Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-22-2013, 05:40 AM   #2716
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran
 
disneydreamin247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: staten island
Posts: 5,734

Good morning ladies. I'm wide awake after 4 hours of sleep. I've been having terrible pain throughout my whole body and Advil hasn't been helping, but since I have an aversion to doctors I've been ignoring it. Last night it was so bad I couldn't sleep. I guess it's time to give in and see the doctor.
__________________
Dani DS DD
disneydreamin247 is offline  
Old 05-22-2013, 05:52 AM   #2717
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 10,635

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Good morning ladies. I'm wide awake after 4 hours of sleep. I've been having terrible pain throughout my whole body and Advil hasn't been helping, but since I have an aversion to doctors I've been ignoring it. Last night it was so bad I couldn't sleep. I guess it's time to give in and see the doctor.
Yikes! Yes Dani, you should probably see a doctor!!!! Hope you feel better soon!


So, next year....Disney it is!!!!! We both agree we want to go back for at least 2014 and 2015!!!

SueM, since we just stayed at YC, BC is kind of out
Plus, DH thought that BC was too chaotic...
I HATE clowns, but LOVE the location of the Epcot resorts....and I'm sure that swimming in the pool with that dang thing will make for some amusing family memories....

Oh, and DH saw the video for the GF DVC Villas....he loves them!!! He saw the video before me and told me when they go on sale....I was like, OH...did you want me to buy in??? He was like...they are really nice....

Gonna have to explore that a little further....
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD7) (DD or DS Due 1/16/15!!)


PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-22-2013, 05:54 AM   #2718
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran
 
jennyjinx3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: canada
Posts: 4,739

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Good morning ladies. I'm wide awake after 4 hours of sleep. I've been having terrible pain throughout my whole body and Advil hasn't been helping, but since I have an aversion to doctors I've been ignoring it. Last night it was so bad I couldn't sleep. I guess it's time to give in and see the doctor.
Dani: sorry about your work troubles, and please yes get yourself to the Dr. Maybe the pain is stress related though?
__________________
me and DH DD10, DD8, DD5 Thanks Kook!
jennyjinx3 is offline  
Old 05-22-2013, 06:02 AM   #2719
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran
 
jennyjinx3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: canada
Posts: 4,739

So, going back and forth last night with DH, I think our trip is safe. (shocking I know....) All it really took was DD8 batting her huge eyelashes at bedtime asking when we would be going back again. And I DID NOT put her up to that!

But, I started dreaming of returning to the BC CL again. We really did love it, and I found myself describing it to my friend last night was is staying at the YC in August. It really was so convenient for us, and the lounge breakfast was so much more relaxing than sitting in some chaotic quick service restaurant. And that pool. I found the BC to be so much more relaxing than the Polynesian.

But.... I still think it is going to have to be POR, if a different discount comes out. If we want to do MVMCP, and whatever else on the cruise, we have to be frugal. Unless some sort of windfall comes our way of course! I will leave that door open!! And I also may call to see if BC CL has availability with the BB. Just out of curiosity....WHAT???
__________________
me and DH DD10, DD8, DD5 Thanks Kook!
jennyjinx3 is offline  
Old 05-22-2013, 06:27 AM   #2720
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 10,635

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
So, going back and forth last night with DH, I think our trip is safe. (shocking I know....) All it really took was DD8 batting her huge eyelashes at bedtime asking when we would be going back again. And I DID NOT put her up to that!

But, I started dreaming of returning to the BC CL again. We really did love it, and I found myself describing it to my friend last night was is staying at the YC in August. It really was so convenient for us, and the lounge breakfast was so much more relaxing than sitting in some chaotic quick service restaurant. And that pool. I found the BC to be so much more relaxing than the Polynesian.

But.... I still think it is going to have to be POR, if a different discount comes out. If we want to do MVMCP, and whatever else on the cruise, we have to be frugal. Unless some sort of windfall comes our way of course! I will leave that door open!! And I also may call to see if BC CL has availability with the BB. Just out of curiosity....WHAT???
A well placed 8 year old DD batting her eyes is like cryptonite for those daddies!!!! I can't say that my girls haven't used that on DH once or twice...

Would they let you book a BB now that you are back home??? I didn't think they did....if they do, I wonder if there is a timeframe you have to do it in....

I find it interesting that you found BC more relaxing than the Poly. I would love to hear more of your comparisons!!
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD7) (DD or DS Due 1/16/15!!)


PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline  
Old 05-22-2013, 06:48 AM   #2721
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran
 
jennyjinx3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: canada
Posts: 4,739

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
A well placed 8 year old DD batting her eyes is like cryptonite for those daddies!!!! I can't say that my girls haven't used that on DH once or twice...

Would they let you book a BB now that you are back home??? I didn't think they did....if they do, I wonder if there is a timeframe you have to do it in....

I find it interesting that you found BC more relaxing than the Poly. I would love to hear more of your comparisons!!
Yes, I already called to get some different price comparisons with the BB offer. They just have to transfer me to a different person to do it. I can shift the resort if I want apparently. I am just wondering though if BC is even available seeing as some of POR wasn't. The BB has been out there for a while already so lots may already be booked up.

I just can't justify paying the price of an AOA suite with only 15% off. Not really worth it for us.

I did find the Beach Club more relaxing. Yes there was a lot of people at the pool but the atmosphere there was (for me) much more vacation like. I found the resort more calming? than the Poly, brighter which I didn't expect to love so much, and for us a better location this time. It made the Poly with its separate longhouses feel like more of a hotel. And although I loved the tropical feel of the Poly, I enjoyed the openness of the gardens at the BC better. When we stopped at Captain Cooks for a bite to eat, neither DH or I felt sad that we weren't staying there. It is like our family is evolving and the Poly was part of us at an earlier time, if that makes sense.

__________________
me and DH DD10, DD8, DD5 Thanks Kook!
jennyjinx3 is offline  
Old 05-22-2013, 07:22 AM   #2722
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney
 
sjs314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 10,015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Good Evening Ladies!!!!

Trying so hard to remain caught up, but it's sooooo hard. Spent most of the day on the road for work today...up to Gorham, NH....which is pretty close to being as far north as you can go without hitting the Canadian border...

Then after work, it was gymnastics. I am feeling soooo overwhelmed by our family calendar...it's literally from one thing to the next, and I always feel like we are inevitably going to miss something because our schedules are so jam packed. Even DH said "Let's go back to Disney" today...

Ah well. We are going to have a big discussion about Disney vs. Turks & Caicos next year. Have to make a decision because the Turks sale ends tonight...
I'll let you know how that goes!

Another thing to is that if we do Disney, I'm really shying from Poly again because of the impending DVC construction...thinking GF or BWI??? DH votes BWI...just not sure....thoughts??
MM I hear what your saying about the Poly construction, I think the girls would really love the fun atmosphere of BWI plus first bus stop which is nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Miss: Glad your talk with her went well, it is nice when they open up and are honest instead of trying to please us. I bet ballet would be a nice change for her! I think it is good for them to dabble in lots of things.

Janet: thanks for all that amazing info, it's no wonder you at the queen of pop! Strangely though, I already feel a pull back to BC CL!!

SueM: what an amazingly wise thing to say. And I mean that. I repeated it to DH. Can I be your Padawan learner??

Wookie: I am lol about the money thing, as generally I keep DH in the dark about how much everything costs!! Ha ha!

SueM: that pretzel bread somehow always ends up in my purse....it's so weird!!

DznyCrzy: okay now I am going to have nightmares about those water bugs. I thought our rental home in 2010 our first trip took the cake with the roaches crawling out of the bathtub drains at night!!


Sheila: I hope your DD's app't went ok.....



Candace: wow you sure to have one busy schedule. Funny, my DH was impressed with BWI too!

Melissa: hi there! How are things over there?
jenny The Appt went ok, I do not care for him but he is the BP/Kidney/Diabetic Dr my primary care sent me too. He changed my slow acting insulin so more blood tests next week then back to see him in 6 weeks if all looks good. The man has no bedside manner, he asked me if I ever get dizzy when I said yes He said it is because I am "fat"

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
After our last trip we were Dis'd out. we needed a couple months to recoup but now everyone is asking when we are going back. I think by Nov, you will be good to go!

Things are as good as can be Steven is still only in school until 9:30am so life is crazy.

Oh and I am definitely more MIA than usual.....I am a hockey girl through and through and it is the playoffs GO BRUINS!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Melissa When I returned in Dec I said never again I was soooo pissed at Bob for asking me miss the parade at MVMCP and I knew that was my one and only chance to ever see it but I am going back this Nov!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Oh my FLIPPIN' GAWD! Today was a hell of a day at work. It literally took all of my being to not body slam my boss. UGH! I just kept chanting "10 more days. 10 more days."

She kept trying to push my work aside to make me do HER work. My work is not less important! And she was arguing with me that I needed to stop doing MY own work and do her stuff. It was ridiculous.


Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Good morning ladies. I'm wide awake after 4 hours of sleep. I've been having terrible pain throughout my whole body and Advil hasn't been helping, but since I have an aversion to doctors I've been ignoring it. Last night it was so bad I couldn't sleep. I guess it's time to give in and see the doctor.
Dani I am the same way but sounds like you need to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Yikes! Yes Dani, you should probably see a doctor!!!! Hope you feel better soon!

So, next year....Disney it is!!!!! We both agree we want to go back for at least 2014 and 2015!!!

SueM, since we just stayed at YC, BC is kind of out
Plus, DH thought that BC was too chaotic...
I HATE clowns, but LOVE the location of the Epcot resorts....and I'm sure that swimming in the pool with that dang thing will make for some amusing family memories....

Oh, and DH saw the video for the GF DVC Villas....he loves them!!! He saw the video before me and told me when they go on sale....I was like, OH...did you want me to buy in??? He was like...they are really nice....

Gonna have to explore that a little further....
MM I am so Jealous! GF Villas
__________________
'89 & '90- Travelodge-Hotel Plaza Blvd,'92 & '93- POFQ,'94-YC,'95 & '96-WL,'97-CSR,'06-AKL,'07-Disneyland Hotel,'09-OKW,F&G '12-BWI,MVMCP '12-BWI,F&W '13-AKL

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline  
Old 05-22-2013, 07:32 AM   #2723
babyberger
DIS Veteran
 
babyberger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,793

Hi RC family!! Love and hugs to all!!! Frantic day ahead, last couple of errands, pick up Steven, play teacher, pick up Sarah, finish laundry and pack. Tomorrow I start the day with an IEP meeting at school, then off to Steven's psychologist which is 40 min away, swing back by the school to pick up Sarah and come home to load up my truck and make an early dinner. As soon as DH gets home, changes, and eats we will hit the road! Hopefully get to my parents about 10pm. Crazy couple of days but I'll get to wake up on my birthday already on vacation and my mom promised mimosas as a birthday breakfast beverage

Hope everyone has a great day!!!!

HUGS,
Melissa

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
My Recent Deluxe Splurge Sept 2012 - YC, Oct 2012 - WL, Dec 2012 - CR CL, Feb 2013 - CR TPV
Starting the weekend trips again!

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds


Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline  
Old 05-22-2013, 07:50 AM   #2724
Koh1977
DIS Veteran
 
Koh1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,918

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Good morning ladies. I'm wide awake after 4 hours of sleep. I've been having terrible pain throughout my whole body and Advil hasn't been helping, but since I have an aversion to doctors I've been ignoring it. Last night it was so bad I couldn't sleep. I guess it's time to give in and see the doctor.
I would say so!! Good luck and keep us posted!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline  
Old 05-22-2013, 07:54 AM   #2725
Koh1977
DIS Veteran
 
Koh1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,918

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Hi RC family!! Love and hugs to all!!! Frantic day ahead, last couple of errands, pick up Steven, play teacher, pick up Sarah, finish laundry and pack. Tomorrow I start the day with an IEP meeting at school, then off to Steven's psychologist which is 40 min away, swing back by the school to pick up Sarah and come home to load up my truck and make an early dinner. As soon as DH gets home, changes, and eats we will hit the road! Hopefully get to my parents about 10pm. Crazy couple of days but I'll get to wake up on my birthday already on vacation and my mom promised mimosas as a birthday breakfast beverage

Hope everyone has a great day!!!!

HUGS,
Melissa

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Have a great trip!!! :-)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline  
Old 05-22-2013, 07:54 AM   #2726
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran
 
disneydreamin247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: staten island
Posts: 5,734

Sheila that is terrible! Really, just awful. I am so sorry.

Jen I'm glad you're back on for Disney!

candace that mouse has some mystical powers I tell ya!
__________________
Dani DS DD
disneydreamin247 is offline  
Old 05-22-2013, 07:59 AM   #2727
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran
 
disneydreamin247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: staten island
Posts: 5,734

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
I would say so!! Good luck and keep us posted!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Thanks! I'm hoping they will give me pain medication for our trip because if I am suffering like this it will really put a damper on it.
__________________
Dani DS DD
disneydreamin247 is offline  
Old 05-22-2013, 08:01 AM   #2728
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney
 
sjs314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 10,015

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Hi RC family!! Love and hugs to all!!! Frantic day ahead, last couple of errands, pick up Steven, play teacher, pick up Sarah, finish laundry and pack. Tomorrow I start the day with an IEP meeting at school, then off to Steven's psychologist which is 40 min away, swing back by the school to pick up Sarah and come home to load up my truck and make an early dinner. As soon as DH gets home, changes, and eats we will hit the road! Hopefully get to my parents about 10pm. Crazy couple of days but I'll get to wake up on my birthday already on vacation and my mom promised mimosas as a birthday breakfast beverage

Hope everyone has a great day!!!!

HUGS,
Melissa

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Melissa I got exhausted just reading that! have a wonderful trip and Birthday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Sheila that is terrible! Really, just awful. I am so sorry.

Jen I'm glad you're back on for Disney!

candace that mouse has some mystical powers I tell ya!
Dani What pisses me off is I have lost 16 lbs since last year, I told Bob I should have smacked him upside the head
__________________
'89 & '90- Travelodge-Hotel Plaza Blvd,'92 & '93- POFQ,'94-YC,'95 & '96-WL,'97-CSR,'06-AKL,'07-Disneyland Hotel,'09-OKW,F&G '12-BWI,MVMCP '12-BWI,F&W '13-AKL

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline  
Old 05-22-2013, 08:05 AM   #2729
Koh1977
DIS Veteran
 
Koh1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,918

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post

Yes, I already called to get some different price comparisons with the BB offer. They just have to transfer me to a different person to do it. I can shift the resort if I want apparently. I am just wondering though if BC is even available seeing as some of POR wasn't. The BB has been out there for a while already so lots may already be booked up.

I just can't justify paying the price of an AOA suite with only 15% off. Not really worth it for us.

I did find the Beach Club more relaxing. Yes there was a lot of people at the pool but the atmosphere there was (for me) much more vacation like. I found the resort more calming? than the Poly, brighter which I didn't expect to love so much, and for us a better location this time. It made the Poly with its separate longhouses feel like more of a hotel. And although I loved the tropical feel of the Poly, I enjoyed the openness of the gardens at the BC better. When we stopped at Captain Cooks for a bite to eat, neither DH or I felt sad that we weren't staying there. It is like our family is evolving and the Poly was part of us at an earlier time, if that makes sense.

I loved the convenience of the Poly to the TTC and a quick monorail trip to Epcot or MK. I loved the feel and smell of the Beach Club and the boat ride to DHS. And I REALLY liked the view of the lake as you went out the back of the BC. SAB wasn't as awesome as I'd thought it would be (for us because of the ages of the kids I think and the fact that DS is a scaredy cat and wouldn't go down the slide). I also did NOT enjoy the walk to Epcot in the heat, but it might've been different if we hadn't been in a rush to get somewhere whenever we went to Epcot...

I'm excited to try AKL this time around and CR/BLT is still on my bucket list for sure!! I'd also like to try GF and WL sometime...if it weren't for that stupid clown slide, I'd add BWI to the list as well, but alas...that's just not happening. :-)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline  
Old 05-22-2013, 08:07 AM   #2730
Koh1977
DIS Veteran
 
Koh1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,918

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post

Melissa I got exhausted just reading that! have a wonderful trip and Birthday!

Dani What pisses me off is I have lost 16 lbs since last year, I told Bob I should have smacked him upside the head
:-) you should have!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:23 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: