Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-21-2013, 01:48 PM   #2701
Koh1977
DIS Veteran
 
Koh1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,940

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post

Well at least he's willing to talk about it sometime. Plus he was willing to think about it enough to read through the ADRs you made and form an opinion on them.

You totally have to go back to get your money's worth, and I'm sure he doesn't want to waste money.

Thanks. I didn't want to leave, but I had no other option. I can only miss 1 class a session and I wanted to miss tomorrow night's class, so I can see Joey's game. He didn't get to play last year due to injuries and I really miss seeing him out there. Maybe I'll still feel sick and I can email the professor.

I'm glad she was honest with you about it. Maybe she'll get into ballet and love it.

I have 51 days until our online check in and I'm still trying to figure out the best requests for our AKL PV room. At first the DH said he wanted to be near the buses, but now he wants to be close to The Mara, to make it easier to get drinks. I'm thinking to put the requests at 1) close to The Mara 2) close to an elevator.

I wish I had video'd it, but one morning, while waiting for the bus, JM went on an almost Donald Duck style rant about Canadian Bacon. He loves bacon and he said something about Canadian being an abomination and that it shouldn't be called bacon. I can't remember all of what he said, but he was so passionate about it, that it was hard not to laugh it was so funny.

We used to see them all the time growing up. I don't know if I've told this story here or not, but I'll tell it anyway. My parents live on 10 acres of land in the country. The property's back line is shared with a rock crusher, and there is another rock crusher on the other side of the highway. There are two houses on the property. I'm not sure if my grandfather bought it from a relative or if it was given to them, but I know that before we lived there a relative did. The house we lived in is totally surrounded by trees. One day, the lady that lived there before us was washing dishes in the kitchen sink. Since the crushers are so close, depending on where they are blasting rock, you not only hear, but feel the blast. Well she heard and felt the blast while doing the dishes and then a few moments later, started hearing things falling from the trees. Upon closer investigation, she found it was rattlesnakes falling from the trees. They must have blasted too close to a den of rattlesnake and the blast sent them flying into her trees.
ACK!! What is it with you and snakes?? :-)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline  
Old 05-21-2013, 01:55 PM   #2702
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran
 
Missoutandabout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Posts: 2,038

Wookie: Yes, what IS it with you and snakes?! As long as they leave you and your family alone. (My dad gets snakes in their yard and in the barns every summer. Along with skunks.) Actually, as much as I don't like snakes -- I've got a friend that lives out in the country near Austin -- she's mentioned getting scorpions inside her house. Nope. Noooooooooooooooooooope. Big ol' ball of NOPE! I would nuke from orbit.
Missoutandabout is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-21-2013, 02:22 PM   #2703
Sue M
DIS Veteran
 
Sue M's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: B.C.
Posts: 9,599

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
What's the Kudu Trail view I wonder??

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
I'm thinking it would have to be one of those obstructed view rooms of Sunset or Arusha

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyCrzy11 View Post
Yes, same here!!! I get frustrated trying to use it. When I was able to make ADR's, it only allowed me to make one online and I had to call to make the others. I also can't view the balance online, I have to call for that as well...annoying!!



Thank you!! It was a great weekend, even though we did yard work, lol.



Oh, I love bacon!!! I actually have an aunt who lives in Alberta, Canada. Everytime we watch the film at the Canadian Pavilion it makes me want to visit Vancouver, haha. We are finally trying Le Celliar for the first time!!
Yum! We love the pretzel bread, and I could make a meal of that and the Cheese soup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Hmmmm. Very interesting! What if the room assignors look at those requests and say, "Well, we would upgrade her to a Savannah view but since she's so picky we'll just keep her in a standard?" Think I should risk it?

All of this talk of bacon makes me miss good ol' British rashers.

With this latest change, I feel like I'm forgetting something.
  • Changed our flight
  • Booked an extra night at the hotel
  • Called Magical Express with the new flight info
  • Called the fur-baby sitter
  • Booked the taxis

What am I missing?
I'd risk it! If its on the list as an option, why not! for extra night! The peril of an AP . I started with 12 nights in Aug, and ended up with 14
__________________
Past Trips:
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Sue M is offline  
Old 05-21-2013, 02:27 PM   #2704
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO
 
letthewookiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 4,925

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
ACK!! What is it with you and snakes?? :-)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
I don't know. I've lived in two houses (the one I grew up in, and the in laws house) where we had a snake get into the house. The other two homes we have lived in, we only found snakes outside the house. One was a huge rattlesnake, but someone else had killed it before we noticed it. Although I'm not seeing as many this year as I did this time last year. Last year, every time I drove over to either the closest gas station, or the Sonic, I always saw either a live or dead snake. This year, I haven't seen as many. In fact, the only one was the one on the back porch that the DH tried to put in bed with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Wookie: Yes, what IS it with you and snakes?! As long as they leave you and your family alone. (My dad gets snakes in their yard and in the barns every summer. Along with skunks.) Actually, as much as I don't like snakes -- I've got a friend that lives out in the country near Austin -- she's mentioned getting scorpions inside her house. Nope. Noooooooooooooooooooope. Big ol' ball of NOPE! I would nuke from orbit.
o yes, the scorpions. I still remember the days of having to shake out my shoes as a kid to make sure one wasn't in them. We had a skunk near our house not long ago. The smell was so bad, it made you have a bad taste in your mouth, and it kept me up all night.
__________________
Me(38)DH(38) DS16 DS15 Bug R.I.P. 8/20/11
'81-OS/w parents; 3/94-OS/w HS band & met future DH; 7/00-OS,5th wedding anny; 3/04-CBR,DS's 1st trip; 10/06-WL,MNSSHP; 6/12-PC; 9/13-Swan/AKL SV; 5/14 DL; 12/14 SoG, Suz & I & MVMCP


"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline  
Old 05-21-2013, 02:49 PM   #2705
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".
 
DznyCrzy11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: 894 miles from the magic!
Posts: 1,634

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin

I don't know. I've lived in two houses (the one I grew up in, and the in laws house) where we had a snake get into the house. The other two homes we have lived in, we only found snakes outside the house. One was a huge rattlesnake, but someone else had killed it before we noticed it. Although I'm not seeing as many this year as I did this time last year. Last year, every time I drove over to either the closest gas station, or the Sonic, I always saw either a live or dead snake. This year, I haven't seen as many. In fact, the only one was the one on the back porch that the DH tried to put in bed with me.

o yes, the scorpions. I still remember the days of having to shake out my shoes as a kid to make sure one wasn't in them. We had a skunk near our house not long ago. The smell was so bad, it made you have a bad taste in your mouth, and it kept me up all night.
Eek!!! What gets me more than snakes are spiders!!!! I am terrified of spiders!!! In fact, when we planted in the garden this weekend, I was doing perfectly fine until I saw a spider and then another one, then another one!!!! At that point my DH ended up doing most of the work, lol. I can't stand scorpions either and the next worse thing to spiders are water bugs, I think that's what they are called, they look like roaches!! A few years ago we rented a vacation home in Tybee Island, GA and it had a private pool. Little did we know these big bugs would appear at night. It was awful!!!
__________________
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise in 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise in 2014. BC stay and Eastern Caribbean Cruise in 2015!!

DznyCrzy11 is offline  
Old 05-21-2013, 02:57 PM   #2706
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney
 
sjs314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 10,038

I am so far behind today but gonna try to catch up. I had a Dr Appt, went out for a late breakfast, went grocery shopping came home and napped while e eryone here was chatting away!




Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Good morning peeps! En route to the office.


10 DAYS!!!


jen I think we have all been there at one time or another. I was totally that way after our 2009 trip. It was just DS and I, and my BFF of course, but DS was totally out of control. He screamed a totally un-Disney thing at me in EPCOT and everyone around was staring at me. By the time we landed back at JFK I could have kissed the pilot for ending my misery. We didn't go back for 2 1/2 years after that. I got pregnant with Lily the next year and was afraid to travel while carrying her. We went back when she was 6 months, and it was like I had totally forgotten what a miserable time I had endured on our previous trip!
Dani
Whoo hoo 10 Days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
YAY FOR 10 DAYS!!!

Ack....so you feel me! I hate to sound like we didn't have a good time, we had an amazing trip. It is just so darned exhausting. And after a while it shows on the kids. We tried to slow it down, but boy it is hard to do that.

I was able to make ADR's for Ohana, California Grill on Nov 18!!, Chefs de France, and Whispering Canyon. The only ones for sure will be Ohana and CG, may change those others. We also want to do Hoop Dee doo but don't want to pay up front yet since this trip is still in jeopardy. Lots of time to book that I think.

jenny Great ADRs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Orchestra starts in 3rd grade, band in 4th. Chorus also starts in 3rd grade. HRH said she loves being onstage For a child diagnosed with anxiety...she is a superstar! She was sitting all the way in the back row for orchestra, but front and center for chorus. I am a proud momma!


Tickets to DL ARE cheaper.....Feb is an easier sell than December.....hopefully Janet and I will get together soon...and brainstorm...she's smartlike that...

At least a BB is booked Jen, plenty of time to change....

Welcome home!!! Decompress....my DH anticipates an aggravating vacation..I get it...kids get overtired and overstimulated sometimes...it's a lot. The trip home sounds UGH!! It sounds like a success overall Momma



Jeanette Thrilled for HRH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Good morning to all of you.

Jen! You're back! Welcome home, my friend. It's a sure sign he's melting fast with the "Good Booking Choices though" bit -- You should just book and then when he comes 'round, you can make changes.

I want to thank all of you for your advice and thoughts yesterday on the soccer-kiddo stuff...



So, I sat down with her last night and let her know that we wouldn't be angry at her if she wanted to stop doing the soccer thing. She initially told me that she wanted to keep going because she wanted to be with her friends. When I assured her she'd still see them at Girl Scouts and reiterated that we just want her to be happy and doing something she finds fun, she finally admitted she didn't want to play soccer anymore because it wasn't fun. Phew. Finally getting it out of her was a relief.

She then suggested to me that she wanted to try ballet -- completely out of the BLUE! (I've never mentioned ballet to her before.) I spent the rest of the day yesterday researching what dance classes are offered over the summer. If she gets into it, it should help with her coordination and confidence, I hope. (She was also keen on a science camp but the times don't jive with her existing Girl Scouts camp and the acting class... but that would have to wait until autumn.)

Oh, I'm doing some Dis-Math this morning... I learned all I know about Dis-Math from our Professor Pas.
Miss Ballet sounds like a choice
__________________
'89 & '90- Travelodge-Hotel Plaza Blvd,'92 & '93- POFQ,'94-YC,'95 & '96-WL,'97-CSR,'06-AKL,'07-Disneyland Hotel,'09-OKW,F&G '12-BWI,MVMCP '12-BWI,F&W '13-AKL

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline  
Old 05-21-2013, 03:13 PM   #2707
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO
 
letthewookiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 4,925

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyCrzy11 View Post
Eek!!! What gets me more than snakes are spiders!!!! I am terrified of spiders!!! In fact, when we planted in the garden this weekend, I was doing perfectly fine until I saw a spider and then another one, then another one!!!! At that point my DH ended up doing most of the work, lol. I can't stand scorpions either and the next worse thing to spiders are water bugs, I think that's what they are called, they look like roaches!! A few years ago we rented a vacation home in Tybee Island, GA and it had a private pool. Little did we know these big bugs would appear at night. It was awful!!!
Ugh, I HATE water bugs!!!!! We didn't have them at our house. When I was in high school, I was in a Program called Upward Bound (but I ended up dropping out, kinda long story). During the Summer, we got to live on the University of North Texas campus in the dorms, and those things were every where. We nicknamed them Godzilla roaches.
__________________
Me(38)DH(38) DS16 DS15 Bug R.I.P. 8/20/11
'81-OS/w parents; 3/94-OS/w HS band & met future DH; 7/00-OS,5th wedding anny; 3/04-CBR,DS's 1st trip; 10/06-WL,MNSSHP; 6/12-PC; 9/13-Swan/AKL SV; 5/14 DL; 12/14 SoG, Suz & I & MVMCP


"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline  
Old 05-21-2013, 06:33 PM   #2708
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 10,930

Good Evening Ladies!!!!

Trying so hard to remain caught up, but it's sooooo hard. Spent most of the day on the road for work today...up to Gorham, NH....which is pretty close to being as far north as you can go without hitting the Canadian border...

Then after work, it was gymnastics. I am feeling soooo overwhelmed by our family calendar...it's literally from one thing to the next, and I always feel like we are inevitably going to miss something because our schedules are so jam packed. Even DH said "Let's go back to Disney" today...

Ah well. We are going to have a big discussion about Disney vs. Turks & Caicos next year. Have to make a decision because the Turks sale ends tonight...
I'll let you know how that goes!

Another thing to is that if we do Disney, I'm really shying from Poly again because of the impending DVC construction...thinking GF or BWI??? DH votes BWI...just not sure....thoughts??
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD7) (DS Due 1/16/15!!)


PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline  
Old 05-21-2013, 06:35 PM   #2709
babyberger
DIS Veteran
 
babyberger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,797

Candace - when we booked T&C it was because the sale was ending. You know it actually continued for another 3 months. They are always running a promo.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
My Recent Deluxe Splurge Sept 2012 - YC, Oct 2012 - WL, Dec 2012 - CR CL, Feb 2013 - CR TPV
Starting the weekend trips again!

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds


Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline  
Old 05-21-2013, 06:38 PM   #2710
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 10,930

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Candace - when we booked T&C it was because the sale was ending. You know it actually continued for another 3 months. They are always running a promo.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Oh, that's good to know!!! I figured that was probably the case because I am always seeing sales. But, with our luck, this would be it for the sale!
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD7) (DS Due 1/16/15!!)


PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline  
Old 05-21-2013, 08:27 PM   #2711
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran
 
jennyjinx3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: canada
Posts: 4,754

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Good morning to all of you.

Jen! You're back! Welcome home, my friend. It's a sure sign he's melting fast with the "Good Booking Choices though" bit -- ou should just book and then when he comes 'round, you can make changes.

I want to thank all of you for your advice and thoughts yesterday on the soccer-kiddo stuff...



So, I sat down with her last night and let her know that we wouldn't be angry at her if she wanted to stop doing the soccer thing. She initially told me that she wanted to keep going because she wanted to be with her friends. When I assured her she'd still see them at Girl Scouts and reiterated that we just want her to be happy and doing something she finds fun, she finally admitted she didn't want to play soccer anymore because it wasn't fun. Phew. Finally getting it out of her was a relief.

She then suggested to me that she wanted to try ballet -- completely out of the BLUE! (I've never mentioned ballet to her before.) I spent the rest of the day yesterday researching what dance classes are offered over the summer. If she gets into it, it should help with her coordination and confidence, I hope. (She was also keen on a science camp but the times don't jive with her existing Girl Scouts camp and the acting class... but that would have to wait until autumn.)

Oh, I'm doing some Dis-Math this morning... I learned all I know about Dis-Math from our Professor Pas
Miss: Glad your talk with her went well, it is nice when they open up and are honest instead of trying to please us. I bet ballet would be a nice change for her! I think it is good for them to dabble in lots of things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Happy Tuesday Peeps!!

Dzny, hope you had a great weekend celebrating the big 30!!

Wookie, SNAKES??

Dani, , happy the trip is on!! If you need to scale back a bit, so be it... you will be at Disney checking out those great new CL Poly rooms, it will be great!

Jen, Welcome home!! As others have posted you guys just need to take a breather, the magic will be there still...happy you made your ADRs, and you got CG.



Jen, Have you stayed at the values before? POP offers plenty of fun, energetic, over the top theming, great CMs and food court (new menu too), No ppol slides but plenty of pool activities. The values and POP isn't for everyone, but your girls might like a change of pace.

We deliberated between an AoA suite and 2 rooms at POP last August as well and we ended up at POP. It was slighter cheaper, we had 4 real beds and two separate rooms (we had 4 adults-counting Sam -- my young niece). We like the completely separated rooms (we requested connecting and got it), plus we reallly do like POP.

The BB at POP is 25%; believe the suites are 15%?

NOW, AoA does have the great new pool and splash area... For your family size/ages, might lean to AoA... great, colorful theming, the girls will definietly love the pool area, the food court looks fantastic, and the Suites just look so cool...(and you have the efficiency too).

Either way, you are only a short walk away from the other resort.



It's good the talk with Miss M netted an answer Ballet will be great!! It helped Sam with her confidence.



the Queen majored in RCing and minored in Math. And your Math problem of the day gets an "A" from me!!



Agree!!



Hanging out with Gaston I expect!!



AWESOME!!



HRH found her niche! She looked so happy (and beautiful!)



why thank you my friend let me know about Saturday so we can brainstorm together...
Janet: thanks for all that amazing info, it's no wonder you at the queen of pop! Strangely though, I already feel a pull back to BC CL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
:


I'd make the ADRs just in case. You can always cancel if you change your mind about going. Your kids are only young for a short period of time, so I'd go as much as I could, and make those memories while you can. You won't be looking back years from now saying- wish we didn't take so many Disney trips
SueM: what an amazingly wise thing to say. And I mean that. I repeated it to DH. Can I be your Padawan learner??

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Well at least he's willing to talk about it sometime. Plus he was willing to think about it enough to read through the ADRs you made and form an opinion on them.

You totally have to go back to get your money's worth, and I'm sure he doesn't want to waste money.




Thanks. I didn't want to leave, but I had no other option. I can only miss 1 class a session and I wanted to miss tomorrow night's class, so I can see Joey's game. He didn't get to play last year due to injuries and I really miss seeing him out there. Maybe I'll still feel sick and I can email the professor.



I'm glad she was honest with you about it. Maybe she'll get into ballet and love it.



I have 51 days until our online check in and I'm still trying to figure out the best requests for our AKL PV room. At first the DH said he wanted to be near the buses, but now he wants to be close to The Mara, to make it easier to get drinks. I'm thinking to put the requests at 1) close to The Mara 2) close to an elevator.



I wish I had video'd it, but one morning, while waiting for the bus, JM went on an almost Donald Duck style rant about Canadian Bacon. He loves bacon and he said something about Canadian being an abomination and that it shouldn't be called bacon. I can't remember all of what he said, but he was so passionate about it, that it was hard not to laugh it was so funny.



We used to see them all the time growing up. I don't know if I've told this story here or not, but I'll tell it anyway. My parents live on 10 acres of land in the country. The property's back line is shared with a rock crusher, and there is another rock crusher on the other side of the highway. There are two houses on the property. I'm not sure if my grandfather bought it from a relative or if it was given to them, but I know that before we lived there a relative did. The house we lived in is totally surrounded by trees. One day, the lady that lived there before us was washing dishes in the kitchen sink. Since the crushers are so close, depending on where they are blasting rock, you not only hear, but feel the blast. Well she heard and felt the blast while doing the dishes and then a few moments later, started hearing things falling from the trees. Upon closer investigation, she found it was rattlesnakes falling from the trees. They must have blasted too close to a den of rattlesnake and the blast sent them flying into her trees.
Wookie: I am lol about the money thing, as generally I keep DH in the dark about how much everything costs!! Ha ha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
I'm thinking it would have to be one of those obstructed view rooms of Sunset or Arusha


Yum! We love the pretzel bread, and I could make a meal of that and the Cheese soup!



I'd risk it! If its on the list as an option, why not! for extra night! The peril of an AP . I started with 12 nights in Aug, and ended up with 14
SueM: that pretzel bread somehow always ends up in my purse....it's so weird!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyCrzy11 View Post
Eek!!! What gets me more than snakes are spiders!!!! I am terrified of spiders!!! In fact, when we planted in the garden this weekend, I was doing perfectly fine until I saw a spider and then another one, then another one!!!! At that point my DH ended up doing most of the work, lol. I can't stand scorpions either and the next worse thing to spiders are water bugs, I think that's what they are called, they look like roaches!! A few years ago we rented a vacation home in Tybee Island, GA and it had a private pool. Little did we know these big bugs would appear at night. It was awful!!!
DznyCrzy: okay now I am going to have nightmares about those water bugs. I thought our rental home in 2010 our first trip took the cake with the roaches crawling out of the bathtub drains at night!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
I am so far behind today but gonna try to catch up. I had a Dr Appt, went out for a late breakfast, went grocery shopping came home and napped while e eryone here was chatting away!





Dani
Whoo hoo 10 Days!



jenny Great ADRs!



Jeanette Thrilled for HRH!



Miss Ballet sounds like a choice
Sheila: I hope your DD's app't went ok.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Good Evening Ladies!!!!

Trying so hard to remain caught up, but it's sooooo hard. Spent most of the day on the road for work today...up to Gorham, NH....which is pretty close to being as far north as you can go without hitting the Canadian border...

Then after work, it was gymnastics. I am feeling soooo overwhelmed by our family calendar...it's literally from one thing to the next, and I always feel like we are inevitably going to miss something because our schedules are so jam packed. Even DH said "Let's go back to Disney" today...

Ah well. We are going to have a big discussion about Disney vs. Turks & Caicos next year. Have to make a decision because the Turks sale ends tonight...
I'll let you know how that goes!

Another thing to is that if we do Disney, I'm really shying from Poly again because of the impending DVC construction...thinking GF or BWI??? DH votes BWI...just not sure....thoughts??
Candace: wow you sure to have one busy schedule. Funny, my DH was impressed with BWI too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Candace - when we booked T&C it was because the sale was ending. You know it actually continued for another 3 months. They are always running a promo.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Melissa: hi there! How are things over there?
__________________
me and DH DD10, DD8, DD5 Thanks Kook!
jennyjinx3 is offline  
Old 05-21-2013, 08:52 PM   #2712
babyberger
DIS Veteran
 
babyberger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,797

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Melissa: hi there! How are things over there?
After our last trip we were Dis'd out. we needed a couple months to recoup but now everyone is asking when we are going back. I think by Nov, you will be good to go!

Things are as good as can be Steven is still only in school until 9:30am so life is crazy.

Oh and I am definitely more MIA than usual.....I am a hockey girl through and through and it is the playoffs GO BRUINS!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
My Recent Deluxe Splurge Sept 2012 - YC, Oct 2012 - WL, Dec 2012 - CR CL, Feb 2013 - CR TPV
Starting the weekend trips again!

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds


Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline  
Old 05-21-2013, 09:06 PM   #2713
Sue M
DIS Veteran
 
Sue M's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: B.C.
Posts: 9,599

[B[/B]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Good Evening Ladies!!!!

Trying so hard to remain caught up, but it's sooooo hard. Spent most of the day on the road for work today...up to Gorham, NH....which is pretty close to being as far north as you can go without hitting the Canadian border...

Then after work, it was gymnastics. I am feeling soooo overwhelmed by our family calendar...it's literally from one thing to the next, and I always feel like we are inevitably going to miss something because our schedules are so jam packed. Even DH said "Let's go back to Disney" today...

Ah well. We are going to have a big discussion about Disney vs. Turks & Caicos next year. Have to make a decision because the Turks sale ends tonight...
I'll let you know how that goes!

Another thing to is that if we do Disney, I'm really shying from Poly again because of the impending DVC construction...thinking GF or BWI??? DH votes BWI...just not sure....thoughts??
I'd go to BC over BWI. For some reason BW just doesn't appeal to me, maybe it's the clown pool but BC has SAB
__________________
Past Trips:
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Sue M is offline  
Old 05-21-2013, 09:17 PM   #2714
Sue M
DIS Veteran
 
Sue M's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: B.C.
Posts: 9,599

JennyJinx your welcome. Any time. My daughters are now 23 & 27. Once they get older its harder to find the mutual time to get away. My youngest works in a summer camp, and can't come on our summer trips anymore. My oldest still manages to come with me though, her job is more flexible.

Funny how those pretzel rolls know how to jump in purses .

Miss Ballet sounds good! My youngest tried so many sports, dance, baseball, field hockey, rugby, Girl Guides, piano, karate, snow boarding. She was on her high school ski & snowboard race team. It's all good, as long as they keep active in something.
__________________
Past Trips:
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Sue M is offline  
Old 05-21-2013, 10:11 PM   #2715
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran
 
disneydreamin247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: staten island
Posts: 5,734

Oh my FLIPPIN' GAWD! Today was a hell of a day at work. It literally took all of my being to not body slam my boss. UGH! I just kept chanting "10 more days. 10 more days."

She kept trying to push my work aside to make me do HER work. My work is not less important! And she was arguing with me that I needed to stop doing MY own work and do her stuff. It was ridiculous.
__________________
Dani DS DD
disneydreamin247 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: