Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 03:25 PM   #2746
babyberger
DIS Veteran

WOOKIE - LOVE the RC Compound wine glasses!! They are so versatile too

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 05-22-2013, 04:26 PM   #2747
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Good Afternoon peeps!
Ginny, Love your math lesson!!
Hey Janet, Trust me, that's about as mathematical as I get. The really funny part is my DH was a math major. He loves me anyway...even though I have always been somewhat math challenged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
I ... am ... beat.

Our gym has no AC. Only fans. As much as I like the "back to nature" approach to fitness, working out inside a weight room akin to a sauna is ugh. Supposedly they will finally bringing themselves into the modern era by the end of next month.

MM: Way to go! Congrats to your DH!

It's funny how reading the Dis boards can make you paranoid. I did online check-in last week for both CBR and AKL and added room requests online. Then I read a post on here today about how those requests weren't being relayed to the assignors. Of course, then I had to call and check they're on the reservations -- which they are.
Miss, No fans, what's up with that??? I hope they bring some in, pronto!

I totally understand about trying to make sure all the requests are in. Glad you made them.

Wookie-I love the Red Solo cup goblets. That's the perfect pattern for any RC celebration!

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-22-2013, 05:22 PM   #2748
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Asked the family where we should stay next year........

The

Answer

Was.....

Wilderness Lodge Club Level!!!!!

It was unanimous and pretty much came out of everyone's mouth simultaneously.....so, I think that's what I would like to book!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 05-22-2013, 06:20 PM   #2749
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
When I saw my new doctor this month he already mentioned weight loss surgery. He hasn't even gotten to know me! I felt it was very inappropriate. I know I need to lose weight and I'm not upset that he mentioned that. But bringing up surgery on my first visit really annoyed me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
My DH reminded me that since we are going this summer, we won't have to do WDW for at least 2 more years
Dh mentioned how he is looking forward to CSR but he knows we aren't really going there...I asked about WL, he said what about something new and different
OK...CSR, POR, POFQ, CR, BWI, OKW, that's available...CSR, CR, BWI have snack room availability oh boy....
Love the ballet idea...an you needed no instruction~you can TEACH IT!!!!
Grumpy...ahem DH is complaining I am working too much...hoping he lets me out to play
She is still beaming !!! Next week is DS12's drama debut
I am so proud...I've mentioned that, right?
I am so disappointed with all the construction...first GF now Poly Gone are the peaceful days on Seven Seas Lagoon.....

9 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ugh, fibromyalgia pain???? AWWW sis. Definitely triggered by stress....no good!
Makes sense Jen....I think the Pas crew is in need of an Epcot stay...
Happy EARLY birthday Melissa!! You deserve a magical weekend!!!
Seriously!!!!!???!!!! Grrr...I went for a preemployment physical and was told I was fat...I was so mad, I told the Dr. You DO see I have a 7week old and I am breastfeeding???? He said I should watch my diet... Some Docs are ridiculous!
Congrats on the weight loss Sheila!
Dani & Jeanette Drs are overly obsessive about weight. I hate it since I never really had a weight problem until after going through menopause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post

Just wanted to say that it was announced that Pease Air Force Base (DH's base), was chosen to be the home of the next generation of new refueling tankers!!! They were chosen out of the whole country and my DH being the Airfield Manager, had an integral role in establishing their worthiness!!!

I am so happy for him and everyone at Pease!!!! This was a very exciting announcement and just goes to validate the hard work that they all do there!

Back to your regularly scheduled programming...
MM Congrates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Good Afternoon peeps!

Melissa, Happy Early Birthday!! A birthday mimosa sounds like a perfect thing to wake up to on your birthday....hmm...can every day be considered a birthday??

Dani, MAKE an appt!! You need to be ready to go on Friday! Hope you can get some relief soon
YEAH!! .. and maybe you should schedule a DVC tour of the GF villas while there?? ...

and DD's are born with this power!!

Sheila, that really makes me please consider getting a new doctor. That just really pisses me off!!

A doctor in the practice we take Sam to made a comment to her when she was 7 about her weight...really pissed me off...that was the last time we ever saw him. While I don't mind discussing health issues, it was done inappropriate manner. I looked at her little face when he said it and my heart went out to her...

Congrats Sheila!!... and YES you should of smacked him!!

Wookie, wow! Snakes, scorpions and giant Gozilla roaches? (appropritate nickname ) somehow spiders (and even small centipedes) are looking a whole lot better right now!

It's where your heart is...it's all good... sometimes just by reviewing the possibilities clears the head to where you really want to be...

More RC's!!! Yay!

Melissa, what is it with these freaking doctors?? Your days seems hectic leading up to the weekend... but when you get there please relax, enjoy the time with your family...and try to de-stress

Ginny, Love your math lesson!!
Janet some Drs and people in general say some awful hurtful things to kids, My oldest boy was heavy set and I know what you mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Asked the family where we should stay next year........
The

Answer

Was.....

Wilderness Lodge Club Level!!!!!

It was unanimous and pretty much came out of everyone's mouth simultaneously.....so, I think that's what I would like to book!!!

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 05-22-2013, 07:09 PM   #2750
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Sheila and Wookie I have had a weight problem since I was young and they had to pump me full of steroids constantly during frequent hospitalizations. I wish he would do some tests to see why I have such a hard time losing weight instead of just recommending surgery. When I lost 100 pounds I literally starved myself. Less than 400 calories a day and excessive exercising.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:18 PM   #2751
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sheila and Wookie I have had a weight problem since I was young and they had to pump me full of steroids constantly during frequent hospitalizations. I wish he would do some tests to see why I have such a hard time losing weight instead of just recommending surgery. When I lost 100 pounds I literally starved myself. Less than 400 calories a day and excessive exercising.
Dani just sent you a text ... We are heading out the door to the YMCA.

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 05-22-2013, 07:21 PM   #2752
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Need some mommy advice. Been having horrible afternoons with Sarah, Steven had another horrible morning at school, and I am thinking I don't want to go away this weekend. I feel like taking them out of school for the day and heading to spend 4 days at the beach and my parents pool is kinda rewarding the bad behavior. I don't even want to be with them on my bday. The drive is too long for me to go myself, plus I do want to be with DH on my bday. I already told the kids we aren't going and did not pack today. As DH says, I am cutting off my nose to spite my face. But I am so angry, sad, tired I can't think straight.

What would you do?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:

Old 05-22-2013, 07:39 PM   #2753
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Dani My DS had gastric bypass and lost 100 lbs, went from someone who loved to eat to a person who had to limit what he could eat or get extremely sick. The last couple of years he put on 15-20 lbs even eating less.

I been trying to stick to 1200 Cal a day but it is hard and I do over most days, eating out is no fun. Not sure what to tell you but hope you feel better and no crazy diets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Need some mommy advice. Been having horrible afternoons with Sarah, Steven had another horrible morning at school, and I am thinking I don't want to go away this weekend. I feel like taking them out of school for the day and heading to spend 4 days at the beach and my parents pool is kinda rewarding the bad behavior. I don't even want to be with them on my bday. The drive is too long for me to go myself, plus I do want to be with DH on my bday. I already told the kids we aren't going and did not pack today. As DH says, I am cutting off my nose to spite my face. But I am so angry, sad, tired I can't think straight.

What would you do?

Melissa If you stay home won't you get really depressed? I know I would regret it later, why punish yourself?

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 05-22-2013, 07:39 PM   #2754
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:

What would you do?

Shoot Melissa. I'm sorry things have been so rough. Maybe a weekend away will help everybody decompress and unwind. Like hitting the reset button perhaps? I don't know. I wish I could help more.

Hello to everybody else . I've been reading a bit, but not much time to post since DD2 decided to give up napping.
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 05-22-2013, 08:55 PM   #2755
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

*hugs*. Sorry Melissa, but I think I agree. YOU need the break, so if that means taking the kids, then so be it. It might do all of you good!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 05-22-2013, 09:29 PM   #2756
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Cried for a couple hours...DH agrees with all of you, we need the weekend away. He told me I am not rewarding them, I am rewarding me, I wouldn't be punishing them, but punishing me. So guess tomorrow afternoon I will be frantically packing and loading the truck. Thanks for letting me rant/vent/cry!

My Trip Reports:

Old 05-22-2013, 09:38 PM   #2757
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Melissa: Go. You deserve it. And don't worry about the "rewarding bad behavior" bit -- it's your birthday and you need the time away.

Ginny: Yep, that's why I married my hubs... he's the math / science guru. He gets to be stuck with all those homework questions when the time comes. We're top-of-the-class in Dis-math and that's all that matters.

I_Heart: Hey you! Oh nooooo about the napping. Miss M gave hers up at age 2 as well. You have my sympathies.

Janet: Hope your Y has AC!

Dani: Did you make an appt. to see the doc? I think we need to take Sheila's suggestion and accompany you both on your next visit, we can slap them both upside the head.

I'm going to sit back and have a glass of wine ... for my health.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:41 PM   #2758
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

^^^ Took me so long to type that I missed your last post, Melissa. So glad you're going... have fun and don't worry about anything but relaxing and enjoying those birthday mimosas.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:44 PM   #2759
sjs314

Quote:
Cried for a couple hours...DH agrees with all of you, we need the weekend away. He told me I am not rewarding them, I am rewarding me, I wouldn't be punishing them, but punishing me. So guess tomorrow afternoon I will be frantically packing and loading the truck. Thanks for letting me rant/vent/cry!

Happy to see you decided to go

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 05-22-2013, 10:01 PM   #2760
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Melissa, very happy to read that the weekend is a go! I was going to tell you what DH did - that by going you are rewarding yourself.

Can your parents watch the kids while you and DH go out alone? That would be a nice and needed treat for you

Miss, yes we had AC! Yay! Did a kohl's run now Sam is in CVS. The fun never stops.
I'll admit to a vodka rocks last night hit the spot.

Sheila, thanks for the hugs :Hug:Sam is feeling so much better about herself as she should! She is making progress. You keep it up - 16 lbs is great!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: