Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 09:50 PM   #766
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post

I thought of you last night!!! We were watching a special about water parks and one was in San Antonio! I wonder if it was the one you were going to go to.
Was it called Schlitterbaun? If it is, that's actually in New Braunfels. We've been to it in the past and it is fun. We're not going this time. Just Sea World.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 03-25-2013, 09:54 PM   #767
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Was it called Schlitterbaun? If it is, that's actually in New Braunfels. We've been to it in the past and it is fun. We're not going this time. Just Sea World.
No it was Aquatica. They had a slide that was featured on the show.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2013, 08:12 AM   #768
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
No it was Aquatica. They had a slide that was featured on the show.
ah, I'm just so used to them just talking about Schlitterbaun that I totally forget about Aquatica. We're going to skip it this trip. It would take our Sea World tickets for one day to like $360 instead of $220. Plus I really think it'll be too chilly to do a waterpark. The high isn't supposed to get above 80-ish and there is the possibility of thunderstorms.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 03-26-2013, 10:45 AM   #769
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Marie, keeping your Dad in my prayers

Jen, your girls are so cute! Love the bunny pix! Hope your August trip for you and DH works out.

GG how bout AKV and WVL? Or a Epcot resort and VWL?

Melissa, happy to see you back on the DIS! We do have some WDW plans, but nothing finalized... probably will be in Disney week of 8/19...

Magic, Yay for booking Mom's birthday weekend at the POLY. What are your dates, so I can add them to the list.

MM, your shirts are amazing (thanks for the website info) Your DH did a great job! We will definitely need to see a pix of the family! Its great you have a game night (we used to do this too)... it was my DS that loved the board games& remember playing epic games of RISK with Paul and whoever had Ukraine, the other would say Ukraine is weak, It's feeble. I think it's time to put the hurt on the Ukraine" (from a Seinfeld episode)

Miss, that quite a fall my friend ...happy that you have retained your great looks (and didn't chip any teeth). Your DH cracks me up!! btw, I'm as graceful as you... here's a recent one.. on the January trip, was trying on a shirt in the Canadian shop (over my shirt), it was a little tight so when I took it off, it all came off!! was standing in the middle of the shop minus my OWN shirt..(luckily I had on a cammie)& Linda and I looked at each other and it hit me after a few seconds that I wasnt in a dressing room... Boy I was really fumbling to get my shirt back on....even though it was embarrassing it was so funny as heck too!!

Dani, sorry you are being audited, hopefully once the papers have been handed over they will be satisfied.

Kook, breakfast with Pas is out unfortunately but I will be sure to pin her down after her trip. Glad you are back in the planning mode& Love the Europe comment by DD! So it's CR for now?? (will send you a pix of the girls at the concert)

Koh, congrats on your DHs bonus and raise!! So, have you made any decisions about changing your August trip?

Wookie, have a wonderful trip!! looking forward to reading all about it. Sam and I are looking forward to friday!

Sue, congrats on scoring your airfare for your January '14 trip!! Dates?? and your resort possibilities are all good.

Pas, congrats on your latest change the clock is ticking on this one...where will you end up??

Peteykirch welcome to the Thread!! (would you like your dates posted on the list in post 2??

----------------------------------------------------------

Magic has asked me to spill about November (which I cleverly evaded)... good news, school calender is out and Nov 4/5 are in service days for Sam!! Now to bring up the subject of a WDW trip to DH... trying to make the last MNSSHP.... and to meet up with our Sheila and Bob, Piglets Mommy, GG, and perhaps with our floridians.. Magic, Melissa, and Deena!! A party!!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!

Last edited by Janet B; 03-26-2013 at 10:55 AM.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:17 AM   #770
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post

Miss, that quite a fall my friend ...happy that you have retained your great looks (and didn't chip any teeth). Your DH cracks me up!! btw, I'm as graceful as you... here's a recent one.. on the January trip, was trying on a shirt in the Canadian shop (over my shirt), it was a little tight so when I took it off, it all came off!! was standing in the middle of the shop minus my OWN shirt..(luckily I had on a cammie)& Linda and I looked at each other and it hit me after a few seconds that I wasnt in a dressing room... Boy I was really fumbling to get my shirt back on....even though it was embarrassing it was so funny as heck too!!

Oh my....Janet you just gave me my belly laugh for the day!! thanks for sharing that one!
Old 03-26-2013, 12:58 PM   #771
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Oh my....Janet you just gave me my belly laugh for the day!! thanks for sharing that one!
Jen, you're welcome! you can always count on me for some comic relief!!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 03-26-2013, 01:26 PM   #772
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Been crunching numbers using the supposed discount coming out April 2nd...taking into consideration a trip to Sea World too, I think I actually may have saved us money in the long run since we could stay offsite 2 nights at the beginning and go to Sea World. Then 5 nights at Disney. AND if I can talk DH into it...possibly stay those 5 nights at the Poly!!! All for under $4500!
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 03-26-2013, 01:33 PM   #773
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Been crunching numbers using the supposed discount coming out April 2nd...taking into consideration a trip to Sea World too, I think I actually may have saved us money in the long run since we could stay offsite 2 nights at the beginning and go to Sea World. Then 5 nights at Disney. AND if I can talk DH into it...possibly stay those 5 nights at the Poly!!! All for under $4500!
Wow sounds great!! BTW How is the new job going??
Old 03-26-2013, 01:38 PM   #774
pas130
DIS Veteran

Omg Janet...rotfl!!! I wanted to pop in and say hello to all. Wrote a paper which hopefully I get at least a B.

Next week I'll be at ahem...universal but in less than 150 days ill be at the grand!! Hugs to all. Getting DS4 from preschool

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 03-26-2013, 01:40 PM   #775
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Omg Janet...rotfl!!! I wanted to pop in and say hello to all. Wrote a paper which hopefully I get at least a B.

Next week I'll be at ahem...universal but in less than 150 days ill be at the grand!! Hugs to all. Getting DS4 from preschool
Jeanette: Please tell me how you have managed to lose 21 lbs!! That is amazing!!

Good luck on your paper...you work so hard.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:47 PM   #776
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Wow sounds great!! BTW How is the new job going??
Thanks for asking. :-) It's going well. Only had a week and now I'm on Spring Break (of course my kids both had a snow day yesterday). Makes since here in IL I guess. Thinking if I don't find anything else that I may just sub next year as well. If I register with multiple districts I could have a full time job practically (less money yes, but less responsibility too).

If we go with the proposed plan, the only drawback is less days in the parks and no real resort days...but if we stay at the Poly, it's way more convenient for MK (and Epcot).
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 03-26-2013, 01:49 PM   #777
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Good luck on the paper (grade)!!!
Old 03-26-2013, 01:49 PM   #778
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Jeanette: Please tell me how you have managed to lose 21 lbs!! That is amazing!!

Good luck on your paper...you work so hard.
21 lbs?? Wow! I need to lose more before August! What's your secret? :-)
Old 03-26-2013, 01:50 PM   #779
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Thanks for asking. :-) It's going well. Only had a week and now I'm on Spring Break (of course my kids both had a snow day yesterday). Makes since here in IL I guess. Thinking if I don't find anything else that I may just sub next year as well. If I register with multiple districts I could have a full time job practically (less money yes, but less responsibility too).

If we go with the proposed plan, the only drawback is less days in the parks and no real resort days...but if we stay at the Poly, it's way more convenient for MK (and Epcot).
Love love the Poly. And FWIW it must not be easy being a sub. My DD8 has had a sub for the past two days and I know some in the class are not making it easy for her. I hope High School students are better!
Old 03-26-2013, 02:30 PM   #780
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:

Jeanette Color me green with envy PBH :

I know what my problem is I want to stay too many places

Janet and what a Party it will be

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila

Last edited by sjs314; 03-26-2013 at 02:37 PM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: