Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 10:39 AM   #2866
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR PRINCESS KATE!!!!
Old 05-28-2013, 10:41 AM   #2867
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
It's almost a $2000 savings if I do CR GW. $250/nt with AP rate per room....if we used the lounge more perhaps I could kinda justify it. But our priority this trip is easy transportation and close to the pool....oh and a beachy area and pool slide...I could've switched back to CSR BC, but I don't wanna

The Wyndham Grand Orlando has a room on the executive level for $207/nt it sleeps 7...it's by CBR, but offsite technically..... Nevertheless we are going to WDW
jeanette Our first 2 trips we stayed offsite but this was back when there were few rooms available onsite, once we stayed onsite we never looked back. I see great deals but I just can not book offsite.

Quote:
Thanks Krystal

Her wish is to give out snacks to the teachers and principal as well...she is a sweetie...you had to see her with 5 dozen donuts this morning
Jeanette I can just picture Kate smiling from ear to ear with the excitement of shareing her Birthday treats

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-28-2013, 01:04 PM   #2868
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR PRINCESS KATE!!!!
Thanks Mama!! It's a dreary day here, but her cake is decorated just perfectly. She wanted Mom to make it It's vanilla with chocolate frosting. Three Layers (the fourth layer broke) I was a little bummed. I got a 72 on a test just now...but I didn't put any effort into studying...I have Spring fever...my average is now a 87 so far...that's still good I guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
jeanette Our first 2 trips we stayed offsite but this was back when there were few rooms available onsite, once we stayed onsite we never looked back. I see great deals but I just can not book offsite.

Jeanette I can just picture Kate smiling from ear to ear with the excitement of shareing her Birthday treats
She is too much. Daddy bought her heart shaped donuts and she even has pretty shoes on.

Sheila, I am NOT feeling the offsite choices. They are beautiful, but we LIKE the buses. I should call and grab the GW rooms!!!
Old 05-28-2013, 01:45 PM   #2869
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks Mama!! It's a dreary day here, but her cake is decorated just perfectly. She wanted Mom to make it It's vanilla with chocolate frosting. Three Layers (the fourth layer broke) I was a little bummed. I got a 72 on a test just now...but I didn't put any effort into studying...I have Spring fever...my average is now a 87 so far...that's still good I guess

She is too much. Daddy bought her heart shaped donuts and she even has pretty shoes on.

Sheila, I am NOT feeling the offsite choices. They are beautiful, but we LIKE the buses. I should call and grab the GW rooms!!!
If there are GW rooms available, snag them! You can always change later! LOL. :-)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 05-28-2013, 01:50 PM   #2870
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
If there are GW rooms available, snag them! You can always change later! LOL. :-)

I agree ! Dial Now!

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 05-28-2013, 01:52 PM   #2871
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post

I agree ! Dial Now!
We're such enablers! :-)

Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 05-28-2013, 01:56 PM   #2872
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Koh, you are wise. Hey Pas, if you're thinking GF sounds great, you might want to go ahead and reserve it!

I'll be back later today to catch up! Sending hugs to all the friends.
Old 05-28-2013, 01:59 PM   #2873
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Hello Ladies!!!

I have been continuing to lurk in the background...

I hope everyone is doing well!!!

I have been thinking a lot about next years trip.

I have taken down my ticker, because I am torn over where to stay and even when to go.

My family all votes for WL, but I still really want to try the Poly, even with construction...I mean, how bad can it be??

But, also, I am thinking maybe we should do next August instead...I know it will be dreadfully hot (but we did survive July) but it will be cheaper, we can go for a longer period of time. I am certain the Mine Train will be done by then, and most of all....

I think the longer break in between trips will make my girls more appreciative of it....yeah, I am having some major mommy guilt. I think my kids are spoiled. And it's our fault. These girls want for nothing, have everything, and I don't think they know how lucky they are.

I feel like no matter how much we do for them, they want more. It's never enough to do X, because they want X,Y & Z!!!

My oldest is pretty good about helping around the house and stuff, but my little one is horrible...it's like pulling teeth to get her to do stuff. And her whining...oh, the whining....

I feel like we are not doing them any favors by catering to their every need. They are quickly developing that sense of entitlement that DH and I detest so very much. Even when we discuss Disney trips, DD9 says "it better have a snack room"...WHAT!?!?!?!

I don't know what to do...but I feel like action is needed, right now.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 05-28-2013, 02:09 PM   #2874
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Aw Candace, I am sorry you are feeling like this. We know how hard you and your DH work to provide those awesome trips for your kiddos. If it makes you feel any better, my DD7 is going through a similar whiny "I want" phase. I really think it is partially the age.

I think we cannot expect them to 'get it' as an adult would. I truly didn't appreciate everything my parents did for me until I had my own kids. Now everyday I appreciate what they did. Every small vacation (they had no money when we were little), every trip to the beach, now I know what it takes to get to take those trips.

With a mom and dad like you two, you are already laying the ground work for good kids. Don't be discouraged. I know what you mean about the CL thing though, I may downgrade us to POR just to take it back a notch for them. We will see.

Ironically I just started this thread on the Community Board. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3118378

I often wonder if we are doing the right thing for the kiddos too. HUGS!!! I am right here with you.
Old 05-28-2013, 02:13 PM   #2875
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Hello Ladies!!!

I have been continuing to lurk in the background...

I hope everyone is doing well!!!

I have been thinking a lot about next years trip.

I have taken down my ticker, because I am torn over where to stay and even when to go.

My family all votes for WL, but I still really want to try the Poly, even with construction...I mean, how bad can it be??

But, also, I am thinking maybe we should do next August instead...I know it will be dreadfully hot (but we did survive July) but it will be cheaper, we can go for a longer period of time. I am certain the Mine Train will be done by then, and most of all....

I think the longer break in between trips will make my girls more appreciative of it....yeah, I am having some major mommy guilt. I think my kids are spoiled. And it's our fault. These girls want for nothing, have everything, and I don't think they know how lucky they are.

I feel like no matter how much we do for them, they want more. It's never enough to do X, because they want X,Y & Z!!!

My oldest is pretty good about helping around the house and stuff, but my little one is horrible...it's like pulling teeth to get her to do stuff. And her whining...oh, the whining....

I feel like we are not doing them any favors by catering to their every need. They are quickly developing that sense of entitlement that DH and I detest so very much. Even when we discuss Disney trips, DD9 says "it better have a snack room"...WHAT!?!?!?!

I don't know what to do...but I feel like action is needed, right now.
I completely understand...DS is becoming a spoiled brat. He's 6 and finishing up kindergarten...some days he's so sweet and plays with his little sister without even being asked or anything. Then other days, he will hardly lift a finger even when asked multiple times to help clean up or put something away. And our last trip was so full of whining I was ready to say no to Disney. He complained about being hot and his feet hurt and he wanted some toy, etc. 10 minutes after we'd just bought something else, etc. it was madness! It was also the first time we'd gone with his sister so of course she was in the stroller and he walked. He just didn't seem at all appreciative. Not sure how to get that back though...

Old 05-28-2013, 02:18 PM   #2876
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Aw Candace, I am sorry you are feeling like this. We know how hard you and your DH work to provide those awesome trips for your kiddos. If it makes you feel any better, my DD7 is going through a similar whiny "I want" phase. I really think it is partially the age.

I think we cannot expect them to 'get it' as an adult would. I truly didn't appreciate everything my parents did for me until I had my own kids. Now everyday I appreciate what they did. Every small vacation (they had no money when we were little), every trip to the beach, now I know what it takes to get to take those trips.

With a mom and dad like you two, you are already laying the ground work for good kids. Don't be discouraged. I know what you mean about the CL thing though, I may downgrade us to POR just to take it back a notch for them. We will see.

Ironically I just started this thread on the Community Board. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3118378

I often wonder if we are doing the right thing for the kiddos too. HUGS!!! I am right here with you.
Oh wow! I'll have to weigh in on that thread later.

It's so tough. I love our kids soooo much. Overall, they are really good kids. They both do awesome in school, are polite to others, etc...but, it's hard for me to explain it but they always want something...for instance, DH and I could spend hours playing with them outside and then we come inside to "rest" and the kids are hounding us to play games with them, or do this, or do that. I know that sounds terrible and that we should be happy they want to do stuff with us, but it's like enough is never enough.

We don't get them alot of material things. For the most part, if we are in the store and they ask for something, we say no and they are fine with that.

My DD6 is a little firecracker, and just sometimes does things only the way she wants. Like, if we ask her to clean off her table, sometimes she does it, but sometimes she won't and she will have a fit about it if we push the issue. Also, she is one of those who will meltdown if she doesn't get her way, which is just so annoying because she really gets just about everything she wants. Hearing "no" every once in awhile is not going to kill her!

Am I wrong in thinking that this behavior is them being spoiled or that they are just "kids being kids"?

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 05-28-2013, 02:21 PM   #2877
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I completely understand...DS is becoming a spoiled brat. He's 6 and finishing up kindergarten...some days he's so sweet and plays with his little sister without even being asked or anything. Then other days, he will hardly lift a finger even when asked multiple times to help clean up or put something away. And our last trip was so full of whining I was ready to say no to Disney. He complained about being hot and his feet hurt and he wanted some toy, etc. 10 minutes after we'd just bought something else, etc. it was madness! It was also the first time we'd gone with his sister so of course she was in the stroller and he walked. He just didn't seem at all appreciative. Not sure how to get that back though...

Oh this sounds just like DD6!!! Maybe it's the age???

But, DD9 was honestly never like that. She always does what she is told, but she does tend to ask for a lot of stuff....

PAST TRIPS:
Old 05-28-2013, 02:24 PM   #2878
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh this sounds just like DD6!!! Maybe it's the age???

But, DD9 was honestly never like that. She always does what she is told, but she does tend to ask for a lot of stuff....
I honestly do believe it is the age. You know yourself your children are good kids. DD7 just had her birthday, and she really did act the same way at Disney. DH and I were appalled a few times.

The only thing is that darned CL was soooo convenient and helped make our trip (DH and I) so much better.
Old 05-28-2013, 02:30 PM   #2879
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
I honestly do believe it is the age. You know yourself your children are good kids. DD7 just had her birthday, and she really did act the same way at Disney. DH and I were appalled a few times.

The only thing is that darned CL was soooo convenient and helped make our trip (DH and I) so much better.
CL is soooo convenient and so much for DH and I as for the kids...and darn it, we have earned it!

I just don't want to ruin them for life!

PAST TRIPS:
Old 05-28-2013, 03:16 PM   #2880
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:

CL is soooo convenient and so much for DH and I as for the kids...and darn it, we have earned it!

I just don't want to ruin them for life!
I'm sure you (and the rest of us) are not going to ruin them for life. :-) It's Disney. :-) *hugs* I think a lot does have to do with the age...

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: