Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 05:19 AM   #976
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Exactly 2 weeks to go!!!!

So glad Jeanette made it safely!!! Now, what resort is she at???

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 04-04-2013, 05:53 AM   #977
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
I just have to say I really dislike the new site (and app) when it comes to making ADRs. I may have my TA do them just because it takes way too long!
Koh-Some one on the restaurant board posted this workaround.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_GB/

It was great for me. It is a link to the "old" Disney site. I was able to take care of my dining reservations, change them, even link my 180 + 10. I can also access my resort reservation there. I like it much better, it includes amount paid info. Fingers crossed they leave it up for a long time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
I've been calling all my clients dining reservations in. The new website is terrible.
Dani- How frustrating! I just don't get Disney's IT department. Really sad. Maybe someday they will hire some folks who are familiar with the concept of beta testing.

I will stop back by in a bit. I am finally pretty much caught up, at least for today!

TY Kook!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2013, 05:55 AM   #978
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post

MM-Woo hoo!!!

Wishing Jeanette a fabulous day!

TY Kook!
Old 04-04-2013, 06:27 AM   #979
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:

Yippie for 2 weeks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post

It was great for me. It is a link to the "old" Disney site. I was able to take care of my dining reservations, change them, even link my 180 + 10. I can also access my resort reservation there. I like it much better, it includes amount paid info. Fingers crossed they leave it up for a long time!

Dani- How frustrating! I just don't get Disney's IT department. Really sad. Maybe someday they will hire some folks who are familiar with the concept of beta testing.

I will stop back by in a bit. I am finally pretty much caught up, at least for today!
Thanks for posting up until a few days ago my iPad was taking me to the old site but now it goes to the new one as my ADR day is coming up of course

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 04-04-2013, 06:33 AM   #980
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Can I just link those ADRs with my reservations online then and make changes if need be later? And since when do you have to pay upfront for CRT when you're on the dining plan?
It use to be you had to call to avoid paying up front for CRT if you had the DP but I know I was able to link my dining plan in Nov and book CRT without prepaying............maybe it is a glitch with the new site, I would call or have your TA call

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 04-04-2013, 06:33 AM   #981
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Morning Sheila, Dani, MM, Giinny and Koh!!

Quote:

Jeanette is staying at the Royal Pacific CL!!

and for 2 weeks!!

Ginny, thanks for the old dining link! That's good to have since I dislike the new website also!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 04-04-2013, 07:52 AM   #982
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post

Thanks so much!! I will have to try out that link!
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 04-04-2013, 08:11 AM   #983
sjs314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post

and for 2 weeks!!

Ginny, thanks for the old dining link! That's good to have since I dislike the new website also!
Good Morning Janet and All RC Family

My new obsession is stalking JB for airfare, having only ever bought RT before it is driving me crazy not having return flights. Delta flys out of HPN too so I might check them out, we use to always fly Delta before there was a Jet Blue.

Delta is OUT no non-stop flights

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila

Last edited by sjs314; 04-04-2013 at 08:18 AM. Reason: Add Delta comment
Old 04-04-2013, 09:52 AM   #984
Piglets Mommy
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Booking Alert!!!

So I've spent the morning playing on the internet. Here's what I have booked:

POP: Oct 20th - Oct 27th - will be changing these dates depending on airfare - BB from when I was there in Jan

OKW: Oct 25-Oct 27th - yes I know I'm double booked

AKV Jambo: Oct 27th - Nov 3rd - this won't change

OKW: Nov 3rd - Nov 7th - decided to leave before the busy weekend

Of course I may need to add on at the end depending on airfare.

And I just checked my ADR date is 200 days .... sounds lucky to me!!!
YAY!! Great plans! And your trip overlaps with mine a little! I am getting so excited for my first F&W!!!
Quote:
20 more minutes of lunch so I thought I'd try and get caught up! :-)

We are officially booked now for CR Garden Wing Deluxe room 8/2-8/8! And I booked the Hilton Grand Vacations at Sea World for 7/31-8/2! Yeah!!! So excited!! The summer can't get here soon enough! Now to work on ADRs!! I was going to let my TA do them, but...idk...
Sounds awesome!!!
Quote:
Hi Melissa!

Yes, Jeanette sent me a text - they are at the hotel... Text came thru around 9:45 pm.
Great news!!!
Quote:

YAY to 2 weeks!!!
Quote:

and for 2 weeks!!

Morning, Janet!!!

I love the look of Royal Pacific! I hope she has a great time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post

My new obsession is stalking JB for airfare, having only ever bought RT before it is driving me crazy not having return flights. Delta flys out of HPN too so I might check them out, we use to always fly Delta before there was a Jet Blue.

That is me with Southwest and Air Tran! I priced out Jet Blue yesterday, and the fares weren't too bad...$141 down and $165 back, but it went through Boston. Nothing like flying North to go South. Right now the only thing I can find Nonstop out of PHL is USAir. I'm pretty sure SW and Air Tran will, if they ever release the darn fares!

Hope all my RCer friends have a great Thursday!
Old 04-04-2013, 09:55 AM   #985
Piglets Mommy
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

Ohhh...I just noticed my ticker when I posted!
3 Months till Disneyland!!!:cheer:

I am so excited! It is coming up so fast. I am used to planning trips a year or more in advance and making 20 million changes along the way.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:31 AM   #986
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post

Sheila, my friend, WHY do you need to return from Disney?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglets Mommy View Post
YAY!! Great plans! And your trip overlaps with mine a little! I am getting so excited for my first F&W!!!
Me too (on the overlapping... been to F&W once)

Quote:
Morning, Janet!!!

I love the look of Royal Pacific! I hope she has a great time!
Of course they will... they are on vaca!!! Out late at CityWalk last night... so a late start to today.... but it's all good....bring on Universal!!

Airfares... priced out SW this AM.... $$159 on 11/1 or Airtran $127....can't check return.... USAIR $159 down, $125 return (11/5) and you know me with connections ...

Quote:
Ohhh...I just noticed my ticker when I posted!
3 Months till Disneyland!!!:cheer:

I am so excited! It is coming up so fast. I am used to planning trips a year or more in advance and making 20 million changes along the way.
for DL!!! For me, I like planning in a much shorter window...

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 04-04-2013, 11:20 AM   #987
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Piglets Mom a great big yay for overlapping trip!!! With so many RCers there I think a meet is in order!!!!
Old 04-04-2013, 11:44 AM   #988
Piglets Mommy
New Rule:

Quote:
Sheila, my friend, WHY do you need to return from Disney?

Me too (on the overlapping... been to F&W once)

Of course they will... they are on vaca!!! Out late at CityWalk last night... so a late start to today.... but it's all good....bring on Universal!!

Airfares... priced out SW this AM.... $$159 on 11/1 or Airtran $127....can't check return.... USAIR $159 down, $125 return (11/5) and you know me with connections ...

for DL!!! For me, I like planning in a much shorter window...
Good point on the return! Why bother???

I am so glad that you will probably be there when we are! It will be so much fun!

I am hoping we can get 3 tickets with our SW points, but the USAir fares aren't too bad. Hurry up, Southwest!!!

No wonder I am such an RCer...Here I am with a trip 3 months away, and thnking of changing resorts. I guess I can't really call offsite at DL a "resort" but still. I think that's what makes me so nervous...I am so used to so many nice onsite places, but I know DL is so different, and you don't need to be onsite (and for more than double....)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Piglets Mom a great big yay for overlapping trip!!! With so many RCers there I think a meet is in order!!!!
Sounds great!!!
Old 04-04-2013, 12:10 PM   #989
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Hello to all the lovely ladies of RCing!

Jeanette:

Jen: Ugh, poor DD. I'm sorry she's having to deal with that sorta stuff; kids can be so mean. Give her a hug from Miss M and I Tell her I said she's an absolutely gorgeous girl.

Piglet's Mommy, Sheila, Janet: I'm hoping the Gods of Cheap Airfare smile upon you soon! They can be quite stingy. I keep checking SW when they announce their sales on Tuesday to see if the flights we booked have dropped; they just seem to be going up. I managed to nab $135 on the departure and $111 on the return. That's about as good as it's going to get for us, I think.

Piglet's Mommy: Oh my, MORE than double to stay on-site?

Who's up NEXT on the DISNEY PIXIE-DUST-O-MATIC?! Would that be our lovely Mousemommy?!

Ginny: I'm going to have to bookmark that dining link -- my 180 is soon-ish. Thanks for posting it!

Melissa: You need a hug. And one of these, too I bet:

to all.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:48 PM   #990
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Hello my lovelies!!

I am kinda super excited about a tweak we made for November. We are now cruising FIRST...November 14 three night Bahamas, and then we can take advantage of the full week of bounceback that is offered Nov 17 - 23!!

Yay! Now I will join the rest of you airfare stalkers for the next release of Airtran and Southwest! Jetblue has a good fare going down on the 14 in the early morning but returning is the pits for time and price. So.....we shall wait!

Thanks Miss: DD swears it doesn't bother her, and she was just venting. I remember putting up with such meanness in school, just wishing I could shield then from it.

Oh, and I also helped a friend of mine get a fantastic rate for their August trip to stay at the Yacht Club...through an unnamed travel agency! They are seriously getting an amazing rate. They were originally staying at AOA but when I told her to google Stormalong Bay, she couldn't believe how great it looked. I like helping people...

Anyhoo hi to everyone, and have a great day! Let's keep on top of this airfare thing!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: