Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 09:20 AM   #2986
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Hi everyone! It's been a rough day, but we are making the best of it. Right now I am on my second monorail loop. Hoping to get into 'Ohana soon. I have been posting photos on Facebook, but I know not everyone has it. If any of my fb friends want to post them feel free to share with our rc family! I will try to get some done tonight
Keep us posted!! :-)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 06-01-2013, 09:26 AM   #2987
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
We've done it several times when the grandkids were young .... maybe 5 years old. It was a fun silly thing to do .... picture this granny crawling thru an eating establishment .... favorite grandkid memory!
Hmmm...maybe save it for the next trip when both kids can run around :-) (instead of DD in the stroller) with the new Pirate interactive thing at MK and the new Wilderness Explorers at AK, plus the Sorcerers of MK and Agent P at Epcot...we'll probably be plenty busy. :-)

Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-01-2013, 10:02 AM   #2988
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Good morning RC family Feeling good today, after a long emotional day with the kiddos yesterday. But today is a new day, no school, no homework, and Sarah is still sleeping (10am here)

KOOK - hopefully you can figure out what is going to work best for you this summer soon. I know you want to have something planned, but I hear you, I wont book unless I can change or cancel without penalty. Is there any chance of DH being able to take more than one week at time

Ginny - sorry to hear about the furlough, but I think AKL is a great compromise

MAGIC - LOVE my parents new place, it is so much smaller than what they have had in the past, but still plenty big for them and for us to visit They really needed to downsize, so I am very happy for them. The only thing I found really strange about Sarasota was how all the old and new neighborhoods and buildings are all together. Over here we have an old area of Boca and newer area, but over there it is all mixed. But loved being only a few miles from Siesta Key, absolutely LOVE that beach So will July be your re-do at WDW? Or are you going to push that off

Jeanette - have the FWC plans evolved for a longer stay yet? I hope you have good news coming your way!

Dani - glad you made it safe and sound, now just enjoy yourself! I will repost your FB pics when I can, I already did the yummy drink one

Linda - do you have any idea on the wedding date yet? Have you canceled WDW all together for now Oh, I forgot about pool hopping with DVC....DH has me on hold with DVC for now, still have all this company crap going on and I know there was just a price increase (or it is about to happen), but I am still hopeful that maybe come fall we can re-entertain the idea

Big and to everyone!
Melissa

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 06-01-2013, 10:24 AM   #2989
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Was just pricing out a Nemo suite at AoA or a suite at ASMu for our August dates... LOL.

Old 06-01-2013, 10:43 AM   #2990
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Was just pricing out a Nemo suite at AoA or a suite at ASMu for our August dates... LOL.

That may end up being my go to if DH's bonus and discounts don't work out for BLT.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:

Old 06-01-2013, 10:52 AM   #2991
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Posting for Dani

Her cuties haivng a lazy morning

My Trip Reports:

Old 06-01-2013, 12:06 PM   #2992
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Nemo suite is like $200 more I think... Thoughts? Should I just stay put or should I broach the subject with DH?

Old 06-01-2013, 12:25 PM   #2993
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Nemo suite is like $200 more I think... Thoughts? Should I just stay put or should I broach the subject with DH?

I would stick with AKL but seeing as you have kids they might really enjoy AOA a lot more, to me AOA seems like a theme park Expierence in itself especially the Cars section.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 06-01-2013, 12:26 PM   #2994
aml3679
Kita's Mom

We have changed back to our original resort - am I crazy?

We planned our Disney trip so long ago and booked POFQ on a suggestion from a co-worker.

To surprise my DH I changed to WL - he happened to look at the Disney Boards and while he loved the look of the WL - did not want to spend the $2K extra.

We looked at quite a few videos on All Ears and decided we liked POR better.

Then I read reviews saying that Coronado Springs had a more "adult" like feel and switched there.

Now to save money and because of the reviews have switched back to POFQ.

This will save us $900 since we switched from business class. We were going to rent a car because of the size of the resort and we don't think we will any more so that is another $400.

This will be our final change. Is this abnormal?
Old 06-01-2013, 12:26 PM   #2995
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
GG I hope your Air fares get better. This year is crazy I have always been able to snag great priced fares when they are first released but not this trip.
Thanks. I'm hoping the SW birthday sale has something good for me.

Quote:
Hmmm...maybe save it for the next trip when both kids can run around :-) (instead of DD in the stroller) with the new Pirate interactive thing at MK and the new Wilderness Explorers at AK, plus the Sorcerers of MK and Agent P at Epcot...we'll probably be plenty busy. :-)

Sounds like you will have plenty to do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Good morning RC family Feeling good today, after a long emotional day with the kiddos yesterday. But today is a new day, no school, no homework, and Sarah is still sleeping (10am here)

KOOK - hopefully you can figure out what is going to work best for you this summer soon. I know you want to have something planned, but I hear you, I wont book unless I can change or cancel without penalty. Is there any chance of DH being able to take more than one week at time

Ginny - sorry to hear about the furlough, but I think AKL is a great compromise

MAGIC - LOVE my parents new place, it is so much smaller than what they have had in the past, but still plenty big for them and for us to visit They really needed to downsize, so I am very happy for them. The only thing I found really strange about Sarasota was how all the old and new neighborhoods and buildings are all together. Over here we have an old area of Boca and newer area, but over there it is all mixed. But loved being only a few miles from Siesta Key, absolutely LOVE that beach So will July be your re-do at WDW? Or are you going to push that off

Jeanette - have the FWC plans evolved for a longer stay yet? I hope you have good news coming your way!

Dani - glad you made it safe and sound, now just enjoy yourself! I will repost your FB pics when I can, I already did the yummy drink one

Linda - do you have any idea on the wedding date yet? Have you canceled WDW all together for now Oh, I forgot about pool hopping with DVC....DH has me on hold with DVC for now, still have all this company crap going on and I know there was just a price increase (or it is about to happen), but I am still hopeful that maybe come fall we can re-entertain the idea

Big and to everyone!
Melissa
No news on the wedding date yet. They did close on their house yesterday and are moving next weekend so things are moving forward. Not really expecting to hear anything until July which since the SW birthday sale is in June makes it hard for me.

I checked on the price for GF villlas .... $145 per point way too much for my blood! Heard it is going up to $150 on June 19th when sales are released for the public. If I add on it'll be a resale somewhere .... just don't know where.
Old 06-01-2013, 12:29 PM   #2996
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aml3679 View Post
We planned our Disney trip so long ago and booked POFQ on a suggestion from a co-worker.

To surprise my DH I changed to WL - he happened to look at the Disney Boards and while he loved the look of the WL - did not want to spend the $2K extra.

We looked at quite a few videos on All Ears and decided we liked POR better.

Then I read reviews saying that Coronado Springs had a more "adult" like feel and switched there.

Now to save money and because of the reviews have switched back to POFQ.

This will save us $900 since we switched from business class. We were going to rent a car because of the size of the resort and we don't think we will any more so that is another $400.

This will be our final change. Is this abnormal?
No ..... perfectly normal.
Old 06-01-2013, 12:33 PM   #2997
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Thanks. I'm hoping the SW birthday sale has something good for me.

Sounds like you will have plenty to do!

No news on the wedding date yet. They did close on their house yesterday and are moving next weekend so things are moving forward. Not really expecting to hear anything until July which since the SW birthday sale is in June makes it hard for me.

I checked on the price for GF villlas .... $145 per point way too much for my blood! Heard it is going up to $150 on June 19th when sales are released for the public. If I add on it'll be a resale somewhere .... just don't know where.
GG The kids must be so excited! Wishing them all the best

I know your just holding out to buy @ Poly

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 06-01-2013, 12:49 PM   #2998
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
GG The kids must be so excited! Wishing them all the best

I know your just holding out to buy @ Poly
No way .... that one will be just as much!!!! I need a nice cheap resale contract with an Oct use year .... not always easy to find!
Old 06-01-2013, 01:12 PM   #2999
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

On my phone so can't manage a fancy multi-quote, but wanted to say hello to all off you. Loving Dani's pics!
Old 06-01-2013, 02:28 PM   #3000
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I would stick with AKL but seeing as you have kids they might really enjoy AOA a lot more, to me AOA seems like a theme park Expierence in itself especially the Cars section.
Probably not as relaxing as AKL...even if we would have more room, separate sleeping area for naps, etc. and 2 bathrooms...

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: