plan on 2 weeks at WDW anyway they'll have to drag me out!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 20-Sept 3 2014 Poly
Old 04-09-2013, 08:20 PM   #1125
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Hi Ladies

Have any of you been following the thread / facebook page of little Chase Lykken? He is the little 4 year old that fell into the pool on the Fantasy and nearly drowned during the sail away party just before Easter. The parents have been posting updates on the facebook page (I can only read the front page). But today they were given the news from his MRI that he has severe brain damage. They have managed to get him home to Minnesota, and have two other children I believe.

I am just so sad, disturbed, and thinking of this family constantly. I know how easy it would be to have an accident with a little one. Right now DD4 is doing dangerous things like running away from me in parking lots, and just when DH was making dinner tonight, she grabbed a knife and started running around with it! At that age, they have no concept.

Anyway, just so so sad for this family whose life was changed in one instant, when it was supposed to be a wonderful family holiday. Had to share my feelings.

Just want to hug the kiddos so tight.

Oh...could you all send me some good thoughts and bravery? I have the dentist tomorrow and am nervous because I think I have a problem with my gums. My Dad had gum disease in his 40's and had to have surgery, so I am extremely scared I will have to go through that. My twin brother did. Anyway....that's all.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: