Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 07:26 AM   #241
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
If you get the Target debit card you get 5% off disney cards
I really hope the Disney cards are available here, I hope it is not just the same old things we can get here already.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:41 AM   #242
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

I just thought I would pop in and say hello.

The DH had to take his work car into the shop today, so I have to go to work with him. Well I probably don't HAVE to, but it will make it easier to pick up his car, and then get to school tonight, if I am with him when and he doesn't have to come back by the house to pick me up.

I thought I would start with my question here. The DH wants a room closest to the SAB, like around above Cape May Cafe and that end of the building. Are there GV rooms on that end of the BC.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-05-2013, 10:31 AM   #243
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Hello lovelies!

They cancelled school today. So, in celebration of Jen's town getting a Target, we went out to pay ours a visit too. Got some brownie mix for some kitchen mess-making later with Miss M. Also grabbed Wreck-It Ralph for $12 with a coupon! (It's good, isn't it? The trailers looked funny.)

But here's the most exciting new for me anyway...

You know the Southwest email that arrived this morning announcing the sale through Oct. 30th, you know what that did, right? Of course, I checked the prices and -- $111 return? SOLD! The departing was only $135 each so I couldn't help myself. Oh boy. Hubs even said go for it. I guess, now that we've got the flights, it's official?

Wookie: I'm not sure about the location of the garden views. I'm absolutely positive someone on the YC/BC thread would know though.

Jen: What'd you get?! You know, without a doubt, I would've happily accompanied you shopping.

DetTigs: Thanks! Our winter has finally arrived. It's coming down quite fast now. Decided I would make our trip to the store early and it was dead. I wish other people would take the snow a bit more serious. Watched a woman on her cell (holding it to her face) slide around in front of me in the store parking lot. Seriously. If the slippery slush wasn't enough... let's add yapping on the phone as an additional distraction.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:42 AM   #244
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Miss: I thought of you! I knew you would come with me... I have not gone yet, apparently the store is crazy, news trucks etc. A big deal here!!

I don't know, I just cannot seem to get moving these days, winter blues have officially kicked in I think. Oh well, not too much longer until spring.

DD4 and I are going to head over after lunch, but if its too busy we might go another day. I will let you know!

CONGRATS on those awesome flight prices!!!
Talk later all....have a great Tuesday!

Jen
Old 03-05-2013, 10:46 AM   #245
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

I just noticed I am in the 3000's now!
Old 03-05-2013, 10:46 AM   #246
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
It was mid 80s at DL this past weekend for the Diva trip!
How did you enjoy the Diva trip Linda? I really want to start joining you ladies in a few years....it looks like great fun

Today is a hard day for DH , we are at the RCMP (police) station and he's giving his statement. He's been in the interview room for 1.5 Hours now. Hope he's holding up, as yesterday he was quite dizzy and icky feeling most of the day. He hasn't taken his antibiotic yet (amoxycillin) as its quite harsh on the stomach. Hope it's over soon!
A big hello and to you all
Marie

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
Old 03-05-2013, 10:52 AM   #247
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
Today is a hard day for DH , we are at the RCMP (police) station and he's giving his statement. He's been in the interview room for 1.5 Hours now. Hope he's holding up, as yesterday he was quite dizzy and icky feeling most of the day. He hasn't taken his antibiotic yet (amoxycillin) as its quite harsh on the stomach. Hope it's over soon!
Marie
Marie, That has to be so difficult. I hope the interview is over soon. Sending you extra hugs today. We are thinking of you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
I just noticed I am in the 3000's now!
Jenny, Posts in the 3,000 and a Target?? Sounds like a great day!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Hello lovelies!

They cancelled school today. So, in celebration of Jen's town getting a Target, we went out to pay ours a visit too. Got some brownie mix for some kitchen mess-making later with Miss M. Also grabbed Wreck-It Ralph for $12 with a coupon! (It's good, isn't it? The trailers looked funny.)

But here's the most exciting new for me anyway...

You know the Southwest email that arrived this morning announcing the sale through Oct. 30th, you know what that did, right? Of course, I checked the prices and -- $111 return? SOLD! The departing was only $135 each so I couldn't help myself. Oh boy. Hubs even said go for it. I guess, now that we've got the flights, it's official?
Missout-Your weather looks yucky today! 16 days 'till spring.

Hooray for flights booked !
Old 03-05-2013, 10:56 AM   #248
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
I just thought I would pop in and say hello.
I thought I would start with my question here. The DH wants a room closest to the SAB, like around above Cape May Cafe and that end of the building. Are there GV rooms on that end of the BC.
Hi Wookie! I don't know the answer to your q, maybe the YC/BC thread would have someone who could help.

Quote:
Alright, I'm booking our pre and post cruise stays tonight. I am thinking AoA pre and Poly for post. Sound like a good plan?
Dani-Yay for booking !!

Quote:
GG-Lucky you!!
Old 03-05-2013, 11:11 AM   #249
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Marie - sending prayers and positive thoughts your way...

I am on day 2 of 3 staying home with DD. DH gets back home (traveling for work) tomorrow, so he has her Thursday and Friday. She's in good spirits but I think she's frustrated she can't go running after her brother or anything whenever she wants. They said they'll put a full cast on her on Friday. Hopefully she'll feel more comfortable with getting around then.

Anyway, just saying hello to everyone! Have a great day!
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 03-05-2013, 11:12 AM   #250
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Thanks, I'll go over there and ask.

I ended up not going to work with the DH today. I went to get JM up to get dressed for school a little early, so I could take a quick shower before getting him on the bus, and he had a fever. It was a 101.2, but he had been bundled up with a blanket. He makes a burrito out of himself and that blanket, including totally covering his head. Besides, the DH's car was done, and luckily it was only $215. I'm going to spend the day reading for school and watching school videos. I am totally not going to watch any more of Felicia Day's Flogs. Then tonight is my first night of class and my first real programming class.

Evidently, I had a moment of weakness on Sunday night, which was how the DH knew I really didn't feel good. I told him if he wanted to, I would put the WDW trip off until next year, and this summer we could do the train trip out to CA instead. He declined and then tucked me into bed.

ETA....
A friend just posted on her FB page that Disney is teaming up wit Vera Bradley to have a line of bags.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 03-05-2013, 12:04 PM   #251
MAGIC...itis!
Closer to Fulfilling My Quest to Stay at Every Resort...So far... AKL, ASmo, ASmu, ASsp, BC.3, BLT, BWI.2, CBR, CR.4, CSR.2, GF, OKW, POFQ, POL.3, POP.2, POR.9, WL, YC.2

Location: RC Land ________________________ My banana won't dance... might this be a sign?

Hi RCers. We are back from our most magical long weekend at WDW. Our upgrade was pretty off-the-charts, I provided a link here of the room description and some pics:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=495

Otherwise the weather was perfect for us... not much over 60 any day. I know lots of you would prefer warmer. And actually most people wore hats, gloves and scarves, and were shivering just like this little dude... The crowds were pretty manageable although this year's early Spring Training schedule did bring more folks than usual.

Some thoughts about dining: Raglan Road was a great addition to our line-up and we will be eating there again. Somehow I had never eaten at Crystal Palace, so I decided it really was a must-do this time. With that great Castle view and really good character interaction and even pretty good food for a WDW buffet, I thought I should have loved it. But for whatever the reason I was not wowed by it at all. I probably won't be back again for quite a while given so many other more appealing choices. Chefs de France was nice enough. Service has always been flighty here IMO, but we still like the food enough to return.

Activities: The Fantasia golf course was fun. Long, long holes and simulated real golf greens provided us a few hours of good fun. Then we went back and played the mini-golf side! I am such a sucker for that stuff! Richard Petty Driving Experience was DHs favorite part of this trip. He liked the ride-along so much he now wants to return for the driving experience.

Next stop... OKW... or maybe I can sneak in another quickie between now and August. And I will attempt to play catch up over the next few days with all your goings-on.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:06 PM   #252
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Hi Peeps!!

Quote:
Janet: I'm so curious how Sam's school year looks. I remember you mentioning it before. It sounds like such a strange but interesting concept -- not at all like what we grew up with. (Do all the schools have A/C? That seems to be the biggest objection to any summer-related school activities around here -- lots of buildings lacking A/C.)
Miss, not sure what I've ever posted on Sam's school. We also do not have central air... most of the bldgs are older so no air in those areas at all... just the newer sections/modulars get AC now. Every year the kids take finals in non AC rooms the school uses fans but it doesn't do a whole lot if it is hot and humid.. We also have very little extended breaks in the school year ... just one week and that is between Christmas/New Years and three days at Easter, the rest are for in service, holidays, etc. This is why it difficult to go during slower times (if there is such a thing at Disney these days...) when it would be less humid weather. With the work/extra activities that middle school/high school brings she doesn't want to miss a whole week of school for trips. Totally understand it.

Quote:
And again, what is up with all this RC-women's gorgeous hair? The post #2 pic ... and all of these lovely Dis-Divas pics I'm seeing of Linda! Y'all need to throw some of those good-hair genes over here.
Thanks Miss! I remember that day so well... "meeting" up with Sarah and Jeannette for the first time...I knew right then and there we would be fast friends.. Our Linda did indeed look amazing!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
I'm tired of the snow! Didn't even know we were supposed to get more tonight, but I heard it on the radio and double checked. Blah...is it Spring yet??
Spring will be here soon... remember the saying "March comes in like a lion..." Hang in there!!

Quote:
Hi Linda! Happy you had great time and had great weather! Looking forward to hearing all about your trip.

Quote:
I just booked 6 nights CL GV after our cruise. Guess where. I'm not booking our one night before the cruise yet. I'm waiting for discounts because the rates are obscenely high. $342 for a suite at AoA?
Dani!! And I hear ya on AoA.. keep wanting to stay there (in a Cars suite of course :) and can't get past the $$ tag...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Ok, I am excited...our very own Target is opening here today!! Whoo Hooo!!

I phoned my Mom to see if she was interested in going there with me, but conversation started with "Oh I saw the fools on the TV who are lining up to get in....Ridiculous!!" Ummm...ok, "talk to you later Mom!!" LOL
: Love Target! have fun shopping! Oh and congrats on being in the 3,000s!

Quote:
Congrats Miss!! Great score on SW! yep, now it's official!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
Marie
Marie, been keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers hope the interview is over soon so he can get home to rest...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Marie - sending prayers and positive thoughts your way...

I am on day 2 of 3 staying home with DD. DH gets back home (traveling for work) tomorrow, so he has her Thursday and Friday. She's in good spirits but I think she's frustrated she can't go running after her brother or anything whenever she wants. They said they'll put a full cast on her on Friday. Hopefully she'll feel more comfortable with getting around then.

Anyway, just saying hello to everyone! Have a great day!
Hello!! Hope DD will be happier once the cast is on...maybe you all can have some fun family time decorating it!! How 'bout some hidden mickeys??

Quote:
I ended up not going to work with the DH today. I went to get JM up to get dressed for school a little early, so I could take a quick shower before getting him on the bus, and he had a fever. It was a 101.2, but he had been bundled up with a blanket. He makes a burrito out of himself and that blanket, including totally covering his head. Besides, the DH's car was done, and luckily it was only $215. I'm going to spend the day reading for school and watching school videos. I am totally not going to watch any more of Felicia Day's Flogs. Then tonight is my first night of class and my first real programming class.

Evidently, I had a moment of weakness on Sunday night, which was how the DH knew I really didn't feel good. I told him if he wanted to, I would put the WDW trip off until next year, and this summer we could do the train trip out to CA instead. He declined and then tucked me into bed.
Hopefully JM is feeling better soon.. My Sam is home again today (stomach virus).. vomiting over, she's just still feels weak and has a headache...

And Wookie, happy that DH squashed your idea of postponing Disney... life is too short...

Quote:
ETA....
A friend just posted on her FB page that Disney is teaming up wit Vera Bradley to have a line of bags.
[/FONT][/COLOR]
mickey heads on VB?

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 03-05-2013, 12:29 PM   #253
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Hi Peeps!!
mickey heads on VB?

Thanks for the heads up Wookie!

Hi Janet, Mickey Vera Bradley? Woohoo!! That is indeed something to look forward to!
Old 03-05-2013, 12:54 PM   #254
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post

Hi Janet, Mickey Vera Bradley? Woohoo!! That is indeed something to look forward to!
Hi Ginny! Yes, I know! will look forward to seeing the designs... we do have a VB outlet near us...although most liklely we would never see them offered there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis! View Post
Hi RCers. We are back from our most magical long weekend at WDW. Our upgrade was pretty off-the-charts, I provided a link here of the room description and some pics:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=495

Otherwise the weather was perfect for us... not much over 60 any day. I know lots of you would prefer warmer. And actually most people wore hats, gloves and scarves, and were shivering just like this little dude... The crowds were pretty manageable although this year's early Spring Training schedule did bring more folks than usual.

Some thoughts about dining: Raglan Road was a great addition to our line-up and we will be eating there again. Somehow I had never eaten at Crystal Palace, so I decided it really was a must-do this time. With that great Castle view and really good character interaction and even pretty good food for a WDW buffet, I thought I should have loved it. But for whatever the reason I was not wowed by it at all. I probably won't be back again for quite a while given so many other more appealing choices. Chefs de France was nice enough. Service has always been flighty here IMO, but we still like the food enough to return.

Activities: The Fantasia golf course was fun. Long, long holes and simulated real golf greens provided us a few hours of good fun. Then we went back and played the mini-golf side! I am such a sucker for that stuff! Richard Petty Driving Experience was DHs favorite part of this trip. He liked the ride-along so much he now wants to return for the driving experience.

Next stop... OKW... or maybe I can sneak in another quickie between now and August. And I will attempt to play catch up over the next few days with all your goings-on.
Welcome back Magic!! I was so thrilled to hear your news of your upgrade! Huge pixie dust for you! Thanks for the dining thoughts... we liked our dinners at CP, realize it can get very busy/hectic.. My sister likes Ragland Road, we have never tried it as yet (always seem to head to EOS or WPE…)... chef de France is on my bucket list..

So DH has caught the NASCAR bug, huh? : So, it will be the "Rookie" experience or the “King” Experience .... or will he put the pedal to the metal right to the ultimate driving experience??!! That price tag is doable right?? Hmmm… better to sure to pick up another life insurance policy before that one!! The pix of DH was priceless! SO happy that this was a fantastic birthday and anniversary celebration for you both!! :

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 03-05-2013, 12:59 PM   #255
letthewookiewin

Quote:
Hi Peeps!!
Hopefully JM is feeling better soon.. My Sam is home again today (stomach virus).. vomiting over, she's just still feels weak and has a headache...

And Wookie, happy that DH squashed your idea of postponing Disney... life is too short...
I'm sure it's allergies. Our weather has been really wacky. The high temps vary 20 degrees from day to day, so I'm sure that's what it is. I just don't want it getting into his lungs.

Quote:
mickey heads on VB?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post

Well not MH's exactly. Here is the link to the Disney blog and they have pics of the two options.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...-disney-parks/

On a mothering note....Joey just texted me and said he's having trouble with a kid (really want to call him a long string of non-Disney words with punk someone in the middle). Joey is close to 5'11" and according to Joey this kid is about the size of his brother. My instinct is to tell him to give him one good punch to make him stop. It's times like these, when being the adult, stinks. Today, he took the slushie Joey bought at lunch. I said, the next time you think he's gonna try that, throw it in his face.

This day is just going to heck in a hand basket. First, John is sick and now Joey is having trouble with a bully. I do not need these kind of distractions on a day I have programming class.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: