Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 04:18 PM   #2656
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Good grief! That had to be scary finding a snake in a dryer.
Wishing you loads of luck, I hope you get to go to the game!
oh it wasn't in the dryer (this time). It was just loose in the garage and when we went to walk into the garage was on the floor striking at him.

One time, last summer (or fall) he went to a house in the country. It too was a dryer in the garage and it wasn't heating. The DH got the dryer front taken off and the problem was a rattlesnake caught up in it. Luckily, it was caught in such a way, that it couldn't get to my DH, because he said he looked like it was trying to strike at him (but it was in too much of a bind to be able to). When he told the customer, she didn't believe him. He took her out and showed it to her, and told her to call animal control. Once the snake was out, he would come back out and take a look at it, but he was pretty sure once the snake was removed the dryer would work again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Wookie: Texans. Y'all are crazy.
Yes we are.

Which made me thinks of something, since we have so many ladies from different parts of the US (and Canada) I have a question for y'all. Here in Texas, being a Native Texan is something to be proud of, is it the same way with being a native resident of other states?

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 05-20-2013, 05:12 PM   #2657
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post

MarieI've been looking at DL flights....is janet available for a DIVA trip ...only downside would be no Dec WDW trip...but DL ugh
PAS - well, yes, that's a downer, but just think, you'd know at Christmas that in just two short months you'd be hitting up DL!!!! With some of your favourite gals that's a great compromise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post

Pas/Marie...DIVA trip... have been mulling that around in my head... as you say Pas the Dec trip is partly the reason ....heck I'm not even sure what we are doing this summer!! Need to get some stuff squared away... will get back to you both!

A big HELLO to everyone!! Have not had a chance to comment on what I've missed over the weekend...will go back and get caught up...
PAS/ JANET! OMG!!!!!! would LOVE for you to join the DIVA trip!!!! I have room in my room for a roomie! It would cut your room cost in half! But yes, if you guys decide to come, that would be amazing, I'm sure Linda would be thrilled as well! Almost like a mini RCer meet if you guys can swing it, the more the merrier, and I would LOVE to spend 5 fun filled days with you gals! I think this trip will be extra fun..... How amazing for so many women with the same love to get together and just HAVE FUN!
I'll keep fingers crossed you gals can make it happen!

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-20-2013, 05:13 PM   #2658
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
oh it wasn't in the dryer (this time). It was just loose in the garage and when we went to walk into the garage was on the floor striking at him.

One time, last summer (or fall) he went to a house in the country. It too was a dryer in the garage and it wasn't heating. The DH got the dryer front taken off and the problem was a rattlesnake caught up in it. Luckily, it was caught in such a way, that it couldn't get to my DH, because he said he looked like it was trying to strike at him (but it was in too much of a bind to be able to). When he told the customer, she didn't believe him. He took her out and showed it to her, and told her to call animal control. Once the snake was out, he would come back out and take a look at it, but he was pretty sure once the snake was removed the dryer would work again.

Yes we are.

Which made me thinks of something, since we have so many ladies from different parts of the US (and Canada) I have a question for y'all. Here in Texas, being a Native Texan is something to be proud of, is it the same way with being a native resident of other states?
I am certainly proud to be a New Englander born and raised!!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 05-20-2013, 06:03 PM   #2659
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Hmmm...I am not sure I'm extremely proud to be from Illinois necessarily, but I will claim the Midwest in general. :-)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 05-20-2013, 06:07 PM   #2660
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Hmmm...I am not sure I'm extremely proud to be from Illinois necessarily, but I will claim the Midwest in general. :-)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
My BFF is from Illinois. But she's a New Englander now.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 05-20-2013, 06:37 PM   #2661
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Proud to be Canadian, but not overly patriotic! . blessed and thankful to live in the beautiful Country I do though!

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
Old 05-20-2013, 06:41 PM   #2662
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

I think everyone knows us NYers are very proud people.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:38 PM   #2663
toodycat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
I think everyone knows us NYers are very proud people.
We New Yorkers are very, very proud of our state.
Grand Floridian 00, 01, 09 '11 12
Polynesian 06, 00
Wilderness Lodge 05 Grand Californian 04
Animal Kingdom Lodge 02, 10 Coronado 02, 01
Disney Magic 12, 09, 06, 02, 01
Disney Wonder 05
offsite 83, 89, 91
Old 05-20-2013, 07:44 PM   #2664
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Very proud New Englander!!!! May live thousands of miles away but Massachusetts will always be home!!!! BOSTON STRONG!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 05-20-2013, 08:06 PM   #2665
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Very proud New Englander!!!! May live thousands of miles away but Massachusetts will always be home!!!! BOSTON STRONG!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Like!

PAST TRIPS:
Old 05-20-2013, 09:04 PM   #2666
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

We're back! After a very long travel day (stuck at border for 2 hours dur to construction) we made it home around 7 pm. Phew, that's all I can say. What a whirlwind.

The kiddos were bonkers at times.... Let's just say DH swore on the way home that our Boston trip is going to be just us two. We'll see. But what the heck was I thinking? Tomorrow morning is our ADR day for our November trip!!! And DH is not quite in the mood to discuss. Not that we didn't have any amazing time, but wow I could have timed this a bit better. What the heck should I do? DH is like, we may not even go in November. I know it is the post Disney burn out, but not sure if I should even bother with ADRs. Crappy thing is I have already booked airlines. Hopefully his funk passes. The kiddos were crazy the past few days though.

Ended up booking the BB for AoA Lion King suite, POR wasn't available for Alligator Bayou only the RR which don't fit us. I know...WTH???

I am sure I will be changing that, either to POR if a better public or AP discount comes out or bump us up to Beach Club again, but non CL this time. It was amazing though and Miss we did meet Neil, he was a doll.

Oh yes, and the girls did do Jedi Training! It was awesome, and the Cantina Band helped lead their group down the street to the stage....that was super neat!

I will catch up here I promise....
Old 05-20-2013, 09:19 PM   #2667
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
We're back! After a very long travel day (stuck at border for 2 hours dur to construction) we made it home around 7 pm. Phew, that's all I can say. What a whirlwind.

The kiddos were bonkers at times.... Let's just say DH swore on the way home that our Boston trip is going to be just us two. We'll see. But what the heck was I thinking? Tomorrow morning is our ADR day for our November trip!!! And DH is not quite in the mood to discuss. Not that we didn't have any amazing time, but wow I could have timed this a bit better. What the heck should I do? DH is like, we may not even go in November. I know it is the post Disney burn out, but not sure if I should even bother with ADRs. Crappy thing is I have already booked airlines. Hopefully his funk passes. The kiddos were crazy the past few days though.

Ended up booking the BB for AoA Lion King suite, POR wasn't available for Alligator Bayou only the RR which don't fit us. I know...WTH???

I am sure I will be changing that, either to POR if a better public or AP discount comes out or bump us up to Beach Club again, but non CL this time. It was amazing though and Miss we did meet Neil, he was a doll.

Oh yes, and the girls did do Jedi Training! It was awesome, and the Cantina Band helped lead their group down the street to the stage....that was super neat!

Welcome Home!

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 05-20-2013, 09:20 PM   #2668
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Welcome back sweetie!!!!

Get some sleep, there's plenty of time to catch up!

You could just make reservations for the ADR's you know you want and go from there. You don't want to miss out once that post Disney funk dissipates....

PAST TRIPS:
Old 05-20-2013, 09:24 PM   #2669
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Welcome back sweetie!!!!

Get some sleep, there's plenty of time to catch up!

You could just make reservations for the ADR's you know you want and go from there. You don't want to miss out once that post Disney funk dissipates....
it's just hard, we had kind of felt on this trip that we have given them too much. They are grateful, but it is really hard to know if we are doing the right thing for them by going back again so soon in Nov. We do not want them to become spoiled brats you know? They are good kids, and we want to keep it that way. Sigh...
Old 05-20-2013, 09:35 PM   #2670
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
it's just hard, we had kind of felt on this trip that we have given them too much. They are grateful, but it is really hard to know if we are doing the right thing for them by going back again so soon in Nov. We do not want them to become spoiled brats you know? They are good kids, and we want to keep it that way. Sigh...
I absolutely understand.

For us, it comes down to this. Our daily lives are so hectic...so full of work, school, sports, community work, etc... Sometimes I feel like we are all ships passing in the night. So many times DH and I have to pick and chose what stuff we are going to for what kid, and we can't all be there together, because things are happening at the same time.

Our vacation time, is pure uninterrupted family time that is too precious to give up...and perhaps the best thing we can give our children...us....I don't look at it as spoiling, I see it as building the blocks for a solid family.

We don't spoil them a whole lot in the "real world". They don't get toys all the time. The are pushed hard with their academics and athletics and rarely complain about it.

Vacation is a reward for us all, because we all work so hard everyday.

You deserve it too.

PAST TRIPS:
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: