Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 02:07 PM   #466
Piglets Mommy
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
to my RC pals.

I've not done Garden Grove yet. We have tried The Fountain, Bluezoo and Fresh Mediterranean Market (for breakfast). There are lots of good options over there.
There are a lot that look good over there, and many of them offer a DVC discount. I'd love to try Bluezoo if Brian and I get an evening alone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Hi Peeps!

who says?? If Kramer can bring a cafe latte in to the movies... we can manage soup & sandwiches... if anything happens we can call on Jackie Chiles to represent us...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Sitting in the airport waiting to board my plane.

So excited about the Diva GC stay. But this does mean my Oct/Nov and Dec trips to WDW will have to be a little more budget friendly.
have a safe flight and a fun trip!
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Just popping in to say I snagged a GV CL room at the Poly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis! View Post
Then we can say Howdy Neighbor!

Yes, but it was a while ago. We got a good coupon on restau****.com back then and decided to try it. I seem to remember Pluto or Goofy or both. Sorry I'm not much help. The food was fine. Lots of it and lots of variety. And yes there are different night with different themes.

Like I said, signing and dancing on the tables with lampshades on head...
Cool! The menu looked good, and I want to try something different. The kids love Chef Mickey's but I want something new. Will have to look for coupons too. that will make it even better!
Old 03-12-2013, 03:48 PM   #467
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglets Mommy View Post
My DH wants to drive the WL/CR/MK boat loop. You can live in the treehouses and we will live at WVL.
I love the possible future plans of Magic...itis and Piglets Mommy!!

Quote:
Moi??? NEVER! I'm too ladylike .. ...maybe Magic is the one not remembering things correctly...
Janet-You are too funny!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Ginny - CONGRATS on your RC I honestly thing that YC/CR is the best split, considering they are my two favs!!!! Such different atmospheres but each have so many great attributes!
Thanks, Melissa! I contacted the IPO's yesterday. That's usually my tell tale sign that I'm done RCing....at least for this trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Is YC Regatta Club? Might be hard to go from CL to non-CL.

Oh no, bad E. Cheese memories are flooding back... When DD was about 4, we attended a birthday and DD was going through an enclosed tube when she looked through the window down at me, but seemed disturbed. She finally came out the tube and announced that there was a 'yucky sock in there.' I'll never forget her face and I think she just wanted to go home after that.
Kook-It is Regatta Club. That is a standing request from dh, unless I just can't make the #'s work. I was moving resorts and dates to make sure we'd get the discount for most of the trip. It's set now. 5 out of 7 nights, Yes! I will hop on the Contemporary thread tomorrow. I have a lot of reading to do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Just wanted to pop in and say hello. I don't know if it's just coincidence, or if the boys shared their germs, but I have the same thing they do. I would miss class tomorrow, but we are still planning on going to San Antonio at the end of the month. Well, that is if we can finally get our tax return, which we still do not have.
Wookie, I hope you get to take your San Antonio trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Melissa: I have been collecting US cash for a while, and am trying to avoid another 2.5% conversion fee on my credit card. I hate that fee. So, thinking if I just brought the cashola, I could avoid it. Don't know how else to do it. Even if I used my Redcard credit card from Target, and bought Disney gift cards in Buffalo before we get to the airport, I am going to pay the darned fee again.
Jen-Were you able to work out the best way to handle this? 2.5% would drive me crazy, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post

Heading out mid morning for a week in So Cal to visit with the kids ... this is the trip I am using my Jet Blue credit on .... so no money out of pocket right now ....
Have a lovely trip, GG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
The Ladies of RC: Ever Planning, Ever Scheming, Always Changing... (even if it's just in our minds.)

Missed you gals today. Will pop on tomorrow when it's not so chaotic around here.
Missout-Love it! You certainly know us well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Miss you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Pas- Miss you, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
I know when I'm close to sticking to a decision when I start defending my resort choice to my DH. (I showed him video and pics of POFQ and some other moderates, including CSR rooms and POR RGRs.) He was agreeing with me for the most part on POFQ, even with the creepy huge sculptures in the food court until he saw the Royal rooms at POR. He said they looked a lot better than the FQ rooms (even with the new linens, etc.). I found myself a bit upset and was like "you don't like the French Quarter?" He responded by saying we could stay at whichever one I thought was best, but he didn't want me to settle for the FQ just because it would be cheaper than the RGRs. But I don't think I'm settling. :-) I think this one may stick! Now we just have to find out what DH's raise/bonus will be so we can book it!! Then I can start on my ADRs before everything is gone! YEAH!! :-)
Koh-POFQ is seriously wonderful! It is our favorite mod. THose goofy mask faces in the food court really aren't scary. They just look strange in photography. And then there are those delicious beignets...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglets Mommy View Post

Speaking of ADR's, Has anyone tried Garden Grove in the Swan for dinner? If you have, which characters are there? Does it change nightly like the menu? I haven't seen much about it over on the restaurant board. I am considering that for Nov. Still have plenty of time to decide before I can make ADR's.
Haven't tried there. Another possibility- Captain's Grill at YC. It's a nice place, good food.

Quote:

Ginny, congrats on your RC to the CR! And planning on a sundown ressie at Ca Grill seems perfect! Looking forward to seeing what the new and improved CG has to offer. [and about our DSs...they sure pull at our heartstrings with their issues, don't they? I have many similar Chucky episodes to write a book.]
Janet-Thanks!! So excited!! About kids-they certainly do. Keeps us moms on our toes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Just popping in to say I snagged a GV CL room at the Poly!
Dani-Yay!

Quote:
Gwynne, we sure liked it. But then we are pretty big CR fans. Not everyone is. The CR CL CMs (that's a mouthful!) are pretty darned good IMO. And the size of the room, that view, and the offerings are all fine. I like the both side Tower rooms just fine. It depends entirely on my budget as to which I'd pick for any given trip. , As mentioned already here, you can't go wrong on room choice with that swell CL lounge view.

Magic
-Thank you very much! I so appreciate all the suggestions and information from RC friends.

Can't wait for Idol tonight! I gotta get busy, get those bratwurst cooking.
Waving hi to all the RC friends!

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-12-2013, 04:34 PM   #468
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Just a quick hello from me! Hope everyone is having a good day!

Melissa

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 03-12-2013, 05:25 PM   #469
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Bummer. Hope you feel better soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Wookie, I hope you get to take your San Antonio trip.
Thank you both. I just made it to class and I think I shouldn't have gotten those chicken nuggets from Chick-fil-A. They are not sitting too well on my tummy. Hopefully, I can make it through class and the hour drive home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Can't wait for Idol tonight! I gotta get busy, get those bratwurst cooking.
Waving hi to all the RC friends!
If I wasn't feeling like something that was ran over by every bus on WDW property, I would so want to be at your house tonight for dinner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Just a quick hello from me! Hope everyone is having a good day!

Melissa

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
I hope you are having one as well.

Sitting besides me in class is a 7 inch Red Velvet Cake Cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory. Since I have been sick and are in class tonight, I didn't get to make my DH anything for a birthday dinner. His birthday is today. WOO HOO!! We both turned 37 today!! I don't admit being a year older from January 10 - March 11, since he teases me about being older than he is doing that time.

Our WDW trip is still the same. Tomorrow morning is ADR day. I can start making them at 7 AM, Mickey time right (which would be 6 AM my time).

On our tax return, I found out there was a hold up. It seems that every return filed before February 26, that had an Education Credit, would ping the IRSs computer system as having missing paperwork, even when all the paperwork was present. The problem was not fixed until March 9. Since we filed ours on February 2, ours was one of the ones with this problem. The IRS didn't start processing ones with Education Credits until February 14th. They are sending the returns to the ones in order of the day they were accepted. Since mine was accepted on day 2 (February 15th), it shouldn't be any longer than 2 weeks (per the lady at H&R Block) for us to get our return. For now, all I can do is check the IRS mobile app for keeping track of your return. It would get us the money in enough time to go to San Antonio (if we get it in the next two weeks) we are just not going to count on making the trip.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 03-12-2013, 05:46 PM   #470
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Awww HAPPY BIRTHDAY WOOKIE!
It was also my Dad's b-day today too, we just finished up Chinese and cake!

On a sad note, it is being reported that the 13 year old that was found unconscious in the Pop Century Pool on Sunday has died. So so sad for that family, I cannot even imagine the pain.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:55 PM   #471
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Awww HAPPY BIRTHDAY WOOKIE!
It was also my Dad's b-day today too, we just finished up Chinese and cake!

On a sad note, it is being reported that the 13 year old that was found unconscious in the Pop Century Pool on Sunday has died. So so sad for that family, I cannot even imagine the pain.
Thank you, but technically mine was on January 10th. I just don't admit being a year old until today (the DH's birthday). Which reminds me, I need to change the DH's age in my siggy

That is so sad. My heart truly goes out to the family.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 03-12-2013, 05:59 PM   #472
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Thank you, but technically mine was on January 10th. I just don't admit being a year old until today (the DH's birthday). Which reminds me, I need to change the DH's age in my siggy

That is so sad. My heart truly goes out to the family.
Oh Gosh....I do need help! Sorry!! And I probably wished you Happy Birthday then too, scary.

I know it is so sad, no matter how it happened, that poor family.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:15 PM   #473
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Just in case my goofy post confused anyone...Idol is tomorrow. I don't know what I was thinking. That's what I get for attempting to multi-task while multi-quoting.

TY Kook
Old 03-12-2013, 06:17 PM   #474
gwynne
DIS Veteran

The story about that 13 year old boy who lost his life is so sad. Prayers for him and his family.

TY Kook
Old 03-12-2013, 09:25 PM   #475
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne
Just in case my goofy post confused anyone...Idol is tomorrow. I don't know what I was thinking. That's what I get for attempting to multi-task while multi-quoting.
I was thinking they were done with the 3 night Idol thing since they're down to 10 now.
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 03-12-2013, 09:26 PM   #476
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne
The story about that 13 year old boy who lost his life is so sad. Prayers for him and his family.
What exactly happened?? And when was this?
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 03-12-2013, 10:06 PM   #477
MAGIC...itis!
Closer to Fulfilling My Quest to Stay at Every Resort...So far... AKL, ASmo, ASmu, ASsp, BC.3, BLT, BWI, CBR, CR.4, CSR.2, GF, OKW, POFQ, POL.3, POP.2, POR.9, WL, YC.2

Location: RC Land ________________________ My banana won't dance... might this be a sign?

letthewookiewin: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to YOU and DH!!!! And Happy ADR Day tomorrow! One of my favorite days of the year!
Old 03-13-2013, 12:40 AM   #478
letthewookiewin

Quote:
I know it is so sad, no matter how it happened, that poor family.

It really is. My prayers really are with that family and anyone who was at the pool at the time. I know it had to have been hard for anyone there at the time.

Quote:
Oh Gosh....I do need help! Sorry!! And I probably wished you Happy Birthday then too, scary.
Quote:
letthewookiewin: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to YOU and DH!!!!
The DH says "thank you". I brought him home a Red Velvet Cake Cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory. He's not happy with me "for getting him sick on his birthday", but the cake did help an iddy biddy bit.

Quote:
And Happy ADR Day tomorrow! One of my favorite days of the year!
I am really excited!! When I tried to get the DH excited about it. He pointed at his runny nose and said, "see this, I am sick."

Anyway, I'm off to bed. If I had a night like the last several, it'll take me an hour to get to sleep (thanks to coughing), I'll sleep for a couple of hours, wake up coughing, be awake 4 - 6 hours, before going off to sleep again. However, tonight if I wake up during the night, I'll stay up so I don't miss making our ADRs first thing. If I'm awake enough after I make them, I'll let y'all know how it went. If not, I'll let ya know after my nap.

Old 03-13-2013, 01:40 AM   #479
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Happy Birthday to you and husband!!! Red Velvet Cheesecake Factory cake would cheer anyone up Wish we had them here!!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Old 03-13-2013, 01:52 AM   #480
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi Sue! I saw your comment about SAB...even though my kiddos can swim, a lifejacket sounds like a good idea if we all venture into the lazy river??
I would, if my kids were young. And I did make them wear PFDs. I still have their little PFDs hanging up in the basement!! Hmmmm, time to do some house clearing!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: