Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 02:47 PM   #391
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Linda (MAGIC), KOOK is in a semi-lurking state and heard the call of the wild wilderness... She has fallen woefully behind here

I understand just what you mean about looking for something a little new and different (and of course, edgier, like Kramer's Mike Douglas set re-vamp) when there isn't much left where WDW resorts is concerned. (Other than the Values, we've only not tried GF and BC, but they're really not on our list and FWC).

Have you thought about a Treehouse for the two of you? I think they sleep like 12 or something big enough for the Jeanette crew. I'm totally digressing here, but I've always wished the Treehouses were over on Discovery Island...

Are you doing a split or all FWC? Who will get the Murphy? Who will get the bunk? I once read a review in someone's blog that he stayed in a FWC alone and tried out each bed during his stay - my dream stay

I actually did think a bit about where we would stay if we go again this summer and I really did picture a FWC thrown in the mix with a BLT chaser. I think you'd love the setting and you could take a carriage ride and rent a golf cart to come back to your cabin inebriated from your HDDR anniversary dinner. JK.

Congratulations to Jeanette on her most GRAND switcheroo to GF

to everyone and I hope you and yours are feeling better soon. Happy weekend changing and planning!

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 03-08-2013 at 03:56 PM.
Old 03-08-2013, 03:30 PM   #392
Piglets Mommy
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Speaking from experience: RC ladies all your children will grow up fine, they will all love you, you are all wonderful loving moms!

Off to Costco to beat the weekend rush.
I hope so!!!
Have fun at Costco!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Hello my lovely friends.

Jen: Any mom who tells you she hasn't totally lost it at some point over her kids doing something crazy is either a saint, has a full-time nanny or is a bald-faced liar. You've gotten some excellent advice so I'm just gonna say, I've been in that same boat plenty of times.

Piglet: Sweet on the DVC closing!
So very true!

Thanks! I keep checking my email, as if they are going to send an email the instant it closes to tell me
Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post

I did, but I had to eat some before class and some after because I WAY over ordered. I got a Thai Chopped Chicken Salad (All-natural, antibiotic-free chicken, romaine, Thai cashews, fire-roasted edamame, red peppers, carrots, fresh cilantro & wonton strips all tossed in low-fat Thai Chili Vinaigrette and drizzled with peanut sauce) and a Big Kid Grilled Cheese (Gruyere, Vermont White Cheddar, organic sliced American cheese and Applewood- Smoked Bacon grilled on our new All-Natural White Miche), which are my favorites.
That sounds good! I am hungry now. The closest Panera that I know of is about 1/2 hr from me, but it might be worth the drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
If Poly was as cheap as the mods I'd be !!! I really don't know if we would use the WPs much either. The resort pools are all pretty amazing!

Mine too! Congrats on the DVC, btw! :thumbsup:

Happy Friday everyone! DS8 has a birthday party to go to at Chuck E Cheese tonight. I hate that place with a passion. I know he is going to end up sick tomorrow. He is super shy and has problems with making friends and so he is desperate to go or I would have said H to the No.
If the Poly was the same price as a MOD, I would not be a resort changer.

Thanks....can't wait!

I hate Chuck E Cheese too. It is a grem fest and I leave with a migraine every time. I'm so glad my kids are of the ages that there aren't a ton of parties there anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis! View Post
Hi Rcers. FTW Cabins is our early-line plan for our anniversary 2014 trip. This annual trip has become our "try new things" time. We are starting to run out of new Resorts to try, and the Cabins look like a fun & different experience. Out of curiosity I was looking forward to KOOK's review of FTW Cabins for helpful hints before we actually took the plunge. So... if KOOK is listening in, I hope she resumes her same line of ressie-ing after the furlough ... but I predict different plans shall materialize for the KOOKsters next WDW adventure.

Have you thought about a Treehouse for the two of you? I think they sleep like 12 or something big enough for the Jeanette crew. I'm totally digressing here, but I've always wished the Treehouses were over on Discovery Island...

Are you doing a split or all FWC? Who will get the Murphy? Who will get the bunk? I once read a review in someone's blog that he stayed in a FWC alone and tried out each bed during his stay - my dream stay

I actually did think a bit about where we would stay if we go again this summer and I really did picture a FWC thrown in the mix with a BLT chaser. I think you'd love the setting and you could take a carriage ride and rent a golf cart to come back to your cabin inebriated from your HDDR anniversary dinner. JK.

to everyone and I hope you and yours are feeling better soon. Happy weekend changing and planning!
Love the tree house for 2 and drunken golf cart adventure ideas! Just wouldn't want anyone to end up in Disney Jail for GCWI though!

Have a great weekend everyone! I am headed to MD for my cousin's bridal shower.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-08-2013, 03:43 PM   #393
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Hi Rcers. FTW Cabins is our early-line plan for our anniversary 2014 trip. This annual trip has become our "try new things" time. We are starting to run out of new Resorts to try, and the Cabins look like a fun & different experience. Out of curiosity I was looking forward to KOOK's review of FTW Cabins for helpful hints before we actually took the plunge. So... if KOOK is listening in, I hope she resumes her same line of ressie-ing after the furlough ... but I predict different plans shall materialize for the KOOKsters next WDW adventure.
At one point, we were booked at the FTW Cabins. I just wish they had two bathrooms.

Quote:
letthewookiewin: What a great MK meet story with your DH. Big Kid Grilled Cheese rocks.
Thank you!! Yes it does!! I thought about trying to make it at home, but it probably won't be as good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglets Mommy View Post
That sounds good! I am hungry now. The closest Panera that I know of is about 1/2 hr from me, but it might be worth the drive.
That's about as far away as the closest one to me. Luckily one of them is on the way to school. I just had to leave a little early to make sure I had time. I probably could have left at the same time I left Tuesday, but I hate getting to school late and I wasn't sure how long it would take them to make the to-go order. I usually like to be in class an hour early at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglets Mommy View Post
Have a great weekend everyone! I am headed to MD for my cousin's bridal shower.

You as well!! Have a fun, safe trip, and don't forget about the time going back an hour this weekend.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 03-08-2013, 04:04 PM   #394
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Janet - I like NM on Idol way more than I thought I would. And Keith is definitely a cutie and sweetheart with a great accent. ;-)

Jenny - I PMd Venom and he said roaches... :-/ I realize it's FL and these things happen anywhere, but still...

Re: my quest for the "perfect" moderate...DH made the comment that the kids won't care where we stay, or what the pool is like because they'll just be happy it's water and they can play and swim. :-) DS6 won't go down the slides anyway because he's a big chicken. ;-) and after DD2's broken leg from the inflatable slide, DH said she's not going down another slide of any type until she's 45. Hahaha! Maybe POFQ would be nice due to size, and the beignets sound amazing. But the large Mardis gras figures and masks etc. are kinda creepy IMO... :-)
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 03-08-2013, 04:28 PM   #395
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Thanks Koh....he just PMed me too... (yes I am nosy!!) and said the roaches were in drawers, tub, eggs larvae the whole bit. Ummm.....ewwwwww!!!

I cannot thank you all enough for you kind words and advice today. I just felt very low, but need to try and remember to believe in myself more.
I know Sarah would echo what you all said too.
Old 03-08-2013, 05:05 PM   #396
Piglets Mommy
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
[COLOR="Green"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="green"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]
That's about as far away as the closest one to me. Luckily one of them is on the way to school. I just had to leave a little early to make sure I had time. I probably could have left at the same time I left Tuesday, but I hate getting to school late and I wasn't sure how long it would take them to make the to-go order. I usually like to be in class an hour early at least.
We are getting one closer in a few months, so will try it then (JanetIt is coming in the center where Wegman's and Movie tavern are)

You as well!! Have a fun, safe trip, and don't forget about the time going back an hour this weekend.
Thanks! I wish they would do away with the stupid time change. Messes me up for a week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Jenny - I PMd Venom and he said roaches... :-/ I realize it's FL and these things happen anywhere, but still...

Re: my quest for the "perfect" moderate...DH made the comment that the kids won't care where we stay, or what the pool is like because they'll just be happy it's water and they can play and swim. :-) DS6 won't go down the slides anyway because he's a big chicken. ;-) and after DD2's broken leg from the inflatable slide, DH said she's not going down another slide of any type until she's 45. Hahaha! Maybe POFQ would be nice due to size, and the beignets sound amazing. But the large Mardis gras figures and masks etc. are kinda creepy IMO... :-)
I was gonna say that Roaches could be anywhere...then I read Jenny's post below

I thought I wouldn't like the masks, but they didn't bother me. Then again, we were there at Thanksgiving, so Christmas decorations were up too. And the beingets were so good that DS said that is the one must-do he has for this trip...head back over to POFQ for Beingets
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Thanks Koh....he just PMed me too... (yes I am nosy!!) and said the roaches were in drawers, tub, eggs larvae the whole bit. Ummm.....ewwwwww!!!

I cannot thank you all enough for you kind words and advice today. I just felt very low, but need to try and remember to believe in myself more.
I know Sarah would echo what you all said too.
Ewww... My first thought was that even 5 star hotels can have roaches in FL, but that sounds like they went untreated for a while. Bleh. Well, at least I'll eat a little less for dinner tonight.

Hang in there! Have a great weekend!
Old 03-08-2013, 05:08 PM   #397
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

I_Heart: Good luck at Chucky Cheese's! It gives me the shivers just thinking about it. (I've told Miss M when she's brought it up, "We go to Disney so mommy doesn't have to go inside a Chucky Cheese's." I'm horrible, I know. ) Oh, and I forgot to mention... I joined you last night with a half-bottle of red.

GG: I'm with you about the shopping before the weekend madness. Eek!

Melissa: Any word from the docs? And what's the update with you... have you been to the docs? I hope you're taking it as easy as you can. Save me some tonic, I'll bring my gin over. Don't know what was up with me... I think it's just being exhausted with the tail-end of a cold. Had a weaksauce workout session too, which made me Even my trainer was which made me . I'm doing smiley speak apparently. Feeling much, MUCH better today.

Kookster:

Jen: "I know Sarah would echo what you all said too." Yeah, she definitely would have...

Wookie: I love your selection of ringtones! I use Cantina Band for my "OMG, pick up your KID NOW!" alarm. The Imperial March is the ILs. My main one is the classic Dr. Who theme. My hubs' is Rule Britannia -- the kiddo even hums it at him like it's his own theme song. Hubs claims that mine which used to be the Wallace & Gromit theme, is now Riders of Rohan -- though I'm not sure if it's because I'm orc-like or I remind him of Eowyn. Depends on what day it is, I wager.

Jen & Koh: Ah, that confirmed my suspicions. Our POR RR was perfectly clean and lovely ... just FYI! Creepy crawlies make me though. (We once had rented a home during a nerd-conference in Santa Barbara. Went out on our first night to get groceries and returned to the floors, surfaces and ceiling -- yep, the flippin' CEILING -- alive with them. Nope, NOPE, NOOOOPE! Knocked on the owner's door at 11pm and said, "Uh, you've got some problems in the house." She came out and looked -- and proceeded to take one crawling on the ceiling ... with a dish sponge. Seriously. Needless to say, we found a hotel to stay in for the next 4 weeks. ) Not sure if there's any truth to it, but I imagine that with moderates' doors opening to the outside -- and it being warm & humid FL -- it's easier for the lil' suckers to make it into the cozy rooms.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:05 PM   #398
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Just wrote a whole post catching up and accidentally closed it before posting it

So I will just comment on a few topics for now and try to go back latter and comment.

Roaches are gross but unfortunately all over down here. We had a problem on our screened in patio and our garage recently. We had to have our pest control service come out a few times before they were finally gone. But we did take care of it! It sounds like POR either wasn't aware or ignored the situation. Definitely gross!!! I have to say the bugs here is just one more reason I HATE living in FL!

Vodka Tonic is obviously my drink of choice but the story of how it got to be is funny. I always drank vodka drinks, but fruity flavored ones; apple martini, raspberry vodka and seltzer, etc. I was going to Boston for my first trip away from my family for a girls weekend with my high school friends, and I was a nervous wreck! Knowing I did not have to drive when I got off the plane I decided a drink (or two) were in order. So I think about what I can have and remember that one of my ex's mother drank tonic water all the time when we were on their sailboat and I actually enjoyed it too. So I figured I would give a vodka tonic a try, I like vodka, I like tonic, it made sense. So I order my drink and thoroughly enjoy it, nerves start to calm, I am finally excited to be going home to see my friends that I haven't see in years. The flight attendant asks me if I would like another and of course I say yes I went to hand her my credit card and she just waved me off.

An important part of this story is that I had a window seat and the couple sitting next to me were enormous, sweaty and smelly. Now I am not usually the type to judge or say anything, but it was BAD I was smushed against the window and the smell was just awful!

So after two drinks I have to go to the bathroom and am dreading asking this people to move so I can get out of the row, but there is no way I am going to hold it. I finally make it down to the bathroom and the fight attendant pulls me aside and says she feel so badly for me sitting next to them that she will just keep giving me free drinks

From there I just had to decide which vodka I liked the best and became a Ketel One girl Of course I will not turn down a nice glass (or bottle) of a bold shiraz or zinfandel either

So there is my alchy talk for the night

Hope everyone is having a great night

Melissa

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest

Last edited by babyberger; 03-08-2013 at 07:19 PM.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:26 PM   #399
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger
Just wrote a whole post catching up and accidentally closed it before posting it

So I will just comment on a few topics for now and try to go back latter and comment.

Roaches are gross but unfortunately all over down here. We had a problem on our screened in patio and our garage recently. We had to have our pest control service come out a few times before they were finally gone. But we did take care of it! It sounds like POR either wasn't aware or ignored the situation. Definitely gross!!! I have to say the bugs here is just one more reason I HATE living in FL!

Vodka Tonic is obviously my drink of choice but the story of how it got to be is funny. I always drank vodka drinks, but fruity flavored ones; apple martini, raspberry vodka and seltzer, etc. I was going to Boston for my first trip away from my family for a girls weekend with my high school friends, and I was a nervous wreck! Knowing I did not have to drive when I got off the plane I decided a drink (or two) were in order. So I think about what I can have and remember that one of my ex's mother drank tonic water all the time when we were on their sailboat and I actually enjoyed it too. So I figured I would give a vodka tonic a try, I like vodka, I like tonic, it made sense. So I order my drink and thoroughly enjoy it, nerves start to calm, I am finally excited to be going home to see my friends that I haven't see in years. The flight attendant asks me if I would like another and of course I say yes I went to hand her my credit card and she just waved me off.

An important part of this story is that I had a window seat and the couple sitting next to me were enormous, sweaty and smelly. Now I am not usually the type to judge or say anything, but it was BAD I was smushed against the window and the smell was just awful!

So after two drinks I have to go to the bathroom and am dreading asking this people to move so I can get out of the row, but there is no way I am going to hold it. I finally make it down to the bathroom and the fight attendant pulls me aside and says she feel so badly for me sitting next to them that she will just keep giving me free drinks

From there I just had to decide which vodka I liked the best and became a Ketel One girl Of course I will not turn down a nice glass (or bottle) of a bold shiraz or zinfandel either

Melissa
That is hilarious

Cynthia
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 03-08-2013, 07:48 PM   #400
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post

Melissa
Too much!
And yucko about the roaches and other assorted creepy crawlers down there!
Old 03-08-2013, 07:51 PM   #401
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Okay attempting my catch up again....

Wookie - your Panera sounds so yummy! I never eat cashews anymore because DD is SEVERELY allergic and I am just so afraid of having the nut oils anywhere on me. I have a Panera right around the corner from me, as a matter of fact it is right in front on the gym I belong to. It is so hard to walk past all those yummy smells in the morning and go into the gym when I really want to sink my teeth into all those fresh baked goodies. How did the dr with Joey go?

i_heart - yep, it is now 8:30pm and I just poured a drink : I swear Chuck E Cheese is one of the grossest places there is, but my kids still love it so we the few times a year we go I just bring my iPad or meet a friend there and then disinfect them like crazy when we get home. I hope DS had a great time tonight and isn't too sick tomorrow

MAGIC - I forgot to wish you a BIG CONGRATS on your magical upgrade and a belated Happy Anniversary!!!

KOOK - my mom swears we stayed in a treehouse when I was little, I think I remember it. But I also remember a townhouse type place Then again I also remember the blood blister I got on my finger from playing too much in the CR arcade I remember the weirdest things from my childhood! Needless to say we went to Disney a few times when I was growing up. I think it started when my grandparents moved to FL, we would see them in Miami then go to Disney or vice versa. Then somehow I ended up down here

Piglets Mommy - have a great time this weekend in MD and at the shower!

Koh1977 - we actually didn't mind the Mardi Gras masks, but now ask me about Boardwalk and how my family wont stay there because of the clown pool Broken leg, inflatable slide....does not sound like a good story My oldest DS thought he could fly when he was two and jumped off the top stair...broke his arm in two places.

Miss - glad you are feeling better today! Come on over, I have plenty of tonic to share I even have a nip of Tanqueray left from when I was trying gin. DH told me to try it since he knew I liked tonic, he said it was a love or hate kind of thing. Well I don't hate it, but I don't love it. I'll stick with my Ketel One

Cynthia - I honestly could not believe she was just giving me free drinks...I guess she smelled them too

Well DS and DD were fighting and yelling at each other while DH was asleep on the couch, didn't end well DH is still on the couch but awake and cranky and the kiddos are upstairs in their rooms. I'll just sit here with my laptop and keep catching up on the Dis

Melissa

My Trip Reports:

Old 03-08-2013, 07:52 PM   #402
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Oh, by the way, snow day today...last day of school now June 21, the day we leave for vacation
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 03-08-2013, 07:53 PM   #403
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Too much!
And yucko about the roaches and other assorted creepy crawlers down there!
Oh yes, I have become a pro at catching those little lizards and taking them back outside where they belong

My Trip Reports:

Old 03-08-2013, 07:55 PM   #404
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
Oh, by the way, snow day today...last day of school now June 21, the day we leave for vacation
Yeah, you guys are getting clobbered this winter! I keep seeing everyone's pics on FB and wish I was there!!!

Knock on wood, our hurricane days this year didn't add to our school end date. We have been there before though. I always laugh thinking how I grew up with snow days and now deal with hurricane days for my kids, so strange!

My Trip Reports:

Old 03-08-2013, 08:16 PM   #405
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger

Yeah, you guys are getting clobbered this winter! I keep seeing everyone's pics on FB and wish I was there!!!

Knock on wood, our hurricane days this year didn't add to our school end date. We have been there before though. I always laugh thinking how I grew up with snow days and now deal with hurricane days for my kids, so strange!
That's the one thing I thought was so crazy when I lived down there! Hurricane days! Even in Orlando area! It was crazy!
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: