Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 01:30 PM   #2626
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

I think I'm going to still go on our trip. I am under so much stress at home, I really need to get away.

I ordered groceries from FreshDirect today because they sent me an offer for $50 off my order of $125. It worked out well since I wanted a lot of fruit and veggies and needed cases of water at home as well. The best part is they're delivering it tomorrow, and I won't have to fight with Lily in a grocery store for 2 hours.

sis Love the new switch. I didn't think CSR would stick.
koh Good luck!
Marie I am so sorry! I hope you find someone to room with. I would totally volunteer, but Feb 28th is DS birthday so I can't be in Disneyland without him. (as much as I may want to!!!)
Old 05-19-2013, 03:03 PM   #2627
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
I would LOVE to upgrade to CL, but it's at least $1000 more! Yikes!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Krystal I hear you the Poly is $150 more a night Good luck with the interview!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
Hi Guys! It's a long weekend here in Canada enjoying some quiet time with my IPad - so I can finally catch up, I miss you all so much!

I am so sad this morning because our Dear Christine has had to cancel the Diva trip with me -- albeit for much understandable reasons -- but I am really sad I won't get to spend those 5 fun-filled days with my dear friend and the best roomie! I am committed to the trip however, as my airfare is bought .....I just hope I can find a new roommate, and that I can still fit in when I don't know anyone! (Oh, except I feel I know our Dear Linda) so at least I'll have one familiar soul to gravitate towards,

Koh1977 good luck and much pixie dust wished for your interview!! You will rock it
MarieOh no poor Christine. I wish I could afford to go would love to see DL again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
I think I'm going to still go on our trip. I am under so much stress at home, I really need to get away.

I ordered groceries from FreshDirect today because they sent me an offer for $50 off my order of $125. It worked out well since I wanted a lot of fruit and veggies and needed cases of water at home as well. The best part is they're delivering it tomorrow, and I won't have to fight with Lily in a grocery store for 2 hours.

koh Good luck!
Marie I am so sorry! I hope you find someone to room with. I would totally volunteer, but Feb 28th is DS birthday so I can't be in Disneyland without him. (as much as I may want to!!!)
Dani Glad to hear your Trip is still on I thought about ordering groceries from Peapod when it was so hard to get out last winter. Maybe this year I will. Could be sooner seems like Bob is always either not sleeping or has some ache or pain lately, I have good days and bad but he has 3-4 days at a time, sucks to get old !

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-19-2013, 04:09 PM   #2628
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post

Krystal I hear you the Poly is $150 more a night Good luck with the interview!

MarieOh no poor Christine. I wish I could afford to go would love to see DL again.

Dani Glad to hear your Trip is still on I thought about ordering groceries from Peapod when it was so hard to get out last winter. Maybe this year I will. Could be sooner seems like Bob is always either not sleeping or has some ache or pain lately, I have good days and bad but he has 3-4 days at a time, sucks to get old !
My friend uses Peapod. She actually just posted how excited she is that they now have an app lol. FreshDirect is very popular here in NYC. The $50 offer was great, and I am so happy to not have to lift all the cases of water...and soda But really, the prices on the cases of soda and water were the same as Costco, and I don't even have to carry them! How can you beat that? The delivery fee is also pretty cheap. The prices however, aren't great on all things. For things like cereal, bread, peanut butter, snacks..I would still go to Target.
Old 05-19-2013, 04:26 PM   #2629
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Off to have an online interview for an online teaching position (part-time). Keep your fingers crossed!

Fingers crossed!!

Quote:
Hi Guys! It's a long weekend here in Canada enjoying some quiet time with my IPad - so I can finally catch up, I miss you all so much!

I am so sad this morning because our Dear Christine has had to cancel the Diva trip with me -- albeit for much understandable reasons -- but I am really sad I won't get to spend those 5 fun-filled days with my dear friend and the best roomie! I am committed to the trip however, as my airfare is bought .....I just hope I can find a new roommate, and that I can still fit in when I don't know anyone! (Oh, except I feel I know our Dear Linda) so at least I'll have one familiar soul to gravitate towards,

Koh1977 good luck and much pixie dust wished for your interview!! You will rock it
Happy Victoria Day Marie . I'm having some quality time with my iPad too, lol. But what happened to the sun? We were supposed to have 2 days sunshine before the next deluge! Ugh. And going to a BBQ tonight.

So sorry about your Diva Trip. Hope you find a roomie. But if you have to room alone, the great thing about DL is there are so many hotels within walking distance, not like WDW. So if you have to move hotels there's lots of selection. And with cell phones & texting its easy to meet up. I'm sure things will work out.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Old 05-19-2013, 04:36 PM   #2630
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Me too

So I mentioned it to DH he was like you want to DOUBLE the driving time with the kids

We can drink wine while stomping correct????
Maybe our next couples trip...

My 30th I was about 8 months preggers with HRH, and it was 100 degrees out....so I missed all the hype, I was too hot and hungry

Sis, you look nowhere NEAR 30

In the teens today So we had a 2nd floor room (really 1st floor with rooms if that makes sense) we LOVED the close up view!!!

To catch you up....another RC....

CSR BC~2 connecting rooms (I was originally told none) the CM called the resort...they are limited but available. It cut my grand total in HALF!!! I am almost PIF now!!!!
boy it's hard to keep up with you!!! So maybe no GF meet, but I think you'll be at BC when I'm at YC? Aug 20 we check in. So maybe a SAB meet!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Old 05-19-2013, 04:42 PM   #2631
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:

koh Good luck!
Glad to hear you're still going!

Old 05-19-2013, 04:53 PM   #2632
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
My friend uses Peapod. She actually just posted how excited she is that they now have an app lol. FreshDirect is very popular here in NYC. The $50 offer was great, and I am so happy to not have to lift all the cases of water...and soda But really, the prices on the cases of soda and water were the same as Costco, and I don't even have to carry them! How can you beat that? The delivery fee is also pretty cheap. The prices however, aren't great on all things. For things like cereal, bread, peanut butter, snacks..I would still go to Target.
Dani I did already d/l the Peapod app . Target has great prices on Grocery items!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Fingers crossed!!

Happy Victoria Day Marie . I'm having some quality time with my iPad too, lol. But what happened to the sun? We were supposed to have 2 days sunshine before the next deluge! Ugh. And going to a BBQ tonight.

So sorry about your Diva Trip. Hope you find a roomie. But if you have to room alone, the great thing about DL is there are so many hotels within walking distance, not like WDW. So if you have to move hotels there's lots of selection. And with cell phones & texting its easy to meet up. I'm sure things will work out.
Sue Enjoy the BBQ !

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila

Last edited by sjs314; 05-19-2013 at 06:38 PM.
Old 05-19-2013, 06:20 PM   #2633
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Fingers crossed!!

Thanks Sue! happy Victoria Day to you too hopefully the rain holds out and doesn't make an appearance at your BBQ!
I got such a good rate at the GCH, I wouldn't change to offsite, I'll just have to pay the price. I could save myself $250 by downgrading to standard view, but I enjoy a good view and a good location, so I'm hoping it all works out! Fingers crossed I get a roomie

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
Old 05-20-2013, 12:02 AM   #2634
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

I'm too sleepy to catch up now, but will in the AM. Just wanted to stop in and wish all of you lovely ladies a good night. I hope everyone had a great weekend!! Mine turned out to be better than I thought it was going to be.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 05-20-2013, 02:42 AM   #2635
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Interview went well. :-) moving forward to the next phase which is enrolling in an online class for 4 weeks.

Hope you all have a good night! :-)

Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 05-20-2013, 03:28 AM   #2636
sjs314

Quote:
Interview went well. :-) moving forward to the next phase which is enrolling in an online class for 4 weeks.

Congrates!

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 05-20-2013, 07:46 AM   #2637
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Quote:
boy it's hard to keep up with you!!! So maybe no GF meet, but I think you'll be at BC when I'm at YC? Aug 20 we check in. So maybe a SAB meet!
Yeah...I know but I'm going in July now not August...my AP expires 8/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
I'm too sleepy to catch up now, but will in the AM. Just wanted to stop in and wish all of you lovely ladies a good night. I hope everyone had a great weekend!! Mine turned out to be better than I thought it was going to be.
Great to hear Wookerina

Quote:

Hope you all have a good night!

Talk me OUT of BWI or BC...it'll save some money...I WANT WL....why why why do I do this
Old 05-20-2013, 08:31 AM   #2638
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
I still have some from my Nov-Dec trip I need to upload and. Am sitting here waiting for UPS Man to bring me my new camera
What kind did you get? I still want a Canon t4i (or maybe t5i).

Quote:
To catch you up....another RC....

CSR BC~2 connecting rooms (I was originally told none) the CM called the resort...they are limited but available. It cut my grand total in HALF!!! I am almost PIF now!!!!
That is awesome!! I have been tempted to change down to a mod, but this will be our last WDW trip for a while. I figure we might as well go Deluxe this time.

Quote:
Good afternoon ladies.

My trip is....disintegrating before my eyes. I don't know what's going on. My BFF is having mental health issues. I still want to go, but I just don't know anymore. I'm worried about managing the two kids completely alone. What would my RC sisters do?
I'm so sorry you're BFF is having issues. How easy are your kids to deal with at home when you are by yourself? If you can manage them fine when you go places around home, you may be fine at WDW.

Quote:
I'm jealous and excited today -- the trip I planned for my cousin and his boys in England is here! They are staying overnight in London and fly to Orlando in the morning! They check into Animal Kingdom Lodge tomorrow for 12 days of magical bliss - Deluxe park passes with park hoppers and waterparks and Deluxe dining!!!! They are spending one day at universal too! (Just taking a town car over from Disney for the day) I wish I could be there to share it with them!!! They'll have an awesome time I'm sure
It's our long weekend here (Victoria day) so it'll be nice to have a long weekend to relax at home
Enjoy your Saturday my friends!
I'm sure you have planned a magical trip for them. If you have relatives living in England, you may be the brain to pick for our 20th anniversary trip. I would love to go to England, but I'm afraid to travel to another country and it not be a guided tour thing. Then again, I really don't want to do a guided tour, especially since a guy we used to play WoW (who was from England) suggested against the guided tours.

Quote:
You should go. I'm sure you'll have a magical time.

Quote:
I would love to have groceries delivered, but I'm not sure if there is someone that does it in our area. We go through a lot of bottled waters, and buy the 2 1/2 gal, 1 gal, and 20-something oz bottles.

Quote:

Grats!!!

Quote:
Great to hear Wookerina

Quote:
Talk me OUT of BWI or BC...it'll save some money...I WANT WL....why why why do I do this
I'm having the same issue. Even though I am happy and excited about staying at the AKL, I keep thinking about the WL and how much I love it.

Well, Saturday we took the DSs to see the new Star Trek movie, and we all loved it. The soundtrack was amazing!! After the movie, they dropped me off at my sister's house to fur-baby watch. I slept on the couch, which would have been fine if the Irish Wolfhound hadn't thought that since I was on the couch, I could let him out to go potty about every hour through out the night. Plus he kept scaring me. He would lay in the kitchen, because the tiles were nice and cool. I was watching ghost shows. The only lights I had on were the lights in the guest bathroom (which is between the livingroom and master bedroom) and the light in the room with the washer and dryer (which is near the garage). I would see something big moving out of the corner of my eye, get scared, and realize it was just Clancy walking to the back door. When I did sleep, it was with a Beagle snuggled between my knees. Yesterday, we got to the Con late, like probably 1 PM. I had left the barcode print out (that I needed to have to exchange for our wristbands) at my sister's house, but they were able to look my purchase up online and gave them to us. We didn't get to see any of the Q&As, but we did get several autographs. We got Brandon Routh (Superman in Superman Returns), Brent Spinner (Data, in Star Trek: The Next Generation), Jasika Nicole (Astrid in Fringe), and John Noble (Walter in Fringe and Denethor in Lord of the Rings). I thought I like John Noble before, but now I LOVE him!! He's such a nice man. I went through and got his and Jasika's autographs for myself and then convinced the DH to let me get his autograph for my mom. Since it had been less than 30 minutes, he remembered us and I told him I was getting one for my mom that couldn't make it due to back issues. He seemed like to was actually concerned and asked several questions about her and her back issues. Plus he was super funny!! I could have easily talked to him all day. Now I just have to (not so) patiently wait for the information on the next Con in October.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 05-20-2013, 09:11 AM   #2639
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Pasmust have missed the date change .

Old 05-20-2013, 09:14 AM   #2640
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks Sue! happy Victoria Day to you too hopefully the rain holds out and doesn't make an appearance at your BBQ!
I got such a good rate at the GCH, I wouldn't change to offsite, I'll just have to pay the price. I could save myself $250 by downgrading to standard view, but I enjoy a good view and a good location, so I'm hoping it all works out! Fingers crossed I get a roomie
Rain held out last night . Sending you pixies for a roomie!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: