Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 03:41 PM   #751
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Hello lovelies!

I keep forgetting that I don't have some of you on Facebook. Hence my temporary absence will now be explained! On the afternoon of my last post -- where I was feeling pretty bad about kiddo's meltdown before school -- I got a call from our credit card company later that morning saying that the account was compromised and we'd have to get new cards. Thankfully, Visa caught it and no charges made it through to the account. The day got even more exciting when I thought it would be a good idea to taste the sidewalk on the way to pick the kiddo up from her after-school activity. Let me just tell you, breaking a fall with your face gives you INSTANT Walking Dead-like make-up; although, I decided against going up to the front doors and scaring the living bejeebus out of the kids. Going tonight to get the stitches out of my chin (I managed to pierce through my lip into my chin with my tooth, but miraculously, no chipped / damaged teeth.) Kiddo joked about seeing my splat -- and bending down to kiss it -- on her way to school for the remainder of last week. Now every time those Life Alert commercials come on, hubs looks at me with a smirk.

Anyway, that was my exciting bit of last week. Now it's Spring Break!

I've been collecting my Disney Gift Certificates from Target, too. 5% off is good stuff!

Still not decided on the APs yet because we've still not go word what will happen at hub's work with regard to furloughs, etc. Still booked at CR- Garden Wing.

Miss you ladies!
Old 03-25-2013, 03:56 PM   #752
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Back at CSR? Lol. We'll see if it sticks this time! :-) aren't you going soon?

AND an August trip? I think I missed some things...

I need to get back to working out so I an lose this weight. I still have like 40 lbs to go to get to where I'd like to be for our August trip...10 lbs a month...possible? Hmm...

Snow day today for both kids. Even daycare was closed today. 17" we got - officially!

Hope everyone has a good Monday!!
Happy Spring Snowshowers....it's looking like our WDW trip might ch-ch-change to Portofino Bay....I am really trying to make hubs happy...he's giving me the Grand after all...I am thinking crowds...express pass..walking to parks...decisions decisions....

Miss EHere's to a better week

Last edited by pas130; 03-25-2013 at 04:22 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-25-2013, 04:01 PM   #753
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Hello lovelies!

I keep forgetting that I don't have some of you on Facebook. Hence my temporary absence will now be explained! On the afternoon of my last post -- where I was feeling pretty bad about kiddo's meltdown before school -- I got a call from our credit card company later that morning saying that the account was compromised and we'd have to get new cards. Thankfully, Visa caught it and no charges made it through to the account. The day got even more exciting when I thought it would be a good idea to taste the sidewalk on the way to pick the kiddo up from her after-school activity. Let me just tell you, breaking a fall with your face gives you INSTANT Walking Dead-like make-up; although, I decided against going up to the front doors and scaring the living bejeebus out of the kids. Going tonight to get the stitches out of my chin (I managed to pierce through my lip into my chin with my tooth, but miraculously, no chipped / damaged teeth.) Kiddo joked about seeing my splat -- and bending down to kiss it -- on her way to school for the remainder of last week. Now every time those Life Alert commercials come on, hubs looks at me with a smirk.

I've been collecting my Disney Gift Certificates from Target, too. 5% off is good stuff!

Still not decided on the APs yet because we've still not go word what will happen at hub's work with regard to furloughs, etc. Still booked at CR- Garden Wing.

Miss you ladies!
Thank you for updating the Facebook-less. So sorry about your fall and compromised card. Seems we've probably all been through both, and neither is desirable. Was there ice? Glad you didn't hurt your typing fingers and are back in business

DH's furlough notice was also postponed 2 weeks so in honor of federal ineptitude, I booked a summer vacation yesterday, but, I already posted about all that so I won't rehash. I hope your DH gets some resolution soon, but if he's under DoD, it will be another 10 days or so.
Old 03-25-2013, 04:02 PM   #754
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Happy Spring Snowshowers....it's looking like our WDW trip might ch-ch-change to Portofino Bay....I am really trying to make hubs happy...he's giving me the Grand after all...I am thinking crowds...express pass..walking to parks...decisions decisions....

Miss EHere's to a better week 6006
Is this next week's trip that's changing?
Old 03-25-2013, 04:24 PM   #755
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Is this next week's trip that's changing?
He had me check availability....of course PBH was the only available with a discount...and of course it was the same price as CSR BC But a happy hubby makes for a good summer trip
Old 03-25-2013, 04:31 PM   #756
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Hello lovelies!

Miss you ladies!

I'm glad you didn't have any damage to your teeth. That could have been a costly fix.

Quote:
Hmmm, I'd check with the bank first.You don't wanna be double charged
That's what I wanted to do, but the DH insisted I call Disney first. The lady I talked to said it showed a $0 balance, but that we hadn't had a payment since the initial $200 deposit, which she thought was odd. In My Disney Experience it still showed that we owed the full $2, 950.40. At least I think that's what she said. I'm not working on a ton of sleep, so I'm easily confused. Anyway, I gave her the cc info. I checked it as soon as I got off the phone, and it has finally been taken out of the account.

Another Disney question, and wondering if I'm being paranoid and just being OCD over picky. When I look at our ADRs in My Disney Experience, it has our old phone number listed. I never put that number into MDE. Every CM I've talked to, I've asked to remove that number and I thought they had all said they would. Well I checked my profile in MDE today and it had that number listed as a work number. Even if I had entered it, I would have put it as a home number, since it was a land-line home number and not a work number. Is there a way I can change that number, or do I have to call and yet again ask a CM to do it for me?

I may take a nap and go in early tomorrow. I finally fell asleep sometime between 4:37 and 5 AM. Then I was up at 7 to get kids ready for school. I couldn't take a nap today because I had to get the oil changed in the minivan and I was meeting a high school bestie for lunch in our hometown (about 45 minutes away). I think I'll lean back and pass out until I have to cook dinner.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 03-25-2013, 05:03 PM   #757
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Thanks ladies.

Pas: Is Portofino your favorite of the 3 there? I need to go check out that board. I'm sure there's a Pros and Cons post every other day comparing those hotels.

Kook: So, is there a change in the works already?! DoE for my hubs. They don't seem to know what's going on; there was supposed to be some word at the end of the month but nothing yet. (My hand was in a splint for the first day and a half until I got tired of it and ripped it off. Typing -- and moving the ol' digits -- were more therapeutic than the splint itself. I wish I could say there was ice; they asked me if I had been drinking. I was going at slightly-less than a jog... so fast enough to do some damage. )

Wookie: Is it just that it hasn't posted to Disney yet? Our September vacation from two years ago, I had called to pay off the remainder and it took about 4-5 days to show it posting to my credit card.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:21 PM   #758
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

So DH got numbers for raise and bonus today...got me thinking and now I'm wondering if we should see about trying CR...? I know it'd be a splurge, but it's so convenient! (and cheaper than the Poly)

Uh oh...change in the works?
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 03-25-2013, 06:22 PM   #759
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So DH got numbers for raise and bonus today...got me thinking and now I'm wondering if we should see about trying CR...? I know it'd be a splurge, but it's so convenient! (and cheaper than the Poly)

Uh oh...change in the works?
Old 03-25-2013, 06:45 PM   #760
peteykirch
Mouseketeer

All I know is my trip can't come fast enough.

216 Days Away
153 Days of Work until vacation
Old 03-25-2013, 08:42 PM   #761
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hello lovelies!

Miss you ladies!
Aw Miss! I am so sorry! Your poor little chinny chin chin! That must have been upsetting for MissM too. Hugs!

I was beginning to wonder where you were.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:44 PM   #762
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
He had me check availability....of course PBH was the only available with a discount...and of course it was the same price as CSR BC But a happy hubby makes for a good summer trip
I totally understand...and I'm sure you two will have a blast no matter where you end up! And like you said you will be at WDW in August....
Old 03-25-2013, 09:26 PM   #763
babyberger
DIS Veteran

I'm back!

Hello RC family! I am sorry I have been MIA for so long! School, website, dr's appts, etc, didn't allow for any DIS time But it is spring break, my website is mostly done, no dr's appts, tax stuff ready for the acct, and NO STEVEN SCHOOL STRESS

So catch me up....

Jeanette - so CSR for upcoming trip??? What about the summer trip, where are booked for that as of today I know you are busy with school, work, family, etc. I hope you are taking care of yourself and trying to squeeze some rest in there

KOOK - are you still at CR or did that change today? You know how I feel about CR

Wookie - I know there was something about the tax return...has it come through yet? Are you set for San Antonio and WDW? Oh and where did you end up for WDW? I swear my brain is mush lately

Miss - hope your chin is healing up and the rest of your body isn't too sore. Enjoy a quiet spring break with Miss M, she is such a cutie

Jen - what is the latest with you? Are all your plans still the same? What about your summer trip, are you still going camping, I am thinking that changed???

Marie - hope you get to your dad soon, I know it has been a long trip. Did you make the next ferry? Sending you lots of and positive thoughts.

Candace - you must be counting down excitedly

Janet - thinking of you always Do you have any WDW plans, I feel like I may have missed that.

Lacey - hope all is well with you!

Magic - I think I read quickly you are going to Poly???

Linda - when is your next vaca? You are always going somewhere

Dani - what ended up happening with your trips? Danimal, your mom, etc? Are you still doing two trips? I am so lost

Deena - love seeing all your check-ins at WDW! So jealous!!!

Shelia, Ginny, koh and everyone else I am missing -

I promise to stay caught up now

Everyone!!
Melissa

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 03-25-2013, 09:57 PM   #764
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Just popping in to ask you to check out my PTR....DH isn't the only crafty one!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 03-25-2013, 10:42 PM   #765
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Thank you. I can't wait to go!! When it didn't look like the money would be here in time for us to go this next weekend, I asked the DH if he just wanted to move it to the beginning of June. Even after the money got here, I asked if he wanted to do that so it would be warm enough to go to the waterpark in Sea World. He didn't want to do that. He needs to get away from his parents for a few days. Living with them is hard enough on me, but he does that plus work for them. Plus he felt like that would put it too close to our September trip and he wanted to space the two trips out a bit. Which reminds me, I don't think we've told the inlaws that he needs the time off in September and the trip is 100% paid off.
I thought of you last night!!! We were watching a special about water parks and one was in San Antonio! I wonder if it was the one you were going to go to.

Quote:
I'm at CSR Business Class...again

I don't know how you do the TA thing sis...especially with people who are undecided

Yay for67 days I DID look at the Grand..but we are going in August I can't do that to hubs
It's still much more enjoyable than my day job!

So proud of you with the healthy habits. I need to get back into mine.

Quote:
Back at CSR? Lol. We'll see if it sticks this time! :-) aren't you going soon?

AND an August trip? I think I missed some things...

I need to get back to working out so I an lose this weight. I still have like 40 lbs to go to get to where I'd like to be for our August trip...10 lbs a month...possible? Hmm...

Snow day today for both kids. Even daycare was closed today. 17" we got - officially!

Hope everyone has a good Monday!!
I'm so with you on the weight loss. I need to get back on track!

Quote:
Hello lovelies!

Miss you ladies!
OMG you poor thing!

I am loving my 5% at Target!!! I've been stocking up every time I go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
I'm back!

Hello RC family! I am sorry I have been MIA for so long! School, website, dr's appts, etc, didn't allow for any DIS time But it is spring break, my website is mostly done, no dr's appts, tax stuff ready for the acct, and NO STEVEN SCHOOL STRESS

Dani - what ended up happening with your trips? Danimal, your mom, etc? Are you still doing two trips? I am so lost

Everyone!!
Melissa
Still two trips. We are 67 days out from out May/June trip, and it can't come soon enough. I'm under copious amounts of stress at work and at home.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: