Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 09:00 PM   #2941
Cotillard
Mouseketeer

Thank you too, Missoutandabout I agree, Poly and BC would be hard to beat

º Grand Floridian July 2005 ○ Grand Floridian CL Dec 2005 ○ Polynesian April 2006 ○ Polynesian CL March 2007 ○ Boardwalk Inn CL April 2008 ○ Bay Lake Tower May 2010 ○ Beach Club June 2010 ○ Wilderness Lodge CL Oct 2010 ○ AKL CL Feb 2011 º Boardwalk Inn October 2011 º POR Royal Room March 2012 º Beach Club June 2013 º
Old 05-30-2013, 11:37 PM   #2942
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotillard View Post

Thank you, Kind Enablers

WDWKOOK - Thanks. The BLT and BC in 2010 were a split stay. That trip was heavenly.
WL club in Oct. that same year was REALLY nice. We were so impressed in their food offerings (BLT and WL CL must've been an awesome split!)
And, yes, I did treat myself to AKL CL in 2011 when I ran the Princess half marathon. That was a solo trip and I loved AKL! Big time! Unfortunately, for my June dates it's something like $459 + tax per night, so I'm thinking more like pool view, which I've heard can be lovely.

This is my problem - I want to stay at all the Deluxe resorts, over and over again. You guys obviously understand.

Thank you all for the warm welcome
I have booked AKL pool view for our August trip! 7 nights!! (If DH wasn't against the idea, I SO wanted to do a split stay with Poly or CR!) but alas, with the 2 kids and driving and staying offsite 2 nights as it is...no split stay for us.

Welcome! You are in the right place! :-)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-31-2013, 12:05 AM   #2943
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

I think now I am way to far behind to be able to catch up.

I swear by the time this week is over, I'm going to have to buy a wig because I won't have any hair left. So the lady that was supposed to be there with me this week, hadn't exactly been there the whole time. Her live in boyfriend's step dad, the man that raised him, was found dead in his apartment on Monday after being dead for 2 - 3 days. Now this is a man that was in bad enough health that he should have been living with someone and couldn't get up to use the restroom most of the time, yet no one checks on him for several day. Anyway, she has used every excuse under the sun to leave. One time it was because her boyfriend is supposed to be in a wedding this weekend and one of the step dad's favorite bbq places is right beside the store he has to pick up his shirts, and she just can't let him go by himself. Then today it was, "he's go over to the step dad's empty apartment to say good bye to the apartment, but my older kids get out at 2:45 and then I'll be back here by 3" A little later she texts the lady next door, who has her own in home day care and tells her to pick up her older kids from school, because she won't make it back in time. Meanwhile, I have her youngest child. She never sends me a text or tells me anything. When she comes to pick up her youngest, I could tell she just wanted to grab and go. Luckily after finding I had 7 bigger kids (that weren't behaving well) and 2 infants (who were both not happy) she stayed for an hour. Tomorrow I will be by myself again since the memorial service is at 10:30, right before lunch. WOOT!! I need a drink.....and a big one. Someone get their magic wand out and Bibbity-Bobbity-Fairy-Godmother-poof me to Disney World please.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 05-31-2013, 12:15 AM   #2944
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

We are all packed and ready to go. I'm hitting the hay. 4:30 will roll around quickly!
Old 05-31-2013, 12:23 AM   #2945
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
We are all packed and ready to go. I'm hitting the hay. 4:30 will roll around quickly!
Yeah!! Safe travels tomorrow!! :-)

Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 05-31-2013, 12:24 AM   #2946
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Have safe travels and a magical trip.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 05-31-2013, 12:24 AM   #2947
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post

I swear by the time this week is over, I'm going to have to buy a wig because I won't have any hair left. So the lady that was supposed to be there with me this week, hadn't exactly been there the whole time. Her live in boyfriend's step dad, the man that raised him, was found dead in his apartment on Monday after being dead for 2 - 3 days. Now this is a man that was in bad enough health that he should have been living with someone and couldn't get up to use the restroom most of the time, yet no one checks on him for several day. Anyway, she has used every excuse under the sun to leave. One time it was because her boyfriend is supposed to be in a wedding this weekend and one of the step dad's favorite bbq places is right beside the store he has to pick up his shirts, and she just can't let him go by himself. Then today it was, "he's go over to the step dad's empty apartment to say good bye to the apartment, but my older kids get out at 2:45 and then I'll be back here by 3" A little later she texts the lady next door, who has her own in home day care and tells her to pick up her older kids from school, because she won't make it back in time. Meanwhile, I have her youngest child. She never sends me a text or tells me anything. When she comes to pick up her youngest, I could tell she just wanted to grab and go. Luckily after finding I had 7 bigger kids (that weren't behaving well) and 2 infants (who were both not happy) she stayed for an hour. Tomorrow I will be by myself again since the memorial service is at 10:30, right before lunch. WOOT!! I need a drink.....and a big one. Someone get their magic wand out and Bibbity-Bobbity-Fairy-Godmother-poof me to Disney World please.
So sorry it's been more stressful than you'd originally thought, but glad you're still hanging in there and have at least a little hair left, right?? :-) *hugs*. Just one more day!!

Old 05-31-2013, 12:44 AM   #2948
letthewookiewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
So sorry it's been more stressful than you'd originally thought, but glad you're still hanging in there and have at least a little hair left, right?? :-) *hugs*. Just one more day!!

Thanks and yep, only one more day. On the bright side we are only 99 days from starting our drive to WDW and the DH really wants to stay at the Swan the night before we check into the AKL. We were thinking of trying to get from Biloxi to Gainsville, but then I realized that Orlando is just a couple of more hours. We have always wanted to stay at the Swan, because our last name is Swann. If we do book the Swan we'll check into the Swan in 100 days and the AKL in 101.

Old 05-31-2013, 12:53 AM   #2949
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks and yep, only one more day. On the bright side we are only 99 days from starting our drive to WDW and the DH really wants to stay at the Swan the night before we check into the AKL. We were thinking of trying to get from Biloxi to Gainsville, but then I realized that Orlando is just a couple of more hours. We have always wanted to stay at the Swan, because our last name is Swann. If we do book the Swan we'll check into the Swan in 100 days and the AKL in 101.
62 days until we get to Orlando, 64 until we check into AKL!!

Old 05-31-2013, 05:32 AM   #2950
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Have a great (illness-free) vacation, Dani!

Gotta run - I'll be back this afternoon. Oooo, I just hit 14,000 on this here thread
Old 05-31-2013, 05:50 AM   #2951
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:

wookie sounds very stressful

Quote:
Dani Safe Travels

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Have a great (illness-free) vacation, Dani!

Gotta run - I'll be back this afternoon. Oooo, I just hit 14,000 on this here thread
KOOk Them's a lot of posts

So was up shortly after 3 am and checked my flights again and much to my surprise my return flight dropped again. I guess I should have waited to buy, so I banked another $32 in credits $16 ea tix, now I have $82 towards my next trip

Gonna be Hot and Humid again today was like pea soup out there this morning.

Have a good day All!

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 05-31-2013, 06:38 AM   #2952
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Safe travels Dani!!!! Have an amazing trip!!! I can't wait to hear what you think about the new rooms!

I've got a road trip of my own tonight!!!!! It's NKOTB at Mohegan Sun with my girlfriends tonight!!!!

We are cutting out of work at noon today to hit the road. It's a 2.5 hour ride down to CT and we have dinner reservations at 5:15, show at 7:30 and private after party with DONNIE WAHLBERG from 10-2!!!!!!

We obviously have a room down there and will be back tomorrow night. I'm just looking forward to fun time with the girlfriends!

DH is all but, he did make me a really awesome NKOTB tank top....he's so good to me!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 05-31-2013, 06:40 AM   #2953
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

DANI!! Safe travels and have a wonderful trip!!!
Old 05-31-2013, 06:55 AM   #2954
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Dani, Have a great vacation!!

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
Old 05-31-2013, 07:05 AM   #2955
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Safe travels Dani!!!! Have an amazing trip!!! I can't wait to hear what you think about the new rooms!

I've got a road trip of my own tonight!!!!! It's NKOTB at Mohegan Sun with my girlfriends tonight!!!!

We are cutting out of work at noon today to hit the road. It's a 2.5 hour ride down to CT and we have dinner reservations at 5:15, show at 7:30 and private after party with DONNIE WAHLBERG from 10-2!!!!!!

We obviously have a room down there and will be back tomorrow night. I'm just looking forward to fun time with the girlfriends!

DH is all but, he did make me a really awesome NKOTB tank top....he's so good to me!!
Have fun!! SO jealous!! :-)

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: