Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 08:52 AM   #2686
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Pas: I am excited for you to do WL (that is where you are going??) We finally made it over there, and they actually showed us the deluxe room because we were curious to see it. But when I priced it with the BB it was $4400 for six nights!!! Thanks for the hug.

Wookie: Yes you should make a trip to Canada....there is so much to see!!! Sorry you weren't feeling well.

JanetB: Do you think we would like 2 rooms at POP??? I think it works out cheaper than AOA with the BB offer?

Miss: I vote for not making her do the soccer. If she is complaining before going that is a sign. As much as we want them to do certain things, it is pure torture if they are not into it. She sounds a bit like my oldest, who would be happy writing, drawing, painting all day long!

Dani: What is the status of the trip with your friend?? Is all ok now? We stopped at the Poly for a smell....ahhhhhh!

Hi to everyone else I have missed!! That is my pathetic attempt at catch up!! Back to the laundry!!

Jen
Old 05-21-2013, 10:06 AM   #2687
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Good morning to all of you.

Jen! You're back! Welcome home, my friend. It's a sure sign he's melting fast with the "Good Booking Choices though" bit -- You should just book and then when he comes 'round, you can make changes.

I want to thank all of you for your advice and thoughts yesterday on the soccer-kiddo stuff...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Miss: I vote for not making her do the soccer. If she is complaining before going that is a sign. As much as we want them to do certain things, it is pure torture if they are not into it. She sounds a bit like my oldest, who would be happy writing, drawing, painting all day long!
So, I sat down with her last night and let her know that we wouldn't be angry at her if she wanted to stop doing the soccer thing. She initially told me that she wanted to keep going because she wanted to be with her friends. When I assured her she'd still see them at Girl Scouts and reiterated that we just want her to be happy and doing something she finds fun, she finally admitted she didn't want to play soccer anymore because it wasn't fun. Phew. Finally getting it out of her was a relief.

She then suggested to me that she wanted to try ballet -- completely out of the BLUE! (I've never mentioned ballet to her before.) I spent the rest of the day yesterday researching what dance classes are offered over the summer. If she gets into it, it should help with her coordination and confidence, I hope. (She was also keen on a science camp but the times don't jive with her existing Girl Scouts camp and the acting class... but that would have to wait until autumn.)

Oh, I'm doing some Dis-Math this morning... I learned all I know about Dis-Math from our Professor Pas.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-21-2013, 10:15 AM   #2688
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post

Oh, I'm doing some Dis-Math this morning... I learned all I know about Dis-Math from our Professor Pas.
Good morning! :-)

Ooh...Dis-Math! What are we pricing? :-)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 05-21-2013, 10:44 AM   #2689
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Jen! You're back! Welcome home, my friend. It's a sure sign he's melting fast with the "Good Booking Choices though" bit -- You should just book and then when he comes 'round, you can make changes.

I want to thank all of you for your advice and thoughts yesterday on the soccer-kiddo stuff...

So, I sat down with her last night and let her know that we wouldn't be angry at her if she wanted to stop doing the soccer thing. She initially told me that she wanted to keep going because she wanted to be with her friends. When I assured her she'd still see them at Girl Scouts and reiterated that we just want her to be happy and doing something she finds fun, she finally admitted she didn't want to play soccer anymore because it wasn't fun. Phew. Finally getting it out of her was a relief.

She then suggested to me that she wanted to try ballet -- completely out of the BLUE! (I've never mentioned ballet to her before.) I spent the rest of the day yesterday researching what dance classes are offered over the summer. If she gets into it, it should help with her coordination and confidence, I hope. (She was also keen on a science camp but the times don't jive with her existing Girl Scouts camp and the acting class... but that would have to wait until autumn.)

Glad things worked out Miss!

I love Dis-Math with Professor Pas!!
These are my kind of math problems...
Take one vacation, divide into a split stay, add deposits...
Old 05-21-2013, 10:44 AM   #2690
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Good morning! :-)

Ooh...Dis-Math! What are we pricing? :-)

I wish it was more exciting... just adding a day at the beginning since I just found out school lets out that day at 10:25am?! I originally thought it was going to be a full day of school hence me booking it on the following day. Even the ol' hubster agreed, "Well, since we'll have the annual passes. Makes sense to me." He was even kinda -- as much as he ever does these things -- urging me to make the change. No way I was going to pass that up!

I forgot to answer when you asked about AKL's online requests. I'm assuming these are only the choices for the standard view rooms, but here are the options to choose from:
  • Highest floor
  • Lower floor
  • Near lobby
  • Near elevator
  • Near transportation
  • Sunset Savannah view *
  • Kudu Trail view *

(* Not sure why these two are listed on standard view?)
Old 05-21-2013, 10:54 AM   #2691
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I wish it was more exciting... just adding a day at the beginning since I just found out school lets out that day at 10:25am?! I originally thought it was going to be a full day of school hence me booking it on the following day. Even the ol' hubster agreed, "Well, since we'll have the annual passes. Makes sense to me." He was even kinda -- as much as he ever does these things -- urging me to make the change. No way I was going to pass that up!

I forgot to answer when you asked about AKL's online requests. I'm assuming these are only the choices for the standard view rooms, but here are the options to choose from:

[*]Highest floor[*]Lower floor[*]Near lobby[*]Near elevator[*]Near transportation[*]Sunset Savannah view *[*]Kudu Trail view *

I saw somewhere that you could get a partial savannah view as standard (not a desirable view, so changed to standard view room designation). I booked a pool view, so I would imagine the choices would be similar (except the last two). 2 more weeks til online checkin!! :-)

Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 05-21-2013, 11:08 AM   #2692
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Happy Tuesday Peeps!!

Dzny, hope you had a great weekend celebrating the big 30!!

Wookie, SNAKES?? Yikes!

Dani, , happy the trip is on!! If you need to scale back a bit, so be it... you will be at Disney checking out those great new CL Poly rooms, it will be great!

Jen, Welcome home!! As others have posted you guys just need to take a breather, the magic will be there still...happy you made your ADRs, and you got CG.

Quote:

JanetB: Do you think we would like 2 rooms at POP??? I think it works out cheaper than AOA with the BB offer?
Jen, Have you stayed at the values before? POP offers plenty of fun, energetic, over the top theming, great CMs and food court (new menu too), No ppol slides but plenty of pool activities. The values and POP isn't for everyone, but your girls might like a change of pace.

We deliberated between an AoA suite and 2 rooms at POP last August as well and we ended up at POP. It was slighter cheaper, we had 4 real beds and two separate rooms (we had 4 adults-counting Sam -- my young niece). We like the completely separated rooms (we requested connecting and got it), plus we reallly do like POP.

The BB at POP is 25%; believe the suites are 15%?

NOW, AoA does have the great new pool and splash area... For your family size/ages, might lean to AoA... great, colorful theming, the girls will definietly love the pool area, the food court looks fantastic, and the Suites just look so cool...(and you have the efficiency too).

Either way, you are only a short walk away from the other resort.

Quote:

It's good the talk with Miss M netted an answer Ballet will be great!! It helped Sam with her confidence.

Quote:
the Queen majored in RCing and minored in Math. And your Math problem of the day gets an "A" from me!!

Quote:
You would think for a multi billion dollar company that they could get a website together that works properly! :-)
Agree!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
The WDW site drives me crazy. What business has a website like that? I keep hoping they will fire the (apparent?) three guys that they employ to run it. Whenever it's down I figure the guys are recovering from yet another big night of way too much beer and pizza.
Hanging out with Gaston I expect!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
10 DAYS!!!
AWESOME!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Orchestra starts in 3rd grade, band in 4th. Chorus also starts in 3rd grade. HRH said she loves being onstage For a child diagnosed with anxiety...she is a superstar! She was sitting all the way in the back row for orchestra, but front and center for chorus. I am a proud momma!
HRH found her niche! She looked so happy (and beautiful!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Tickets to DL ARE cheaper.....Feb is an easier sell than December.....hopefully Janet and I will get together soon...and brainstorm...she's smartlike that...
why thank you my friend let me know about Saturday so we can brainstorm together...

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 05-21-2013, 12:22 PM   #2693
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Dani: Looking forward to the pics! Reminds me I need to clear out my phone's storage before our trip. Eep.

Pas: They are just beautiful. Someone got a bouquet, too! I haven't seen when it starts here but I assume it's something similar -- 3rd or 4th grade. I quite enjoyed chorus and band, I'd be stoked if Miss M picked either to try. (Kinda wish our district started these things earlier -- especially foreign language courses which start way too late. )

Quote:
I love Dis-Math with Professor Pas!!
These are my kind of math problems...
Take one vacation, divide into a split stay, add deposits...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
the Queen majored in RCing and minored in Math. And your Math problem of the day gets an "A" from me!!
All RCers are pros at Dis-Math. Perhaps we should start getting commission since not only are we experts, we enable others to be Dis-Math geniuses too?

Quote:
I saw somewhere that you could get a partial savannah view as standard (not a desirable view, so changed to standard view room designation). I booked a pool view, so I would imagine the choices would be similar (except the last two). 2 more weeks til online checkin!! :-)
Ah, I didn't know that! Hmmm. Nah, I'll just leave it to chance and stick with "highest floor."

Quote:
Quote:
It's good the talk with Miss M netted an answer Ballet will be great!! It helped Sam with her confidence.
Thanks ladies. It was a relief to finally hear her thoughts ... and not just what she thought would make us happy.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:51 PM   #2694
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
I plan on taking a trip to Canada some day. A childhood friend goes often with her family, and the pictures she posts are just amazing.

The DH and I have a running inside joke, that Canada is secretly planning on taking over the world. The only not nice person (whether it be celeb, or person we've met playing games or on message boards) that we have met (or heard interviews with) that were from Canada, was Avril Levine. We joke that the only way there is such a great number of super nice people, is they are trying to lull everyone into a false sense of security so they take over the world and make Canadian Bacon the #1 bacon in the world.

[/FONT][/COLOR]
Well who let the cat out of the bag about our secret plan of world dominance Marie was it you???
And our bacon IS #1 :-)
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Old 05-21-2013, 01:10 PM   #2695
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
Proud to be Canadian, but not overly patriotic! . blessed and thankful to live in the beautiful Country I do though!

Quote:
We're back! After a very long travel day (stuck at border for 2 hours dur to construction) we made it home around 7 pm. Phew, that's all I can say. What a whirlwind.

The kiddos were bonkers at times.... Let's just say DH swore on the way home that our Boston trip is going to be just us two. We'll see. But what the heck was I thinking? Tomorrow morning is our ADR day for our November trip!!! And DH is not quite in the mood to discuss. Not that we didn't have any amazing time, but wow I could have timed this a bit better. What the heck should I do? DH is like, we may not even go in November. I know it is the post Disney burn out, but not sure if I should even bother with ADRs. Crappy thing is I have already booked airlines. Hopefully his funk passes. The kiddos were crazy the past few days though.

Ended up booking the BB for AoA Lion King suite, POR wasn't available for Alligator Bayou only the RR which don't fit us. I know...WTH???

I am sure I will be changing that, either to POR if a better public or AP discount comes out or bump us up to Beach Club again, but non CL this time. It was amazing though and Miss we did meet Neil, he was a doll.

Oh yes, and the girls did do Jedi Training! It was awesome, and the Cantina Band helped lead their group down the street to the stage....that was super neat!

I will catch up here I promise....
I'd make the ADRs just in case. You can always cancel if you change your mind about going. Your kids are only young for a short period of time, so I'd go as much as I could, and make those memories while you can. You won't be looking back years from now saying- wish we didn't take so many Disney trips
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Old 05-21-2013, 01:18 PM   #2696
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:

• Highest floor
  • Lower floor
  • Near lobby
  • Near elevator
  • Near transportation
  • Sunset Savannah view *
  • Kudu Trail view *

That is strange, but I've heard that some rooms on Sunset were classified standard too, because they look out on the barn? Or some building, so Savana view is limited. Someone posted a pic of this room from balcony, and for a standard view price, I'd take it!
So check Sunset Savannah, what could go wrong lol or Kudu? They have both Sunset & Arusha.

Last edited by Sue M; 05-21-2013 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Sp
Old 05-21-2013, 01:20 PM   #2697
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post

That us strange, but I've heard that some rooms on Sunset were classified standard too, because they look out on the barn? Or some building, so Savana view is limited. Someone posted a pic of this room from balcony, and for a standard view price, I'd take it!
So check Sunset Savannah, what could go wrong lol
What's the Kudu Trail view I wonder??

Old 05-21-2013, 01:22 PM   #2698
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne
The WDW site drives me crazy. What business has a website like that? I keep hoping they will fire the (apparent?) three guys that they employ to run it. Whenever it's down I figure the guys are recovering from yet another big night of way too much beer and pizza.
Yes, same here!!! I get frustrated trying to use it. When I was able to make ADR's, it only allowed me to make one online and I had to call to make the others. I also can't view the balance online, I have to call for that as well...annoying!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B
Happy Tuesday Peeps!!

Dzny, hope you had a great weekend celebrating the big 30!!
Thank you!! It was a great weekend, even though we did yard work, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M

Well who let the cat out of the bag about our secret plan of world dominance Marie was it you???
Oh, I love bacon!!! I actually have an aunt who lives in Alberta, Canada. Everytime we watch the film at the Canadian Pavilion it makes me want to visit Vancouver, haha. We are finally trying Le Celliar for the first time!!
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise in 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise in 2014. BC stay and Eastern Caribbean Cruise in 2015!!

Old 05-21-2013, 01:30 PM   #2699
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That is strange, but I've heard that some rooms on Sunset were classified standard too, because they look out on the barn? Or some building, so Savana view is limited. Someone posted a pic of this room from balcony, and for a standard view price, I'd take it!
So check Sunset Savannah, what could go wrong lol or Kudu? They have both Sunset & Arusha.
Hmmmm. Very interesting! What if the room assignors look at those requests and say, "Well, we would upgrade her to a Savannah view but since she's so picky we'll just keep her in a standard?" Think I should risk it?

All of this talk of bacon makes me miss good ol' British rashers.

With this latest change, I feel like I'm forgetting something.
  • Changed our flight
  • Booked an extra night at the hotel
  • Called Magical Express with the new flight info
  • Called the fur-baby sitter
  • Booked the taxis

What am I missing?
Old 05-21-2013, 01:41 PM   #2700
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
So.... I timidly emailed DH about the ADRS, this was his response

don't wish to discuss YET!!!

Good booking choices though

The poor guy. I mean now that we have AP's we have to go back to get our money out of them right???
Well at least he's willing to talk about it sometime. Plus he was willing to think about it enough to read through the ADRs you made and form an opinion on them.

You totally have to go back to get your money's worth, and I'm sure he doesn't want to waste money.

Quote:
Wookie: Yes you should make a trip to Canada....there is so much to see!!! Sorry you weren't feeling well.

Jen
Thanks. I didn't want to leave, but I had no other option. I can only miss 1 class a session and I wanted to miss tomorrow night's class, so I can see Joey's game. He didn't get to play last year due to injuries and I really miss seeing him out there. Maybe I'll still feel sick and I can email the professor.

Quote:

I'm glad she was honest with you about it. Maybe she'll get into ballet and love it.

Quote:

I have 51 days until our online check in and I'm still trying to figure out the best requests for our AKL PV room. At first the DH said he wanted to be near the buses, but now he wants to be close to The Mara, to make it easier to get drinks. I'm thinking to put the requests at 1) close to The Mara 2) close to an elevator.

Quote:
I wish I had video'd it, but one morning, while waiting for the bus, JM went on an almost Donald Duck style rant about Canadian Bacon. He loves bacon and he said something about Canadian being an abomination and that it shouldn't be called bacon. I can't remember all of what he said, but he was so passionate about it, that it was hard not to laugh it was so funny.

Quote:
Wookie, SNAKES?? Yikes!
We used to see them all the time growing up. I don't know if I've told this story here or not, but I'll tell it anyway. My parents live on 10 acres of land in the country. The property's back line is shared with a rock crusher, and there is another rock crusher on the other side of the highway. There are two houses on the property. I'm not sure if my grandfather bought it from a relative or if it was given to them, but I know that before we lived there a relative did. The house we lived in is totally surrounded by trees. One day, the lady that lived there before us was washing dishes in the kitchen sink. Since the crushers are so close, depending on where they are blasting rock, you not only hear, but feel the blast. Well she heard and felt the blast while doing the dishes and then a few moments later, started hearing things falling from the trees. Upon closer investigation, she found it was rattlesnakes falling from the trees. They must have blasted too close to a den of rattlesnake and the blast sent them flying into her trees.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: