Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 03:33 PM   #91
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Look who is having fun at DLR!

Linda (far right) and Laurie (far left) - both dear friends. Looks like the DIS Divas are having a great time!

Old 03-01-2013, 03:39 PM   #92
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Been lurking a bit..at karate now with kiddos, then home to feed them and start the beautifying process

KOOK - sounds like you made the right decision, sorry you have to POSTPONE, but WDW isn't going anywhere. Better to go with a clear head and enjoy

Jen - sounds like you have a lot to sort through, if I find a money tree, I'll let you know for sure!!!! I have not seen any updates from Marie on FB at all, making me worry a bit.

Janet - I have no trip planned to report to you my AP's are good until Sep, so you never know

Jeanette - I can't wait to hear a out CSR BC (if you actually stay there). I chuckled with the Janet needing Diet Coke comment, she and I had the Diet Coke conversation when we met up, no Diet Pepsi for her (or me for that matter) LOL! I am pretty sure you will still have your job even after taking the two days off, isn't there still a shortage of nurses???

Virginia - welcome and congrats on DVC! DH won't even entertain DVC

Got to run!
Melissa

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest

Last edited by babyberger; 03-01-2013 at 03:49 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-01-2013, 03:40 PM   #93
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Possibility #1 - 8/4-8/10 CSR. Not booked yet though, so more than enough time to change dates and resorts between now and then!
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 03-01-2013, 03:46 PM   #94
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2vacation View Post
Hi everybody! Glad to see everyone is still changing away!

We cancelled our fall trip to WL thinking we'd take an adults only trip this pasat month. We were all sick for six weeks (flu, stomach bugs, admitted to the hospital...drama!!) so we didn't visit in February. Now we're back on for October! Booked Beach Club Villas only to read icky reviews about the rooms, so immediately cancelled and rebooked at the Poly for 10/20-10/27.

Lord knows if we'll make it!
Six weeks is waaaaay too long for everyone to be sick. UGH. October's weather will be great and I've read those same reviews about BCV - you made a great change to Poly and all the longhouses should be rehabbed by then, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
I can now officially say...

I am going to Disney next month!!!

Happy March everyone!!!!
I can officially say W00T W00T to that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
KOok: This RCer may be making a cancellation too, the cruise. It just seems like a big chunk of change for only three night. Don't cringe, but after transportation is added, and not even adding in excursions or onboard drinks....it will be around $3100. The financially responsible me says it will be better to save up and possibly do a longer cruise another year to get more value out of it. We will just be unpacking, and then having to pack up.
The longer the cruise, the cheaper the daily rate. You just need to book a longer cruise to save some $. I prefer longer cruises because it takes us a few days just to get used to the motion and routine. My vote is to save-up and plan on a longer cruise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Kook, sorry about spring break, but your reasoning for cancelling seem to be a sound decision...and you know those cabins are not going anywhere... Sooo, any tentative dates for summer??
So true about those cabins

I'm actually relieved today

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Not a cancellation...postponement and this means August perhaps... You usually go way earlier than me but heck it IS 5 months away!!! CSR is the closest I'll get to CL. Plus it's a brand new place for us so how cool is that

Jen, part of my not being able to catch up here is my heart wasn't in it. I want to go to WDW, heck I want to stay at Poly...my wallet says not now...but all in all, trip or no trip, my family and all their love and support is here.....2013 is turning to be a very uncertain year for us as well..one awesome RC quality is to modify plans...in all aspects of life. We're here for you Jen...as often as you need us
I understand what you're feeling about posting when you have so many distractions and changes going on. Though it can be threapeutic for you, sometimes you should just take a break from it and do it when the mood strikes. We're all here to help with everyone's changes (and cancelations) - we've got your back

If it was just a postponement then why did WDTC torture me for 15 minutes on-hold playing my favorite Test Track/Epcot music just so I could cancel a booking? Then I had to call SOG and cancel the overflow FWC booking. Then I had to cancel all my ADRs and Hampton Inn on the way down. I don't think I postponed much today. But I'm actually not in a cancelation funk - all is well, my sweet.

Quote:
HRH worried me yesterday...poor baby.She is back to herself 100%

So I told the hospital I need 2 days off...they said we will see...I replied, uh no, I will not be here...wonder if I'll still have a job...me thinks yes
So glad DD isn't having migraines today, poor thing. They HAVE to give you two days off!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyarewegoingback View Post
I need certify that I am a Resort Changer, so help me.

I want to introduce myself. I love all things Disney! Me and my family can't get enough of disney. My family just wants to be there. They actually don't care where, as long as we're there. So that's good, because that gives me flexibility, but bad, because it allows me to change.

My typical disney reservations go like this. We decide before we go on our next trip when we want to return, so that if there is a good BB, we can book. If there isn't then i usually book at regular rates a week or two when we get back at the least amount on-site hotel. And then if there is a discount, I change it and have it applied or change it to upgrade room and have it applied. If there is Free Dining, I change it again. And finally if there is an AP rate I change it again...

So we just bought DVC and booked our trips for May and November using points, but then when we were looking for somewhere to go for Spring Break about 2 months ago, we ended at you guessed it, disney. We booked POR at the rack, then upgraded to POR Royal Room, then added the spring discount, then added the AP discount. Now we are a month away and I'm trying to decided if we sound rent points and stay at AKL. IT'S A DISEASE! Help me!

Thanks for reading

-Virginia
Welcome aboard the SS Changealot (We have many life preservers). It's not a disease....it's a gift

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis! View Post
WDWKOOK: Postponements can be the BEST sort of relaxation sometimes. Looking forward to your next great plan, although I admit I was so hoping for a glowing FTW review so I could reserve mine with ease. I think you have plenty of Dlxe pic, right? Do you need any others?
Nail hit on head, Linda. My shoulders are lighter and I actually feel much better about all this uncertainty. I'd love some new Deluxe Room photos since yours may have been rehabbed. Everyone loves new resort photos! Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Kook-Stinking Sequester. I totally understand, though, especially with your dates. Heres hoping all this nutty stuff is over soon!
Love your trip plans and and here's a for all those NUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Big hugs to our Jeanette, Kook and Jen.

Got the kiddo at home today. It's an "Institute Day" Just saw the Oz trailer (again! Thought of you Melissa!)and now I think maybe we'll watch the original together later on.

Hubs forwarded the lab-wide email from the director about the sequestration. Nothing will happen until they hear about the final budget (by 27th March at the latest); nothing needs to happen until then due to the layoffs and budget cuts which occurred last year. Ah well, so no extra time off for him ... yet. (I won't call it a pay cut because I'm trying to see the silver lining. ) Lots of his co-workers complained about how the lab was closed during the last sequestration so they couldn't come in to work. Nerds. I tell ya.
Big hug right back. Never heard of Institute Day, do tell.

When you mentioned the lab it made me think of a National Lab like Argonne. DH isn't in physics is he? My dad worked there when I was a pre-schooler.

Quote:
Ladies: On an unrelated note, has anyone ever done the Behind the Seeds Tour at Epcot? The girls love the Land ride, and are fascinated with the greenhouses, as am I (in my former life pre-kids as a horticulturist. Was curious what it is like.
Loved it and so did DD, I highly recommend it and the price is a bargain.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:50 PM   #95
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post

Linda (far right) and Laurie (far left) - both dear friends. Looks like the DIS Divas are having a great time!
Thanks for posting our Linda - what fun - love those name tags

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Been lurking a bit..at karate now with kiddos, then home to feed them and stay the beautifying process

KOOK - sounds like you made the right decision, sorry you have to POSTPONE, but WDW isn't going anywhere. Better to go with a clear head and enjoy
Go powder your nose and get real purdy! Seriously, don't even think about GF tonight and have a GREAT night out with DH and friends
Old 03-01-2013, 03:52 PM   #96
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis! View Post
Hi RCers: I've missed you all. I do try to keep up. Our anniversary/DH bday trip has arrived today even though my ticker was a little off. CL Dlxe here we come. We are so pysched that the high temps for this weekend will only be 60 at WDW... that is sooooo awesome for these Floridians! Sweatshirts, Parks, mini golf, monorails, and tasty ADRs (Raglan Road, Crystal Palace and Shula's) will be our plans.
Happy Anniversary!! I can't remember if you said or not, but how many is it?
Happy Birthday to your DH!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic...itis! View Post
[/COLOR="SeaGreen"]HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANI!!!![/COLOR]
Happy Birthday to Dani!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Happy Friday and Happy March!

Since we've already had one great pasrific change with Jeanette moving over to a CSR BC room after a long WDTC hold, but with probably great WDW music... (DO NOT CHANGE THIS - we all want to hear your impressions), I thought we needed a cancelation!

I made the decision yesterday to cancel spring break later today and it's all good (as Jeanette famously proclaims). It wasn't a monetary decision so I don't want anyone to feel sorry for us - that's not my intention. The decision was based primarily on too much stress from sequestration looming. We would have been returning home one day before the furloughing is tentatively due to start. There's no way that wouldn't have been on our minds during vacation. When I told DD and DH at dinner, DH smiled and was actually relieved and happy and DD said, "I'm fine with that, I know we'll be going back." I knew she didn't want to miss 2 days of school so she was relieved, too.

I love a bargain, so I have to admit that the additional overcharge at spring break does bother me. The rooms end up about 40% higher during holidays and that never settles well with me. We also can't stay as long at spring break, so perhaps our annual summer trip will work perfectly and hopefully there will be less uncertainty in the US then - or maybe a lot more! I was excited about the FWC stay and using those APs up to the last possible day, but we did get over 30 days of use out of them and this change of plans may mean that great BLT one bedroom will be available then

I'll be back later to multi-quote, but I hope Marie's DH is recovering well and I hope that Linda/MAGIC will report back to us (and the CR thread) about her anniversary trip.
I'm sorry you had to cancel, but your reasoning make sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
I can now officially say...

I am going to Disney next month!!!

Happy March everyone!!!!
WOO HOO!! I hope the month flies by!!

Quote:
A Belated Happy Birthday to Dani and to Daniel!!

Our precious Lilyanna is next
Happy birthday to all those, who just had them, are about to have them, or family members are having them. My DH's birthday is coming up on the 12th and I can't wait for it!! Between my birthday on January 10th and his on March 12th, I am a year older than him. I am ready for the old lady jokes to end.

Quote:
HRH worried me yesterday...poor baby.She is back to herself 100%
And you have all made me happy to continue on...and I cannot do it without help...

So I told the hospital I need 2 days off...they said we will see...I replied, uh no, I will not be here...wonder if I'll still have a job...me thinks yes
I'm glad she is feeling better, and is back to 100%.

A humble for the continuation of your reign as the RC Queen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyarewegoingback View Post
I need certify that I am a Resort Changer, so help me.

I want to introduce myself. I love all things Disney! Me and my family can't get enough of disney. My family just wants to be there. They actually don't care where, as long as we're there. So that's good, because that gives me flexibility, but bad, because it allows me to change.

My typical disney reservations go like this. We decide before we go on our next trip when we want to return, so that if there is a good BB, we can book. If there isn't then i usually book at regular rates a week or two when we get back at the least amount on-site hotel. And then if there is a discount, I change it and have it applied or change it to upgrade room and have it applied. If there is Free Dining, I change it again. And finally if there is an AP rate I change it again...

So we just bought DVC and booked our trips for May and November using points, but then when we were looking for somewhere to go for Spring Break about 2 months ago, we ended at you guessed it, disney. We booked POR at the rack, then upgraded to POR Royal Room, then added the spring discount, then added the AP discount. Now we are a month away and I'm trying to decided if we sound rent points and stay at AKL. IT'S A DISEASE! Help me!

Thanks for reading

-Virginia
If it were a disease, it would be something we need to be cured of though. I like to think of it more as a resort changing hobby.

Quote:
Attention: All Newcomers and Veteran RCers (you know the drill)

Official Roll call has begun for ALL trips (Land, Sea, DVC or CRO) ... we want them ALL…

Dates and Resorts please….

Attempting to update Post #2..and carry on for our Dear Sarah
9/9-9/14 BC GV

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Wookie- A 3 ½ hour exam? Yikes! Glad thats over for you!

Happy Friday RC friends!
Happy Friday!!

Yep, all of the final exams (and midterms) have a 3 1/2 time limit. I probably did it in about 2 though. There were 3 essays and about 30 multiple choice.

Quote:
Got the kiddo at home today. It's an "Institute Day" Just saw the Oz trailer (again! Thought of you Melissa!)and now I think maybe we'll watch the original together later on.
I can't wait to see the new Oz movie. I don't know if y'all follow her blog, but Amy at The Relocated Tourist, got to see an early showing of it. I really want to see it now. I finally read the Wizard of Oz book and I can't wait to see the land of the porcelain people. It was my favorite part of the book, even if it was a small part of it.

Quote:
Hubs forwarded the lab-wide email from the director about the sequestration. Nothing will happen until they hear about the final budget (by 27th March at the latest); nothing needs to happen until then due to the layoffs and budget cuts which occurred last year. Ah well, so no extra time off for him ... yet. (I won't call it a pay cut because I'm trying to see the silver lining. ) Lots of his co-workers complained about how the lab was closed during the last sequestration so they couldn't come in to work. Nerds. I tell ya.
It just shows they are doing something they really love. I know I would complain if I were doing a computer programming job and I had to miss work for something like that. So far, it was the only class where I did not want to miss a single class.

Quote:
Well. For the guy who didn't want to do a cruise in the first place, he will not of hear of cancelling it. He is even willing to give up Boston instead. However, I will not do that to him. He really wants to see the Bosox, and I don't want to give up a potential meeting with Candace!!
So....I need to find a way to make some more money!!

I hope you are able to make it work. I would love to take a trip to Boston. At first, I was really sad about the thought of not getting back to WDW for a while. Then I realized I was looking at it all wrong. It's not about missing WDW, it's about finally getting around to seeing a lot of other places we have missed seeing since I always want to go to WDW. The only problem is that list is really, really long.

Quote:
Yep, thanks Janet!

Miss M requested to watch Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, instead of The Wizard of Oz. It's the Johnny Depp version. I knew I should've hidden it! As much as I love Johnny Depp ( ), Willy Wonka is and always shall be Gene Wilder.
Yeah I feel the same way about that movie. Gene Wilder will always be the one and true Willy Wonka. For some reason that made me think of the Highlander movies and I got an image in my head of Gene Wilder, dressed as Willy Wonka, holding a Japanese sword in one hand and the decapitated head of Johnny Depp, who was also dressed as Willy Wonka, in the other yelling "There can be only one!!" .....don't think I need to wonder where JM gets his imagination Well and I'm still not happy with Johnny Depp about Dark Shadows. I know it's partially my own fault for getting my hopes up, especially once I heard Tim Burton was involved. Plus after hearing JD saying he was not making a "spoof", which is exactly what it looks like. I wanted it like the series, all dark and gloomy, not.....well not what it was.

Nothing new to report here. After a night of practically no sleep, I tried to sleep in, but Joey kept sending me texts. Needless to say, he got a lot of all caps texts back from me. I've been looking over the records I have been keeping and his blood sugar seems to stay in the 80's. Except at night before bed time, when he's eaten a ton and had sweets. Then the highest it has been was 104. Still no tax return. I finally told the mil that if the money doesn't come soon, we'll have to cancel the March trip and move it to May. Hopefully we won't have to. I know it will be warmer in May, but it will be busier in San Antonio over Memorial Day weekend as well.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 03-01-2013, 04:08 PM   #97
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Kook - Argonne National Lab...are you in IL??
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 03-01-2013, 04:23 PM   #98
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post

Looks like y'all are having a great time while looking beautiful!!

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 03-01-2013, 04:30 PM   #99
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

My internet con has been up and down all afternoon. Hrmph. Think it might be trying to tell me something.

Christine: Thanks for sharing a pic of our lovely GG! She really needs a suitable moniker -- "grumpy" just isn't fitting.

Kookster: I don't have the foggiest idea what an Institute Day is, though I think the teachers are having meetings. I can't keep up with all these days off.

Daughter of a nerd, you are? (Read that in a Yoda-like voice. ) Argonne! Small world. Hubs had a post doc there for a few years before we moved overseas; he's now at Fermi down the road.

Wookie: Hope the thumbs are pulled out at the IRS soon so you can get your refund. I love your Gene Wilder Highlander vision. I've not seen Dark Shadows -- I assume it was a total flop? Have you seen Frankenweenie yet? I usually adore all things Burton.

Koh1977 & Wookie: I just cringe every other scene in the Depp version.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:33 PM   #100
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Kook - Argonne National Lab...are you in IL??
Not anymore, are you near ANL? We moved to IN when I started kindergarten. I'm in Northern VA now
Old 03-01-2013, 04:40 PM   #101
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Hey girls. I just wanted to drop a quick line to let you know I'm dropping off the DIS for awhile to take care of some personal stuff. Nothing too major, just stuff that needs to be dealt with without distraction.

Love and hugs to all. Will be back as soon as I can
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 03-01-2013, 04:41 PM   #102
WDWKOOK

Quote:

Kookster: I don't have the foggiest idea what an Institute Day is, though I think the teachers are having meetings. I can't keep up with all these days off.

Daughter of a nerd, you are? (Read that in a Yoda-like voice. ) Argonne! Small world. Hubs had a post doc there for a few years before we moved overseas; he's now at Fermi down the road.
Wife of a nerd, you are. Dinner parties must be interesting!

All you had to post was LAB and knowing you're in the Chicagoland area, those childhood memories came flooding back. My dad was first at Fermilab, then ANL (I was born in Chicago), then on to IU - guess where?
Old 03-01-2013, 04:43 PM   #103
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
Hey girls. I just wanted to drop a quick line to let you know I'm dropping off the DIS for awhile to take care of some personal stuff. Nothing too major, just stuff that needs to be dealt with without distraction.

You will be missed and I hope you and your family are ok. Please check back with us when you can - we'll keep your spot warm for you
Old 03-01-2013, 04:47 PM   #104
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post

Love back at ya, I_Heart. Totally understand the need to "disconnect" and I'm sorry you're dealing with rough stuff at the moment. You know we'll be around when you get things sorted. In the meantime, positive thoughts your way and always.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:58 PM   #105
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Wife of a nerd, you are. Dinner parties must be interesting!

All you had to post was LAB and knowing you're in the Chicagoland area, those childhood memories came flooding back. My dad was first at Fermilab, then ANL (I was born in Chicago), then on to IU - guess where?
Would that be good ol' Urbana-Champaign?

about the dinner parties. Oh, the funny stories I could tell about THOSE dinner parties. Hubs can say the words "worst evening ever" to me and we both know exactly who and what that refers to -- a physicist gathering (or "nerd shindig" as I like to call them). Usually they're not too bad but we've had some doozies.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: