Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 03:01 PM   #2281
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post

HI Koh1977! Just curious - what PV stands for?? I know SV is savahnah view, but I'm stumped on PV! I LOVVVVE AKL btw....beautiful resort! and I even love the buses and transportation from there! My family puts it as our favourite resort, and I'll be trying a Kidani 1 BDRM on my next trip,(Jan/Feb 2015) for my DS's Grad trip with his DGF and giving up club level for the first time ever!!! The king bed a laundry room, and first pick up on the bus will be worth the sacrifice! We will probably do Deluxe dining to make up for giving up CL!
Hope your stay at AKL is AMAZING!!!
Pool view. :-) I was looking at a studio, so a bit larger than the standard room we have booked now, and we'd for sure get a queen plus sofa bed which works perfectly for us and our 2 kids, but I can't justify the extra for savannah view... :-/

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 05-09-2013, 03:12 PM   #2282
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi guys! I'm having a little dilemma myself with regards to my Disneyland vacation -- don't know how many of you have been to DL or stayed at the hotels onsite there, but we got a pretty good deal for our DIVA trip and are staying at the Grand Californian. You know me and rooms/ resort experience, I go out for the best experience -- always stayed club level and always deluxe. HOwever, club level at the Grand is a complete budget buster, it's not even comparable to what I can get at WDW - they want an extra $250 / night to upgrade to CL!!! ok, now even I don't want to pay and extra $1250.00 just for 5 nights of club level snacks and pop! I did decide to upgrade my view to a priemier park view/ Disney California Adventure view for an extra $50 a night/ or $300.
Now, usually I am picky and want a good view/ room, but I am wondering in my case, is it really worth it for this trip?? Christine, and I and the Diva Gals are probably going to be busy, busy and how much time will I really spend in my room??? that $300 could pay for my return airfare. or a number of other things as I am trying to keep the cost of my DL trip fairly reasonable being that I am planning my BIG Kidani 1BDRM/ DLX dine Grad trip for my son and his GF in Jan/Feb 2015.

So the big question - downgrade to Standard View and save $300 and hope I am either pixie dusted at check in / or perhaps I can pay for the upgrade at checkin once I know how saving for the trip pans out over the next 9 months -
OR Keep the View and be guaranteed a great park view/ at a $300 price tag??

Thoughts my friends??

Marie I'm sticking with the standard view .... I can buy a lot of food and drinks for $300. The last few times I've stayed at GC have been in the villas so might not apply for this trip. Last stay I had a CA view ... they were testing WOC every night prior to opening so it was cool to see parts of it before anyone else. Same trip my DD had a swimming pool view which was also lovely. If I remember correctly none of the views are of parking lots .... most of the parking is in the lot across the street ... I really should pull out a resort map and take a look. Honestly since it is a group I wouldn't expect any pixie dust upgrade or if anyone gets one it would be the Diva who made all the arrangements. Personally I'm just hoping for warm enough weather to use the pool some .... just have the pool boy go get me a drink and some food!!!
Register to remove

Old 05-09-2013, 03:44 PM   #2283
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Rough rough day here, Steven was out of class by 8:20am I am so tired I wouldn't even want to be at Disney right now. I tried to get excited looking at BLT pics and not even that is helping. 4 more weeks of school....just need to through this next month and hopefully figure out what is happening with my little (well not so little) guy.

HUGS!!!
Melissa

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 05-09-2013, 04:21 PM   #2284
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Rough rough day here, Steven was out of class by 8:20am I am so tired I wouldn't even want to be at Disney right now. I tried to get excited looking at BLT pics and not even that is helping. 4 more weeks of school....just need to through this next month and hopefully figure out what is happening with my little (well not so little) guy.

HUGS!!!
Melissa

wish i could do more than that
Old 05-09-2013, 04:32 PM   #2285
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
You know what feels awesome? Saving a client over $600. Know what's even more awesome? The email she sent me thanking me for my work and knowledge and as they put it "dedication to planning their most magical vacation ever." Now I don't mind being exhausted
I'm glad they appreciate your awesome-ness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Wookie, so happy for you if this works out and you get a new pup!
The dog idea was shot down big time. It just ticks me off. She was the one even last week with a completely terrified look in her eyes and the thought of us moving out and now there pulling this. Well I don't care what she does, when we're ready to go, we're out. Whether they "NEED" us or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Guess what I just ... CAME HOME WITH?! (Well, besides the two pairs of sandals for Miss M...)

Awesome!! grats!! Hopefully I'll be getting some mail from the Mouse soon. Our MNSSHP tickets should be here any day now.

Quote:
Hi guys! I'm having a little dilemma myself with regards to my Disneyland vacation -- don't know how many of you have been to DL or stayed at the hotels onsite there, but we got a pretty good deal for our DIVA trip and are staying at the Grand Californian. You know me and rooms/ resort experience, I go out for the best experience -- always stayed club level and always deluxe. HOwever, club level at the Grand is a complete budget buster, it's not even comparable to what I can get at WDW - they want an extra $250 / night to upgrade to CL!!! ok, now even I don't want to pay and extra $1250.00 just for 5 nights of club level snacks and pop! I did decide to upgrade my view to a priemier park view/ Disney California Adventure view for an extra $50 a night/ or $300.
Now, usually I am picky and want a good view/ room, but I am wondering in my case, is it really worth it for this trip?? Christine, and I and the Diva Gals are probably going to be busy, busy and how much time will I really spend in my room??? that $300 could pay for my return airfare. or a number of other things as I am trying to keep the cost of my DL trip fairly reasonable being that I am planning my BIG Kidani 1BDRM/ DLX dine Grad trip for my son and his GF in Jan/Feb 2015.

So the big question - downgrade to Standard View and save $300 and hope I am either pixie dusted at check in / or perhaps I can pay for the upgrade at checkin once I know how saving for the trip pans out over the next 9 months -

Thoughts my friends??
Depends on if you see yourself actually spending time to enjoy the view. Otherwise that money could be used in other ways on the trip.

Quote:

HUGS!!!
Melissa

I'm sorry. I hope it gets better. JM was worried about being on the new bus, but it went fine. He said he already knew all of the kids on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post

wookie, editing my response to your post... congrats on getting AKL PV. You are a veteran of all things Disney so you know you can keep checking back for your first choice. There is a mad rush at the beginning of FD, and Disney will at times release more rooms under the promo. If not, still keep checking....as we all know people do *change* their reservations....
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Congrates on your booking AKL PV! I agree keep checking for your first and second choices.
Quote:
That was a marathon phone call. I'm glad you got something you wanted... even if it was 3rd choice.
Thank y'all. I hope I didn't make it sound like I'm upset about the one I got. I have really wanted to stay at the AKL for years. It was just that I had in my head the trip was going to be one way, and now I have to change gears. Kind of like the poem about having a special needs child called "Welcome to Holland". I'm sure the resort will be amazing and I have a feeling that once I step into the lobby, it will have the same effect on me the WL one did. At first the DH wasn't happy about the AKL. He doesn't like that you have to take all buses. He really wanted transportation to at least one park by either monorail or boat. I did offer to change it to the WL, but he refused. He says that I have been bugging him for years to try the AKL and he wants to "get it out of my system so I will just shut up already about that resort." Well I'm off to change my tickers and siggy.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 05-09-2013, 05:23 PM   #2286
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Guess what I just ... CAME HOME WITH?! (Well, besides the two pairs of sandals for Miss M...)

Please don't let buyer's remorse set in, please, please, please....
I've got two more of these to go and get now. By the way, I was able to use all $600 worth of Target-bought gift certificates to buy it at the Disney Store. So, $30 off each AP!

5 to go and you didn't even touch the extra 3? That is other-worldly self control you both possess. Okay, you've gotta share the menu to this place! I love looking at menus to places I'll probably never make it to -- ya know, just to drool all over the keyboard.

This standard view sounds far and away better than our YC Garden View... with the dead tree and the bus stop beyond. I guess dead vegitation still counts as "garden" -- I guess I can start charging guests for garden view looking out onto our backyard.
Ya never know, you could always get a little of this upon check-in: Of course, from all accounts, the pool view sounds spectacular, too.
for the AP

Quote:

Thoughts my friends??
Marie I am basically a cheapo when it comes to paying for anything other than a Std View. I would save the $300

Quote:

HUGS!!!
Melissa

Melissa

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila

Last edited by sjs314; 05-09-2013 at 08:16 PM.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:28 PM   #2287
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
I'm glad they appreciate your awesome-ness.

The dog idea was shot down big time. It just ticks me off. She was the one even last week with a completely terrified look in her eyes and the thought of us moving out and now there pulling this. Well I don't care what she does, when we're ready to go, we're out. Whether they "NEED" us or not.

Awesome!! grats!! Hopefully I'll be getting some mail from the Mouse soon. Our MNSSHP tickets should be here any day now.

Depends on if you see yourself actually spending time to enjoy the view. Otherwise that money could be used in other ways on the trip.

I'm sorry. I hope it gets better. JM was worried about being on the new bus, but it went fine. He said he already knew all of the kids on it.

Thank y'all. I hope I didn't make it sound like I'm upset about the one I got. I have really wanted to stay at the AKL for years. It was just that I had in my head the trip was going to be one way, and now I have to change gears. Kind of like the poem about having a special needs child called "Welcome to Holland". I'm sure the resort will be amazing and I have a feeling that once I step into the lobby, it will have the same effect on me the WL one did. At first the DH wasn't happy about the AKL. He doesn't like that you have to take all buses. He really wanted transportation to at least one park by either monorail or boat. I did offer to change it to the WL, but he refused. He says that I have been bugging him for years to try the AKL and he wants to "get it out of my system so I will just shut up already about that resort." Well I'm off to change my tickers and siggy.
Wookie I would be upset with the in laws too

Love the new ticker!

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 05-09-2013, 05:42 PM   #2288
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Melissa: Poor you. I hope it gets better for you guys, and quick. Maybe, like you said, summer will be a catalyst for better times.

Wookie: Sorry about the "no" to the furbaby.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:47 PM   #2289
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

You won't believe what I just did.

Oh Princess of POP, I need your assistance!

June 6th - 12th, Pop Century. I guess we're going to check out SWW. Haven't booked the flights yet but the hubs got excited when I told him how inexpensive it was...

Any suggestions as to where I should request for a quiet location in a standard view room, top floor... 80's?
Old 05-09-2013, 06:26 PM   #2290
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:

June 6th - 12th, Pop Century. I guess we're going to check out SWW. Haven't booked the flights yet but the hubs got excited when I told him how inexpensive it was...

Any suggestions as to where I should request for a quiet location in a standard view room, top floor... 80's?
Yowza! That AP sure worked it's magic at warp speed.

Yay for SWW! Definitely try to get there early at least one day to see the Stormtroopers up on the turnstiles!

Hugs for Melissa and Wookie
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 05-09-2013, 07:03 PM   #2291
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:

OMG!!!! Wow!! Ecstatically happy for you all....but a tad bit envious!! I keep hearing our Sarah voice right now!

Well, my fav location is bldg 4 or 5, lakeview (which is standard), 4th floor...we could be buddies if I were to be there ..... Miss M would love the Hippy Dippy pool and you all could take a short walk over to AoA, close to Classic Hall and Food court.

That being said, we stayed in the 80s no problem...love Pacman It's a bit further than other areas BUT not bad. We stayed in Bldg 9 - down near the lake view end (close to bldg 7).

Miss M might like the 50s for Lady & Tramp, so bldg 3 would be my vote for that area.

Bottom line... Bldg 4, 5 or 3

Wow... Congrats on the APs!!!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 05-09-2013, 07:05 PM   #2292
Janet B
DIS Veteran

For Melissa and Wookie

Dani, you are an awesome TA!!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 05-09-2013, 09:20 PM   #2293
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Hi y'all! We are going in Sept & I have changed resorts 6 times! Lol. Booked POFQ back in Oct hoping for FD then changed it to POP then to AOA then DH said he wanted to stay at a deluxe so changed to WL but I just wasn't happy with WL it just isn't my theme..,

So changed back to POFQ then today I added FD when I had to call & add it for my clients. Then I looked at the POFQ & didn't like the carpet( yea petty I know) so looked st the room only code & now we have settled on BWI so. Called & changed it tonight! The CM was like why would you want to give up free dining?

I'm so excited!!!

Sept 7 DTd resort
Sept 8-15th BWI

ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
Old 05-09-2013, 11:14 PM   #2294
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Just got a pin for FD with dates for the rest of the year. Figures that when we finally bite the bullet and get AP's we get our first ever pin that we have to actually buy tickets with!!

It is all good, as long as we can get that bounceback booked we are golden!

Anyone else get the email??

And Miss! Yay for SWW!! You rock!
Old 05-09-2013, 11:19 PM   #2295
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Hi All!!! Just wanted to do a quick little check in. DH and I are leaving bright and early in the morning (well late morning for most of you! ) heading to So Cal. DS and almost DDIL are buying their first house and want us to come take a look at it ... guess it pays to have a retired building inspector and ex real estate agent in the family! We'll be back home Wednesday evening.

I'll be reading along on our little thread .... and you know me I'll probably be posting. Everyone have a great weekend .... try to stay out of trouble until Granny gets back!!! Hugs to all!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: