Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 12:30 PM   #211
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the input ladies! I think we can do it.

I scored a 40% off cpn for Michaels's and over the weekend, we discovered they have doll clothes that fit the American Girl dolls my DD's have! These are the first extra clothes that the DD's have for them, and it is so cute to listen to them playing. Here are my "girls"...

They are so quiet today....just sitting nicely!!
Old 03-04-2013, 12:59 PM   #212
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
I scored a 40% off cpn for Michaels's and over the weekend, we discovered they have doll clothes that fit the American Girl dolls my DD's have! These are the first extra clothes that the DD's have for them, and it is so cute to listen to them playing. Here are my "girls"...

Outfits and dolls, adorable!!! What fun for your princesses!

(Are you sure they are always that quiet when no one is around???)

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-04-2013, 01:30 PM   #213
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quick post cuzz I need my name on the trip list!

March 13-19 DL & Santa Monica

Oct 27-Nov 12 DVC studio where ever I can book at the 7 month window

Dec 3-5 POP

Dec 5-12 offsite

Now I need to get ready for lunch with my DS!
Old 03-04-2013, 01:31 PM   #214
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Quick hello to my lovely pals. Extra for Marie and her family. And for all of you guys who aren't feeling up to snuff. Go away germs, the RCing lot has had enough of germs to last a life-time.

We're trapped at home! The spring broke on our garage door so we're waiting for the guy to come fix it. We walked down to the drug store yesterday to get out of the house but now cabin fever is starting to set in. I think I'm going to wait outside on the porch for the garage door guy.
I hate cabin fever. I am often struck by the bug. Like today! Now that I'm feeling a bit better I want to get out and do things, not sit in the house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
She is 2 months away from turning 2. And she s definitely a royal diva, especially with her leg in a splint. She refuses to walk on it so she's pretty much ordering us around to do what she wants.
Poor princess! My DD turns 2 on Wednesday and is a total diva as well. I can only imagine with a splint on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, after a long and drawn out drama fest with my mother, I am no longer taking her on vacation with us. Long story short I am not going to pay for someone who does not appreciate me doing so. Now I REALLY can't think of a place to stay! Ideally, monorail or Epcot resort would be most convenient. I just don't know if I want to pay those prices after a 7 night cruise. I'm hopeless.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:32 PM   #215
babyberger
DIS Veteran

A big hello to my RC family! Life has just been super busy and I'm not at 100%. I promise to catch up when I can!

Melissa

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 03-04-2013, 01:53 PM   #216
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
I just read that for the golf, the ap discount applies to the passholder and three guests- basically a foursome. ( my19 yr old is the passholder so was looking for my DH and ds15)
Perfect - thank you!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
My RCer Family 's to you all! Thanks for all the love and support, it means the world to me. I am sorry it took awhile for me to update, DH just got discharged yesterday, we are at home now and I had a minute to myself so had to drop by and let you all know I'm thinking of you and very grateful for your kind words and all the support. DH is alive, thank God -- about 6 shots where fired in the kuffuffle, and the inmates ended up escaping with DH's and his partners fire arms -- they where from a notorious gang and murder wouldn't have fazed them, so I am so thankful DH only lost a finger/ and perhaps 2 fingers (if surgery doesn't take) but he and his partner still have their lives.

DH had his fourth finger, right hand amputated on Tue night. On Thur they did surgery and moved his pinky over into the 4th finger spot, did a bone graft on the shattered pinky and pinned it. We have to wait 6 weeks to see if the bone graft takes and his pinky is savable. If so, it will require a few more surgeries. If it doesn't take, it will mean a other amputation. It's given a 50/50 chance.
DH is positive and determined to just get on with the healing. He has about 6 months of workers comp/ healing to do I believe.
DH is is so much pain (phantom pain they call it) from where the limb used to be. I feel so bad because there's not much you can do for phantom pain and it can last quite a long time. He's a trooper though and I am so thankful he's still here to share life with me. Thank you all for the positive thoughts, the prayers, the love and support. I love you all Marie
Ps....the cons where caught, so I hope they go away for a long, long time!!!
Big huge hugs and prayers Marie! I am so glad your hubby is safe. My dad cut off his left pointer finger a few months ago. He dealt with phantom pain too but it did get better!
Quote:
Hey Ladies....I asked this on the BC thread but I will ask you all too. Our flight leaves on Monday the 20th at 12:20 pm, and I want to book a breakfast at Cape May that morning. The only time slot I could get is 7:40 am. Is that enough time to eat, but not rush, and make it back to our rooms to get ready to go to the ME? Not sure what time they will pick us up. Or am I cutting it too close? I thought it might be a nice way to end the trip.
I think that's a great send off! I would have everything ready before you walk out the door for breakfast and I think you would be fine. You could even bring it all down with you and leave it in the "stroller parking" area of the restaurant (at least I think you could).

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
Old 03-04-2013, 02:09 PM   #217
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

DisneyDreamin - this is why my DH wants to go in August instead of fall/winter...WAY less chance of my parents deciding to go too...I kinda feel bad because on an earlier trip, my in laws went with us, but at the same time, I know it would probably be a lot of drama that I don't want on vacation...
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 03-04-2013, 02:23 PM   #218
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
DisneyDreamin - this is why my DH wants to go in August instead of fall/winter...WAY less chance of my parents deciding to go too...I kinda feel bad because on an earlier trip, my in laws went with us, but at the same time, I know it would probably be a lot of drama that I don't want on vacation...
If she paid her own way it would be different, but I foot the bill and the way she treats me I just don't want to pay for her. I hate family drama.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:01 PM   #219
Piglets Mommy
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
I take these "problems" any day... ... still waiting on the school calendar...
I guess your school is being slow to make up for mine being early. Actually ours aren't normally out till late March/early April, so this was super early.
Quote:
Thanks for the input ladies! I think we can do it.

They are cute! Don't you wish it was that quiet when the kids are home??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Quick post cuzz I need my name on the trip list!

March 13-19 DL & Santa Monica

Oct 27-Nov 12 DVC studio where ever I can book at the 7 month window

Dec 3-5 POP

Dec 5-12 offsite

Now I need to get ready for lunch with my DS!
AWesome! Lots of fun trips!
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
A big hello to my RC family! Life has just been super busy and I'm not at 100%. I promise to catch up when I can!

Melissa

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Hang in there and feel better soon!
Old 03-04-2013, 03:06 PM   #220
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

So I had been pretty bummed that we wouldn't be staying at the Poly this time around, BUT then I saw that the 2 long houses I would request because it was SO nice to be right next to the TTC, are scheduled for refurbishment during that timeframe in August. Unless we did late July/early August before they started on Rapa Nui...but maybe a moderate stay won't be too bad...?
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 03-04-2013, 03:15 PM   #221
MAGIC...itis!
Closer to Fulfilling My Quest to Stay at Every Resort...So far... AKL, ASmo, ASmu, ASsp, BC.3, BLT, BWI.2, CBR, CR.4, CSR.2, GF, OKW, POFQ, POL.3, POP.2, POR.9, WL, YC.2

Location: RC Land ________________________ My banana won't dance... might this be a sign?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
My RCer Family 's to you all! Thanks for all the love and support, it means the world to me. I am sorry it took awhile for me to update, DH just got discharged yesterday, we are at home now and I had a minute to myself so had to drop by and let you all know I'm thinking of you and very grateful for your kind words and all the support. DH is alive, thank God -- about 6 shots where fired in the kuffuffle, and the inmates ended up escaping with DH's and his partners fire arms -- they where from a notorious gang and murder wouldn't have fazed them, so I am so thankful DH only lost a finger/ and perhaps 2 fingers (if surgery doesn't take) but he and his partner still have their lives.

DH had his fourth finger, right hand amputated on Tue night. On Thur they did surgery and moved his pinky over into the 4th finger spot, did a bone graft on the shattered pinky and pinned it. We have to wait 6 weeks to see if the bone graft takes and his pinky is savable. If so, it will require a few more surgeries. If it doesn't take, it will mean a other amputation. It's given a 50/50 chance.
DH is positive and determined to just get on with the healing. He has about 6 months of workers comp/ healing to do I believe.
DH is is so much pain (phantom pain they call it) from where the limb used to be. I feel so bad because there's not much you can do for phantom pain and it can last quite a long time. He's a trooper though and I am so thankful he's still here to share life with me. Thank you all for the positive thoughts, the prayers, the love and support. I love you all Marie
Ps....the cons where caught, so I hope they go away for a long, long time!!!
Thank you so much for the update. You're family has been in my thought and prayers all weekend and will continue to be. Thank goodness those bad folks have been caught.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:42 PM   #222
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Janet B~ are you talking about next school years calendar? We are lucky if we get it the end of April !!
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 03-04-2013, 04:22 PM   #223
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

I had a chance to update my PTR today.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 03-04-2013, 04:41 PM   #224
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Well, ds19 has made it to Oklahoma on the Valparaiso University chorale spring break tour
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 03-04-2013, 05:17 PM   #225
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
well we don't need drama... we get that in daily life, right? . it's good to have family time to yourself..

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
If she paid her own way it would be different, but I foot the bill and the way she treats me I just don't want to pay for her. I hate family drama.
Sorry my friend...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglets Mommy View Post
I guess your school is being slow to make up for mine being early. Actually ours aren't normally out till late March/early April, so this was super early.
Yes, yours coming out early is giving me the itch!

Quote:
Janet B~ are you talking about next school years calendar? We are lucky if we get it the end of April !!
Us too!! Guess it just having Piglet's Mommy tell me she got her calendar has just made me impatient!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
I had a chance to update my PTR today.
Have to pop on over.

Quote:
Well, ds19 has made it to Oklahoma on the Valparaiso University chorale spring break tour
Awesome! Way to go - congrats!!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: