Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 09:17 AM   #3511
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
Missoutandabout - I saw you're considering BWV. I'm new to this thread but I'll throw my 2 cents in...

I am IN LOVE with BWV. IN LOVE. Ok can a person be in love with a resort????? I shared a 1BR with 2 girl friends in April, and we had 3 other friends split between 2 studios. Now I will say we were totally spoiled with the location - we had a BW view right by the lobby - simply amazing. The friends in studios were standard view & they were a hike to the lobby.

I love having hustle & bustle right there, and even though there's no QS inside BW, there's a billion places to grab food on the BW or nearby. The walk to Epcot from BWV was very quick. The resort is GORGEOUS.

About that clown slide......I was never a fan of it in pictures but I'll say I honestly didn't even notice it when we were there. Yes the villas have their own quiet pool (with a hot tub!) which we used, but when walking around the main pool, the clown was a non-issue. It just blended in with the landscaping & surroundings that it wasn't very noticeable.

Enjoy your last day at AKL. We had a similar view in March, I loved waking up to all the animals outside! AKL was my favorite until I found BW....
Tara! What are your dates for September again??? We extended our trip by 2 days on the front end...I know we had a tiny overlap...perhaps bigger now??? 9/27/13-10/2/13

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 06-12-2013, 09:19 AM   #3512
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Tara! What are your dates for September again??? We extended our trip by 2 days on the front end...I know we had a tiny overlap...perhaps bigger now??? 9/27/13-10/2/13
It's now 10/2-6....bummer! Nothing booked yet, waiting for AP discounts to come out!

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-12-2013, 09:19 AM   #3513
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

And, ok ladies....convince me that I don't neeeeeed CL to enjoy my trip. Go ahead, convince me.......

I'm a CL addict and need to break this habit!!!

Oh, and Alysa - welcome!!! Do I remember you popping in to my PTR some time ago??? Congrats on the bambino!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 06-12-2013, 09:20 AM   #3514
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It's now 10/2-6....bummer! Nothing booked yet, waiting for AP discounts to come out!
Well, our flight doesn't leave until 6 pm on 10/2, so we will have some time that day to do stuff! Maybe meet up again, instead of in the crowds at Wishes.

PAST TRIPS:
Old 06-12-2013, 09:29 AM   #3515
TaraPA

Quote:
Well, our flight doesn't leave until 6 pm on 10/2, so we will have some time that day to do stuff! Maybe meet up again, instead of in the crowds at Wishes.
Awesome! The flight I'm watching arrives into MCO at 1pm so it might work out. That was a crazy DISMeet - how I spotted you in that crazy crowd I have no idea!

And about CL....we've gotten spoiled with it too...but I HAVE to get a 35% discount on it to justify it.

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
Old 06-12-2013, 09:38 AM   #3516
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Awesome! The flight I'm watching arrives into MCO at 1pm so it might work out. That was a crazy DISMeet - how I spotted you in that crazy crowd I have no idea!

And about CL....we've gotten spoiled with it too...but I HAVE to get a 35% discount on it to justify it.
You have great eyesight! That was unbelievable and a crazy coincidence! I keep seeing those segments on the Disney channel with Ross Lynch at all the parks and think it's funny that that was while we were there!

I have only done CL with a 40% discount...but would do 35% as well....but I really, really, really would just like to take a regular room....it's sooooo hard!!!

PAST TRIPS:
Old 06-12-2013, 09:42 AM   #3517
TaraPA

Every time I see the clips with Ross Lynch on Disney Channel I'm like "uh huh, yeah, there he is, he's my bud...we hung together in WDW!" My kids roll their eyes. Did you see someone posted (was it Dani?) that Drake Bell was at the Poly last week. I would have fainted - I LOVE him!

We probably won't do CL unless it's a Deluxe Room if the 4 of us go. Space is sooooo important to us, we just cannot be comfortable sharing a regular room. We love staying in a villa & now that I've discovered renting points, paying for a Deluxe CL room just seems so $$$$. Yet I have one booked for August, because it's the only larger room that guarantees a BW view. There are no BW view villas available for my dates. So for now I'm keeping it....

Old 06-12-2013, 10:20 AM   #3518
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Hey girls! I know I've been MIA, sorry! DD2 has been sick and DS8 and DS7 have decided that the other is just the worst person in the world lately Ah! Summer vacation I've been trying to read along when I can

I see a lot of new faces. ::

Miss - The pix are AMAZING. I am in love with AKL!

Sue -Sorry for the set back with your leg. Take it easy, ok?

Heather - Hope you are enjoying Cancun. Your view is awesome!

Jenny - BC w/o CL sounds like a good compromise. While I am a total CL addict, I think the easiest place for me to drop it would be at YC/BC.

Hi to Wookie, Janet, pas, GG, lacey, Melissa, Sheila, and everybody else!

A bit of news here. I got bitten by the AP bug again thanks to the rocking airfare drop and loads of SW Rapid Rewards to burn. I just could not say no to a grand total of $68 for all 6 of us to fly nonstop.

So...... airfare is booked for 10/24-10/28 for our first F&W trip! We will probably end up at POR because Deluxe this trip is so not in the budget.

Of course, I could make some changes to August to free up some money...

Have a great day all, my little sicky is calling for me again. Poor thing.
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 06-12-2013, 11:13 AM   #3519
Alysa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh, and Alysa - welcome!!! Do I remember you popping in to my PTR some time ago??? Congrats on the bambino!!
Of course! Epic! But no trip report link yet. Did I miss it?
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life
Old 06-12-2013, 11:15 AM   #3520
SeptemberGirl
There should be a quiz at the door
Feel free to point out I'm on the Crazy Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Liz: I know what you mean , I still don't understand why one would sign up for a support thread, or even Disney forum for that matter and then decide to just be mean and judgmental. Their real lives must be severely lacking.

So sorry about your mother. How heartbreaking.

Jen
Jen - thank you.

Loved you husband's pics and the story! Also, the girls and the dolls - I find it so sweet when little girls play like that. My DD is 8, turning 9 this summer, and her GS troop just went to the AG store. Their cookie sales paid for lunch for each girl and mom and $10 for them to spend. They had a blast and seeing them all carry their dolls around and play on the train was so cute. They are going to get older so fast - I'm just happy we could do this now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Another possible change: I'm thinking about canceling our Oct/Nov trip ... that way I don't have to worry about what the wedding dates are. And then booking a trip for Aug/Sept. I know it will be a lot hotter but probably less crowds. DD and I do love our pool time. I checked the DVC member site and I could still get AKV and OKW which are the resorts I wanted. The other positive is that there would be more time until the Dec Granny trip .....

Thoughts? Ideas?????
I second, or third, the late August/September trip. Love those times. Wish I could still go in September! Well, that will change in 9 short years!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
why did I think it would be a good idea to do a short ( is there such a thing) Costco shop today ????? A little too much me thinks! Leg now up resting. But on the bright side, I did get a new pr of Bermuda shorts, and cute pink zip up light weight jacket for August trip
Now my knee hurts!!!
Every single time I go to Costco for a big shop, it rains. Pours. Every time. I have never done a quick trip there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Yep, I changed over to BWV in October on the BB rate... knocked another $100 off the total and even though it isn't the BC/YC, it's the Epcot area during F&W and our favourite park is DHS... so that's a good thing, right? (Go on and reassure me. )
Those were amazing pics!!!

I love BWV. I've stayed at BWI once and the villas once. The time I stayed at the villas, the main pool was being renovated, so the scary clown couldn't get me. The quiet pool was close, and nice, and I loved it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
If the heat and humidity doesn't bother you over much, I think late August is great. We go that time every year. It's value season, so discounts tend to be better, and crowds are lower. We love our pool time too. The heat doesn't bother me. I wish I could go early sept, but I have to be back at school (work).
I am thinking of a trip this August! That's my next planning obsession.

[QUOTE=Alysa;48659378]Hi SeptemberGirl. Just wanted to say I'm sorry for your loss. I just loss my mum/best friend to cancer too and it is hard to keep it together some days (seems like every day).

QUOTE]

Thank you. I'm so sorry for your loss, too. I hate that this is something so many people share. I love being able to say to someone, hey did you feel this, too? But I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

My drinking club has a running problem...bring on the bling!
Old 06-12-2013, 11:37 AM   #3521
SeptemberGirl

I should say that although I edited professionally, and still do on occassion, I am AWFUL at proofreading my posts! Too fast of a typer!

So my August trip...

My husband is doing a lot of travel this summer. I thought it would be nice for my daughter and I to go to WDW while he is in Brazil...and coincidentially on our 14th wedding anniversary! So I am looking at 3 nights, just a quick trip. I'm torn between Dolphin (walk to Epcot! Boardwalk right there!) and a value (mostly money savings, although I get a kick out of the huge themed items).

Thoughts?

Old 06-12-2013, 11:48 AM   #3522
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeptemberGirl View Post
I should say that although I edited professionally, and still do on occassion, I am AWFUL at proofreading my posts! Too fast of a typer!

So my August trip...

My husband is doing a lot of travel this summer. I thought it would be nice for my daughter and I to go to WDW while he is in Brazil...and coincidentially on our 14th wedding anniversary! So I am looking at 3 nights, just a quick trip. I'm torn between Dolphin (walk to Epcot! Boardwalk right there!) and a value (mostly money savings, although I get a kick out of the huge themed items).

Thoughts?
Hmmmmm .... for me summer would be all about the pool and the age of the child. Do you need/want zero entry, slide, what theme????
Old 06-12-2013, 11:55 AM   #3523
SeptemberGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Hmmmmm .... for me summer would be all about the pool and the age of the child. Do you need/want zero entry, slide, what theme????
Good questions!!! Emily will be 9 and she is a swimmer. She swims twice a week now, and she will swim 6 days a week on swim team this summer. She swims in the ocean (we are about 10 mins from the beach), she swims in Y pools, she would swim in the tub if she could! So I don't need anything special for her but a pool and lifeguard. I personally appreciate a nice pool but she can and will swim in any body of water.

I want to keep it lower cost, so while Dolhin is on for loacation, deluxes are out...but maybe I should look at value and mod pools and see what is nicest? Or most appealling.

Old 06-12-2013, 12:09 PM   #3524
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeptemberGirl View Post
Good questions!!! Emily will be 9 and she is a swimmer. She swims twice a week now, and she will swim 6 days a week on swim team this summer. She swims in the ocean (we are about 10 mins from the beach), she swims in Y pools, she would swim in the tub if she could! So I don't need anything special for her but a pool and lifeguard. I personally appreciate a nice pool but she can and will swim in any body of water.

I want to keep it lower cost, so while Dolhin is on for loacation, deluxes are out...but maybe I should look at value and mod pools and see what is nicest? Or most appealling.
POP sounds like a fun place to be for a mommy/DD trip!

Have you stayed at the Dolphin before? I walked in once (I think it was this past January?) and we just about got run over by a HUGE group of conventioners. We turned around and walked right back out. It put me right off of ever staying there. Maybe I just had really bad timing but it felt very adult and not kid friendly. I'm sure it's different if you are staying there, but I just got a bad vibe.
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 06-12-2013, 12:12 PM   #3525
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Just a heads up...until they fix it, online dining reservations seem to be pretty messed up today. You select a booking time, the computer spits out a confirmation time that is different than what you selected. Ugh.
Ex: I wanted Jiko at 6:15pm, I received a confirmation that states I have Jiko at 2:15pm...which, of course, is impossible.

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: