Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 01:51 PM   #2221
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Good Morning Everyone!!!!

It's amazing what a good mood you wake up to when you have a ticker to check!!!

I am soooooooo beyond excited for my girls' trip!!! I did not think that I would get a bonus trip in this year but my DH and my BFF's DH conspired to make this happen. They are so great!!!

BFF and I are going to the MNSSHP as Alice (BFF) and the Queen of Hearts (Me)!!! We have found some costumes we like but will look in a few other places too.

I am sure that our resort will probably change, but we shall see. I am only booked with the AAA discount right now, which is about 10% off, but if the military discount is renewed, we will likely upgrade to a moderate...either POR/POFQ or CSR??? . Oh, the possibilities!!!!!

I am sure at work today we will work on our itinerary. We only want to make 1 TS and I am thinking Cali Grill if it opens back up on time....any other suggestions for a nice TS for 2 30-something ladies??? Not used to planning this type of trip!
I love the costume ideas!! I'm sure it will be a super fun trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
How exciting! Crossing my fingers for you

Thank you. The DH drove through that town again today and they had the dogs out again. He went by and called me again. The scaredy-cat still hasn't talked to his dad, and we need to know by Saturday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Pas, Kookster, Wookster, Sheila, GG, Toody, Sue, Petey, DznyCrzy11 and any other of you lovely folks I'm missing... here's some of these:

Chat later with you lot. Off to the Y.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyCrzy11 View Post
Yep, I agree!! I don't like how it seems tge DVC are spread all over the resort. I definitely think this will cause the resort to feel crowded, I mean it's not like they had much room to work with to start with. If they are going to build the DVC I think they should build the one where the luau currently is and then build the over the water bungalows right there and that's it!!! I also can't believe they are getting rid of the waterfall!!! I think that makes the GCH great!!!

Sent from my GalaxyS II
I thought it was odd it was so spread out. I didn't read all of the article, so I have a question. Did it mention if they were planning on keeping the volcano at the pool? I noticed the pool was getting bigger, but I didn't see anything about the volcano.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Just checking in from the doctors office. Waiting in the room to be seen currently.

This morning I ordered locking pin backs from eBay. I pulled out our lanyards and pins, dug out my bathing suit , and my ears. I need go find my old purse that has our special pins in it so I can affix them on our lanyards. It looks like Lily is going to need her own set as well because she won't keep her hands off of ours. I will be sending our grocery list to WeGoShop tonight, and making lists of things I need to pick up before we leave. I am so excited!!!
I hope all goes well with the doctor!!

Well I talked to the DH and told him he wasn't going to get any of the money that we will get back when we switch resorts. I told him, I wanted to take enough clothes this time, that I don't have to do laundry. I refuse to walk away from the laundry area when I have clothes in a washer/dryer and I hate using more than washer or dryer at a time. I just don't think it's fair that he gets to go off and have more fun with the boys while I am forced back to the real world. Well at least while we're at WDW. I don't mind doing laundry the night before we check into WDW. Which means everyone will need to take a minimum of 6 pairs of shorts. Last time I took enough t-shirts, undies, and socks to not have to wash those, but I had to wash jean shorts. The money we get back will put a dent in buying enough shorts for all, as I'm sure the boys have outgrown what they wore last year. I just need to do a count of what the DH and I have and what we need to buy.

Anyway, y'all have a good afternoon. I have to get showered and ready for school. I'm sure I'll sneak by once I get to school.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 05-08-2013, 02:27 PM   #2222
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
linda one trip with my kids and you will be cured of that!

We lost about 8 pins last year. I think I was more upset than Danimal! If you want when I get home I will link you to where I got them.

Dr. says I have thrush from my nebulizer and my allergies are very bad. Not throat cancer after all!
Dani Glad the Dr was able to get rid of the cancer scare. I had no idea you could get thrush from the Nebulizer. Do you use albuterol or something else? I know thrush was a danger of using my Flovent, I had to make sure to rinse after taking it but never been told to rinse after the Albuterol or my Spiriva.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-08-2013, 02:31 PM   #2223
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Going to try my best to catch up a bit before my close from exhaustion.

Wookie - I did read about a puppy, right You are going to look this weekend? That is so exciting!!!! Are you all set to call tomorrow morning to get free dining

Dani - you totally crack me up on FB So glad the dr said it was nothing serious

Miss - we are still trying to figure out of the meds were the culprit. Today was a good day at school (still on modified schedule) so I am keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow and Friday. He said he is feeling less violent in school so that is a plus. So I am guessing there are AP's in your future

i_heart - yes, peaceful is very good Hope all is well (and peaceful) your way

Candace - congrats on the girls trip! Sounds perfect

DznyCrzy11 - transportation is one of the reasons we haven't tried AKL. We are such huge park hoppers that we really like being on the monorail. But $600 is a nice amount of money and if you want to try AKL, then maybe it is worth the change.

Jen - I hope your kitty makes it a bit longer, you know it is hard to not worry about her, but hopefully the Disney magic will help that. I am so jealous that you are so close to another trip!! I have live AP's and am only 3 hours away and have dont have anything planned until next year

Janet - your weekend sounds fabulous Ah greasy cheeseburger, YUM!!!!

Shelia - I did read you booked your flights home, right

KOOK - love the Poly add!

I know I am missing a ton....

Big HELLO's to Koh, Ginny, Linda, Magic, Jeanette, Lacey and everyone else I am missing!

Melissa

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 05-08-2013, 03:11 PM   #2224
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Melissa Yep we did so no more worrying about their going up more now just have to watch if they drop to get a credit for our next trip

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 05-08-2013, 03:12 PM   #2225
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Melissa Yep we did so no more worrying about their going up more now just have to watch if they drop to get a credit for our next trip
Oh perfect! So glad that is finally done now you have your mornings back

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:

Old 05-08-2013, 03:34 PM   #2226
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Okay, where is Miss? I am in desperate need for some Miss Packing Cube assistance!!! I am a compulsive over packer and need a way to fit it all in my truck

Last year when we went to Siesta Key we loaded my SUV to the gills and after that trip DH decided we needed better beach chairs and a beach canopy, so add those plus more floats, more clothes, etc and there is no way it is all fitting in my truck with 5 people. I drive a full size SUV so I really should not be having this problem, but the more we talked the more we realized we needed to order a soft sided cargo carrier for my roof We are going twice, Memorial Day and Fourth of July, so we will get use out of it, but still I know I am crazy and need help

Anyone have any good packing tips for road trips with so much crap

Melissa

My Trip Reports:

Old 05-08-2013, 04:09 PM   #2227
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

sheila and jen I use Xopenex. I have no idea how it happens. I know that I am soaking mine in soapy water tonight! I was given an inhaler for regular use so I hopefully won't need to use that stupid machine as much!

melissa glad I can be of some humor!
Old 05-08-2013, 04:18 PM   #2228
sjs314

Quote:
sheila and jen I use Xopenex. I have no idea how it happens. I know that I am soaking mine in soapy water tonight! I was given an inhaler for regular use so I hopefully won't need to use that stupid machine as much!

melissa glad I can be of some humor!
Dani Hope the inhaler helps. I feel better when I use the Nebulizer which I am suppose to use for my COPD. Last march I took the Nebulizer with me but left it home in Nov. It is bad enough I have to travel with my CPAP machine.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 05-08-2013, 04:37 PM   #2229
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Bestie and I made a dining reservation today! We booked the Fantasmic Dinner package at Hollywood Brown Derby!

I've never eaten at HBD before and never done the dinner package so that will be a new experience. She never got around to seeing Fantasmic last month so she is excited!!

The only other ADR we want is Cali Grill!!!! I am keeping my eye out for them to start taking reservations again!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 05-08-2013, 04:39 PM   #2230
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Dani Glad the Dr was able to get rid of the cancer scare. I had no idea you could get thrush from the Nebulizer. Do you use albuterol or something else? I know thrush was a danger of using my Flovent, I had to make sure to rinse after taking it but never been told to rinse after the Albuterol or my Spiriva.
I think Albuterol is fine (no rinsing needed) ... just the ones containing steroids that the docs warn about the thrush potential (like the Flovent). At least that's what the pulmonologist told me! (I just hope Miss M's rinsing with water is enough! Sometimes I make her brush her teeth, too... to be on the safe side. Yeah, I'm a bit paranoid. )

You mentioning getting that GF Cafe ADR has got me all excited for trying it this fall. Of course, the chance to get a yummy milkshake for our Sarah is more than enough reason for me to head over on the monorail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post

Miss - we are still trying to figure out of the meds were the culprit. Today was a good day at school (still on modified schedule) so I am keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow and Friday. He said he is feeling less violent in school so that is a plus. So I am guessing there are AP's in your future
I'm so glad he had a good day at school. Got my fingers crossed, too. (Maybe tomorrow on the APs. Going to take my GCs over to the Disney Store and see what they can do for me.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Okay, where is Miss? I am in desperate need for some Miss Packing Cube assistance!!! I am a compulsive over packer and need a way to fit it all in my truck

Last year when we went to Siesta Key we loaded my SUV to the gills and after that trip DH decided we needed better beach chairs and a beach canopy, so add those plus more floats, more clothes, etc and there is no way it is all fitting in my truck with 5 people. I drive a full size SUV so I really should not be having this problem, but the more we talked the more we realized we needed to order a soft sided cargo carrier for my roof We are going twice, Memorial Day and Fourth of July, so we will get use out of it, but still I know I am crazy and need help

Anyone have any good packing tips for road trips with so much crap

Melissa
You'd think I'd have more advice considering that our last real road trip was a 500 miler from the west coast of Scotland to the southwest of England with a two year old ... in a Smart Car. Talk about having to pack light, I thought we'd have to strap Miss M to the roof. We've never owned a cargo carrier.

Quote:
Reminds me I need to rinse Miss M's out with some hot soapy water! I just bribed her for using her nebulizer tonight: if she doesn't moan and groan, I'll paint her toenails purple afterward.

I hope the inhaler helps! They've got her taking a "maintenance" one when she's not sick and it seems to make a difference. (Flovent, like what Sheila takes.)
Old 05-08-2013, 04:47 PM   #2231
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Bestie and I made a dining reservation today! We booked the Fantasmic Dinner package at Hollywood Brown Derby!

I've never eaten at HBD before and never done the dinner package so that will be a new experience. She never got around to seeing Fantasmic last month so she is excited!!

The only other ADR we want is Cali Grill!!!! I am keeping my eye out for them to start taking reservations again!!!
Oh, I forgot to mention... since you asked about a good place to go, bit out of the way but Bluezoo has AMAZING cocktails on top of fabulous food. Really extraordinary drinks, big moolah but worth it. TiW discount there though, I think?

Mind you, if you upgrade to either POR or POFQ, you two will have to go visit the bar at POFQ (Scat Cat's) which has a very good bartender who pours a seriously mean drink.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:21 PM   #2232
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
[COLOR="Green"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]

I can pick my sister's brain (she's a lawyer) if you want me to. Even though she doesn't deal with property law, she may remember something from law school.

WOOKIE: that would be great if you ask her! I went to the town office and they told me l have no requirement to cost share, it's something usually agreed to between neighbours when there is a coming together of the minds/ plans -- not a legally binding requirement on my part to participate if I don't want to. I finally worked up the nerve to send her a letter. I outlined that I had said NO 19 months ago, and we are still not in the financial state to do it, perhaps even more so now with DH out of work! I didn't want to talk in person, so I sent the letter via mail. I told her the town doesn't require neighbours to cost share, and we just can't do it. Hopefully she drops it now.

Quote:
Happy Monday!

Why does the weekend have to go so fast???

Marie I can't possibly see how you would be liable for any part of that fence. You have no contract with your neighbor, you had no input on it and you said no.

And, aren't there rules in your town about building fences??? In our town, if one neighbor builds a fence, it has to be a certain amount of distance off the other persons property....so if that's the case, the fence is probably not even on you property...and if it is, you should file a complaint against her if it comes down to it. I think it sounds like they are just strapped for money and seeing where they can make up the shortfall. Good luck with that!!

Kook I like your split, I hope you keep it!!!
Candace: thanks! I can't see why I'd have any responsibility either - hopefully she'll get the message from my letter and drop it!

On a positive note : I've booked my departure airfare for my DL Diva trip with Christine! I found a direct flight to LAX for $260 -- at least I'm guaranteed on that flight! Now I'm on the lookout for a hopeful seat sale for my return flight. Airfare purchased makes things seem much more final now! I'm so excited to be going back to DL after 24 years! So much new to see, it will be great!
Marie

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
Old 05-08-2013, 05:37 PM   #2233
babyberger
DIS Veteran

All this Flovent talk....when Steven was taking it, he would swallow it instead of inhale but were never warned about thrush or told to rinse. Actually because he was taking it for GI issues I read for him not to rinse, eat or drink anything afterwards for 30 min. Hmmm, stuff to remember of he goes back on it.

Miss - LMAO Bout the road trip in the smart car...,we could never!!!! I always joke that I can fit a smart car inside of my truck

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:

Old 05-08-2013, 05:48 PM   #2234
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
WOOKIE: that would be great if you ask her! I went to the town office and they told me l have no requirement to cost share, it's something usually agreed to between neighbours when there is a coming together of the minds/ plans -- not a legally binding requirement on my part to participate if I don't want to. I finally worked up the nerve to send her a letter. I outlined that I had said NO 19 months ago, and we are still not in the financial state to do it, perhaps even more so now with DH out of work! I didn't want to talk in person, so I sent the letter via mail. I told her the town doesn't require neighbours to cost share, and we just can't do it. Hopefully she drops it now.

Candace: thanks! I can't see why I'd have any responsibility either - hopefully she'll get the message from my letter and drop it!

On a positive note : I've booked my departure airfare for my DL Diva trip with Christine! I found a direct flight to LAX for $260 -- at least I'm guaranteed on that flight! Now I'm on the lookout for a hopeful seat sale for my return flight. Airfare purchased makes things seem much more final now! I'm so excited to be going back to DL after 24 years! So much new to see, it will be great!
Marie
Yay for booking flights!!!! When SW opens up flights I'll book but will be flying into Orange County/Santa Ana (SNA) .... for me it's usually the same price but much closer to DL .... usually longer flights are cheaper flying into LAX. Last time I flew into LAX I used the shuttle service that Mousesavers suggested .... also had a $3 off coupon. Bus goes to the 3 Disney Hotels first and then to the offsite places.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:52 PM   #2235
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post

Marie
She said that there was no agreement between the two of you and therefore, you are not obligated to pay the amount she is asking you to pay.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: