Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-07-2013, 02:02 PM   #346
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO
 
letthewookiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 4,824

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLuvLuv View Post
Hellllllllllo Spring 2013!!!

Aunt Deena checking in!! I miss my little ladies so much!! Jeanette, please give them a hug from me!!

I went to Flower and Garden today!!! What a treat!! I'm totally loving the new booths in the World Showcase!! The new slushie in France was amazing, I loved the potato pancake over by Germany, and China had the most amazing candied strawberries!! We tried some other stuff, but I need to get my camera out to see what everything was. The slushies (yes multiple) fogged my memory

Not much else is new here. Keeping busy and playing in the parks! I hope everyone is doing well!!
Did you get to see the Vera Bradley bags while you were there? I can't wait to get one...or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
They grow up too fast!!!!

Waving to everyone else
WAY too fast!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Us too!!!
It would be nice, if they just moved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
They are always our babies
Yes, they always will be, which drives mine nuts when I call them that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglets Mommy View Post
You met at MK??? So cool!
Yep. I was there with my high school band. He was in Florida with his family on Spring Break and they decided last minute to go to WDW. While waiting in line for the Sky Bucket, my friend and I were looking for cute guys. First I saw his huge muscular calves, then cute rear, and then the hat that had a Texas with a green dragon coming out of it on one side and "TEXAS AAA STATE CHAMPS" on the other. I knew they had to be from Southlake, so my friend yelled at them and asked them if they were from Southlake. When they said they were, she asked if they were from Southlake, Texas. Before they could answer, I slapped her on the arm and was like, "There is a huge Texas state shape on their hat, of course their from Southlake, Texas." When we all got off the ride in Tomorrowland, they were waiting for us. I was in the second group of my friends getting off, and by the time I did my friend had a tight hold on him. She was looking for a guy to cheat on her boyfriend with that cheated on her the day we left for the trip. Once we were home, I would drive her to see him. Her parent's insisted on it, since I was her only friend they trusted to go with her. When he served his purpose of making her boyfriend jealous, she broke up with him. When he asked another friend, who was dating his brother, for my number, I about passed out. He admitted to me later, that it was me he was interested in from the start. When I slapped my friend on the arm, and gave my "smart-mouth" comment, he had recognized me. Our schools were in the same district and my cousin went to his school. He remembers seeing me talk to my cousin, thinking I was cute, but was too shy to come up and talk to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
We are going to the GRAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Here is goes.......This is it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!My most perfectly perfect birthday trip....no more changes


And 26 days til F&G
GRATS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Lots going on around here these days. We agreed we really would like to work it out so we could go to WDW this year.
Dh came home yesterday and said he had asked for and was approved for the vacation days.
I changed a few things around, and started working on a plan. I wanted to figure it out so furlough or not, it would be possible.
I called CRO today, and the plan is: 2 nights WL, 5 nights YC. I've paid about 1/2 the total at this point, so I think it should work out!!
CONGRATS!!! Sound like a good split. If I could convince the DH, I would change the first part of our trip to the WL, but he's said he refuses to do a split stay.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Hi Peeps!!
Wookie: Its hard to accept when our kids get older and seeing the signs of it...t was hard for me to accept my DS with a beard& detested it & but it grew on me. When I mentioned I didnt like it he came back with mom you arent exactly the type of women Im trying to appeal to And for your excitement! I know you all love Comic Con (we dont know too much about it but as we are big fans of the Big Bang Theory and seen them intereviewed there).
We all love Duck Dynasty and he wanted to grow it out like they have their beards. I have always had a "it's your hair, as long as it's not against the school dress code, I'm ok with it" approach to their hair. It's one of the things the DH and I disagree most about. Especially when I let them grow it out long, or when they colored it red and blue this last summer.

I love The Big Bang Theory!! My JM reminds me so much of Sheldon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
I'm now back safe and sound from my Dis DL Diva trip! We really had a wonderful time .... so many lovely ladies.

The Sunday before the trip DD was playing softball and managed to break her finger. After a trip to urgent care and a large splint she was referred to an Ortho surgeon. The tip of the finger seems to be just hanging there. He gave her a new little plastic splint which she has to wear for the next 6 weeks. Then he'll take another look to see if it has healed .... if it has she'll only need to wear the splint at night for another 6 weeks .... if not surgery, pins to hold it in place. Think good thoughts everyone!

So all the above explains why we didn't do all the meals and activities on the Diva trip. We both had a lot of fun and plan to do it again next year. I had signed up for the Scavenger Hunt but DD hadn't since she wasn't going to be there that day but due to her injury she arrived one day earlier. Some of the wonderful Divas invited her to spend the time with them while I did the hunt. My team came in 4th place ... just one spot out of winning a prize.

The Redneck themed Meet n Greet party was a great time to meet everyone. Some great outfits and lots of laughs. My outfit was just jeans and a plaid shirt so no prize for me.

We did several of the TS meals ... I think my favorite was Big Thunder BBQ. I did the dinner at Storytellers Cafe the first night before DD was there. It was a little hard walking into dinner with 24 ladies who you've never met ... I am shy .... but everyone was very friendly.

There were 60+ Divas on the trip but not everyone attended each event. I loved how you got to pick and choose what you wanted to do so you all weren't stuck at the hip to the whole group.

We've already started planning for next year .... Feb 26th thru Mar 2nd!

Thanks Christine for posting the picture of my hunt team!!!
I'm glad it was a great trip. Hopefully, her finger won't need the pins.

Well I have two sick kids at home today. JM could have probably gone to school today. I just thought the cough was so bad, they would have sent him home anyway.

I have school again tonight. I'm thinking about leaving a little early, so I can stop my Panera Bread. I would really love a Big Kid Grilled Cheese or a Thai Choped Chicken Salad. Actually, I might get both, and save the salad for tomorrow.
__________________
Me(38)DH(38) DS16 DS15 Bug R.I.P. 8/20/11
'81-OS/w parents; 3/94-OS/w HS band & met future DH; 7/00-OS,5th wedding anny; 3/04-CBR,DS's 1st trip; 10/06-WL,MNSSHP; 6/12-PC; 9/13-Swan/AKL SV; 5/14 DL; 12/14 SoG, Suz & I & MVMCP


"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline  
Old 03-07-2013, 04:15 PM   #347
Piglets Mommy
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.
 
Piglets Mommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Pennsylvania....way too far north of the Mouse!
Posts: 7,372

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
I'm now back safe and sound from my Dis DL Diva trip! We really had a wonderful time .... so many lovely ladies.

The Sunday before the trip DD was playing softball and managed to break her finger. After a trip to urgent care and a large splint she was referred to an Ortho surgeon. The tip of the finger seems to be just hanging there. He gave her a new little plastic splint which she has to wear for the next 6 weeks. Then he'll take another look to see if it has healed .... if it has she'll only need to wear the splint at night for another 6 weeks .... if not surgery, pins to hold it in place. Think good thoughts everyone!

So all the above explains why we didn't do all the meals and activities on the Diva trip. We both had a lot of fun and plan to do it again next year. I had signed up for the Scavenger Hunt but DD hadn't since she wasn't going to be there that day but due to her injury she arrived one day earlier. Some of the wonderful Divas invited her to spend the time with them while I did the hunt. My team came in 4th place ... just one spot out of winning a prize.

The Redneck themed Meet n Greet party was a great time to meet everyone. Some great outfits and lots of laughs. My outfit was just jeans and a plaid shirt so no prize for me.

We did several of the TS meals ... I think my favorite was Big Thunder BBQ. I did the dinner at Storytellers Cafe the first night before DD was there. It was a little hard walking into dinner with 24 ladies who you've never met ... I am shy .... but everyone was very friendly.

There were 60+ Divas on the trip but not everyone attended each event. I loved how you got to pick and choose what you wanted to do so you all weren't stuck at the hip to the whole group.

We've already started planning for next year .... Feb 26th thru Mar 2nd!

Thanks Christine for posting the picture of my hunt team!!!
That sounds like a great trip! Glad you enjoyed it!
__________________
DH Me DS ,13 DD,10
Piglets Mommy is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-07-2013, 04:50 PM   #348
Koh1977
DIS Veteran
 
Koh1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,938

Wookie - the story of how you and DH met is priceless! :-)
__________________
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline  
Old 03-07-2013, 05:01 PM   #349
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran
 
Missoutandabout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Posts: 2,035

Oh wow, look how much I've missed!

I_Heart: Your plan sounds absolutely fantastic. Go for it! And include the cake, champagne cruise... that will be such a wonderful way to celebrate. I'm sorry you guys are going through difficult times... us RC chicas are here for you.

Pas: Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! Makes me happy when one you guys get to book your favorite place. I'm confused though, this is an all-family trip or just you and DH? I can't keep up with you guys. (P.S. Please, please PLEASE don't change this one!)

Dani: I hope you can make a Momma / Daughter trip work. You guys need a break. I'd love to do one of those one day.

Janet: Yep! She'll love it... I just know she's going to ask about the pool though. You know, if I could magically transport SAB over there... I know CR would be a hit. That was the first thing she asked to do back in January, "Can we go swimming?!" I'm thinking if we ever do a resort-only trip AKL would be just fine.

Is Sam still feeling okay? You guys get any classes in this week? After my horrendous session yesterday (feeling kinda ick and dizzy, etc.) I'm going to cancel my torture session for tomorrow.

"mom you arent exactly the type of women Im trying to appeal to" ... children and their brutal honesty.

Ginny: Another YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! I'm so happy for you. That sounds like an excellent split, to boot. I'm with you about the furloughs. I thought -- since it's for hubbo's 40th -- I can't just NOT do anything for his special day. When those flights went on sale yesterday, that was the catalyst. (Though if things get really, really bad I can always cancel as October's a long way off.) Can't wait to hear your dining plans...

Deena: Woooooow! Colour me green with envy. I hope those slushies are a permanent fixture at the World Showcase. Oh, and those rum-infused Dole Whips? Holy Moley, I'm in... I'M IN!

Linda "Not So" Grumpy Grandma: So glad you had a wonderful trip. Loved the pics... you ladies were having tons of fun. Yikes about DD's finger. I hope they can fix her up quick. Have they mentioned how it will affect her ability to move the finger at all? Good thoughts her way.

Wookie: Sorry the kids are sick Can we have a time machine? I'd love to have an hour or two back with my baby Miss M. Then have her back to normal again. Just every now and again. I'd revert her back to normal right around diaper-change time.

Marie: Would be nice of you to do the Diva trip. Continued well-wishes your DH's way.

Candace: all of those flaming hoops for $7 off.

Jen: Our mail is soooooo slow.

Pas & Janet: I'm with you two on the texting. Texting is a much-welcome source of communication for this shy gal. Now, if I could just remember to check it when I hear the notification (Perry's growl, by the way)!

to Sheila, Melissa, Kook, DetTig, Piglet and Koh. Sorry to anyone I've missed!
Missoutandabout is offline  
Old 03-07-2013, 05:07 PM   #350
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO
 
letthewookiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 4,824

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Wookie: Sorry the kids are sick Can we have a time machine? I'd love to have an hour or two back with my baby Miss M. Then have her back to normal again. Just every now and again. I'd revert her back to normal right around diaper-change time.
Thank you. Joey was supposed to see the doctor about his blood sugar tomorrow, but it may end up being about something else instead. When I told the doctor I would see him on Friday, he asked why. I told him about having an appointment for Joey and issues with blood sugar. He thought the numbers I have been getting are spot on.
__________________
Me(38)DH(38) DS16 DS15 Bug R.I.P. 8/20/11
'81-OS/w parents; 3/94-OS/w HS band & met future DH; 7/00-OS,5th wedding anny; 3/04-CBR,DS's 1st trip; 10/06-WL,MNSSHP; 6/12-PC; 9/13-Swan/AKL SV; 5/14 DL; 12/14 SoG, Suz & I & MVMCP


"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline  
Old 03-07-2013, 08:23 PM   #351
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
An illuminations cruise sounds amazing For the price...not sure. How about dropping the kids off at Sandcastle club and having a dinner at World Showcase maybe?

Just know many of us have "been there" so if you need to vent or some love..we are here! ALWAYS!
DD is too young for the club and I'm not comfortable with KNO. Otherwise, I'd totally do this!

Thanks pas, truly. I'm sure that you and the others who have been there will be a wealth of knowledge when I'm ready.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglets Mommy View Post
That sounds Awesome! Have you looked at a Wishes cruise? Since you will be in MK, that might be easier.

I'd love to renew my vows on the beach at the Poly someday
I think I'd prefer a Wishes cruise, but since we are staying at YC I just thought it would be easier to head back to the room on foot then fight the crowds exiting the MK.

I would have loved to do the Poly vow renewal too, but since the view at Luau Cove is less then awesome right now, and I won't spring for the bigger package at Sunset Pointe, it was a no go for us.

Maybe for our 25th!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
We are going to the GRAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Here is goes.......This is it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!My most perfectly perfect birthday trip....no more changes


And 26 days til F&G
Yes, perfect! No changes!!!!!!!

Also, we will want a report of all the goodies you try as soon as you get back!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Lots going on around here these days. We agreed we really would like to work it out so we could go to WDW this year.
Dh came home yesterday and said he had asked for and was approved for the vacation days.
I changed a few things around, and started working on a plan. I wanted to figure it out so furlough or not, it would be possible.
I called CRO today, and the plan is: 2 nights WL, 5 nights YC. I've paid about 1/2 the total at this point, so I think it should work out!!
Sounds great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Kids have radar like that, we all understand that... Its so wonderful to have you back and hear that life is a little less stressful...great to hear DS is okay. Love the fact you are planning this surprise for your DH& will the folks you are working with also have a photographer to capture it?? How romantic..
Yes, they will have a group that will be there to snap some photos. Nothing really professional, but at least we can capture the moments!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
I'm now back safe and sound from my Dis DL Diva trip! We really had a wonderful time .... so many lovely ladies.

The Sunday before the trip DD was playing softball and managed to break her finger. After a trip to urgent care and a large splint she was referred to an Ortho surgeon. The tip of the finger seems to be just hanging there. He gave her a new little plastic splint which she has to wear for the next 6 weeks. Then he'll take another look to see if it has healed .... if it has she'll only need to wear the splint at night for another 6 weeks .... if not surgery, pins to hold it in place. Think good thoughts everyone!

So all the above explains why we didn't do all the meals and activities on the Diva trip. We both had a lot of fun and plan to do it again next year. I had signed up for the Scavenger Hunt but DD hadn't since she wasn't going to be there that day but due to her injury she arrived one day earlier. Some of the wonderful Divas invited her to spend the time with them while I did the hunt. My team came in 4th place ... just one spot out of winning a prize.

The Redneck themed Meet n Greet party was a great time to meet everyone. Some great outfits and lots of laughs. My outfit was just jeans and a plaid shirt so no prize for me.

We did several of the TS meals ... I think my favorite was Big Thunder BBQ. I did the dinner at Storytellers Cafe the first night before DD was there. It was a little hard walking into dinner with 24 ladies who you've never met ... I am shy .... but everyone was very friendly.

There were 60+ Divas on the trip but not everyone attended each event. I loved how you got to pick and choose what you wanted to do so you all weren't stuck at the hip to the whole group.

We've already started planning for next year .... Feb 26th thru Mar 2nd!

Thanks Christine for posting the picture of my hunt team!!!
Sounds like you had a great trip! Sorry about your DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post

Yep. I was there with my high school band. He was in Florida with his family on Spring Break and they decided last minute to go to WDW. While waiting in line for the Sky Bucket, my friend and I were looking for cute guys. First I saw his huge muscular calves, then cute rear, and then the hat that had a Texas with a green dragon coming out of it on one side and "TEXAS AAA STATE CHAMPS" on the other. I knew they had to be from Southlake, so my friend yelled at them and asked them if they were from Southlake. When they said they were, she asked if they were from Southlake, Texas. Before they could answer, I slapped her on the arm and was like, "There is a huge Texas state shape on their hat, of course their from Southlake, Texas." When we all got off the ride in Tomorrowland, they were waiting for us. I was in the second group of my friends getting off, and by the time I did my friend had a tight hold on him. She was looking for a guy to cheat on her boyfriend with that cheated on her the day we left for the trip. Once we were home, I would drive her to see him. Her parent's insisted on it, since I was her only friend they trusted to go with her. When he served his purpose of making her boyfriend jealous, she broke up with him. When he asked another friend, who was dating his brother, for my number, I about passed out. He admitted to me later, that it was me he was interested in from the start. When I slapped my friend on the arm, and gave my "smart-mouth" comment, he had recognized me. Our schools were in the same district and my cousin went to his school. He remembers seeing me talk to my cousin, thinking I was cute, but was too shy to come up and talk to me.

Well I have two sick kids at home today. JM could have probably gone to school today. I just thought the cough was so bad, they would have sent him home anyway.

I have school again tonight. I'm thinking about leaving a little early, so I can stop my Panera Bread. I would really love a Big Kid Grilled Cheese or a Thai Choped Chicken Salad. Actually, I might get both, and save the salad for tomorrow.
What an amazing story! Sorry your DSs aren't feeling well. Hope you got your Panera!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
I_Heart: Your plan sounds absolutely fantastic. Go for it! And include the cake, champagne cruise... that will be such a wonderful way to celebrate. I'm sorry you guys are going through difficult times... us RC chicas are here for you.
Thanks Miss And don't worry, I think Miss M will find more then enough to love about the CR. It's exciting to try new things


I wonder if I'm the only RCer sipping a nice glass of wine on this Thursday night...
__________________
(Me) (DH) (DS 10) (DS 9)(DS 7)(DD 2)
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!




.
i_heart_the_mouse is offline  
Old 03-07-2013, 09:03 PM   #352
Koh1977
DIS Veteran
 
Koh1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,938

I_heart - I'm getting ready to break out the wine myself. :-). So no, you're not alone.

Waiting for the DS to go to bed (DD already is) and then I'm going to relax and veg out on the couch watching DVRd Idol with a glass of wine. DH has to do some work tonight...I figure I can check out some info. on POFQ which I just added to my list of possibilities too. Too bad we can't do a split stay, but with tickets and dining plan pkg, it's not really cost effective...
__________________
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline  
Old 03-07-2013, 09:25 PM   #353
babyberger
DIS Veteran
 
babyberger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,793

No wine tonight, going with my standard, vodka tonic with lime. Warranted after the call I got from Stevens's teacher today

Lurking...

Jeanette - congrats on GF!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
My Recent Deluxe Splurge Sept 2012 - YC, Oct 2012 - WL, Dec 2012 - CR CL, Feb 2013 - CR TPV
Starting the weekend trips again!

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds


Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline  
Old 03-07-2013, 09:27 PM   #354
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
I_heart - I'm getting ready to break out the wine myself. :-). So no, you're not alone.

Waiting for the DS to go to bed (DD already is) and then I'm going to relax and veg out on the couch watching DVRd Idol with a glass of wine. DH has to do some work tonight...I figure I can check out some info. on POFQ which I just added to my list of possibilities too. Too bad we can't do a split stay, but with tickets and dining plan pkg, it's not really cost effective...
Bottoms up!

Yeah, I agree that a split wouldn't be good with a pkg.

So all 4 Mods are on the table then? Yeesh. Tough call. I'd have a hard time deciding myself. The double beds at CBR are a huge downer, but then there is that great zero entry pool and the kiddie area. CSR looks the most overall deluxe of the group, but then POR and POFQ have the boat to DTD which looks fun. Good luck!

We will probably end up with 2 rooms at a Mod next year, so I'll be interested to hear where you end up and get your opinion
__________________
(Me) (DH) (DS 10) (DS 9)(DS 7)(DD 2)
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!




.
i_heart_the_mouse is offline  
Old 03-07-2013, 09:31 PM   #355
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
No wine tonight, going with my standard, vodka tonic with lime. Warranted after the call I got from Stevens's teacher today

Lurking...

Jeanette - congrats on GF!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that. I hope it's something you can easily resolve. How are you feeling? Any better?

Hey, when you get a chance can you repost your link to your blog. I lost it somehow and want to keep following.
__________________
(Me) (DH) (DS 10) (DS 9)(DS 7)(DD 2)
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!




.
i_heart_the_mouse is offline  
Old 03-07-2013, 10:08 PM   #356
Koh1977
DIS Veteran
 
Koh1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,938

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse

Bottoms up!

Yeah, I agree that a split wouldn't be good with a pkg.

So all 4 Mods are on the table then? Yeesh. Tough call. I'd have a hard time deciding myself. The double beds at CBR are a huge downer, but then there is that great zero entry pool and the kiddie area. CSR looks the most overall deluxe of the group, but then POR and POFQ have the boat to DTD which looks fun. Good luck!

We will probably end up with 2 rooms at a Mod next year, so I'll be interested to hear where you end up and get your opinion
I know!! I hate making decisions!! :-) and of course when I do then I change my mind ten thousand times. :-) if I could book the Poly as cheap as the moderates, I think I'd actually stick with that decision, but alas, I'm sure that will not be the case any time soon...

I was thinking of adding the water park option, but I don't know that the kids would really enjoy it any more than a resort day with a nice pool, playground, and arcade, etc.
__________________
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline  
Old 03-07-2013, 10:21 PM   #357
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO
 
letthewookiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 4,824

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Wookie - the story of how you and DH met is priceless! :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
What an amazing story! Sorry your DSs aren't feeling well. Hope you got your Panera!
Thank you both. My mom told the band director, he should be responsible for paying for half the wedding, since we wouldn't have met if he hadn't insisted on us going to WDW over Spring Break. She could joke like that with him though. She took care of his children and had washed his dirty undies. When we did get married, they set besides my parents and their children carried my wedding dress train.
__________________
Me(38)DH(38) DS16 DS15 Bug R.I.P. 8/20/11
'81-OS/w parents; 3/94-OS/w HS band & met future DH; 7/00-OS,5th wedding anny; 3/04-CBR,DS's 1st trip; 10/06-WL,MNSSHP; 6/12-PC; 9/13-Swan/AKL SV; 5/14 DL; 12/14 SoG, Suz & I & MVMCP


"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline  
Old 03-07-2013, 10:23 PM   #358
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran
 
Grumpy Grandma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SACRAMENTO CA
Posts: 3,290

Just posting to see my new siggy ......
__________________
Grumpy Grandma is offline  
Old 03-07-2013, 10:40 PM   #359
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO
 
letthewookiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 4,824

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Just posting to see my new siggy ......
It's really cute!!
__________________
Me(38)DH(38) DS16 DS15 Bug R.I.P. 8/20/11
'81-OS/w parents; 3/94-OS/w HS band & met future DH; 7/00-OS,5th wedding anny; 3/04-CBR,DS's 1st trip; 10/06-WL,MNSSHP; 6/12-PC; 9/13-Swan/AKL SV; 5/14 DL; 12/14 SoG, Suz & I & MVMCP


"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline  
Old 03-08-2013, 08:05 AM   #360
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney
 
sjs314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 10,015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Just posting to see my new siggy ......
Love it!
__________________
'89 & '90- Travelodge-Hotel Plaza Blvd,'92 & '93- POFQ,'94-YC,'95 & '96-WL,'97-CSR,'06-AKL,'07-Disneyland Hotel,'09-OKW,F&G '12-BWI,MVMCP '12-BWI,F&W '13-AKL

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:26 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: