Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 09:07 AM   #2731
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Melissa I got exhausted just reading that! have a wonderful trip and Birthday!

Dani What pisses me off is I have lost 16 lbs since last year, I told Bob I should have smacked him upside the head
When I saw my new doctor this month he already mentioned weight loss surgery. He hasn't even gotten to know me! I felt it was very inappropriate. I know I need to lose weight and I'm not upset that he mentioned that. But bringing up surgery on my first visit really annoyed me.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:23 AM   #2732
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
don't wish to discuss YET!!!

Good booking choices though

The poor guy. I mean now that we have AP's we have to go back to get our money out of them right???
My DH reminded me that since we are going this summer, we won't have to do WDW for at least 2 more years

Quote:
Pas: I am excited for you to do WL (that is where you are going??) We finally made it over there, and they actually showed us the deluxe room because we were curious to see it. But when I priced it with the BB it was $4400 for six nights!!! Thanks for the hug
Dh mentioned how he is looking forward to CSR but he knows we aren't really going there...I asked about WL, he said what about something new and different

OK...CSR, POR, POFQ, CR, BWI, OKW, that's available...CSR, CR, BWI have snack room availability oh boy....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Oh, I'm doing some Dis-Math this morning... I learned all I know about Dis-Math from our Professor Pas.
Love the ballet idea...an you needed no instruction~you can TEACH IT!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
I love Dis-Math with Professor Pas!!
These are my kind of math problems...
Take one vacation, divide into a split stay, add deposits...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
why thank you my friend let me know about Saturday so we can brainstorm together...
Grumpy...ahem DH is complaining I am working too much...hoping he lets me out to play

Quote:
Pas: They are just beautiful. Someone got a bouquet, too! I haven't seen when it starts here but I assume it's something similar -- 3rd or 4th grade. I quite enjoyed chorus and band, I'd be stoked if Miss M picked either to try. (Kinda wish our district started these things earlier -- especially foreign language courses which start way too late. )
She is still beaming !!! Next week is DS12's drama debut

Quote:
Jeanette Thrilled for HRH!
I am so proud...I've mentioned that, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Another thing to is that if we do Disney, I'm really shying from Poly again because of the impending DVC construction...thinking GF or BWI??? DH votes BWI...just not sure....thoughts??
I am so disappointed with all the construction...first GF now Poly Gone are the peaceful days on Seven Seas Lagoon.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Things are as good as can be Steven is still only in school until 9:30am so life is crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Oh my FLIPPIN' GAWD! Today was a hell of a day at work. It literally took all of my being to not body slam my boss. UGH! I just kept chanting "10 more days. 10 more days."

She kept trying to push my work aside to make me do HER work. My work is not less important! And she was arguing with me that I needed to stop doing MY own work and do her stuff. It was ridiculous.
9 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Good morning ladies. I'm wide awake after 4 hours of sleep. I've been having terrible pain throughout my whole body and Advil hasn't been helping, but since I have an aversion to doctors I've been ignoring it. Last night it was so bad I couldn't sleep. I guess it's time to give in and see the doctor.
Ugh, fibromyalgia pain???? AWWW sis. Definitely triggered by stress....no good!

Quote:
Yes, I already called to get some different price comparisons with the BB offer. They just have to transfer me to a different person to do it. I can shift the resort if I want apparently. I am just wondering though if BC is even available seeing as some of POR wasn't. The BB has been out there for a while already so lots may already be booked up.

I just can't justify paying the price of an AOA suite with only 15% off. Not really worth it for us.

I did find the Beach Club more relaxing. Yes there was a lot of people at the pool but the atmosphere there was (for me) much more vacation like. I found the resort more calming? than the Poly, brighter which I didn't expect to love so much, and for us a better location this time. It made the Poly with its separate longhouses feel like more of a hotel. And although I loved the tropical feel of the Poly, I enjoyed the openness of the gardens at the BC better. When we stopped at Captain Cooks for a bite to eat, neither DH or I felt sad that we weren't staying there. It is like our family is evolving and the Poly was part of us at an earlier time, if that makes sense.
Makes sense Jen....I think the Pas crew is in need of an Epcot stay...

Quote:
Hi RC family!! Love and hugs to all!!! Frantic day ahead, last couple of errands, pick up Steven, play teacher, pick up Sarah, finish laundry and pack. Tomorrow I start the day with an IEP meeting at school, then off to Steven's psychologist which is 40 min away, swing back by the school to pick up Sarah and come home to load up my truck and make an early dinner. As soon as DH gets home, changes, and eats we will hit the road! Hopefully get to my parents about 10pm. Crazy couple of days but I'll get to wake up on my birthday already on vacation and my mom promised mimosas as a birthday breakfast beverage

Hope everyone has a great day!!!!

HUGS,
Melissa

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Happy EARLY birthday Melissa!! You deserve a magical weekend!!!

Quote:
jenny The Appt went ok, I do not care for him but he is the BP/Kidney/Diabetic Dr my primary care sent me too. He changed my slow acting insulin so more blood tests next week then back to see him in 6 weeks if all looks good. The man has no bedside manner, he asked me if I ever get dizzy when I said yes He said it is because I am "fat"
Seriously!!!!!???!!!! Grrr...I went for a preemployment physical and was told I was fat...I was so mad, I told the Dr. You DO see I have a 7week old and I am breastfeeding???? He said I should watch my diet... Some Docs are ridiculous!

Quote:
Dani What pisses me off is I have lost 16 lbs since last year, I told Bob I should have smacked him upside the head
Congrats on the weight loss Sheila!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-22-2013, 10:13 AM   #2733
pas130
DIS Veteran

PTR started

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3115309

It's a work in progress...but I have some announcements to make
Old 05-22-2013, 10:38 AM   #2734
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Dani - get your A$$ to the dr pronto! But not the dr who asked you about the weight loss surgery.

Jeanette - why do you have a generic ticker

Shelia - totally get it, I hate my primary, he is so rude. He told me to cut out salt for my borderline high bp, I said it was probably due the MAJOR STRESS I have in my life, and he said, nope salt. Ok, whatever.

Jen - glad DD worked her magic! I hope by some miracle you can get BC again. I totally felt that resort feel at YC as well

I will keep trying to pop in throughout the day and keep catching up.

Melissa

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 05-22-2013, 10:39 AM   #2735
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

In case we don't "see" you around these parts on your birthday...

Wishing our Melissa a Fabulously, Wonderiffic, Stupendous Birthday!

Mimosas as a wake-up beverage? Your mom's after mine own heart, she is. Have a safe trip down and get to relaxin' already.

Dani: Doing more dancing over here for you... Hope the docs can put your mind at ease. You've got places to go, mouses (meeses ... MICE) to see.

Quote:
Seriously. What an eejit, that doctor! Very rude.

MM: Yesssss for Disney AGAIN! Because we all knew that would be the verdict. Why change from something you all enjoy so much, right?

Jen: You really typed out our very exact feelings on it. There was just something about BC that really hooked us. It wasn't just SAB -- although that was a HUGE part of it -- it was the location, too. We felt it was more "us" ... Super-glad you guys loved it so much. Did Neil make any celebration buttons for you guys? He goes crazy making those.

Pas: for drama debuts! Off to read your TR (well, after my torture session).

Sue & Koh: My AKL enablers... I added Sunset Savannah to the requests.

Good morning to all of you folks. Will be back in a bit.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:04 AM   #2736
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Have a great trip!!! :-)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Quote:
Melissa I got exhausted just reading that! have a wonderful trip and Birthday!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Happy EARLY birthday Melissa!! You deserve a magical weekend!!!
Quote:
In case we don't "see" you around these parts on your birthday...

Wishing our Melissa a Fabulously, Wonderiffic, Stupendous Birthday!
Thank you everyone! I used to hate my bday falling around Memorial Day because all my friends were away, but now I love being able to make a long weekend of celebrating

My Trip Reports:

Old 05-22-2013, 11:11 AM   #2737
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you everyone! I used to hate my bday falling around Memorial Day because all my friends were away, but now I love being able to make a long weekend of celebrating

What fun!!
Have a wonderful birthday long weekend!!

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
Old 05-22-2013, 11:14 AM   #2738
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to say that it was announced that Pease Air Force Base (DH's base), was chosen to be the home of the next generation of new refueling tankers!!! They were chosen out of the whole country and my DH being the Airfield Manager, had an integral role in establishing their worthiness!!!

I am so happy for him and everyone at Pease!!!! This was a very exciting announcement and just goes to validate the hard work that they all do there!

Back to your regularly scheduled programming...

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 05-22-2013, 11:17 AM   #2739
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Just wanted to say that it was announced that Pease Air Force Base (DH's base), was chosen to be the home of the next generation of new refueling tankers!!! They were chosen out of the whole country and my DH being the Airfield Manager, had an integral role in establishing their worthiness!!!

I am so happy for him and everyone at Pease!!!! This was a very exciting announcement and just goes to validate the hard work that they all do there!

MM-What wonderful news!! Congrats to your DH!

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
Old 05-22-2013, 11:32 AM   #2740
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:

What fun!!
Have a wonderful birthday long weekend!!
Thank you

Quote:

That is awesome news!!!!!

My Trip Reports:

Old 05-22-2013, 11:45 AM   #2741
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Cuz' your DH is AWESOME! Congrats!!!!
Old 05-22-2013, 01:03 PM   #2742
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Good Afternoon peeps!

Melissa, Happy Early Birthday!! A birthday mimosa sounds like a perfect thing to wake up to on your birthday....hmm...can every day be considered a birthday??

Quote:
Good morning ladies. I'm wide awake after 4 hours of sleep. I've been having terrible pain throughout my whole body and Advil hasn't been helping, but since I have an aversion to doctors I've been ignoring it. Last night it was so bad I couldn't sleep. I guess it's time to give in and see the doctor.
Dani, MAKE an appt!! You need to be ready to go on Friday! Hope you can get some relief soon

Quote:
So, next year....Disney it is!!!!! We both agree we want to go back for at least 2014 and 2015!!!
YEAH!! .. and maybe you should schedule a DVC tour of the GF villas while there?? ...

Quote:
So, going back and forth last night with DH, I think our trip is safe. (shocking I know....) All it really took was DD8 batting her huge eyelashes at bedtime asking when we would be going back again. And I DID NOT put her up to that!
and DD's are born with this power!!

Quote:
jenny The Appt went ok, I do not care for him but he is the BP/Kidney/Diabetic Dr my primary care sent me too. He changed my slow acting insulin so more blood tests next week then back to see him in 6 weeks if all looks good. The man has no bedside manner, he asked me if I ever get dizzy when I said yes He said it is because I am "fat"
Sheila, that really makes me please consider getting a new doctor. That just really pisses me off!!

A doctor in the practice we take Sam to made a comment to her when she was 7 about her weight...really pissed me off...that was the last time we ever saw him. While I don't mind discussing health issues, it was done inappropriate manner. I looked at her little face when he said it and my heart went out to her...

Quote:
[Dani What pisses me off is I have lost 16 lbs since last year, I told Bob I should have smacked him upside the head
Congrats Sheila!!... and YES you should of smacked him!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Ugh, I HATE water bugs!!!!! We didn't have them at our house. When I was in high school, I was in a Program called Upward Bound (but I ended up dropping out, kinda long story). During the Summer, we got to live on the University of North Texas campus in the dorms, and those things were every where. We nicknamed them Godzilla roaches.
Wookie, wow! Snakes, scorpions and giant Gozilla roaches? (appropritate nickname ) somehow spiders (and even small centipedes) are looking a whole lot better right now!

Quote:
Janet: thanks for all that amazing info, it's no wonder you at the queen of pop! Strangely though, I already feel a pull back to BC CL!!
It's where your heart is...it's all good... sometimes just by reviewing the possibilities clears the head to where you really want to be...

Quote:

More RC's!!! Yay!

Quote:
Shelia - totally get it, I hate my primary, he is so rude. He told me to cut out salt for my borderline high bp, I said it was probably due the MAJOR STRESS I have in my life, and he said, nope salt. Ok, whatever.
Melissa, what is it with these freaking doctors?? Your days seems hectic leading up to the weekend... but when you get there please relax, enjoy the time with your family...and try to de-stress

Quote:
Glad things worked out Miss!

I love Dis-Math with Professor Pas!!
These are my kind of math problems...
Take one vacation, divide into a split stay, add deposits...
Ginny, Love your math lesson!!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 05-22-2013, 01:10 PM   #2743
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Fantastic!!! Kudos to your DH and the rest of the base!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
My daughters are now 23 & 27. Once they get older its harder to find the mutual time to get away. My youngest works in a summer camp, and can't come on our summer trips anymore. My oldest still manages to come with me though, her job is more flexible.
Sue, teenagers can make it difficult too. Happy that your older DD can make the trip with you! Does this mean you may try to schedule another trip around your younger DD's schedule??

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 05-22-2013, 02:07 PM   #2744
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

I ... am ... beat.

Our gym has no AC. Only fans. As much as I like the "back to nature" approach to fitness, working out inside a weight room akin to a sauna is ugh. Supposedly they will finally bringing themselves into the modern era by the end of next month.

MM: Way to go! Congrats to your DH!

It's funny how reading the Dis boards can make you paranoid. I did online check-in last week for both CBR and AKL and added room requests online. Then I read a post on here today about how those requests weren't being relayed to the assignors. Of course, then I had to call and check they're on the reservations -- which they are.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:28 PM   #2745
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Wookie: I am lol about the money thing, as generally I keep DH in the dark about how much everything costs!! Ha ha!
The money part is the one part I would love to keep the DH in the dark about, but it's the one part he wants to know all the details about.

Quote:
After our last trip we were Dis'd out. we needed a couple months to recoup but now everyone is asking when we are going back. I think by Nov, you will be good to go!

Things are as good as can be Steven is still only in school until 9:30am so life is crazy.

Oh and I am definitely more MIA than usual.....I am a hockey girl through and through and it is the playoffs GO BRUINS!!!

Hopefully, things will be less crazy during Summer break.

Quote:
Oh my FLIPPIN' GAWD! Today was a hell of a day at work. It literally took all of my being to not body slam my boss. UGH! I just kept chanting "10 more days. 10 more days."

She kept trying to push my work aside to make me do HER work. My work is not less important! And she was arguing with me that I needed to stop doing MY own work and do her stuff. It was ridiculous.
Congrats on having the restraint to not give your boss a well deserved body slam. My DH had one like that once, and it stinks. My DH was the assistant manager at a Pizza Hut Delco (does delivery and carry out only). The DH mainly closed, but there were days, where he had to open. I remember one week the DH opened and about the time the manager should have been walking through the door, he called in and said he was sick. This meant my DH had to pull an open to close, which meant he would be at the store from about 9-10 AM, all day, until about 1-2 AM. The next day the DH had to open again. About the same time the manager called and said he was "tired" and was going to lay down and take a nap and be in later. Well later never came and the DH pulled an open to close again. This happened at least 4 days that week, but happened nearly every time my DH opened. Luckily my DH was hourly (and not salary like the manager) because I remember him putting in at least 120 hours in one pay period.

Quote:
Go to the doctor!!

Quote:

SueM, since we just stayed at YC, BC is kind of out
Plus, DH thought that BC was too chaotic...
I HATE clowns, but LOVE the location of the Epcot resorts....and I'm sure that swimming in the pool with that dang thing will make for some amusing family memories....
You mean you don't think it'll be relaxing pool time to see children (and adults) being thrown up by a super creepy clown?

Yeah, me either.

Quote:
So, going back and forth last night with DH, I think our trip is safe. (shocking I know....) All it really took was DD8 batting her huge eyelashes at bedtime asking when we would be going back again. And I DID NOT put her up to that!

But, I started dreaming of returning to the BC CL again. We really did love it, and I found myself describing it to my friend last night was is staying at the YC in August. It really was so convenient for us, and the lounge breakfast was so much more relaxing than sitting in some chaotic quick service restaurant. And that pool. I found the BC to be so much more relaxing than the Polynesian.

But.... I still think it is going to have to be POR, if a different discount comes out. If we want to do MVMCP, and whatever else on the cruise, we have to be frugal. Unless some sort of windfall comes our way of course! I will leave that door open!! And I also may call to see if BC CL has availability with the BB. Just out of curiosity....WHAT???
Gotta love how big strong men can be made to do anything in order to please the batting long lashes of their little princesses.

Quote:
Hi RC family!! Love and hugs to all!!! Frantic day ahead, last couple of errands, pick up Steven, play teacher, pick up Sarah, finish laundry and pack. Tomorrow I start the day with an IEP meeting at school, then off to Steven's psychologist which is 40 min away, swing back by the school to pick up Sarah and come home to load up my truck and make an early dinner. As soon as DH gets home, changes, and eats we will hit the road! Hopefully get to my parents about 10pm. Crazy couple of days but I'll get to wake up on my birthday already on vacation and my mom promised mimosas as a birthday breakfast beverage

Hope everyone has a great day!!!!

HUGS,
Melissa

Happy Early Birthday!!! Drink a mimosa for me.

Quote:
Thanks! I'm hoping they will give me pain medication for our trip because if I am suffering like this it will really put a damper on it.
Hopefully, you can get something to help with the pain.

Quote:
When I saw my new doctor this month he already mentioned weight loss surgery. He hasn't even gotten to know me! I felt it was very inappropriate. I know I need to lose weight and I'm not upset that he mentioned that. But bringing up surgery on my first visit really annoyed me.
Yeah, the first visit is a little soon. Besides, weight loss surgery isn't anything to just rush into. He needed to learn more about you before suggesting it. I can maybe see bring up weight loss as, "weight loss would help this issue" or "with weight loss, you might not need these medications", but bringing up surgery on the first visit is a little soon. My DH went into the lap band when he wasn't mentally ready for it. We were lucky and our insurance paid for all but $1,500 of it. When he went into surgery he wore a 6 XL t-shirt. He pushed himself to be able to eat more and stretched out his "2nd stomach". Then he stopped going for fills, because it hurt to get them. My DH still wears a 6XL t-shirt. Basically, we paid for him to have surgery and all it did was keep him from being able to eat and drink what he wants. He just can't eat steak, too much bread, has trouble with ground beef, and can't drink sodas. I wish we had just not had it done.

Quote:

I'll go sub to it.

Quote:

Nothing here is ever off topic.

Congrats!! That is amazing news!! Y'all should totally celebrate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Wookie, wow! Snakes, scorpions and giant Gozilla roaches? (appropritate nickname ) somehow spiders (and even small centipedes) are looking a whole lot better right now!
Luckily, the don't have them any more, but the inlaws used to have massive banana spiders that would make webs on their back porch. I hated the things. If you don't know what they look like, here's a pic....

Oh and I saw this picture the other day and thought it would be perfect for the RC compound. We can have our own special Red Solo Cup Wine Glasses...

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: