Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 10:19 PM   #61
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Sue....Have you ever stayed at POP or FQ? I think getting in the night before your GF stay is a great idea to maximize a full day at GF and the parks...my vote is POP (not baised or anything ))... the BB is 25% at values, and 30% at mods, right?) Both resorts are great so you can't go wrong... enjoy!

just saw your post... unfortunately the BB doesn't cover the LM rooms... darn... someday it will!

:
Yup just returned from a 10 night stay at FQ. And we've had 3 stays at Por. But not a Royal Room We've only stayed at POP 1 night, got in at midnight, and next morning transferred to WL, so really didn't see much of the resort.
Too bad about AoA LM room! We went over one day to look around. That section wasn't finished when we visited. But we had lunch there and looked around. Very cute!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Old 03-01-2013, 12:27 AM   #62
MAGIC...itis!
Closer to Fulfilling My Quest to Stay at Every Resort...So far... AKL, ASmo, ASmu, ASsp, BC.3, BLT, BWI.2, CBR, CR.4, CSR.2, GF, OKW, POFQ, POL.3, POP.2, POR.9, WL, YC.2

Location: RC Land ________________________ My banana won't dance... might this be a sign?

Hi RCers: I've missed you all. I do try to keep up. Our anniversary/DH bday trip has arrived today even though my ticker was a little off. CL Dlxe here we come. We are so pysched that the high temps for this weekend will only be 60 at WDW... that is sooooo awesome for these Floridians! Sweatshirts, Parks, mini golf, monorails, and tasty ADRs (Raglan Road, Crystal Palace and Shula's) will be our plans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Magic: Will you be regaling us with pics of the Deluxe room? (To make me wish I had booked that instead of just the regular garden view? ) Can't wait to hear how you like it. Have you stayed in the wing before? Coming up very soon... :hyper
Miss, this is my first time. I am excited. I've waited so long to stay Garden Wing. I always caved and changed last minute either to another dlxe or to the Tower. I have my newfangled camcorder/camera dealio ready, so I will try hard to get some good pics of the Dlxe for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
I will not be the hostess for the next thread. I just noticed we are in the 220s . I was happy to take over for stepdisney However, with classes looming in the very near future.... I will need to spend less time on the Dis I have ideas of who should continue with our next saga. Volunteers...... Janet
Pas, I'm saddened to hear this news. But I know it is for the greater good. THANK YOU for your time you invested for all of us, and for taking the lead when stepdisney needed to refocus her energies, and for entertaining us all with your epic RCs.

Oh and um... JanetB... pixie dust for you as top banana of this wonderful & wacky bunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
My friends ... A quick stop in to let you know my world came to a halt today. My husband is a Sheriff, and today the unthinkable happened when he was transporting prisoners to court...
Marie
Marie, your family has been in my thought and prayers continuously. Be well.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-01-2013, 04:41 AM   #63
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Happy Friday and Happy March!

Since we've already had one great pasrific change with Jeanette moving over to a CSR BC room after a long WDTC hold, but with probably great WDW music... (DO NOT CHANGE THIS - we all want to hear your impressions), I thought we needed a cancelation!

I made the decision yesterday to cancel spring break later today and it's all good (as Jeanette famously proclaims). It wasn't a monetary decision so I don't want anyone to feel sorry for us - that's not my intention. The decision was based primarily on too much stress from sequestration looming. We would have been returning home one day before the furloughing is tentatively due to start. There's no way that wouldn't have been on our minds during vacation. When I told DD and DH at dinner, DH smiled and was actually relieved and happy and DD said, "I'm fine with that, I know we'll be going back." I knew she didn't want to miss 2 days of school so she was relieved, too.

I love a bargain, so I have to admit that the additional overcharge at spring break does bother me. The rooms end up about 40% higher during holidays and that never settles well with me. We also can't stay as long at spring break, so perhaps our annual summer trip will work perfectly and hopefully there will be less uncertainty in the US then - or maybe a lot more! I was excited about the FWC stay and using those APs up to the last possible day, but we did get over 30 days of use out of them and this change of plans may mean that great BLT one bedroom will be available then

I'll be back later to multi-quote, but I hope Marie's DH is recovering well and I hope that Linda/MAGIC will report back to us (and the CR thread) about her anniversary trip.

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 03-01-2013 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Not Sheila's DH, but Marie's!
Old 03-01-2013, 05:31 AM   #64
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

I can now officially say...

I am going to Disney next month!!!

Happy March everyone!!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 03-01-2013, 06:22 AM   #65
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

KOok: This RCer may be making a cancellation too, the cruise. It just seems like a big chunk of change for only three night. Don't cringe, but after transportation is added, and not even adding in excursions or onboard drinks....it will be around $3100. The financially responsible me says it will be better to save up and possibly do a longer cruise another year to get more value out of it. We will just be unpacking, and then having to pack up.

Don't know.

Ugh...even though we committed to POR / cruise for November, I still feel like this may be the right thing to do. But we will still be at Disney!! I feel like I need to back away from the Dis to sort this all out!!

Has anyone had any updates from Marie at all? Facebook?

Candace:
Old 03-01-2013, 06:35 AM   #66
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
KOok: This RCer may be making a cancellation too, the cruise. It just seems like a big chunk of change for only three night. Don't cringe, but after transportation is added, and not even adding in excursions or onboard drinks....it will be around $3100. The financially responsible me says it will be better to save up and possibly do a longer cruise another year to get more value out of it. We will just be unpacking, and then having to pack up.

Don't know.

Ugh...even though we committed to POR / cruise for November, I still feel like this may be the right thing to do. But we will still be at Disney!! I feel like I need to back away from the Dis to sort this all out!!

Has anyone had any updates from Marie at all? Facebook?

Candace:
The cruises are soooooo expensive! When I priced out one for Feb 2014 (3 nights) it was $2700!

We have pretty much decided it will probably be a straight Disney trip for Feb....or, possibly add in 3 days on the dark side....

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 03-01-2013, 08:31 AM   #67
Janet B
DIS Veteran

A Belated Happy Birthday to Dani and to Daniel!!

Our precious Lilyanna is next

Magic, have a fantastic time!! Do hope DH enjoys his birthday experience...do they videotape these things at all?? (all life insurance policies are up to date, correct?? Enjoy CR!!

and Magic... luckily our Pas did something she rarely does... changed her mind... (influenced in part by my reasoning why she should stay not abdicate) ... Pas is the true RC Queen royally suited to preside over her wacky subjects...so I am very happy to be her "lady in waiting"

Kook, sorry about spring break, but your reasoning for cancelling seem to be a sound decision...and you know those cabins are not going anywhere... Sooo, any tentative dates for summer??

Jen, yikes it does seem a pricey tab for 3 nights...perhaps some of those $$ can be earmarked for land Disney dollars...

Marie, keeping DH in our prayers...

Candance,

Pas, so happy that our HRH is feeling better

Sue, any decisons??? Will it be the King or those beignets???

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 03-01-2013, 08:39 AM   #68
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post

Hugs and love to all, old and new RC friends!

Having a minor set back from my surgery months ago and of course can't get into the surgeon until late next week of course they'll get me right in if it becomes an emergent situation. But not going to let a little pain and discomfort slow me down, going out with hubby and our friends tomorrow night for a long overdue evening out!

Melissa

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Sorry Melissa, hope you just need to try to take it easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Okay guys, so now I have my CLIA card and I'm pricing things out. Poly CL is $2057 and POR is only $740....and CR BLV is $1690! What to do, guys?!
Would you consider Poly without KKC sis easier on the funds....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2vacation View Post
Hi everybody! Glad to see everyone is still changing away!

We cancelled our fall trip to WL thinking we'd take an adults only trip this pasat month. We were all sick for six weeks (flu, stomach bugs, admitted to the hospital...drama!!) so we didn't visit in February. Now we're back on for October! Booked Beach Club Villas only to read icky reviews about the rooms, so immediately cancelled and rebooked at the Poly for 10/20-10/27.
Everyone is better I hope Poly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Yup just returned from a 10 night stay at FQ. And we've had 3 stays at Por. But not a Royal Room We've only stayed at POP 1 night, got in at midnight, and next morning transferred to WL, so really didn't see much of the resort.
Too bad about AoA LM room! We went over one day to look around. That section wasn't finished when we visited. But we had lunch there and looked around. Very cute!
I you stay at Pop...you're super close to check out both Pop ana AoA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis! View Post
Our anniversary/DH bday trip has arrived today even though my ticker was a little off. CL Dlxe here we come. We are so pysched that the high temps for this weekend will only be 60 at WDW... that is sooooo awesome for these Floridians!

Pas, I'm saddened to hear this news. But I know it is for the greater good. THANK YOU for your time you invested for all of us, and for taking the lead when stepdisney needed to refocus her energies, and for entertaining us all with your epic RCs.
Thank you!!! Janet will need lots of Diet Coke to keep up with the trips and changes

Enjoy your weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Since we've already had one great pasrific change with Jeanette moving over to a CSR BC room after a long WDTC hold, but with probably great WDW music... (DO NOT CHANGE THIS - we all want to hear your impressions), I thought we needed a cancelation!
I made the decision yesterday to cancel spring break later today and it's all good (as Jeanette famously proclaims). It wasn't a monetary decision so I don't want anyone to feel sorry for us - that's not my intention. The decision was based primarily on too much stress from sequestration looming. We would have been returning home one day before the furloughing is tentatively due to start. There's no way that wouldn't have been on our minds during vacation. When I told DD and DH at dinner, DH smiled and was actually relieved and happy and DD said, "I'm fine with that, I know we'll be going back." I knew she didn't want to miss 2 days of school so she was relieved, too.

I love a bargain, so I have to admit that the additional overcharge at spring break does bother me. The rooms end up about 40% higher during holidays and that never settles well with me. We also can't stay as long at spring break, so perhaps our annual summer trip will work perfectly and hopefully there will be less uncertainty in the US then - or maybe a lot more! I was excited about the FWC stay and using those APs up to the last possible day, but we did get over 30 days of use out of them and this change of plans may mean that great BLT one bedroom will be available then

Not a cancellation...postponement and this means August perhaps... You usually go way earlier than me but heck it IS 5 months away!!! CSR is the closest I'll get to CL. Plus it's a brand new place for us so how cool is that

Quote:
KOok: This RCer may be making a cancellation too, Ugh...even though we committed to POR / cruise for November, I still feel like this may be the right thing to do. But we will still be at Disney!! I feel like I need to back away from the Dis to sort this all out!!
Jen, part of my not being able to catch up here is my heart wasn't in it. I want to go to WDW, heck I want to stay at Poly...my wallet says not now...but all in all, trip or no trip, my family and all their love and support is here.....2013 is turning to be a very uncertain year for us as well..one awesome RC quality is to modify plans...in all aspects of life. We're here for you Jen...as often as you need us
Old 03-01-2013, 08:40 AM   #69
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglets Mommy View Post
Thanks! I make lots of mental changes! (and not all of them relate to Disney)

I am afraid to Jinx myself and am waiting on the actual closing of the DVC contract. Everything was "approved" on Friday, but I am waiting for the letter, as well as for the official closing (should be by March 8, but we were told we were approved when we signed the papers on the ship, so....)

I have been following Kook's Boardwalk thread, but again, don't want to post and jinx myself.
Yay for closing on DVC!!!! I loved DVC...and you can ch-ch-change those reservations too

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaprincess View Post
Nothing gets the heart pumping like changing resorts. For our trip in July I changed our resort 5 times and think I am done but I might get that itch! We are doing a split stay between BWV and AKV Jambo House. BLT is beckoning but the kids will kill me if I cancel boardwalk. Ugh that darn online booking...
BLT looks amazing!! The location of BWI is great, but I have stayed Kidani and that was wonderful..with an excellent pool at Kidani and Jambo.. the kids wouldn't want a wak to the castle??

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
So I am thinking of scaling back to 5 nights post-cruise, and doing Poly CL. Old habits die hard, ya know.
Sis, I was waiting for this....

Quote:
Ugh....taxes done for both of us now. Now we are paying.
Jen, I completely understand

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Pas-Sounds like a very fun trip! Looking forward to hearing what you think of CSR business class.
I just paid it off!!! I went to work last night...my friend who was just at WDW for the 1/2 marathon was like "Oh you like Coronado?" Didn't get the itch to switch...I just said I am sure it's a whole different feel when there are not hundreds of RunDisney folks at activities there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Another delightful RC thread! We have Piglets Mommy, now we need to get Karin over here as well!
Yes!!! Karin MUST join the party!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglets Mommy View Post
The Disney website will be come the death of me. i start looking at stuff just because, then I start doing "Disney Math" and the next thing yu know, there is a trip booked.
Same here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
At work right now, but planning on updating the PTR tonight...got some good stuff going on! We are almost there!!! 49 days!!!
Awesome Candace!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
The New Home looks Great Jeanette&Janet

Jeanette CSR Business King sounds perfect. I was reading up it the other day
Thanks Sheila! I told DH Unlimited beer in the evenings and upgraded bedding...he was SOLD!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Any ideas when late summer discounts will come out? (Early August trip)

I just like seeing the fact that I'm not the only crazy RCer around when it comes to Disney!
Hoping end of March! Even though this will make me want to book wdw shhh don't tell hubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Jeanette: CSR business class sounds very intawestink. Look forward to your review... that's if it doesn't change 10 times between now and then.
Hoping the next month flies by Waiting for janet's trip list so I can see where we all are staying...or where we are booked for now

Quote:
sorry not Pas, but since I know (and must get post #2 up and running).. it is 4/3-4/5 .... a whirlwind trip...
Can't wait!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Still no tax return....stupid slow moving IRS.
It'll be any day now hopefully...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
I am glad you came over for now you are one of the old timers as well.
I am glad too you brought Janet to us!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
I'm just gonna go with a big HELLLLLOOOOO to all my RC friends to let you know I'm here and try again tomorrow.
HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO iheart
Old 03-01-2013, 08:44 AM   #70
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Our precious Lilyanna is next

and Magic... luckily our Pas did something she rarely does... changed her mind... (influenced in part by my reasoning why she should stay not abdicate) ... Pas is the true RC Queen royally suited to preside over her wacky subjects...so I am very happy to be her "lady in waiting"

Pas, so happy that our HRH is feeling better
HRH worried me yesterday...poor baby.She is back to herself 100%

And you have all made me happy to continue on...and I cannot do it without help...

So I told the hospital I need 2 days off...they said we will see...I replied, uh no, I will not be here...wonder if I'll still have a job...me thinks yes
Old 03-01-2013, 08:48 AM   #71
mommyarewegoingback
DIS Veteran

I need certify that I am a Resort Changer, so help me.

I want to introduce myself. I love all things Disney! Me and my family can't get enough of disney. My family just wants to be there. They actually don't care where, as long as we're there. So that's good, because that gives me flexibility, but bad, because it allows me to change.

My typical disney reservations go like this. We decide before we go on our next trip when we want to return, so that if there is a good BB, we can book. If there isn't then i usually book at regular rates a week or two when we get back at the least amount on-site hotel. And then if there is a discount, I change it and have it applied or change it to upgrade room and have it applied. If there is Free Dining, I change it again. And finally if there is an AP rate I change it again...

So we just bought DVC and booked our trips for May and November using points, but then when we were looking for somewhere to go for Spring Break about 2 months ago, we ended at you guessed it, disney. We booked POR at the rack, then upgraded to POR Royal Room, then added the spring discount, then added the AP discount. Now we are a month away and I'm trying to decided if we sound rent points and stay at AKL. IT'S A DISEASE! Help me!

Thanks for reading

-Virginia
WDW 4/97, 4/99, 5/00, 10/02, 2/03, 5/03, 10/03, 12/04, 1/05, 4/05, 7/05, 10/05, 5/06, 7/06, 11/06, 4/07, 11/07, 12/08, 7/09, 11/09 (& DCL Magic), 5/10, 8/10, 12/10, 5/11 (& DCL Dream), 12/11, 5/12, 8/12, 11/12, 4/13, 5/13, 11/13, 4/14, 7/14, 5/14, 12/14
Old 03-01-2013, 09:04 AM   #72
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyarewegoingback View Post
I need certify that I am a Resort Changer, so help me.

I want to introduce myself. I love all things Disney! Me and my family can't get enough of disney. My family just wants to be there. They actually don't care where, as long as we're there. So that's good, because that gives me flexibility, but bad, because it allows me to change.

My typical disney reservations go like this. We decide before we go on our next trip when we want to return, so that if there is a good BB, we can book. If there isn't then i usually book at regular rates a week or two when we get back at the least amount on-site hotel. And then if there is a discount, I change it and have it applied or change it to upgrade room and have it applied. If there is Free Dining, I change it again. And finally if there is an AP rate I change it again...

So we just bought DVC and booked our trips for May and November using points, but then when we were looking for somewhere to go for Spring Break about 2 months ago, we ended at you guessed it, disney. We booked POR at the rack, then upgraded to POR Royal Room, then added the spring discount, then added the AP discount. Now we are a month away and I'm trying to decided if we sound rent points and stay at AKL. IT'S A DISEASE! Help me!

Thanks for reading

-Virginia
Virginia!! I am envious your family loves WDW as much as you do!! That is awesome!! And another new DVC owner I think POR RR is great for now...as soon enough you'll be DVCing it! Janet and GrumpyGrandma LOVED POR, and Miss E and Deena ar RR fans as well. Either way you can't go wrong...IMO! Happy you joined us!!
Old 03-01-2013, 09:08 AM   #73
mommyarewegoingback
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Virginia!! I am envious your family loves WDW as much as you do!! That is awesome!! And another new DVC owner I think POR RR is great for now...as soon enough you'll be DVCing it! Janet and GrumpyGrandma LOVED POR, and Miss E and Deena ar RR fans as well. Either way you can't go wrong...IMO! Happy you joined us!!
Thanks for the welcome. We love RR, we stayed last May when they first opened. But then I was looking at the "what is your 2013 trip costing you" thread. And for the same amount as the POR RR, we could get a studio at AKL renting points! hmm...

-Virginia
WDW 4/97, 4/99, 5/00, 10/02, 2/03, 5/03, 10/03, 12/04, 1/05, 4/05, 7/05, 10/05, 5/06, 7/06, 11/06, 4/07, 11/07, 12/08, 7/09, 11/09 (& DCL Magic), 5/10, 8/10, 12/10, 5/11 (& DCL Dream), 12/11, 5/12, 8/12, 11/12, 4/13, 5/13, 11/13, 4/14, 7/14, 5/14, 12/14
Old 03-01-2013, 09:14 AM   #74
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyarewegoingback View Post
Thanks for the welcome. We love RR, we stayed last May when they first opened. But then I was looking at the "what is your 2013 trip costing you" thread. And for the same amount as the POR RR, we could get a studio at AKL renting points! hmm...

-Virginia
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I see this is tough...the savannahs are so lovely. It's hard to even want to leave the resort when you stay at AKL But then...resort changers fear...no changing when you rent points
Old 03-01-2013, 09:18 AM   #75
MAGIC...itis!
Closer to Fulfilling My Quest to Stay at Every Resort...So far... AKL, ASmo, ASmu, ASsp, BC.3, BLT, BWI.2, CBR, CR.4, CSR.2, GF, OKW, POFQ, POL.3, POP.2, POR.9, WL, YC.2

Location: RC Land ________________________ My banana won't dance... might this be a sign?

JanetB: I actually paid up the insurance on Wednesday!!!!! Too funny!!!

WDWKOOK: Postponements can be the BEST sort of relaxation sometimes. Looking forward to your next great plan, although I admit I was so hoping for a glowing FTW review so I could reserve mine with ease. I think you have plenty of Dlxe pic, right? Do you need any others?

JENNYJINX: I agree. Maybe longer will make you feel you get more bang for the buck. I just can't justify the cruise cost myself.

MM:

sjs314: Pull the Poly trigger!!!!! You're so close. I hope Bob is feeling better.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: