Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 04:31 PM   #691
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Well the good news is, the IRS finally sent the refund. The bad news it, H&R Block said it could take up to 4 more days for my bank to process it. Right now it's not even showing up on my online account as pending, which worries me. Hopefully, it won't take that long.

Since I have school again tonight, I think I'm going to treat myself to half a Thai Chopped Chicken salad and half a Big Kid Grilled Cheese.

ETA.....
I called the bank, both the branch I use and the 800 number, and they don't know the pending deposit in their bank either. Maybe it's because it was just done sometime in the late night hours. I double checked to make sure H&R Block entered my correct information, and they did. I am just so upset right now. I know I need to go to school, but I don't think I can make it through class. I'm already on the verge of tears. If we don't get this money, no San Antonio and there is no way WDW is gonna happen.
You must be so frustrated. I know I would be.
Hopefully the money is in your account tomorrow.

so, my trip is 4 weeks from today!!!! I am soooo excited!

I actually knocked out another one of those tests for work, which means another raise bump, and we are supposed to be hearing what our merit raises are either tomorrow or Monday....

DH might actually escape sequestration...his job is likely classified as "essential personnel" whereas he is the Airfield Manager at the base, but we also found out that he gets an automatic step raise on 3/24 which is pretty significant and essentially cancels out the loss from potential furlough if it happens but is a great bump if it doesn't. So we shall see, but it appears that even if sequestration happens, between DH raise and my raises, we should still end up making more than we are now...fingers crossed....

Hope everyone is doing well!!!! 4 more weeks till YC!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 03-21-2013, 04:35 PM   #692
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Sorry I am still MIA, crazy chaotic life right now. Next week kids are on break and I will have more time to catch up!

Hope everyone is well!!! Miss you all!!

Melissa

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-21-2013, 05:29 PM   #693
MAGIC...itis!
Closer to Fulfilling My Quest to Stay at Every Resort...So far... AKL, ASmo, ASmu, ASsp, BC.3, BLT, BWI.2, CBR, CR.4, CSR.2, GF, OKW, POFQ, POL.3, POP.2, POR.9, WL, YC.2

Location: RC Land ________________________ My banana won't dance... might this be a sign?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
When bad news comes, sometimes it seems like it rains-- last night I found out my Dad is in the hospital with a foot infection. They need to either do a bypass through his groin for blocked arteries or else if they can't get the circulation and infection under control, he may need to have his leg amputated. the thing is the drs are trying to figure out what procedure will be the lesser of evils -- none are a good choice really, as they don't know if he can survive the procedures. I should know in a day or two what course of action they will take. Might have to purchase a plane ticket home depending on outcomes. It's been an overwhelming month! I'm drained
Marie
Prayers for your father, Marie. Please know I am here for you in such a tough time. And sending continued positive thoughts for your husband, too. Please keep us posted when you get the time.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:48 PM   #694
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
I am just beyond frustrated!! I would settle for the refund showing as pending in our account. I hate this not knowing. Plus, it's not like I can call the IRS and ask them about it. They won't answer any questions about my refund until 3/25.

I called the DH all panicked about it, and he told me to chill out and not worry and stress about it. I was like, "ummm, have you ever met me? This is something that can mess up my WDW trip, of course I'm going to worry and stress about it." He says that no matter what we will go. Then he said the one thing that made me lose it and had the tears flowing. He said, "well go even if we have to stay off site." I lost it completely. I have always had to compromise on our trips. If I wanted the dining plan, we had to go with a cheaper resort. If I went with the resort I wanted, no dining plan. This was going to be the first trip where I would have both.

Quote:

Sweet!! Hopefully the weeks will fly by.

Quote:
I actually knocked out another one of those tests for work, which means another raise bump, and we are supposed to be hearing what our merit raises are either tomorrow or Monday....

DH might actually escape sequestration...his job is likely classified as "essential personnel" whereas he is the Airfield Manager at the base, but we also found out that he gets an automatic step raise on 3/24 which is pretty significant and essentially cancels out the loss from potential furlough if it happens but is a great bump if it doesn't. So we shall see, but it appears that even if sequestration happens, between DH raise and my raises, we should still end up making more than we are now...fingers crossed....

That's great news.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 03-21-2013, 07:03 PM   #695
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Lots of great news for you!!!
Old 03-21-2013, 07:06 PM   #696
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well the good news is, the IRS finally sent the refund. The bad news it, H&R Block said it could take up to 4 more days for my bank to process it. Right now it's not even showing up on my online account as pending, which worries me. Hopefully, it won't take that long.

Since I have school again tonight, I think I'm going to treat myself to half a Thai Chopped Chicken salad and half a Big Kid Grilled Cheese.

ETA.....
I called the bank, both the branch I use and the 800 number, and they don't know the pending deposit in their bank either. Maybe it's because it was just done sometime in the late night hours. I double checked to make sure H&R Block entered my correct information, and they did. I am just so upset right now. I know I need to go to school, but I don't think I can make it through class. I'm already on the verge of tears. If we don't get this money, no San Antonio and there is no way WDW is gonna happen.
I know this is easier said than done but try to relax. I'm sure the money will be there soon .... government and banks just seem to move so SLOW sometimes. Unless of course they want OUR money ....
Old 03-21-2013, 07:43 PM   #697
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

thanks to each and every one of you for your continued love, prayers and support! It means the world to us.

25 cm of snow , creeping up to 30 cm fell today! (Near Edmonton Alberta, Canada) such mayhem on the roads today! Thankful we are home safe and sound from our errands, but gee I would love to see the end of snow and cold! Thinking about Disney every day, can't wait to get back to my happy place and hopefully bright blue skies in California next Feb! I could use some Disney happiness 's to you all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
So sorry to hear of more troubles for you. Continued thoughts and prayers, Marie...
Quote:
Hugs, Marie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Marie Will kept your Dad in my prayers.(((hug)))
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Marie, Your family and you continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Marie Very sorry to learn of your Dad's medical issues; will continue to keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.
Quote:

I am so sorry to hear about your father. We'll add him to our prayers as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Marie: Your family is going through a lot right now...count me in too for sending hugs and many good thoughts your way. Stay strong....we are here for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Well said and I'm here for you too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Me too Marie prayers for your father and continued prayers for your hubs
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis! View Post
Prayers for your father, Marie. Please know I am here for you in such a tough time. And sending continued positive thoughts for your husband, too. Please keep us posted when you get the time.

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
Old 03-21-2013, 09:24 PM   #698
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Marie, Glad you were able to stop by! Great to hear from you, good thoughts continue to come your way. And yes, it's time for the snow to go away, we want to see some spring flowers!

Melissa-Good to hear from you! We'll be here when things settle down.

MM-That would be wonderful if the whole sequester mess doesn't affect you.

Wookie-It has to be so hard to be patient, especially when there is nothing you can do. Fingers and toes crossed you get your refund, soon! Heck, a little pixie dust can't hurt. Lets give that a try.

Breaking news today: It sounds like the furlough notices are delayed two weeks. That's good news. Maybe they will use this time to come up with a well reasoned plan. A girl can hope!

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
Old 03-22-2013, 04:31 AM   #699
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:

Breaking news today: It sounds like the furlough notices are delayed two weeks. That's good news. Maybe they will use this time to come up with a well reasoned plan. A girl can hope!
Happy Friday to all of you and I hope everyone is well. pasTASTIC was to have dropped a shift, so I hope that means she has a less stressful weekend. Spring Break starts after school today, but I noticed those white flakes in the forecast for Monday

Yes, the House passed the Senate's budget (a whole week early!) and while it doesn't stop furloughs/sequestration, it allows more flexibility in how the DoD implements the forced cuts. They are even suggesting now that some DoD intelligence agencies will be exempt. It's ironic because we were supposed to have left on vacation yesterday and couldn't since it was to be 'furlough announcement day,' etc... which by the afternoon was postponed, as you said, by two weeks
Old 03-22-2013, 06:56 AM   #700
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
It's ironic because we were supposed to have left on vacation yesterday and couldn't since it was to be 'furlough announcement day,' etc... which by the afternoon was postponed, as you said, by two weeks
Kook: UGH!!!! How frustrating!!! I sorry.

Hope those of you starting your spring break have a happy stress free one!! It is possible...I recommend sitting around in PJ's until 11 am if possible!!

Snowed again here last night....YUCK!!!

Have a good day all....
Jen
Old 03-22-2013, 07:11 AM   #701
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
thanks to each and every one of you for your continued love, prayers and support! It means the world to us.

25 cm of snow , creeping up to 30 cm fell today! (Near Edmonton Alberta, Canada) such mayhem on the roads today! Thankful we are home safe and sound from our errands, but gee I would love to see the end of snow and cold! Thinking about Disney every day, can't wait to get back to my happy place and hopefully bright blue skies in California next Feb! I could use some Disney happiness 's to you all!
Marie ugh this winter has been the Pitts! We are hearing talk of a storm next Monday

MM glad you have encouraging news about DH job!

KOOK Sucks having to wait longer to know what is going on.

Good Morning to All of my RC Family. Bright and sunny here with some snow still on the ground but boy is it Cold out today Brrrrrrrrrrrr

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 03-22-2013, 08:03 AM   #702
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
I'm glad y'all made it home ok. Stay safe and warm.

Quote:
Hopefully they can come up with a well reasoned plan. Of course, it would have been better if they had already come up with one.

Quote:
Happy Friday to all of you and I hope everyone is well. pasTASTIC was to have dropped a shift, so I hope that means she has a less stressful weekend. Spring Break starts after school today, but I noticed those white flakes in the forecast for Monday
Happy Friday to you as well. I hope you have a less stressful weekend and Spring Break.

Quote:
Yes, the House passed the Senate's budget (a whole week early!) and while it doesn't stop furloughs/sequestration, it allows more flexibility in how the DoD implements the forced cuts. They are even suggesting now that some DoD intelligence agencies will be exempt. It's ironic because we were supposed to have left on vacation yesterday and couldn't since it was to be 'furlough announcement day,' etc... which by the afternoon was postponed, as you said, by two weeks
I'm sorry y'all weren't able to leave on vacation. Being frustrated by the government.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Good Morning to All of my RC Family. Bright and sunny here with some snow still on the ground but boy is it Cold out today Brrrrrrrrrrrr
Good Friday morning to you as well. Stay warm!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
I know this is easier said than done but try to relax. I'm sure the money will be there soon .... government and banks just seem to move so SLOW sometimes. Unless of course they want OUR money ....
Quote:
Wookie-It has to be so hard to be patient, especially when there is nothing you can do. Fingers and toes crossed you get your refund, soon! Heck, a little pixie dust can't hurt. Lets give that a try.
Thank you both. Yes it is easier said than done to try and relax about something like this. Luckily, I don't have to try to do that anymore. It pains me to say it, but the DH was right. I was getting myself all stressed about nothing. I checked out account this morning when I woke up at 3:30-ish this morning. The money is there now. I guess I just assumed that when they IRS said it had sent the money, it would automatically show up in our checking account. I think to celebrate, we'll take our boys to the dine in theatre and eat some fried pickles. Today ladies, is one Fan-freaking-tastic Friday!!

Luckily, the DH will be in the office today, so we can get on Priceline and get us a San Antonio hotel.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 03-22-2013, 08:37 AM   #703
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Wookie:
Old 03-22-2013, 09:45 AM   #704
Janet B
DIS Veteran

TGIF!!

Wookie, it's partytime!! Yay for getting your tax return!! Hope you score a great rate on the San Antonio hotel!

Sheila keep thinking warm thoughts and the POLY...hopefully the storm will fizzle out....

Marie doesn't the weather gods know it is Spriing? Happy you made it home safely. Continued good thoughts to you and your family....and on a snowy day its good to be California dreamin'....

Pas, Here's to a better weekend for you...

Melissa, you know where to find us when it's a little less hectic.. We miss you too!

Jen, our kids here get 3 days of spring break....they go M-W next week. Wish I could sit around in my jammies on the weekend, but have work to do...ordered carpet yesterday and it is not good being a pack rat... so have to get my butt in gear and do something about it!

Kook, Ginny, MM, Melissa.... keeping good thoughts for you and your familes on the sequester issue..

Kook, any dates and resort possibilities for a summer trip?

MM, congrats on knocking off another test!! Hopefully you will get the news today on your potential raise…. And that is great news for your DH … both on the sequester and the raise. And you have Disney in 18 days!!

waving hello to all the RC peeps!!

----------------------------------------------------

Sam and I will be heading out to the Ed Sheeran/Taylor Swift concert one week from today...meeting up with a friend and her daughters... and hopefully with our Pas in the morning!!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 03-22-2013, 01:32 PM   #705
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

Dixiemom - your princess is tooo cute!

Ginny - love your dining plans. I am so excited for F&W event list to get posted because I might get to participate this year!

Janet - I think you need to go rescue pas from her two classes ;-)

Marie - I was worried about your news after one of your facebook posts! When it rains, it pours! Big hugs my friend!

Wookie - WOOOHOOO! so glad the money came through and now you can finalize your plans!

Mousemommy - your trip is almost here!!! So excited for you guys. Can't wait to hear about how you like SAB. Congrats on the raises for both you and dh!

Melissa - hang in there til Spring Break!!!

Kook - did you reschedule your vacation? Sorry for all the craziness. I hope they figure it out soon!

Deena - Good luck on the job switch!!! I know you will find something so much better! You need to apply at White Basin (is that what its called?)

Hi Jenny! Sheila! Dani Linda Who did I miss?????

I am still behind but I have at least read the current stuff! I will catch up with the rest eventually. Hoping to camp out at home tonight with my feet up and either a cold beer or glass of wine!

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: