Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 07:12 AM   #2956
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Safe travels Dani!!!! Have an amazing trip!!! I can't wait to hear what you think about the new rooms!

I've got a road trip of my own tonight!!!!! It's NKOTB at Mohegan Sun with my girlfriends tonight!!!!

We are cutting out of work at noon today to hit the road. It's a 2.5 hour ride down to CT and we have dinner reservations at 5:15, show at 7:30 and private after party with DONNIE WAHLBERG from 10-2!!!!!!

We obviously have a room down there and will be back tomorrow night. I'm just looking forward to fun time with the girlfriends!

DH is all but, he did make me a really awesome NKOTB tank top....he's so good to me!!
Sounds like you have quite the night out with the girls planned! Have a blast!

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 05-31-2013, 07:43 AM   #2957
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone! We are all boarded and awaiting takeoff in about 15 minutes
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-31-2013, 08:25 AM   #2958
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
62 days until we get to Orlando, 64 until we check into AKL!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
I can't wait until my countdown is that low.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Have a great (illness-free) vacation, Dani!

Gotta run - I'll be back this afternoon. Oooo, I just hit 14,000 on this here thread
Grats on the 14,000 posts!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
wookie sounds very stressful
It really has been. The worst part is the lady next door has been keeping track of when this lady is leaving. She has an in home day care in her home and she hasn't been happy with how much this other lady has been leaving me. She has been letting my friend know how much I've been left alone and has been stressing on vacation about it. Yesterday I had to pick up Joey from school. He kept texting me complaining about his tailbone (he slipped and hit it on some kind of pole in athletics) and a headache. Well when I tried to call the number he gave me for what I though was the nurse (but ended up being the trainer) he just rang and didn't go to voicemail. When I tried to call the main number to the high school it went straight to voicemail. Since I couldn't get any on the phone, I decided to just pick him up. They were having some ceremony for the seniors. When it was over all the non Seniors lined the hallways (that had a ton of streamers hanging everywhere) and they walked the halls (to the cheers of the rest of the school) in their gowns (no caps). Well since the office aids are all seniors, they had no office aids. I was told to text my child and if I couldn't text him. It took him 1/2 an hour to get my text. It was taking me so long that the woman that was supposed to have been with me, texted the lady next door and asked if one of her teenage daughters (who are homeschooled) could come over and watch the kids until I got back.

Quote:
Gonna be Hot and Humid again today was like pea soup out there this morning.

Have a good day All!
I haven't even looked at the weather. I hope it's not like that here.

Quote:
Safe travels Dani!!!! Have an amazing trip!!! I can't wait to hear what you think about the new rooms!

I've got a road trip of my own tonight!!!!! It's NKOTB at Mohegan Sun with my girlfriends tonight!!!!

We are cutting out of work at noon today to hit the road. It's a 2.5 hour ride down to CT and we have dinner reservations at 5:15, show at 7:30 and private after party with DONNIE WAHLBERG from 10-2!!!!!!

We obviously have a room down there and will be back tomorrow night. I'm just looking forward to fun time with the girlfriends!

DH is all but, he did make me a really awesome NKOTB tank top....he's so good to me!!
Sounds like an awesome time!!

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 05-31-2013, 10:47 AM   #2959
Janet B
DIS Veteran

TGIF!!! Well I don't think I will ever be able to go back and catch up! Know that I've been peeking in and reading the past few days. Sending out big hugs to all our our wonderful RC moms

Wookie, sorry you have had so much stress from the lack of help. It's almost over!

Kook, :yay for 14,000!! Wow!!

MM, have a fabulous time with your girlfriends!!

Pas, congrats I the GF RC! Now when will you tell DH? Or can you pull off it must be a magical upgrade hon? : laughing:

Magic, sorry that you were sick on your AKL trip hopefully your July trip will be much better!

Sheila, after the scare, hope DH seriously takes better care of himself. btw it's going to be in the low 90s today!

Love to all my RC Peeps! It's been a stressful few days at work due to layoffs - no one saw it coming. I was not effected but my 4 friends in the legal dept. were so sad ...changes are still coming in the Company. We've been told they are re-doing the admin role. due to the layoffs I will be picking up 2 more attorneys. How nice the company laid off mostly support personnel. How bout the high dollar executives? perhaps cutting their bonuses would of made it unnecessary to layoff so many.

On a happy note ...Got a text from Dani - she's landed!!! making her way to ME!!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!

Last edited by Janet B; 05-31-2013 at 10:58 AM.
Old 05-31-2013, 11:51 AM   #2960
pas130
DIS Veteran

Posting quickly from my phone. Yay SIS is in Disney!!! Kook 14,000 posts! WOW!

Welcome to Cotillard! Glad you've joined our happy family!

OK Candace...Donnie...OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lucky gal.

So layoffs may be in the Pas future as well. I have 1 job to fall back on. But my hours are being drastically cut...so guess what...summer vacation may just be a beach trip. I am so upset, I was just told last night.

Bye bye ticker...I may be absent for awhile my friends...I am pretty peeved
Old 05-31-2013, 12:23 PM   #2961
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Hello ladies.

Dani: Yaaaaaaaaaaay! Glad you've made it and looking forward to pics (did I mention that before??) We're all living vicariously through you.

Pas: Oh no. Good vibes your way...

Jen: Howdy!

Janet: And to you, my friend. Hope you can take your mind off it this weekend. (Isn't it typical? That's how every company I've ever worked for operated. Schmucks. )

Wooks: Hang in there.

MM: Have a blast! Try not to faint, okay? Will you be able to take pics there?

Kooks: Holy POST COUNT, Batwoman!

Sheila: Yes! More money for your "Next Disney Trip" fund. That's the best sorta piggy bank. We're suffering from pea soup here, too.

Koh: You're not entertaining any "change" thoughts are you?!

to all of you.

~~----------------------~~

Did I mention I got my last AP voucher yesterday? It's a bit of a scary prospect really. I'll get over it, I'm sure. Miss M's coming down with something (again) so back to the nebulizer and off to stock up on cold meds. Poor kid. If only our weather would stop changing, I swear that -- and being in the petri-dish known as elementary school -- has something to do with it.
Old 05-31-2013, 12:33 PM   #2962
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Hello ladies.

Dani: Yaaaaaaaaaaay! Glad you've made it and looking forward to pics (did I mention that before??) We're all living vicariously through you.

Pas: Oh no. Good vibes your way...

Jen: Howdy!

Janet: And to you, my friend. Hope you can take your mind off it this weekend. (Isn't it typical? That's how every company I've ever worked for operated. Schmucks. )

Wooks: Hang in there.

MM: Have a blast! Try not to faint, okay? Will you be able to take pics there?

Sheila: Yes! More money for your "Next Disney Trip" fund. That's the best sorta piggy bank. We're suffering from pea soup here, too.

Koh: You're not entertaining any "change" thoughts are you?!

to all of you.

Did I mention I got my last AP voucher yesterday? It's a bit of a scary prospect really. I'll get over it, I'm sure. Miss M's coming down with something (again) so back to the nebulizer and off to stock up on cold meds. Poor kid. If only our weather would stop changing, I swear that -- and being in the petri-dish known as elementary school -- has something to do with it.
I hope she gets better soon.

I hate to say this out loud (or write is rather), but things are really quiet. I only have the 2 infants and 4 older kids. One infant is sleeping, and the other is drinking a bottle in a bouncy. The big kids are all eating lunch and then it's nap time.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 05-31-2013, 12:57 PM   #2963
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Pas, my friend those idiots in mgmt will see that the ER can't operate without more nurses ... And the transport will come thru ...your boss acted too hastily ... Lots of positive vibes and pixie dust for you ... Love ya!

Miss, thanks my friend I'm good, much better than my friends that have no job whatever comes my way I will deal with it! Change is always good right? Our RC peeps will definitely agree on this

Hope our Miss M feels better soon and she won't need the nebulizer much ... Lets see now ... 7 days??

Wookie, it only jinxes you if you say it out loud! hoping you have a really peaceful rest of the day too

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 05-31-2013, 01:30 PM   #2964
MAGIC...itis!
Closer to Fulfilling My Quest to Stay at Every Resort...So far... AKL, ASmo, ASmu, ASsp, BC.3, BLT, BWI.2, CBR, CR.4, CSR.2, GF, OKW, POFQ, POL.3, POP.2, POR.9, WL, YC.2

Location: RC Land ________________________ My banana won't dance... might this be a sign?

Quote:
So, if I were leaving it up to you guys....what CL would you want my family to try next April? I am at a loss, so knowing where we have stayed and what we like, what would you chose for us next???
I say AKL CL for your next stay!!! Yahoo, enjoy Mr Wahlberg.

Quote:
Oooo, I just hit 14,000 on this here thread
Way to go, post mistress!

Quote:
I am starting to stress over my Poly trip in November. Tikiman is saying SOA may end Oct 1 due to the start of DVC construction. That could mean my dream of staying in the Fiji Longhouse on the Luau Cove side might be a nightmare ? Was still debating about booking SOA on our cabana day instead of going to a park, thus having an all Poly Day but now if the show is stopping? Ugh .......... So was up shortly after 3 am and checked my flights again and much to my surprise my return flight dropped again. I guess I should have waited to buy, so I banked another $32 in credits $16 ea tix, now I have $82 towards my next trip
You are banking the buckaroos! That can only mean one thing... even more WDW is in your future. ......... We did the same plan last year: pool and cabana day followed by SOA at night. It was such fun a relaxing day. I am such a WDW purist and I will catch hell for saying this but I just don't like SOA. So what is the deal with the new Villas vs SOA? Is SOA closing for good, moving, or refurbing? I haven't been to Tikiman in a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Love to all my RC Peeps! It's been a stressful few days at work due to layoffs - no one saw it coming. I was not effected but my 4 friends in the legal dept. were so sad ...changes are still coming in the Company. We've been told they are re-doing the admin role. due to the layoffs I will be picking up 2 more attorneys. How nice the company laid off mostly support personnel. How bout the high dollar executives? perhaps cutting their bonuses would of made it unnecessary to layoff so many.
Oh man, oh man!! That is a sad state of affairs. I hope you get a good final outcome when the dust settles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Dani - she's landed!!! :woohoo
Have a fabulous time Dani!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
So layoffs may be in the Pas future as well. I have 1 job to fall back on. But my hours are being drastically cut...so guess what...summer vacation may just be a beach trip. I am so upset, I was just told last night. Bye bye ticker...I may be absent for awhile my friends...I am pretty peeved
Hang tight, pas130. Let it all shake out and hopefully it will be a more clear outlook for the decision makers, and for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
62 days until we get to Orlando, 64 until we check into AKL!!
Not long now for you! I wish I was back at the pool right now.
Old 05-31-2013, 01:40 PM   #2965
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
I hate to say this out loud (or write is rather), but things are really quiet. I only have the 2 infants and 4 older kids. One infant is sleeping, and the other is drinking a bottle in a bouncy. The big kids are all eating lunch and then it's nap time.
Did you jinx yourself? I always felt that way when Miss M still napped.

Quote:
Hope our Miss M feels better soon and she won't need the nebulizer much ... Lets see now ... 7 days??
Thanks, been plying her with meds. Hopefully the weekend will help. 5 days, actually. OMG! I never stopped to count. We arrive on Wednesday after school. She still doesn't know about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis! View Post
Not long now for you! I wish I was back at the pool right now.
There's our lovely Magic. I've been remiss. (I knew I'd forgotten to reply to something ) So sorry about your less-than-stellar vacation.
Old 05-31-2013, 01:47 PM   #2966
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Wookie - ugh! Hang in there!!!! Is today your last day at the day care?

Janet - sorry for the turmoil at work, but thankful you made the cut!

Jeanette - my fingers are crossed for you that something works out!!!!

Miss - sorry Miss M isn't feeling so hot! Need to get her better before WDW!!!!!

Hugs to all!!!
Melissa

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 05-31-2013, 01:54 PM   #2967
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

MAGIC: I do hope you're better now. There is nothing worse than being sick away from home. You really need a "do-over"

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
So, after relaxing at my parents and the beach last weekend I was thinking maybe I didn't want to do a week of Disney next year, watching the kids swim is so much more relaxing than park hoping all day. So I mentioned this to DH, thinking he would jump all over the saving money part and the fact that he really does not love Disney. But he looked at me like I had three heads....so I replied that I know it is for the kids and we do always have a good time. He replied with a quick yep and that ended the conversation.

I just pulled all my resies and notes from last summer when we started our booking frenzy, not a single resie stayed as it was booked Resorts changed, dates changed, trips added, etc. I will be shocked it BLT stands as it was originally booked I cannot wait until Aug when I can book ADR's, I hate having a trip that I cant really plan yet

Melissa
I completely understand, Melissa. When I canceled WDW due to DH not being able to take two weeks off at once, I proposed two one week vacations that we could drive to in a day and both DH and DD were surprised. While we do go places other than WDW, DH and DD don't believe I can go very long without a WDW vacation thrown into the mix. Even though DD usually seems to take for granted our frequent WDW trips, now that I've canceled, she's disappointed and wants to go. Kids

None of my reservations stay the same either (thank goodness for this thread), so I understand how you don't think you'll keep BLT. I think your trip seems far off now so when August comes and you can book ADRs, you'll be back in planning mode and feeling it again for BLT

Quote:
Kooksterama!
It's the Packing Cubester Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotillard View Post
Thank you, Kind Enablers

WDWKOOK - Thanks. The BLT and BC in 2010 were a split stay. That trip was heavenly.
WL club in Oct. that same year was REALLY nice. We were so impressed in their food offerings (BLT and WL CL must've been an awesome split!)
And, yes, I did treat myself to AKL CL in 2011 when I ran the Princess half marathon. That was a solo trip and I loved AKL! Big time! Unfortunately, for my June dates it's something like $459 + tax per night, so I'm thinking more like pool view, which I've heard can be lovely.

This is my problem - I want to stay at all the Deluxe resorts, over and over again. You guys obviously understand.

Thank you all for the warm welcome
We've got your number. I keep repeating WL and CR over and over, try something else, then miss WL and CR. I've even thought I'd love a FWC (except for those double beds), what is it about the lure of the wilderness?

Quote:

KOOk Them's a lot of posts
Yeah, I've had a lot to say

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post

Grats on the 14,000 posts!!
Why, thank you!

Quote:
Kook, for 14,000!! Wow!!

On a happy note ...Got a text from Dani - she's landed!!! making her way to ME!!
Thanks, Janet and where have all the DIS years gone?

UGH, this of course means much more work for you and lower morale. Sorry about all the changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Posting quickly from my phone. Yay SIS is in Disney!!! Kook 14,000 posts! WOW!

So layoffs may be in the Pas future as well. I have 1 job to fall back on. But my hours are being drastically cut...so guess what...summer vacation may just be a beach trip. I am so upset, I was just told last night.

Bye bye ticker...I may be absent for awhile my friends...I am pretty peeved
WOAH...waitaminutehere, I don't like this no ticker business for you, but I understand you have to do what's best. Maybe you won't be laid off? Maybe the ticker will magically reappear? If not, we'll get you through this - this thread is nothing without your changes

Quote:

Does this mean I get a CAPE?! To the CHANGE cave, Robin!

YipPEE for the AP! Don't forget your TiW after you exchange your voucher. I'm sorry that your little one is coming down with something again. Can we blame Cicadas?
Old 05-31-2013, 02:13 PM   #2968
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Miss - sorry Miss M isn't feeling so hot! Need to get her better before WDW!!!!!
Thank ya. Going to try the mega-dose vitamin C and see if that helps, too. Nabbed some organic blueberries from Whole Foods for $2 a punnet... gotta throw them down her gob by the handful now.

Is today the last day of school for your two?!

Quote:
MAGIC: I do hope you're better now. There is nothing worse than being sick away from home. You really need a "do-over"
Yes, a "do-over" sans germs is required!

Quote:
Does this mean I get a CAPE?! To the CHANGE cave, Robin!

YipPEE for the AP! Don't forget your TiW after you exchange your voucher. I'm sorry that your little one is coming down with something again. Can we blame Cicadas?
The Change Cave is turning into more of a cavernous lair with all of us changelings.

Cicadas? Oh my. Is it that time again? One of those extremely rare instances where I don't miss living on the east coast. I do love the din that they create... just not the crunchy ground so much.
Old 05-31-2013, 02:29 PM   #2969
babyberger
DIS Veteran

KOOK - I am still thinking BLT is best, know we love CR so it's a good fit. I was looking at the thread with all views trying to decide of I want north or south. At first the kids were saying north side so they could see MK and fireworks but after showing them the south side views with Epcot and AK in the distance they decided they like that. We go through the same issue when staying at CR. I keep thinking maybe we should just stay at CR to save money, but I think I would likely need to be institutionalized after sharing one room with my kiddos Do you have your summer trips booked? I am sure DD will have a great time and will just appreciate WDW that much more when you finally get back there.

Miss - I saw that Whole Foods had the blueberries on sale, I just never made it over there. I really hope all the vitamin C works like pixie dust oh and congrats on the AP's!!! Like Kook said, make sure you get the TiW!! You'll probably recoup the cost on alcohol alone, LOL!!!

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 05-31-2013, 03:03 PM   #2970
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Miss - I saw that Whole Foods had the blueberries on sale, I just never made it over there. I really hope all the vitamin C works like pixie dust oh and congrats on the AP's!!! Like Kook said, make sure you get the TiW!! You'll probably recoup the cost on alcohol alone, LOL!!!

You know it! Just ordered my case of water to ensure there will be no dehydration from making use of that TiW card.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: