Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 05:52 AM   #2611
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Jeanette Kinda funny about you switching to CSR BC as I was looking at the room view pics someone posted on the CSR BC Thread and went to check availability for our dates, It became our favorite Mod when we stayed there before. But I would not save much so maybe next trip, I am really wanting to go back for F&G in March but I doubt it too close to this trip.
I am always scared of the mods...too big..BUT we are guaranteed the location..and a slide at the pool PLUS I wanna go in Dec....

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Good afternoon ladies.

My trip is....disintegrating before my eyes. I don't know what's going on. My BFF is having mental health issues. I still want to go, but I just don't know anymore. I'm worried about managing the two kids completely alone. What would my RC sisters do?

sis No more Poly? Gee, should I feign being surprised? And thank you, but I feel like I'm 90.
SIS!! I wish I could go sooner...you can totally do WDW alone with the kiddos..BUT it would help to have an extra adult to go with Danimal on the big rides and such. And just an extra set of hands at the pool...ugh..maybe back to August...share dates with me or Janet...SOMETHING will work out!!! It wasn't easy with the girls alone, but it worked and we had fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
ADD my Vote!!!! I think that sounds like a mighty fine idea
I'm jealous and excited today -- the trip I planned for my cousin and his boys in England is here! They are staying overnight in London and fly to Orlando in the morning! They check into Animal Kingdom Lodge tomorrow for 12 days of magical bliss - Deluxe park passes with park hoppers and waterparks and Deluxe dining!!!! They are spending one day at universal too! (Just taking a town car over from Disney for the day) I wish I could be there to share it with them!!! They'll have an awesome time I'm sure
It's our long weekend here (Victoria day) so it'll be nice to have a long weekend to relax at home
Enjoy your Saturday my friends!
Hi Marie I know they'll LOVE AKL! Hope everything else is "uneventful" with you!

Quote:
I got nervous and booked too! I'll be flying INTO LAX on FEB 25, and arriving around 12:30. Hopefully Christine will get a flight close to my time so we can take the shuttle together. I decided to fly OUT of SNA Orange County airport, as it is only 15 min from DL - less hectic on my departure day is better! I depart at 2:50 pm, so that gives me a leisurely morning for brunch and a last look about before heading out to the airport. The prices where a little higher than I liked ($269 EDMONTON to LAX / $280 SNA to EDMONTON) - gee, I could have flown to Florida for that! but at least it's booked and guaranteed. Also, breaking it up I to one way fares made it easier to budget and pay for, it didn't hurt as much as paying for it all at once would have!
I hate that booking airfare is such a gamble!! Now I'm hoping Christine finds good times and prices for her flights
Yay for flights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-19-2013, 06:02 AM   #2612
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
I got nervous and booked too! I'll be flying INTO LAX on FEB 25, and arriving around 12:30. Hopefully Christine will get a flight close to my time so we can take the shuttle together. I decided to fly OUT of SNA Orange County airport, as it is only 15 min from DL - less hectic on my departure day is better! I depart at 2:50 pm, so that gives me a leisurely morning for brunch and a last look about before heading out to the airport. The prices where a little higher than I liked ($269 EDMONTON to LAX / $280 SNA to EDMONTON) - gee, I could have flown to Florida for that! but at least it's booked and guaranteed. Also, breaking it up I to one way fares made it easier to budget and pay for, it didn't hurt as much as paying for it all at once would have!
I hate that booking airfare is such a gamble!! Now I'm hoping Christine finds good times and prices for her flights
Marie I agree about flying out of SNA, LAX can be a Zoo! I felt the same way when paing for my flights since I bought mine separate too, it dd not hurt as much as if I had bought RT.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-19-2013, 07:02 AM   #2613
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Morning RC family!

Well the winning powerball ticket was bought on FL but it wasn't mine

Life is crazy as usual but we just keep moving forward one day at a time at least this week some if the crazy will be packing for our long weekend in Sarasota/Siesta Key! I seriously can't wait for a change of scenery!!!

Steven and I were taking a walk last week and I asked how he would feel if we did the beach or something else for vacation instead of Disney this winter. He thought about and said, no, he wants a full week in Disney oh and we are only allowed to stay at CR or BLT. He cracks me up!!!

I know I have missed a ton but here is my quick attempt at a partial catch up...

Dani - I hate to see you cancel your trip, but how would you manage rides with Danimal without the second adult. Do you bite the bullet and buy a plane ticket for your mom or dad? HUGS!! I know how much you NEED this trip!!!

Jeanette - CSR, didn't you have that booked already, LOL! Good luck to DS this week!

Marie - woohoo on the return flight! Now you are all set!!! I can't wait to hear how your cousin likes his trip!!!

Jen - so glad you are having a great trip! Don't worry about the mommy stuff, we have all been there!

DznyCrzy - happy belated!!!

Wookie - I know you are enjoying your weekend fur baby sitting!!

Linda - congrats on the wedding!!! I am sure you will figure how to move your trip and still make is a super duper GG split

Koh - your DD is adorable! Looks like she was in sheer bliss!!

Shelia - how is the new camera?

Miss - your trip is right around the corner! Is miss M going to get over no SAB this trip or next trip??? Or will there be an RC in your future?

HUGS to Janet, Lacey, MAGIC, Candace and everyone else I am leaving out!!!

Melissa

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 05-19-2013, 07:35 AM   #2614
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
I am always scared of the mods...too big..BUT we are guaranteed the location..and a slide at the pool PLUS I wanna go in Dec....

SIS!! I wish I could go sooner...you can totally do WDW alone with the kiddos..BUT it would help to have an extra adult to go with Danimal on the big rides and such. And just an extra set of hands at the pool...ugh..maybe back to August...share dates with me or Janet...SOMETHING will work out!!! It wasn't easy with the girls alone, but it worked and we had fun!

Hi Marie I know they'll LOVE AKL! Hope everything else is "uneventful" with you!

Yay for flights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jeanette Before CSR we only had stayed at POFQ 2X, I had wanted to try CBR but Bob said no same with Riverside, although at the time it was Dixie Landings because of the size. We arrived at CSR on opening Day and were placed in Casitas 1 which is now preferred, perfect location plus I am not sure but I think perhaps it opened in stages since I think there was only 1 bus stop. I could get Bob back there since he has no clue how big the resort is now.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 05-19-2013, 07:40 AM   #2615
sjs314

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Morning RC family!

Life is crazy as usual but we just keep moving forward one day at a time at least this week some if the crazy will be packing for our long weekend in Sarasota/Siesta Key! I seriously can't wait for a change of scenery!!!

Steven and I were taking a walk last week and I asked how he would feel if we did the beach or something else for vacation instead of Disney this winter. He thought about and said, no, he wants a full week in Disney oh and we are only allowed to stay at CR or BLT. He cracks me up!!!

I know I have missed a ton but here is my quick attempt at a partial catch up...

Dani - I hate to see you cancel your trip, but how would you manage rides with Danimal without the second adult. Do you bite the bullet and buy a plane ticket for your mom or dad? HUGS!! I know how much you NEED this trip!!!

Jeanette - CSR, didn't you have that booked already, LOL! Good luck to DS this week!

Marie - woohoo on the return flight! Now you are all set!!! I can't wait to hear how your cousin likes his trip!!!

Jen - so glad you are having a great trip! Don't worry about the mommy stuff, we have all been there!

DznyCrzy - happy belated!!!

Wookie - I know you are enjoying your weekend fur baby sitting!!

Linda - congrats on the wedding!!! I am sure you will figure how to move your trip and still make is a super duper GG split

Koh - your DD is adorable! Looks like she was in sheer bliss!!

Shelia - how is the new camera?

Miss - your trip is right around the corner! Is miss M going to get over no SAB this trip or next trip??? Or will there be an RC in your future?

HUGS to Janet, Lacey, MAGIC, Candace and everyone else I am leaving out!!!

Melissa

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Melissa Shucks, darn there goes the big DIS party, I never did buy any tickets, I had planned on getting some then I just decided I wasn't going to win anyway so I kept my money

I played with the cam a bit will need to play a lot more before my trip So far I love it!

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 05-19-2013, 09:39 AM   #2616
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Maybe next time Enjoy the beach next weekend

Quote:
Jeanette Before CSR we only had stayed at POFQ 2X, I had wanted to try CBR but Bob said no same with Riverside, although at the time it was Dixie Landings because of the size. We arrived at CSR on opening Day and were placed in Casitas 1 which is now preferred, perfect location plus I am not sure but I think perhaps it opened in stages since I think there was only 1 bus stop. I could get Bob back there since he has no clue how big the resort is now.
About CSR The girls REALLY want to be by the castle........so I have a new ticker
Old 05-19-2013, 09:43 AM   #2617
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:

About CSR The girls REALLY want to be by the castle........so I have a new ticker
I can't see the tickers on the iPad app. Do tell!! Are we back to a sandwich??

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 05-19-2013, 10:22 AM   #2618
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
I can't see the tickers on the iPad app. Do tell!! Are we back to a sandwich??

My bad.....WL CL
Old 05-19-2013, 10:26 AM   #2619
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My bad.....WL CL
I approve!!!

So, last night we were discussing our 2014 vacation options and DH brings up the Caribbean again, specifically Turks and Caicos....soooo, we price it out and it's really doable. DH says Mickey will be there when we get back, yada,yada,yada....we are all kind of excited about it...until this morning...when we were reading a thread of funny Disney pictures and then took out our pictures and started wanting to be at Disney again.....

DH and I both agree that Disney is crack!!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 05-19-2013, 10:46 AM   #2620
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
I approve!!!

So, last night we were discussing our 2014 vacation options and DH brings up the Caribbean again, specifically Turks and Caicos....soooo, we price it out and it's really doable. DH says Mickey will be there when we get back, yada,yada,yada....we are all kind of excited about it...until this morning...when we were reading a thread of funny Disney pictures and then took out our pictures and started wanting to be at Disney again.....

DH and I both agree that Disney is crack!!!!
Yes...crack disguised as pixie dust

I know you LOVE our OFC Candace!!! I was really attempting a budget, but2014 is a no Disney year so IT'S ON!!
Old 05-19-2013, 10:50 AM   #2621
sjs314

Quote:

Well that lasted long Jeanette WL CL sounds good too!

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 05-19-2013, 10:50 AM   #2622
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well that lasted long Jeanette WL CL sounds good too!
I am a hot mess Sheila
Old 05-19-2013, 12:54 PM   #2623
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Off to have an online interview for an online teaching position (part-time). Keep your fingers crossed!

Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 05-19-2013, 12:55 PM   #2624
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:

My bad.....WL CL
I would LOVE to upgrade to CL, but it's at least $1000 more! Yikes!

Old 05-19-2013, 01:10 PM   #2625
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Hi Guys! It's a long weekend here in Canada enjoying some quiet time with my IPad - so I can finally catch up, I miss you all so much!

I am so sad this morning because our Dear Christine has had to cancel the Diva trip with me -- albeit for much understandable reasons -- but I am really sad I won't get to spend those 5 fun-filled days with my dear friend and the best roomie! I am committed to the trip however, as my airfare is bought .....I just hope I can find a new roommate, and that I can still fit in when I don't know anyone! (Oh, except I feel I know our Dear Linda) so at least I'll have one familiar soul to gravitate towards,

Koh1977 good luck and much pixie dust wished for your interview!! You will rock it

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: