Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 09:39 PM   #3346
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willows909 View Post

I believe it was one of your posts that swayed me a bit? Right? I am happy with the change from Poly CL to this. I think it will suit our need to just sit, drink and swim... But I could change it again... But this does feel right...tonite anyways!
And you can just go round and round in the lazy river.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 06-09-2013, 09:53 PM   #3347
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Okay so BC is looking like its on its way out. reality is that we are doing cruise first, we want to also do a Christmas party, and now need some real life things. Sad.

We will get back there one day though. Maybe you ladies can help me decide on POR or 2 rooms at POP? Those are the only two in the running now.

Help!! Janet?? Anyone??
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-09-2013, 09:55 PM   #3348
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I believe it was one of your posts that swayed me a bit? Right? I am happy with the change from Poly CL to this. I think it will suit our need to just sit, drink and swim
Wah!!! but Yay for you!!
Old 06-10-2013, 04:44 AM   #3349
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

In case any of you are considering switching to BWI or BWV, I posted a new thread for you.

I have to run now, but I'll check back in later to see who has changed
Old 06-10-2013, 06:04 AM   #3350
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Speaking of changes... :-). Talked to DH last night and got all my changes "approved."

7/30-8/1 offsite (Sea World)
8/1-8/9 CBR pirate room

Now to make sure all my ADRs are set! :-) Just will need to make a couple minor changes and move a few things around.

Have a lovely day everyone!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 06-10-2013, 06:51 AM   #3351
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Dani Did you come to a descison about BOG yet? I agree with Janet, keep the 5pm and then head over to DHS for EMH and the Dance Party.

MNSSHP on another night makes for 2 special MK nights with Lily-Belle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Yes, Beast walks through the dining room every 30 minutes! It's so cool!

MM When we went last November the Beast just slipped thru to where he stood for pictures with guests, he moved so fast by time I picked up my camera he was gone, my pic was just a beastly blur

Quote:
Well I have officially lost my mind... Yup, I did it again. Changed resorts. I'm not even going to say it's the last time!
Quote:
Beach Club standard view CL......I can't believe I did it again... It's a sickness...I fully surrender to it and I totally understand this thread. Totally.
Willows You can watch Illuminations from the bridge between BC and BWI but I personally could not stay so close to Epcot and not head over there, it is literally a 5 minute walk from the I'tnl Gateway. But that is just me since Epcot is my favorite Park.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Okay so BC is looking like its on its way out. reality is that we are doing cruise first, we want to also do a Christmas party, and now need some real life things. Sad.

We will get back there one day though. Maybe you ladies can help me decide on POR or 2 rooms at POP? Those are the only two in the running now.

Help!! Janet?? Anyone??
jenny Never stayed at POR or Pop just POFQ which we loved. I'd most likely pick POR to have just one room and not have to worry about the whole "connecting" room issue at POP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Speaking of changes... :-). Talked to DH last night and got all my changes "approved."

8/1-8/9 CBR pirate room

Now to make sure all my ADRs are set! :-) Just will need to make a couple minor changes and move a few things around.

Have a lovely day everyone!!

Krystal Glad your all set with your plans now.I love the look of the Pirate rooms just their location I don't care for since CBR is so big. Plus'es Great Pool and I have read you can even see IllumiNations from the CBR beaches

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila

Last edited by sjs314; 06-10-2013 at 06:56 AM.
Old 06-10-2013, 07:59 AM   #3352
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Good morning RC family It has been a busy few days but now we are settling into our summer break and I am taking a few minutes to catch up.

Koh - I think the pirate rooms are cute and probably a good choice while DS is still young and will enjoy them. Always nice to save some $ too

KOOK - DO NOT CHANGE!!!! I know you love WL and I know that is where you heart is, but I think CR will be great for a change. Keep trying for CL or BLT to make it perfect, but you know that you will still be happy with the BLV room too

Jen - okay here are my rambling thoughts I love POR, so much to do at the resort activity wise BUT with POP you would have 2 bathrooms and more room to move around. We were originally booked at POR for one of our trips last year (before I went deluxe crazy) and the kids were really looking forward to the boats, fishing, etc. Check out www.portorleans.org
I think you have two good options....I guess see which resort the girls like better

Willows909 - WELCOME (a little late) Seems like you have gotten some great advice and some great enabling We stayed at YC last fall and LOVED it!!!! YC shares SAB with BC and I really could have spent much more time relaxing at SAB but the kids were all about the parks. DH and I both LOVE the atmosphere over at the Epcot resort areas. Watching Crescent Lake wake up is breath taking as is sunset over the lake. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the area! I cant wait to get back to YC without my kids so I can really enjoy it!!! Oh and as a former New Englander......LETS GO BRUINS!!! I lived on the MA/NH border so know your area well

Dani - can I just ditto Janet's advice, lol! I think she hit the nail on the head. As we got closer to each of our trips EMH were added throughout the parks. I am sure if Lily HAS to dress up twice, she will live

Wookie - hope you got some sleep last night and your school work done

Miss - yeah, we are not summer people either...too hot and too crowded At least at AKL you can have some great resort time to escape the crowds

Ginny - you are hysterical giving KOOK the phone number Are there any of us who don't have it memorized and programmed in our phones, LOL!!!

Candace - I live 3 hours away and wont go near the parks right now! I keep trying to tell myself that it isnt that hot and humid and it wont be that crowded everytime I get DIS mail or see an ad, or get on this site But I know better and so do you!!! Hang in there, you will get through the summer and be in WDW before you know it!

Jeanette - I did see you made a few changes over the weekend, are you still at CR

SueM - how is the knee doing today? I hope you are feeling less pain every day!

Hello to Janet, Lacey, Shelia, Linda, MAGIC and anyone else I am missing

Melissa

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 06-10-2013, 08:13 AM   #3353
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Good morning from AKL.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:27 AM   #3354
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone! It really is simple to hop over to DHS after dinner. I am going to analyze my plans again today. I am super happy I didn't buy our MNSSHP tickets yet!
Old 06-10-2013, 08:38 AM   #3355
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Good morning from AKL.
Good morning to you! What a GREAT VIEW!!!! Enjoy your day

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 06-10-2013, 09:04 AM   #3356
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:

Good morning from AKL.
Miss Ahhhhh What floor are you on and what Savanah? Jambo or Kidnani?

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Thanks everyone! It really is simple to hop over to DHS after dinner. I am going to analyze my plans again today. I am super happy I didn't buy our MNSSHP tickets yet!
Dani in search of the perfect trip can be so very stressful

Melissa

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 06-10-2013, 09:16 AM   #3357
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Thanks for posting the link to the FW video. Made me want to stay at the cabins.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday !
Between videos and reviews...it's not easy to be swayed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Pas, congrats on RCing to CR CL! knew I should of waited until our texts to change the RC list ... heck the fam didn't know about BC anyway! it's all great!! Close to MK, and DH has a beach!!
It's officially HRH approved

Quote:
Hi RC family! I have been so busy since getting back. I had to return to work right away on Thursday, and it really took a toll. Today is my "down" day and I am doing NOTHING but relaxing.

Quote:
Wooooooow. Kook is right as always -- this was the right way around to do the split. We saw 5 types of animals just within 15 minutes of getting into our SV room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Kids love dressing up... why not have Lily be Belle twice??

Quote:
Beach Club standard view CL......I can't believe I did it again...It's a sickness...I fully surrender to it and I totally understand this thread. Totally.
Nice ch-ch-change!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
If you're not doing parks, I'm sure y'all will love spending the day at SAB.
They sure will!!!!

Quote:

Tough call, but I would choose 2 pop rooms to have more space...5 in a POR room is tight Family suite??? They were included in the AP discounts...speaking of cruises...I stepped on a cruise ship for the very first time EVER yesterday...to pick up a patient. It confirms it...NEVER doing a cruise It wasn't DCL though, just now that I've had a "behind the scenes look"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Not me That reminds me...we need a new thread soon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post

8/1-8/9 CBR pirate room

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Jeanette - I did see you made a few changes over the weekend, are you still at CR
Melissa
I am Melissa, how's it going with the kiddos being out of school??

Quote:

Good morning from AKL.

Quote:

Sue Hope you are feeling a bit better

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 06-10-2013, 09:31 AM   #3358
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Good morning from AKL.
Good morning! Glad you're having a good trip!

Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 06-10-2013, 09:36 AM   #3359
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Help!! Janet?? Anyone??
Hi Jen!
Sorry about BC, however, on the positive the trip is still on. Stayed at Riverside in January and loved it. Of course, I do love POP....if it were me with the family of 5, it would be 2 rooms at POP....more living space, 2 bathrooms, privacy, and plus you get fun theming for the girls. A chance to check out AoA as well. We've always had great bus service at POP and the food court just went thru a revamp of their menu. You can look at it that you all get to try a new resort

In May, you booked a BB, correct? It is a great discount, no matter if you go with POP (25%) or Riverside 30%. Theming is nice at both resorts. Any issues with youngest DD sleeping in the fold-down bed?

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 06-10-2013, 09:45 AM   #3360
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Help!! Janet?? Anyone??
we loved POR. The grounds are fabulous and my kids also loved the pool. The Riverside Mill food court was probably the best I have seen at resorts so far. I think mine were close in age to yours when we stayed there. It was crowded when the extra bed was pulled out but that was only when we were sleeping (and this was pre-refurb). The bathroom area was roomy with a double vanity outside of both the tub and toilet area so we didn't have trouble getting everyone ready.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
In case any of you are considering switching to BWI or BWV, I posted a new thread for you.

ooh! Going to check it out. I have BWV booked for October!!!!
Quote:

Good morning from AKL.
Be still my heart!!!
Quote:
Beach Club standard view CL......I can't believe I did it again... It's a sickness...I fully surrender to it and I totally understand this thread. Totally.
I think that is a perfect choice for a no-park trip!

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: