Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 09:13 AM   #286
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Thanks Pas! She did go today, still a little dragging but almost back to her old self.. Knew GF would be back in serious contention... so would you split stay? or hang out at the GF all week..
All GF Although, I promised Brian he can go on Despicable Me so we can hit a day at US

I can't believe how much schoolwork I have...but I'm done for the week I have a paper next week so I'll start that this weekend Glad Sam made it to school

After our texted I came home and laid it out for DH...poor guy, there was some shhhhh. listen to me...and he is not happy. But he really just doesn't want me to overdo it. So when I pulled up an old quote and it was the same price for HRH CL and 4 day tix vs. GF GV 6 day tix and WP day...then I chalked on HRH parking fees, etc....

Our current trip...$5000ish

GF $4900

he just replied "We don't like the GF"

To which he got....

Bree~Daddy I love the Grand Floridian
HRH~Wait no snack room....well okay
Kate~Vacation is stupid (don't ask...she's all drama)
Brandon~It's Disney now? MOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM
Brian~YAY! I love the Grand Foridjan! I love you Mommy!

DH...yep all he can say is "It smells bad there" Ugh.

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 03-06-2013, 09:17 AM   #287
Piglets Mommy
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Hello lovelies!

They cancelled school today. So, in celebration of Jen's town getting a Target, we went out to pay ours a visit too. Got some brownie mix for some kitchen mess-making later with Miss M. Also grabbed Wreck-It Ralph for $12 with a coupon! (It's good, isn't it? The trailers looked funny.)

But here's the most exciting new for me anyway...

You know the Southwest email that arrived this morning announcing the sale through Oct. 30th, you know what that did, right? Of course, I checked the prices and -- $111 return? SOLD! The departing was only $135 each so I couldn't help myself. Oh boy. Hubs even said go for it. I guess, now that we've got the flights, it's official?

Wookie: I'm not sure about the location of the garden views. I'm absolutely positive someone on the YC/BC thread would know though.

Jen: What'd you get?! You know, without a doubt, I would've happily accompanied you shopping.

DetTigs: Thanks! Our winter has finally arrived. It's coming down quite fast now. Decided I would make our trip to the store early and it was dead. I wish other people would take the snow a bit more serious. Watched a woman on her cell (holding it to her face) slide around in front of me in the store parking lot. Seriously. If the slippery slush wasn't enough... let's add yapping on the phone as an additional distraction.
Woo Hoo!!! Yay to cheap flights! I we all have a $68 credit burning a hole in our pockets, but no good fares out of PHL right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
How did you enjoy the Diva trip Linda? I really want to start joining you ladies in a few years....it looks like great fun

Today is a hard day for DH , we are at the RCMP (police) station and he's giving his statement. He's been in the interview room for 1.5 Hours now. Hope he's holding up, as yesterday he was quite dizzy and icky feeling most of the day. He hasn't taken his antibiotic yet (amoxycillin) as its quite harsh on the stomach. Hope it's over soon!
A big hello and to you all
Marie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Marie - sending prayers and positive thoughts your way...

I am on day 2 of 3 staying home with DD. DH gets back home (traveling for work) tomorrow, so he has her Thursday and Friday. She's in good spirits but I think she's frustrated she can't go running after her brother or anything whenever she wants. They said they'll put a full cast on her on Friday. Hopefully she'll feel more comfortable with getting around then.

Anyway, just saying hello to everyone! Have a great day!
for you too. Hopefully she can move a little more in the full cast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Thanks, I'll go over there and ask.

I ended up not going to work with the DH today. I went to get JM up to get dressed for school a little early, so I could take a quick shower before getting him on the bus, and he had a fever. It was a 101.2, but he had been bundled up with a blanket. He makes a burrito out of himself and that blanket, including totally covering his head. Besides, the DH's car was done, and luckily it was only $215. I'm going to spend the day reading for school and watching school videos. I am totally not going to watch any more of Felicia Day's Flogs. Then tonight is my first night of class and my first real programming class.

Evidently, I had a moment of weakness on Sunday night, which was how the DH knew I really didn't feel good. I told him if he wanted to, I would put the WDW trip off until next year, and this summer we could do the train trip out to CA instead. He declined and then tucked me into bed.

ETA....
A friend just posted on her FB page that Disney is teaming up wit Vera Bradley to have a line of bags.
I want one so bad! I am normally not a big purse person, but the Vera Hipsters are a perfect park bag.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis! View Post
Hi RCers. We are back from our most magical long weekend at WDW. Our upgrade was pretty off-the-charts, I provided a link here of the room description and some pics:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=495

Otherwise the weather was perfect for us... not much over 60 any day. I know lots of you would prefer warmer. And actually most people wore hats, gloves and scarves, and were shivering just like this little dude... The crowds were pretty manageable although this year's early Spring Training schedule did bring more folks than usual.

Some thoughts about dining: Raglan Road was a great addition to our line-up and we will be eating there again. Somehow I had never eaten at Crystal Palace, so I decided it really was a must-do this time. With that great Castle view and really good character interaction and even pretty good food for a WDW buffet, I thought I should have loved it. But for whatever the reason I was not wowed by it at all. I probably won't be back again for quite a while given so many other more appealing choices. Chefs de France was nice enough. Service has always been flighty here IMO, but we still like the food enough to return.

Activities: The Fantasia golf course was fun. Long, long holes and simulated real golf greens provided us a few hours of good fun. Then we went back and played the mini-golf side! I am such a sucker for that stuff! Richard Petty Driving Experience was DHs favorite part of this trip. He liked the ride-along so much he now wants to return for the driving experience.

Next stop... OKW... or maybe I can sneak in another quickie between now and August. And I will attempt to play catch up over the next few days with all your goings-on.
Yay for your upgrade! Sounds like a great trip!
Quote:
Hi Ginny! Yes, I know! will look forward to seeing the designs... we do have a VB outlet near us...although most liklely we would never see them offered there...
Probably not, but you can be sure I will be stalking both the Vera AND Disney outlets for them
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
I have an interview tomorrow. I'm so nervous and I really hope I get it, but I heard lots of people applied for it.
Good luck!!!

And Happy Birthday to your Lily! They do grow up too fast!

Janet, I'm glad to hear Sam is feeling a little better today.

HI everybody!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-06-2013, 09:25 AM   #288
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:

On a mothering note....Joey just texted me and said he's having trouble with a kid (really want to call him a long string of non-Disney words with punk someone in the middle). Joey is close to 5'11" and according to Joey this kid is about the size of his brother. My instinct is to tell him to give him one good punch to make him stop. It's times like these, when being the adult, stinks. Today, he took the slushie Joey bought at lunch. I said, the next time you think he's gonna try that, throw it in his face.

This day is just going to heck in a hand basket. First, John is sick and now Joey is having trouble with a bully. I do not need these kind of distractions on a day I have programming class.
My oldest had a similar issue...my DH told him to fight back..he did. I don't codone violence, but the school didn't do much to help...SO when he was suspended for fighting (they both were) he spent the days playing Xbox..the disciplinarian agreed with my DH as well...I tell you I wouldn't go back through high school for anything Poor Joey..such a sweet kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Wookie: Sorry your DS is dealing with that situation, I had to speak to DD8's teacher this morning about a situation with a girl in her class.
I wish we lived closer...HRH would totally help your DD out She's got Kate and Bree as back up!

On a happy note..YAY for 3000 AND Target

Last edited by pas130; 03-06-2013 at 09:32 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-06-2013, 09:30 AM   #289
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglets Mommy View Post
for you too. Hopefully she can move a little more in the full cast.
I'm glad you wrote this...I knew I was forgetting stuff VB with Mickey!!!!!!!!!!!!!My dream bag!!!!!!!!!!!

Koh DD should eventually get around with the cast! She has a fiberglass splint now? Poor princess

Marie Hope DH is doing a little better with the meds and the pain...the last thing he needs is a long interview...jeez I get it but give the guy a rest..he just had major surgery

Old 03-06-2013, 09:33 AM   #290
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

When I do my quick scan over the posts... I find myself laughing at Pas' last little bit, your DH's assessment of the GF odor. I think Candace and I both agree with your DH. Don't hit me, don't HIT ME!

You know what I passed by two days ago? A road named Pas Ct. -- hubs was driving or I would've stopped to get a picture.

Koh: Congratulation on the new job!

Dani: Knock 'em dead. Got all appendages crossed for you. Happy birthday to your little princess!

Janet: Well, wasn't that a DUH moment for me! Here I thought it was some radically different schedule (well, it is compared to a "normal" school year around here). So glad she's almost back to her ol' self.

Jen: So, what were your impressions of Target? When we do a mass RC meet-up, we need to make sure there's no Target nearby or else there could be major trouble. That Our Generation line has some really nice stuff! I look at it longingly on occasion ... just in case Miss M has a change of heart.

Candace: Have you checked out Slickdeals for the $7 off Wreck-It coupon? It's good for the Combo Blu-Ray.

Piglet: Do you guys have Air Tran as an option too? I had to go and check all our old SW confirmation numbers to see if we had some magic credit lying around anywhere.

to anyone I've missed. Off to my torture session! Will chit-chat a bit later...
Old 03-06-2013, 09:39 AM   #291
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
I have an interview tomorrow. I'm so nervous and I really hope I get it, but I heard lots of people applied for it.
I just saw your post .....Hopeing you did well !

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 03-06-2013, 09:49 AM   #292
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Thanks guys. I'm actually not nervous. My sales speak for themselves and if it doesn't pan out then it wasn't meant to be.

Today is princess Lily's 2nd birthday and I'm very sad. I can't believe it has been two whole years already.
Dani I recall fondly the day Lili was born

Happy Birthday Lily!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
All GF Although, I promised Brian he can go on Despicable Me so we can hit a day at US

I can't believe how much schoolwork I have...but I'm done for the week I have a paper next week so I'll start that this weekend Glad Sam made it to school

After our texted I came home and laid it out for DH...poor guy, there was some shhhhh. listen to me...and he is not happy. But he really just doesn't want me to overdo it. So when I pulled up an old quote and it was the same price for HRH CL and 4 day tix vs. GF GV 6 day tix and WP day...then I chalked on HRH parking fees, etc....

GF $4900

To which he got....

Jeanette GF GF GF

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 03-06-2013, 09:49 AM   #293
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:

When I do my quick scan over the posts... I find myself laughing at Pas' last little bit, your DH's assessment of the GF odor. I think Candace and I both agree with your DH. Don't hit me, don't HIT ME!

You know what I passed by two days ago? A road named Pas Ct. -- hubs was driving or I would've stopped to get a picture.
Back in the day...I would've taken the sign

I understand the "smell" thing I won't hit ya I've been explaining all the benefits...monorail, boat, the grounds he liked...the beds were comfy...when I am happy, I make him happy (don't worry I will keep in G-rated for the thread ) 2 zero entry pools a water play area...it's by the CASTLE

My biggest argument is our last two summer trips were US/IoA it''s WDWs turn

Old 03-06-2013, 09:50 AM   #294
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Koh: Congratulation on the new job!

Dani: Knock 'em dead. Got all appendages crossed for you. Happy birthday to your little princess!

Janet: Well, wasn't that a DUH moment for me! Here I thought it was some radically different schedule (well, it is compared to a "normal" school year around here). So glad she's almost back to her ol' self.

Jen: So, what were your impressions of Target? When we do a mass RC meet-up, we need to make sure there's no Target nearby or else there could be major trouble. That Our Generation line has some really nice stuff! I look at it longingly on occasion ... just in case Miss M has a change of heart.

Candace: Have you checked out Slickdeals for the $7 off Wreck-It coupon? It's good for the Combo Blu-Ray.

Piglet: Do you guys have Air Tran as an option too? I had to go and check all our old SW confirmation numbers to see if we had some magic credit lying around anywhere.

I just checked that Slickdeals website, I've never been on it before. I don't see a $7 coupon, how do I find it??? Can I use it at Target?

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 03-06-2013, 09:54 AM   #295
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Jeanette GF GF GF
Oh I'm working on it Sheila!!

Old 03-06-2013, 10:01 AM   #296
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
I just checked that Slickdeals website, I've never been on it before. I don't see a $7 coupon, how do I find it??? Can I use it at Target?
Candace,
I was curious and took a look... it was on the bottom left for me... here is the link... (it makes you sign up for an account)

There is a spot to click on that reads "$7 printable coupon"

http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/9063...luraydvd-combo

Pas...

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!

Last edited by Janet B; 03-06-2013 at 10:07 AM.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:09 AM   #297
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
I hope all goes well today.

Quote:
Wookie, thank you for the VB link.... I really like the designs. Really sorry that your sweet Joey has to deal with a bullying situation..hope this gets resolves quickly.
Me too!! I really want the Midnight with Mickey in the Hipster and Mini-Hipster bags.

Quote:
I hope everything works out quickly for your son and the bulky situation...and yes, I do hear that slushies give wonderful facials...
Thank you. I hope it works out without violence. When I told him to do it, it made me think of Glee.

Quote:
I feel like my life is on a conveyor belt stuck on fast....just so stinking busy. But, I've also been studying for a test I have to take next Thursday...one of four tests that will get me a nice raise, so I have to focus! I'm trying to get 2 tests done prior to my trip so....
I feel the same same way. I think it's so funny that when I was a kid, life was on slo-mo. Then I became an adult and someone has put life on fast forward and is trying to rush the ending.

Quote:
I'm also waiting to hear what my merit raise will be at work...we should be finding out soon, and if you'll recall...the remainder of what my employer is willing to meet me at (from what I asked for) should be coming in that raise....and I just got an excellent performance evaluation!!! Just sayin......

Have a great day everyone!!! Hugs!
I hope it is more than you think it will be.

Quote:
Thanks guys. I'm actually not nervous. My sales speak for themselves and if it doesn't pan out then it wasn't meant to be.

Today is princess Lily's 2nd birthday and I'm very sad. I can't believe it has been two whole years already.
Happy Birthday to Princess Lily!!!

Quote:
I want one so bad! I am normally not a big purse person, but the Vera Hipsters are a perfect park bag.

HI everybody!
I have been thinking about taking my Mini-Hipster with me this next trip. On June trip, we took a backpack and I'm not sure if I want to take it again this trip.

Quote:
My oldest had a similar issue...my DH told him to fight back..he did. I don't codone violence, but the school didn't do much to help...SO when he was suspended for fighting (they both were) he spent the days playing Xbox..the disciplinarian agreed with my DH as well...I tell you I wouldn't go back through high school for anything Poor Joey..such a sweet kid
Your DH's advice was the same I gave Joey. My DH, well I had to tell Joey to ignore his father. The DH said if he got the chance, to act like he tripped and stab him with a pencil just deep enough to break the lead into him. I literally smacked DH for telling him that, well on the arm anyway.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 03-06-2013, 10:10 AM   #298
Piglets Mommy
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

Quote:

We do, but ever since they merged with Southwest, neither airline has had as many good deals out of PHL (although I can't complain too much, because that's how we wound up with our credit...fare dropped alot) But it needs to be used by July 6, and there are no good deals anywhere right now for us on Southwest. I am also anxiously awaiting the release of fares for my WDW dates in Nov. Right now it is through Nov. 1.
Quote:
Back in the day...I would've taken the sign

I understand the "smell" thing I won't hit ya I've been explaining all the benefits...monorail, boat, the grounds he liked...the beds were comfy...when I am happy, I make him happy (don't worry I will keep in G-rated for the thread ) 2 zero entry pools a water play area...it's by the CASTLE

My biggest argument is our last two summer trips were US/IoA it''s WDWs turn
My hubby calls the Disney travel shows my porn.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:17 AM   #299
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:

GF $4900

To which he got....

Simply point out to DH that you are saving him $100 staying at the GF over HRH... If worlds colide and we are at Disney the same time , will the Pas mobile hold 2 more peeps for US? Your dates fall under my original BB...

Love the reactions from the kids!!

Way to go on your studies!! Happy that your homework is finished for the week... here is a sticker for you!

TY Kook!
Old 03-06-2013, 10:23 AM   #300
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you. I hope it works out without violence. When I told him to do it, it made me think of Glee.
I did as well..

Quote:
I feel the same same way. I think it's so funny that when I was a kid, life was on slo-mo. Then I became an adult and someone has put life on fast forward and is trying to rush the ending.
that sums it up perfectly Wookie...

Quote:
My hubby calls the Disney travel shows my porn.

TY Kook!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: