Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 02:13 PM   #916
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Ha! I just came across this and emailed it to DH....sound like me....just a bit!!

http://marriedmansexlife.com/2012/07...ning-disorder/
Old 04-02-2013, 02:33 PM   #917
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Hehehe. Your weirdness? And yes, darn DISers are persuasive!!
Just about the layout of the room door, that's all. I'm weird, yes. I can't wait to hear how you like it... now, just don't go changing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post

Miss - about your picture by the door at Target, that is how I feel about the grocery store. I even have the full converstaions with the guy who delivers the bread, I know his whole life story, LOL! Hope you find what you need at Target today, they did NOT have what I needed today and I walked out with NOTHING
The lure of Target ... it won't let you leave without buying something. And if, by some moment of temporary insanity, you do manage this feat of willpower? You have to go back that afternoon. See?

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Thanks y'all. We really did have a great time. We did spend a lot more than we expected (or more than what the DH expected. I don't think we bought anything at Sea World that wasn't at least $20 each time. Well except the one time we just bought 4 waters, and that was almost $12.

The DH was surprised at how many pictures I took, which was almost 800. I just told him that I kept pressing the button to take pictures because you never knew when a dolphin or whale would pop up.
What did we ever do before digital cameras?! I do the same in those situations. Just click away and hope I get something good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Miss, Target will be greeting you by first name soon....

Hi to all I've missed! Busy at work and leaving early for Sam's doctor appt.
Hope it's nothing serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Things over here are prickly between DH and I today....he said I stress him out more than his work ever could. Huh?? Vacation talk stresses him out?

Whatever. Sometimes I think I should not involve him at all in the planning and just tell him when to show up.

Miss: Boy I wish we could be Target buddies!! When does Miss M start soccer? The girls start May 24 weekend.
They just don't understand or share our enthusiasm. That's what we're here for... us loonies get it. at that link! So, that's what it's called, eh? Although, I have to share something very other-worldly which happened yesterday as we were looking at the Lollapalooza line-up for this year. He said, "You know the money toward just one day of the concert and hotel would be a good chunk of change toward the annual passes." I about did this:

Could you imagine the trouble we'd get in at Target? Speaking of, Melissa needs to tell us if she got anything good on her return trip.

How long have the girls been playing soccer? They started up so early here -- and have already had one of the practices cancelled due to cold weather. Her first match is this Saturday. I was commenting at the last practice that I admire the coach because it really looked like he was trying to herd cats.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2013, 02:41 PM   #918
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Yes yes I made a return trip to Target (with Sarah) as she walked out with a new lunchbox and pillow.

Aren't Miss' psychic powers amazing, LMAO!!!!

I'm hoping to finish catching up in a bit. I am waiting to hear if DH is dropping his car at the dealer for service and needs me to pick him up. Not sure why he just doesn't get a loaner from them.

Melissa

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 04-02-2013, 03:20 PM   #919
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
What did we ever do before digital cameras?! I do the same in those situations. Just click away and hope I get something good.
I'm just glad we don't have to deal with non-digital camera any more. I remember my mom bringing a ton of film rolls on our vacations for her 35mm. Then when we got home, we had to drive to the next town (about a 30 minute drive one way) to the Wal Mart to drop them off to be developed and then pick them up several days (or even longer) later. I could see myself either losing rolls of film before I used them, or even worse, after. Then the cost of all the film and the processing. I know if I had the Canon D4i I want, I would have gotten a lot more pictures of whales/ dolphins mid jump instead of just the splash.

I couldn't remember how many pictures my mom got to the roll, so I called and asked. She said that it just depending, but usually 24 or 36. I checked my picture folder and it has 726 in it, but I took well over 800 pictures (I'll round up to 900 just for math purposes since I know I deleted a lot of pictures through out the trip). With a 24 count roll, I would have needed to 38 rolls of film. With a 36 count, I would have needed 25 rolls of film. I can't imagine in PITA that would have been on this trip. In each of the shows we saw, I would have had to reloaded several times per show. I truly hadn't thought about it before now, but I am soooooo thankful for digital cameras. Plus it makes it easier to put pictures in different virtual locations to keep from losing them. My DH's family had a bunch of stuff in storage once, including a ton of pictures and video from a (I think it was 8MM video camera they had). Someone broke into their storage unit and even stole the pictures and film, which I'm sure they just tossed later. It is because of that, the DH is really paranoid about backing up all of our pictures of the DSs in several locations.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 04-02-2013, 08:38 PM   #920
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Target .... I thought it was the law that if you walked in the door you had to buy something!!! Am I wrong?????
Old 04-02-2013, 08:46 PM   #921
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Sorry I didn't make it back to catch up. Had to go get DH at dealership (and we didn't even look at all the shiny new cars ) then dinner, kids, etc.

No plans tomorrow so I should be able to catch up.

Happy World Autism Awareness Day!

Melissa

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 04-03-2013, 03:12 AM   #922
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quick note before going back to bed. DH ok'd the 6 nights!! Sent an email to the TA to book the deluxe room at CR! Woohoo!! Is it August yet?? :-)
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 04-03-2013, 04:50 AM   #923
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Can't multi-quote now, but wanted to wish Jeanette safe and happy travels today! Will she be making a last second change??? I think we all want a CSR/BC review so let's hope she spends a night there, at least.

Can't wait to hear about your trip!
Old 04-03-2013, 06:17 AM   #924
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Can't multi-quote now, but wanted to wish Jeanette safe and happy travels today! Will she be making a last second change??? I think we all want a CSR/BC review so let's hope she spends a night there, at least.

Can't wait to hear about your trip!
Yeah!! Have a great trip, Jeanette! :-)
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 04-03-2013, 06:18 AM   #925
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Whoo Hooo Jeanette!!
Old 04-03-2013, 06:23 AM   #926
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Magical travels Jeanette!!!! Have a great time!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 04-03-2013, 06:23 AM   #927
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Target .... I thought it was the law that if you walked in the door you had to buy something!!! Am I wrong?????
I thought so too!!! No leaving Target without a purchase!!

Safe travels to our Jeannette! Looking forward to a TR, please!

Happy Easter and Passover (belated) greetings to my RC family! I am the lost sheep of the family lately, but you are all in my thoughts often. No hope of catching up on the latest...a recap on our FB group would help!

Hope Spring has finally sprung in your corner of the world.

Miss you all!

Old 04-03-2013, 06:49 AM   #928
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Whoo Hooo Jeanette!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Magical travels Jeanette!!!! Have a great time!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
I thought so too!!! No leaving Target without a purchase!!

Safe travels to our Jeannette! Looking forward to a TR, please!

Happy Easter and Passover (belated) greetings to my RC family! I am the lost sheep of the family lately, but you are all in my thoughts often. No hope of catching up on the latest...a recap on our FB group would help!

Hope Spring has finally sprung in your corner of the world.

Miss you all!
So we will be checkining in this evening at Royal Pacific and doing Universal tomorrow....I am packed (as of 20 minutes ago )

Sorry I've been MIA but my heart is here!! I actually was hurt at work the other night (neck sprain) but I have Advil and my plans to get on Harry Potter first thing..after my club level breakfast Hopefully Thursday DH and I can head over to the Poly to find Lulu'smom!!!!

On RC related news......we may be making a switch to .....YC Or a mod...I really am trying to make summer reasonable..HRH and I foundthe COOLEST house ever for rent, DH still says no offsite

Candace...YOU ARE NEXT GIRL

And FWIW, it IS a law you cannot leave Target without buying anything

And my paper from last week....A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Angel Sarah, thank you for your guidance and peace this week I needed it (Janet, BFF...thank you for everything)

Hugs to all!! Get ready for photobombs if I have your cell!!!

Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 04-03-2013, 06:55 AM   #929
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Happy World Autism Awareness Day!

Melissa

as a sister to an Autistic bro, and fellow Aspies's Mamma... Melissa!!!

Old 04-03-2013, 07:08 AM   #930
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Jeanette The pics of the courtyard pool looks nice ,all for zero entry but not a fan of the new fenceing
Sheila, I don't like the fencing either..it takes away from the "look"

Quote:
Things over here are prickly between DH and I today....he said I stress him out more than his work ever could. Huh?? Vacation talk stresses him out?

Whatever. Sometimes I think I should not involve him at all in the planning and just tell him when to show up.
I TOTALLY get it Jen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRiley1985 View Post
Well, in officially a resort changer lol! Just used the summer offer to book Pop instead of CSR. I'm a little nervous about going back to a value since I had such a terrible experience at AsMu last year It's only for one night before we check into BCV so I will probably survive LOL!
Pop rocks And

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post

Nurses are so under-appreciated. I'm sorry you have to deal with that junk. (When I was in the ER, I made sure to use my manners -- well, as always -- and joke as much as I normally do since I'm sure you guys appreciate an "easy patient" now and again.)

How was the cookout? I love that idea.
The cookout was fantastic, and paper plates...no dishes...work I have this black cloud over me...SO busy, The patient was under the infuence of heroin so I am trying not to hold it against him..usually I maintain my cool, but he really got under my skin..luckily our police made sureI got to my car safely and discreetly. And after he was released he was arrested for a warrant and they added terroristic threats. He will be back...he is a frequent flyer I spent yesterday in the ER with Bree who decided to open her banana like Daddy with a knife and needed stiches She's such a trooper that girl! But...ugh!!! SHE is becoming a ER frequent flyer as well...hey, gotta have one

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmhall2000 View Post
Hi, my name is lmhall2000 (actually my moniker) and I am a confirmed RC. I need help!!

We have not been to the world in 8 years!! All kids are well over any height restrictions so we all decided it was time to visit and get those rides completed! Plus, Disney cruise line has offered much better deals for our family of five than we could grab from Disneyworld so hoping Free Dining option for September will change that...or will I not only be a RC, I'll be a SC (ship changer! )

Started out booking Contemporary, but alas, the cheapest room for $404 a night is not available..the $440 a night was freaking me out, so considered POR but our child who would be sleeping on the extra bed is over 6'3 so not an option..someone mentioned a blow up mattress, but honestly, paying that much a night..I am not messing with a blow up! So, then switched to the Fort Wilderness Cabin...now thinking I really need to rent a golf cart, I figure I need to reconsider the Deluxe option again...BC, YC, BWI??? All have rooms with daybed that will fit us well.....

We have stayed at Poly twice, Contemporary once, Animal Kingdom (when we could fit our youngest in a pack n play) once and Old Key West once...would prefer to try something new..

Any RC suggestions out there?? If this was our last trip to DW, which resort would you suggest??
OK I LOVE the monorail loop, that said a deluxe room at BC would be awesome...but that's a lotta dough even with a discount....BWI I think has daybeds in most rooms AND a balcony...that may be the best. One RCer (Iheart) ended up in a YC room without the daybed even though she was a family of 6 (one infant) Kookster has the AWESOMEST BWI thread

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: