Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 04:14 PM   #2551
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Hi ladies! We are having an amazing time so far! DH and I feel like we have done a 7 day trip already in 2 days! Honestly it is amazing the difference in the girls even since September, they can go go go!

Our room is 5672, full balcony, daybed, facing the front of the BC. We can see the little waterfall out front, and a lovely Oaktree! CL is perfect for us right now, the timing has been impeccable to be able to come back for our night out at MK last night ( after going through Epcot to do a few rides and see the OZ garden) to have some sweets and drinks. Breakfast was good, in a few minutes we are going to have some munches before heading to HS to see Fantasmic tonight. I LOVED New Fantasyland in the dark last night, what a special sight to see Cinderellas castle, belles castle and my favourite was aerials castle all lit up. So neat.

SAB is awesome!! DH and I think we may have spoiled the kids now for sure! Our latest conversation is where the heck to book the bounce back for??

In the running is here, contemporary, or POR. I think I could always modify it right?

Gotta go, have to get the girlies cleaned up after pool time! Thanks for asking about our trip!

Jen
Thanks for checking in!!! Soooooo glad you are having a fabulous time!!!

Quote:
Oh I forgot to add, Yak and Yeti lunch has been our new favourite! Soooo good!!

DH and I had tuna with wasabi, wok fried green beans, Thai wings, lettuce cups for two and fried wontons and shared. OMG...so good.
We love Yak & Yeti too, and their takeout counter is amazing too!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 05-16-2013, 04:38 PM   #2552
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:

DH and I had tuna with wasabi, wok fried green beans, Thai wings, lettuce cups for two and fried wontons and shared. OMG...so good.
I am looking forward to our lunch there in a few months!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-16-2013, 04:40 PM   #2553
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Yeah, I admit. My curiosity got the better of me....O.M.G.

Those things belong in a horror movie. I hate bugs!

And I was getting mad about the teeny, tiny little ants that keep finding their way in...
Aren't they HORRENDOUS?! I never saw them before moving out here. The worst part is they move like lightning! Supposedly, they eat spiders. As much as I abhor arachnids, I'd rather take my chances with them any day of the week over these things.

Quote:
Hi ladies! We are having an amazing time so far! DH and I feel like we have done a 7 day trip already in 2 days! Honestly it is amazing the difference in the girls even since September, they can go go go!

Our room is 5672, full balcony, daybed, facing the front of the BC. We can see the little waterfall out front, and a lovely Oaktree! CL is perfect for us right now, the timing has been impeccable to be able to come back for our night out at MK last night ( after going through Epcot to do a few rides and see the OZ garden) to have some sweets and drinks. Breakfast was good, in a few minutes we are going to have some munches before heading to HS to see Fantasmic tonight. I LOVED New Fantasyland in the dark last night, what a special sight to see Cinderellas castle, belles castle and my favourite was aerials castle all lit up. So neat.

SAB is awesome!! DH and I think we may have spoiled the kids now for sure! Our latest conversation is where the heck to book the bounce back for??

In the running is here, contemporary, or POR. I think I could always modify it right?

Gotta go, have to get the girlies cleaned up after pool time! Thanks for asking about our trip!

Jen
Yaaaaaaaaaaay, I'm so happy you guys are enjoying BC! Thanks for checking in with us... as you know, we're living vicariously through you. You can always change your BB, as far as I know. We've got all these experts around here who have done it plenty of times.

Hope your girlies enjoy Fantasmic! It was so great when we first went, we were kicking ourselves for not having seen it earlier.

Quote:

Got me DROOLING! I've been wanting to try Y&Y and also Flametree.
Old 05-16-2013, 04:42 PM   #2554
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

JJ - glad you're enjoying BC!!!

Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 05-16-2013, 06:09 PM   #2555
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
I leave for only 5 short days and ....... drama in our RC compound! NO WAY! But I will say you ladies did a great job of handling it ..... probably better Mama Linda wasn't here!!!

Jeanette the biggest hug to you and DS!!!

So I may have a little .... did I say little??? I mean BIG RC of my own .... while we were in So Cal DS told us the wedding .... which we've all been waiting years for ..... will be happening this fall .... late Oct or early Nov. When is my trip late Oct early Nov!!! Now we are all THRILLED about the wedding but do you think you could give me a date so I can start making my changes/plans???? No not until maybe July!!! It's going to be a very simple wedding .... after all they did just buy a house in So Cal .... $$$$$ .... so they are being practical. So as of right now my trip is in a holding pattern ....
GG Time to throw caution to the wind and have a Disney wedding, You know you want to!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Please, whatever you do, don't GOOGLE it! Unless you're a brave soul around creepy-crawlies.

I grew up with crickets getting into the house when it started to get humid... I'd rather have crickets a thousand times over than these nightmares-with-legs.
Miss the one office I worked in had centipedes I hated the little buggers especially when the Orkin Man came To spray OMG out the came.

Quote:

Jen
jenny Glad to hear you are having such a great time! How are the flies?

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 05-16-2013, 07:44 PM   #2556
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

So let me just start by saying .... no way I'm looking up any creepy crawly things on the internet .... hate bugs!!!

Quote:

Jen
Thanks for posting .... love hearing about your trip!!! Glad you are having so much fun. This is me joining you at the pool

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
GG Time to throw caution to the wind and have a Disney wedding, You know you want to!

Miss the one office I worked in had centipedes I hated the little buggers especially when the Orkin Man came To spray OMG out the came.

jenny Glad to hear you are having such a great time! How are the flies?
Disney wedding now there's an idea .... only problem my future DDIL grew up very close to DL and really has no interest in anything Disney!!!
Old 05-16-2013, 08:16 PM   #2557
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
So let me just start by saying .... no way I'm looking up any creepy crawly things on the internet .... hate bugs!!!

Thanks for posting .... love hearing about your trip!!! Glad you are having so much fun. This is me joining you at the pool

Disney wedding now there's an idea .... only problem my future DDIL grew up very close to DL and really has no interest in anything Disney!!!
GG I wanted (dreamed) of my boys getting married in Disney but both my future Ddil had other ideas. Tracy wanted to get married in Vegas and Ivory wanted to get married in NYC as that was where she was from.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 05-16-2013, 08:24 PM   #2558
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Is anyone else dying for another Jen update??? I'm totally living vicariously through her right now.

I just wrote a giant check for all of the summer camps coming up and bought DH a new set of golf clubs (his Father's Day/Anniversary present).
Can't help but think of what I could have used that $$ for at Disney.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 05-16-2013, 09:35 PM   #2559
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Okay, one more update before bed! just got back from Fantasmic....we loved it! DD4 just barely stayed awake, and we scooted out a few minutes early to avoid the crowds. But then DD8 realized the baby Mickey stuffy she got with her spending money gift card had its blanket left behind. So back DH went into the throngs to get it. I was a bad mommy though, and after seeing so many bad parenting examples in the parks I shouldn't have been. I kind of snapped at her. I felt so bad, and said sorry 100 times over.

Anyway, we are all super tired, and they really are doing great. When we got back in they were just cleaning up the lounge for the night, but we managed to grab some yogurt covered pretzels, water and gummies!

Oh...and all the sets were up at HS for Star Wars starting tomorrow, so we were able to take pictures at most of them! It was so neat! I am going to try sprinting to sign the girls up for Jedi training on Sunday, they love that show.

That's it for now....hopefully I can update you all again soon!

Jen
Old 05-16-2013, 09:40 PM   #2560
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Just checking in from my bed. I'm crying my eyes out from The Office's finale. I've literally loved this show from the first episode, and I can't believe it is ending. I feel like I'm losing a group of friends. I know this is is totally lame. I'm going to finish crying now!
Old 05-16-2013, 10:16 PM   #2561
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Ok, so somebody has a BOG ADR they're going to cancel. 8:40 at night on our resort day. Do I try to snag it or just stick with what we have and do BOG for lunch?

Old 05-16-2013, 10:39 PM   #2562
sjs314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Ok, so somebody has a BOG ADR they're going to cancel. 8:40 at night on our resort day. Do I try to snag it or just stick with what we have and do BOG for lunch?

If you want to eat there I would try to snag it. You can always cancel if you change your mind

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 05-16-2013, 10:48 PM   #2563
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post

If you want to eat there I would try to snag it. You can always cancel if you change your mind
Very true...me? Make a change? Never! Hehehe. :-)

Old 05-16-2013, 11:51 PM   #2564
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:

Wookster: Those redneck wine glasses are hilarious. We rarely drink our wine out of anything fancy unless it's a spendy bottle. Beer, on the other hand, gets the fancy tulip glasses. We're sorta backward like that.
I think they are too funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post

Did we win????
No, but that just means we have a chance at almost 1/2 a billion dollar pot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyCrzy11 View Post
Good Morning!!! Well today is my Friday so I'm doing great, LOL. Other than that, just undet 15 hrs until I'm 30!!! I think I'm making this a bigger deal than it is but I just have mixed emotions about turning 30!!!

Sent from my GalaxyS II
WOOT!! Happy Birthday!! Turning 30 didn't bother me. It was turning 30, 2 months and 2 days before my DH that bothered me. He kept saying that he had to agree with what I wanted during that time because he had to respect his elders, and would offer to buy me Depends. In turn, I would offer to blend his food into baby food and buy him Huggies.

Quote:
So I may have a little .... did I say little??? I mean BIG RC of my own .... while we were in So Cal DS told us the wedding .... which we've all been waiting years for ..... will be happening this fall .... late Oct or early Nov. When is my trip late Oct early Nov!!! Now we are all THRILLED about the wedding but do you think you could give me a date so I can start making my changes/plans???? No not until maybe July!!! It's going to be a very simple wedding .... after all they did just buy a house in So Cal .... $$$$$ .... so they are being practical. So as of right now my trip is in a holding pattern ....
Honestly, with as crazy as the housing market is in CA, I don't see how anyone can afford to live there. I thought it was here was bad, but I know it's nothing like it is in CA. Even a mobile home in my boys district (where they wouldn't have to change schools within the same ISD) is about $1,200 a month. My DH and I didn't have a big wedding at all. I think less than 75 people were there, no meal, or dancing. We had family there, at the end we were married, and that's all that truly matters. I'm sure they will have a beautiful wedding, even if it isn't an over the top David Tutera master peice.

Quote:
I've taken to wearing my ol' Mickey sandals I bought last year in HS; I refuse to go barefoot around the house any more as I've spotted my first house centipede of the year. Let me just tell you, I'm not a fan of house centipedes... not, not, NOT!
Well, at least it wasn't a grass snake.

Quote:
I grew up with crickets getting into the house when it started to get humid... I'd rather have crickets a thousand times over than these nightmares-with-legs.
The crickets are driving me nuts right now.

Quote:

Jen
I'm glad y'all are having such a great time and loving the BC.

Quote:

Making an ADR at Yak & Yeti was really the only thing my DH asked for on this trip. He loved the lettuce cups so much that he has to eat there again. I know it's an app, but I wish we could get it for an entree on the basic DDP, because it is what I would get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Just checking in from my bed. I'm crying my eyes out from The Office's finale. I've literally loved this show from the first episode, and I can't believe it is ending. I feel like I'm losing a group of friends. I know this is is totally lame. I'm going to finish crying now!
I don't think I have seen a full episode of that show. I get the same way with shows though. I remember the night of the last episode of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. The DH was a fast food asst. manager at the time and worked nights, so I had to tape the show (this was before DVR's). I pushed record on the VCR in our bedroom, kept the door open (so I would know when it was over), and went into the livingroom with the DSs. When I heard the music at the end of the show, I started crying. Then when I finally watch the episode with my DH, I cried nearly the entire time.

I went to work today with the DH. He didn't feel well, so I drove for him. We had to go to the store, before we headed home for the night. We passed a house that had a cage near the road and a sign that said, "Shih Tzu Puppies". They had two in a pack and play. The DH went up first and was talking to the couple and I finally went up. The man gave the female puppy to me and the puppy started licking my face. The man and woman looked at me like I had three heads. They said out of everyone that had stopped by, I was the only one she showed interest in and the only one she kissed. We're wearing the fil and mil down on getting one. Well I mean the fil really because the mil was ready for one to come home as soon as I sent her a pic. If you can't see my FB page here's a pic of the sweet Ewok looking baby....

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 05-17-2013, 12:33 AM   #2565
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
If you can't see my FB page here's a pic of the sweet Ewok looking baby....
You could call it Wicket!! :-)

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: