Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 09:31 AM   #2071
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Good morning to all of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Very nice! I have a couple of wdw Dooneys and last trip got the wristlet in the retro pattern. But my new love is the Lesportsac Small World patterns

Miss have you straightened out your ADRs?
How are those Lesportsac? I really love some of their designs. I'm almost tempted to buy one but I'm so attached to my Baggallini (and its side-pocket for water bottles).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Good morning...a quick update before the kiddos get up.

DD8 had a great day yesterday, she said there were no issues and the girl stayed away from her. That is all well and good but I will still be talking to the teacher and whoever else today about next years class placement. One day doesn't make it all better. Her teacher was away at the end of the day though for a Dr. app't (she's expecting). So we'll see what happens! I am on the case though. She has spent way too much time worrying about going to school this year.

Side note....12 days to go!!
Yay for DD! I'm glad she had a good day yesterday. And WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO for 12 Days and Big Font Countdowns™ (Trademarked by Mousemommy1, Inc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Happy Friday Everyone!!!!
Happy Friday back atcha! Did you guys get to partake in any lovely ice cream concoctions or was it only the milkshakes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Year rounder We dont have snow birds in our neighborhood thankfully. She came over yesterday with all her insurance info and told me the insurance co said they would just cut me a check for the replacement

Off to drop Sarah at school, we had a lot of flooding yesterday, so not sure how long that is going to take
Phew. That's good that the insurance will get it sorted out. Crappy that it happened but sounds like it'll get itself sorted out quick, fingers crossed.

What is with this crazy weather? It's been raining here quite heavy and reminding me of our flooding a couple weeks ago. Be careful.

Quote:
I thought everyone here could appreciate this. I get a weekly email from a wine tasting place we go to. This was the description for next week (which we are going to)....

"Next week is going to be like a Disney Zinfandel Theme Park! Hold On."
Now THAT sounds like my sorta theme park.

Sheila: Oooooh, thanks for the dessert party update. I'm really thinking I'll book it for our trip (hopefully). Though, I think it'll depend on which night(s) they have it. I'm guessing they don't do it on "party" (like MNSSHP) nights?

~~--------------------~~

Okay, who's doing what for the weekend?
Old 05-03-2013, 09:44 AM   #2072
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:

DD8 had a great day yesterday, she said there were no issues and the girl stayed away from her. That is all well and good but I will still be talking to the teacher and whoever else today about next years class placement. One day doesn't make it all better. Her teacher was away at the end of the day though for a Dr. app't (she's expecting). So we'll see what happens! I am on the case though. She has spent way too much time worrying about going to school this year.

Yes, good idea to still speak with VP and teacher. The VP should be aware of the situation, because even if they aren't in same class they are still in the same school, with recess, lunch, etc.

Woohoo, your almost there!! in a week I'll be in double digits

Quote:
I thought everyone here could appreciate this. I get a weekly email from a wine tasting place we go to. This was the description for next week (which we are going to)....

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
sounds great!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
If anyone is waiting to book the TT Dessert Party for July it is now OPEN!
So hopefully August isn't far behind. We are going to book it this trip. Never done it. See!! After going twice a year for many years there's still stuff I haven't done! That's what I tell my DH when he at me and asks - haven't you done everything yet . um, no!! Sadly he is one of those who doesn't get it, and won't go! So, good thing my adult daughter loves going with me!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-03-2013, 09:46 AM   #2073
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Good morning to all of you.

How are those Lesportsac? I really love some of their designs. I'm almost tempted to buy one but I'm so attached to my Baggallini (and its side-pocket for water bottles).

Yay for DD! I'm glad she had a good day yesterday. And WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO for 12 Days and Big Font Countdowns™ (Trademarked by Mousemommy1, Inc.)

Happy Friday back atcha! Did you guys get to partake in any lovely ice cream concoctions or was it only the milkshakes?

Phew. That's good that the insurance will get it sorted out. Crappy that it happened but sounds like it'll get itself sorted out quick, fingers crossed.

What is with this crazy weather? It's been raining here quite heavy and reminding me of our flooding a couple weeks ago. Be careful.

Now THAT sounds like my sorta theme park.

Sheila: Oooooh, thanks for the dessert party update. I'm really thinking I'll book it for our trip (hopefully). Though, I think it'll depend on which night(s) they have it. I'm guessing they don't do it on "party" (like MNSSHP) nights?

~~--------------------~~

Okay, who's doing what for the weekend?
Not sure about MNSSHP but we did the dessert party on MVMCP night last year

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 05-03-2013, 10:07 AM   #2074
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Not sure about MNSSHP but we did the dessert party on MVMCP night last year
Ah, thanks! Was wondering about that. We've got a BOG reservation on our potential party night. Hmmm. I'm thinking BOG and party and desserts might be too much on one night! (Of course, I love my desserts.)
Old 05-03-2013, 10:28 AM   #2075
DisneyFansInLINY
DIS Veteran

Oh no I did it again lol! I said I was done but I switched back from POP to POR lol My husband was like for $88, stay at POR! I'm really, really, really truly done now
Old 05-03-2013, 11:41 AM   #2076
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Quick update....modified school isn't helping he is so violent in school all of a sudden and it's not getting better. This is so not him, he wouldn't hurt a fly! he is my cuddle monster and hugs everyone he meets. I pulled him off ALL meds yesterday. I need to know if this is medication related or he has snapped. We have an appt with the psychologist on Monday as well. I am desperate for answers at this point.

To add to the chaos my neighbor drove over my mailbox on Tuesday. She didn't realize her car was in reverse....and took out the whole thing, post and all. The tow truck had to lift her car off my post. Because it was an accident I have to wait for her insurance to pay for it and the post office is giving me a hard time. Of course DH is waiting for a package so he is giving me a hard time as well.

I hope you are able to figure it out quickly. I know just how frustrating that is.

Quote:
Thank you to everyone for all the support today The meds are all for his stomach (even though they are asthma meds) and from everything I am reading they can really cause some bad mood disorders. Hopefully we will know for sure in a week once they are out his system. The psychologist appointment is really to create a back up plan if for some strange reason it is not the meds causing him to act like this.

Now to catch up a bit before I need to start dinner.....

Melissa
If you find out it is from the meds, are there different ones he can be put on, or would you have to put him on something for the bad mood side effect?

Quote:

Hopefully, there will be no more issues. Joey had issues with a girl last year, and I finally got it taken care of. He had been having an issue with a boy this year, but Joey just ignored him. I think because of Joey's lack of reaction, he's moved on. According to Joey, it's just how this kid treats everyone.

Quote:

That is awesome!! Let us know how it goes.

Around here the last several days have been a mixed bag of to .
The bad...One of the techs that works for the inlaws company went to fix a washing machine. He was in a hurry, and didn't test it properly after putting a part on. The customer put a load in after he left, and the son found the washer flooding the house during while it was washing. Needless to say, the possibility of losing their business insurance, and having to find new insurance, due to having to put new floors in the customer's house (or at least the damaged part) hasn't made the fil exactly in a great mood.

The good(ok great).....Yesterday was our 130 day out from checking into the BC (127 days out from leaving to drive to WDW) and my DH let me go ahead and purchase our MNSSHP tickets for September (Friday) 13th. When I told JM about it, he didn't want to go...until I reminded him how much candy we got last time. Then he got really excited about it.

The OMG just give me a never ending supply of margaritas....Yesterday about the time JM should have been getting of the bus, I got a call from the school saying the bus driver had dropped him off at the front of the building and he was in the office. I had to come and pick him up and the person I spoke with did not know the reason for him being put off the bus. When I got there, the Principal, Vice Principal for 7th grade, and the SEAK teacher were in a room with him. The Principal and VP came out and told me that JM had told a boy that he had a gun on him. They were having a resource officer (Sherrif's department officers that work in the school)come from another school and part of the reason being they hadn't been able to search him. I was like, "oh, I'll search him". Went in and did the search (btw, we have no guns in the home at all). I found out that early in the day JM saw a boy in his 7th period class take a girl's cell phone. He wouldn't give it back and was flirting with the girl. JM told the teacher and the teacher made the boy give it back. The boy called JM gay (which is the quickest way to get JM ), which angered JM. Instead of hitting, or cussing, at the boy he told the teacher what he called him. The teacher took care of the boy and JM went to the SEAK room to vent his anger. Which was exactly how he should have handled it. Then on the bus, a boy near JM was being loud and JM nicely asked him several times to be quiet. Finally, the boys called JM gay and JM asked him to stop. When he wouldn't JM kicked him and told him that if it were in the time of the zombie apocalypse, he would have no problem shooting him. The bus driver hates JM anyway, so she wouldn't believe he said it that way (not that it makes it much better) and believed the other boy. The bus driver has her very young grandchildren on the bus with her, and JM hates young children (they range in age of about 1-4 and there are 4 or 5 of them). JM is suspended from school until Tuesday, and will go back on Wednesday. One person at the school called me this morning about getting JM off that bus and on to the smaller bus. Luckily, he is used to that kind of bus because when he was in behavioral modification he wasn't at him "home school" and took the small bus to the school his b-mod class was at. Now instead of just being a bus driver on the bus, there will be a monitor as well. I am still waiting to see if his school's resource officer is going to write him a ticket or not. The one that was at the school last night was from another school. If I don't hear from them soon, I will call the school and find out.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 05-03-2013, 12:25 PM   #2077
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ah, thanks! Was wondering about that. We've got a BOG reservation on our potential party night. Hmmm. I'm thinking BOG and party and desserts might be too much on one night! (Of course, I love my desserts.)
I was also going to say I am pretty sure they do the dessert party on the party nights. It may be a nice break from the crowds. I would wait and see what time the dessert party is before you decide. If it is an early party I would think you would be too full from BoG But if you could eat at 6 or so, and then dessert at 9ish, that would be perfect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFansInLINY View Post
Oh no I did it again lol! I said I was done but I switched back from POP to POR lol My husband was like for $88, stay at POR! I'm really, really, really truly done now
Too funny!!! But yeah for that price I would have changed it too!

Wookie - I am going to respond to you when I get into carline!!!

Melissa

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 05-03-2013, 12:53 PM   #2078
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post

I hope you are able to figure it out quickly. I know just how frustrating that is.

If you find out it is from the meds, are there different ones he can be put on, or would you have to put him on something for the bad mood side effect?

Hopefully, there will be no more issues. Joey had issues with a girl last year, and I finally got it taken care of. He had been having an issue with a boy this year, but Joey just ignored him. I think because of Joey's lack of reaction, he's moved on. According to Joey, it's just how this kid treats everyone.

That is awesome!! Let us know how it goes.

Around here the last several days have been a mixed bag of to .
The bad...One of the techs that works for the inlaws company went to fix a washing machine. He was in a hurry, and didn't test it properly after putting a part on. The customer put a load in after he left, and the son found the washer flooding the house during while it was washing. Needless to say, the possibility of losing their business insurance, and having to find new insurance, due to having to put new floors in the customer's house (or at least the damaged part) hasn't made the fil exactly in a great mood.

The good(ok great).....Yesterday was our 130 day out from checking into the BC (127 days out from leaving to drive to WDW) and my DH let me go ahead and purchase our MNSSHP tickets for September (Friday) 13th. When I told JM about it, he didn't want to go...until I reminded him how much candy we got last time. Then he got really excited about it.

The OMG just give me a never ending supply of margaritas....Yesterday about the time JM should have been getting of the bus, I got a call from the school saying the bus driver had dropped him off at the front of the building and he was in the office. I had to come and pick him up and the person I spoke with did not know the reason for him being put off the bus. When I got there, the Principal, Vice Principal for 7th grade, and the SEAK teacher were in a room with him. The Principal and VP came out and told me that JM had told a boy that he had a gun on him. They were having a resource officer (Sherrif's department officers that work in the school)come from another school and part of the reason being they hadn't been able to search him. I was like, "oh, I'll search him". Went in and did the search (btw, we have no guns in the home at all). I found out that early in the day JM saw a boy in his 7th period class take a girl's cell phone. He wouldn't give it back and was flirting with the girl. JM told the teacher and the teacher made the boy give it back. The boy called JM gay (which is the quickest way to get JM ), which angered JM. Instead of hitting, or cussing, at the boy he told the teacher what he called him. The teacher took care of the boy and JM went to the SEAK room to vent his anger. Which was exactly how he should have handled it. Then on the bus, a boy near JM was being loud and JM nicely asked him several times to be quiet. Finally, the boys called JM gay and JM asked him to stop. When he wouldn't JM kicked him and told him that if it were in the time of the zombie apocalypse, he would have no problem shooting him. The bus driver hates JM anyway, so she wouldn't believe he said it that way (not that it makes it much better) and believed the other boy. The bus driver has her very young grandchildren on the bus with her, and JM hates young children (they range in age of about 1-4 and there are 4 or 5 of them). JM is suspended from school until Tuesday, and will go back on Wednesday. One person at the school called me this morning about getting JM off that bus and on to the smaller bus. Luckily, he is used to that kind of bus because when he was in behavioral modification he wasn't at him "home school" and took the small bus to the school his b-mod class was at. Now instead of just being a bus driver on the bus, there will be a monitor as well. I am still waiting to see if his school's resource officer is going to write him a ticket or not. The one that was at the school last night was from another school. If I don't hear from them soon, I will call the school and find out.
WOW, WOW, WOW!!!! What an ordeal!!!! This bus driver needs to be fired!!!! I am happy they are looking to get him off that bus. And HUGE kudos to JM for communicating with all the right people. He absolutely did everything he should have!!!!

Sorry about the IL's company, that sucks. I hope it works out. That is what instance is for after all.

And YAY on your MNSSHP tix!!!! It will be here before you know it! So exciting!!!!

As for DS I am actually thinking of keeping him off all the meds for a few months and then have the GI rescope and see how he is doing without the meds. Since we know wheat is the allergen, there is some hope that eliminating it from his diet is enough to keep the disease in remission.

HUGS,
Melissa

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:

Old 05-03-2013, 01:15 PM   #2079
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

All of you with rain send it to California!!! It's hot & dry here! Not even our fire season yet and we have out of control fires all around the state. No fires near DH and I or near DS and DD. We were told best to stay inside due to poor air quality. Thinking of heading to the mountains for cooler weather and some clean air.

Lots of pixie dust to our poor RC kids. Maybe that idea a few months ago about a compound isn't such a bad one .... nurse, teachers and lots of granny love!!!
Old 05-03-2013, 01:36 PM   #2080
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
All of you with rain send it to California!!! It's hot & dry here! Not even our fire season yet and we have out of control fires all around the state. No fires near DH and I or near DS and DD. We were told best to stay inside due to poor air quality. Thinking of heading to the mountains for cooler weather and some clean air.

Lots of pixie dust to our poor RC kids. Maybe that idea a few months ago about a compound isn't such a bad one .... nurse, teachers and lots of granny love!!!
Linda - I am loving the idea of a compound! We just need to win the lotto or be funded somehow

I'll send some of our torrential rains your way! I think getting to the mountains sounds like a great idea!!!!!

HUGS,
Melissa

My Trip Reports:

Old 05-03-2013, 04:48 PM   #2081
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Checking in again...

Wookie: Oh man. When it rains, it pours. Sending you good thoughts... and WAHOOOs for getting your MNSSHP tickets.

DisneyFansInLINY: POR! That's a nice change. I really enjoyed it there.

Melissa: See? This is why I love you guys. Bouncing ideas off you lot -- y'all always have great ideas. I hadn't thought about the span of time from BOG until any dessert party. We've got our BOG ressie at 4:10pm. I'd be worried how about being too stuffed from that meal to efficiently ( ) enjoy the dessert party. BOG doesn't strike me as "light fare" to say the least.

Linda: Take our rain! Our ground still hasn't recovered from the flooding. Every time the mutt goes outside, she get her paws caked in mud. I think she's trying to tell us we need to get rid of the carpeting.
Old 05-03-2013, 04:53 PM   #2082
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

I need advice from the BOG dinner experts...

Approximately, from getting in line to check in until leaving, how long was your meal?

I'm now a bit worried it'll eat a lot of time out of our maybe-party night.
Old 05-03-2013, 04:58 PM   #2083
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Approximately, from getting in line to check in until leaving, how long was your meal?

Can't help you as I haven't eaten there yet, but my guess for dinner would be about 2 hours based on what I have read.

My Trip Reports:

Old 05-03-2013, 07:11 PM   #2084
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Honestly, I think we were in and out of there in just under 1.5 hours from the time we got our buzzer to the time we exited Beast's study after pictures. Very good and fast service!

We LOVED BOG!!

Just took 3 hours for myself and uploaded all of our photos to the Photopass website in order to create our 2013 Photobook and order our CD in record time!!! Can't wait to see it!!!

Oh, and guess who else is booking a trip for next year??? Yup! Our friends can't wait to go back!!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 05-03-2013, 08:22 PM   #2085
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Quote:
Can't help you as I haven't eaten there yet, but my guess for dinner would be about 2 hours based on what I have read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Honestly, I think we were in and out of there in just under 1.5 hours from the time we got our buzzer to the time we exited Beast's study after pictures. Very good and fast service!

We LOVED BOG!!

Just took 3 hours for myself and uploaded all of our photos to the Photopass website in order to create our 2013 Photobook and order our CD in record time!!! Can't wait to see it!!!

Oh, and guess who else is booking a trip for next year??? Yup! Our friends can't wait to go back!!!!
Dani trying to remember how long our RC dinner took but I would guess 1 1/2 to 2 hours .... I'm sure Janet, Magic or Deena would probably remember better than I do. I do know that when DD and I ate there it was approx 2 hours but we really took our time and DD made friends with the server so we had lots of chatting going on ... the service was quick and what slowed us down was us. Both my dinners there were adult dinners so I think with little kids you'd get out of there quicker.

Also my opinion .... I would not do BOG and the Dessert Party the same night. The cupcakes at BOG are tasty .... my lemon one was good but DD said her chocolate one was to die for!!! When I do the Dessert Party we usually do a late lunch .... normally at WCC .... nice to get out of the park for a little rest and then maybe just have fruit, veggie, pretzel snack before the party.

Not bothering to go to the mountains this weekend .... really smokey!!! We're going to try to take the dog out for a little walk but the air isn't looking good here either. DD said it's really bad in LA .... Fire fire GO AWAY!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: