Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 03:57 PM   #2056
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Talking

Jeanette Kudos to DS 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Quick update....modified school isn't helping he is so violent in school all of a sudden and it's not getting better. This is so not him, he wouldn't hurt a fly! he is my cuddle monster and hugs everyone he meets. I pulled him off ALL meds yesterday. I need to know if this is medication related or he has snapped. We have an appt with the psychologist on Monday as well. I am desperate for answers at this point.

To add to the chaos my neighbor drove over my mailbox on Tuesday. She didn't realize her car was in reverse....and took out the whole thing, post and all. The tow truck had to lift her car off my post. Because it was an accident I have to wait for her insurance to pay for it and the post office is giving me a hard time. Of course DH is waiting for a package so he is giving me a hard time as well.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Fingers crossed taking DS off the meds help.(((hug)))

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteykirch View Post
Well, my reservations as of now, subject to change if/when California Grill opens
ADRs and plans looking good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFansInLINY View Post
I switched again! But this time I am done. I am content with my reservations and am not switching anymore. I decided to switch from POR to POP and add the QS dining plan for the first 3 days.

So here is my ressies:
June 27-June 30 POP quick service dining plan
June 30-July 2 AoA no dining plan
July 2-July 3 BWV regular dining plan
July 3-July 4 BLT deluxe dining plan using credits into July 4
July 4-7 BWV regular dining plan July 5-7
I could never move so any times during a trip, Bob does not want to do a split between even 2 Resorts.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 05-02-2013, 04:43 PM   #2057
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Thank you to everyone for all the support today The meds are all for his stomach (even though they are asthma meds) and from everything I am reading they can really cause some bad mood disorders. Hopefully we will know for sure in a week once they are out his system. The psychologist appointment is really to create a back up plan if for some strange reason it is not the meds causing him to act like this.

Now to catch up a bit before I need to start dinner.....

Shelia - my hubby is like Bob, he told me NO splits allowed!!!

Koh - stick with AKL, I think you will be happy! But you are on here on the RC board Too funny about your friend booking a month out with no ADR's, living in FL I have done it plenty of times.

Jeanette - I had the GI approval to stop the Flovent for a week, but was supposed to put him back on this week on a lower dose. I stopped the Singulair (and Nexium while I was at it) this week without dr approval and I know he will not be happy me, but I need to do what is best for my child. Like you said, mama knows best Congrats to DS on the play! How exciting

DisneyFansInLINY - looks like a fun multi split

Peteykirch - I hope you can get into GC! I was disappointed it was closed when we were there in Feb.

i_heart - which way are you leaning today? Are you still considering off prop Or are you just sticking with Poly?

Candace - i was going to vote for April, so I am glad that is what you are shooting for. August is really brutal here, the weather is just gross.

Okay, I know not much but I need to get dinner started. I am going to try to catch up some more tonight after the kiddos go to bed.

Melissa

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest

Last edited by babyberger; 05-03-2013 at 05:32 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-02-2013, 05:17 PM   #2058
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you to everyone for all the support today The meds are all for his stomach (even though they are asthma meds) and from everything I am reading they can really cause some bad mood disorders. Hopefully we will know for sure in a week once they are out his system. The psychologist appointment is really to create a back up plan if for some strange reason it is not the meds causing him to act like this.

Now to catch up a bit before I need to start dinner.....

Shelia - my hubby is like Bob, he told me NO splits allowed!!!

Koh - stick with AKL, I think you will be happy! But you are on here on the RC board Too funny about your friend booking a month out with no ADR's, living in FL I have done it plenty of times.

Jeanette - I had the GI approval to stop the Flovent for a week, but was supposed to put him back on this week on a lower dose. I stopped the Singulair (and Nexium) while I was at it without dr approval and I know he will not be happy me, but I need to do what is best for my child. Like you said, mama knows best Congrats to DS on the play! How exciting

Peteykirch - I hope you can get into GC! I was disappointed it was closed when we were there in Feb.

i_heart - which way are you leaning today? Are you still considering off prop Or are you just sticking with Poly?

Candace - i was going to vote for April, so I am glad that is what you are shooting for. August is really brutal here, the weather is just gross.

Okay, I know not much but I need to get dinner started. I am going to try to catch up some more tonight after the kiddos go to bed.

Melissa
I am sticking with AKL. :-) I did enough changing in my mind leading up to my CR to AKL change... :-)

I know to each their own and I'm trying to be more relaxed this trip, but if you're doing the dining plan, you need to at least make it worth your while and get those TS ADRs. And it's the girls' first trip...and like CM's is only available around 9pm half of the nights they're there. And no breakfast times. And then they were thinking of doing CRT?? :-/ I'd love them to go in August with us, but she says work schedule won't allow for that...

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 05-02-2013, 07:39 PM   #2059
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Melissa: I am soooo sorry, my friend. I'm hoping it's just the meds. Get some vino down your gullet tonight. Was your mailbox a victim of a snowbird or is she a year-rounder?

Jeanette: Congrats to DS12! That's excellent. Count Miss M in... she needs some siblings to hang out with. I was contemplating sending her to Jen so her girlies can fix her hair.

Jen: How'd it go? Good on you for the stank eye. I'm high-fiving you from here.

Kook: The "I'm Done" bit. "Done" doesn't occur until some folks are on the ME on the way to MCO -- or in the car headed home.

Petey: Fabulous ADRs!

DisneyFansInLINY: Holy SPLIT, Batman! I think our GG has a twin! If you start adding on weeks here and there, we'll know that you two were separated at birth.

Koh: Yep. No changes. You've gotta go with AKL... I'm looking forward to your review.

to Sue, I_Heart, Sheila, Dani, Candace, Wookie and all the rest of you lovelies.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:56 PM   #2060
DisneyFansInLINY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

Did you pinky swear about being done? Sometimes the "I'm done" statement doesn't always stick around these parts.

So you have 4 different resorts and BWV twice in 11 days? Even my RC split stay head is spinning.
LOL I usually do a split stay between 2 resorts but DH isn't going to be with me and the kids for the first 5 days so I wanted to stay where he won't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Wouldn't it be cheaper to just do room only reservations and get discounted tickets elsewhere and dining OOP? ANyway, that's a lot of moving, but if you can do it, go for it! I like trying the different resorts. Just couldn't talk DH into a split stay this time around...

I didn't buy tickets. I am an annual pass holder. POP and quick service was booked with my ap discount. AoA was booked through Expedia using 2 $50 off coupons that I bought on ebay. 1 night at BWV was also booked through Expedia with the $50 off coupon. We rented points for the other 3 nights at BWV and 1 night at BLT. DVC members can add the dining plan without having to buy tickets. We are almost DVC owners but won't have points until 2014.

It's alot of moving but I never unpack so it's really easy to just pick up and go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Jeanette

I could never move so any times during a trip, Bob does not want to do a split between even 2 Resorts.
My DH does not like to move alot, 2 resorts is the most for him. But he is joining us for the 2nd part of the trip so I get to resort hop my heart out lol. He doesn't get to Florida until July 2at 10:00pm. So he only has to switch from BWV to BLT and back to BWV. We are actually going to leave the majority of our bags at BWV with bell services and just take an overnight bag to BLT.

Quote:

Thank you
Old 05-02-2013, 09:29 PM   #2061
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Quick update....modified school isn't helping he is so violent in school all of a sudden and it's not getting better. This is so not him, he wouldn't hurt a fly! he is my cuddle monster and hugs everyone he meets. I pulled him off ALL meds yesterday. I need to know if this is medication related or he has snapped. We have an appt with the psychologist on Monday as well. I am desperate for answers at this point.

To add to the chaos my neighbor drove over my mailbox on Tuesday. She didn't realize her car was in reverse....and took out the whole thing, post and all. The tow truck had to lift her car off my post. Because it was an accident I have to wait for her insurance to pay for it and the post office is giving me a hard time. Of course DH is waiting for a package so he is giving me a hard time as well.

this us one crazy week for everyone. So sorry. And on top if it you sure don't need any more stress piled on top, with mail boxes, etc. hope you can find the answers you need.

kooki had the pleasure of meeting Heather and her family in January. I have followed her AKL TR, especially since we were staying there in CL last August. So when she posted about her weekend at POR, it was during our POFQ stay, and we set up a meet over Beignets!! Very fun.

Koh we loved AKL! Be sure you check out some of the dinner specials in The Mara. IMO as good as a TS meal. They change the specials nightly.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 20-Sept 3 2014 GF & GF CL

Last edited by Sue M; 05-02-2013 at 09:36 PM.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:48 PM   #2062
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
So I finally convinced DH that I really want to tell the DD's about the trip on Mother's Day!! I really wanted to tell them last night, as DD8 had a horrible day with the girl at school that won't leave her alone. I just felt it was a good time, but DH didn't agree. So....I will wait for Mother's Day!

Not sure what to do about this girl at school. DD8 has talked to the teacher and she doesn't seem to want to get involved, and keeps telling her to work it out. But DD8 says nothing she says to the other girl will make her stop. After DD8 talked to the teacher yesterday, the other girl was sitting on the carpet in the classroom and whispered to DD8 that she was going to get 'payback'.

I am thinking I may have to have a little talk with the VP. I do not want this girl put in DD8 class next year.
I'd totally have a talk with both the teacher and VP. In our school district we have a zero tolerance with bullying. It's taken very seriously. Children can be so mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Good Morning everyone

I went to JB late yesterday and saw lowest fare $155 I got all excited then saw it is for the 7am flight no way I am getting on ME at 4am and lugging my own bags to save $$$. The one flight I want was/is (prices are same this am) $251 the other still at $280.

Bob has been "sick" past 2 days, Dr changed his meds and he is in a drugged up state. You can not tell him he is taking the pills too close together, he knows it all......the script reads take 4x a day so the idiot Takes one then another etc within a 3-4 hour period. I am so pissed at him he has done this for the past 2 days because he can't sleep( do to his restless leg syndrome unless he drugs himself up.
I hear you on leaving on early flights. No way, don't care how cheap they are, they have to pry my cold dead hands off the door of my room to get me out and onto the DME
Sorry Bob us being difficult!! I think it's the nature if the beast!

Quote:
Very nice! I have a couple of wdw Dooneys and last trip got the wristlet in the retro pattern. But my new love is the Lesportsac Small World patterns

Miss have you straightened out your ADRs?
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 20-Sept 3 2014 GF & GF CL
Old 05-03-2013, 05:39 AM   #2063
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Good morning...a quick update before the kiddos get up.

DD8 had a great day yesterday, she said there were no issues and the girl stayed away from her. That is all well and good but I will still be talking to the teacher and whoever else today about next years class placement. One day doesn't make it all better. Her teacher was away at the end of the day though for a Dr. app't (she's expecting). So we'll see what happens! I am on the case though. She has spent way too much time worrying about going to school this year.

Side note....12 days to go!!
Old 05-03-2013, 05:42 AM   #2064
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:

DD8 had a great day yesterday, she said there were no issues and the girl stayed away from her. That is all well and good but I will still be talking to the teacher and whoever else today about next years class placement. One day doesn't make it all better. Her teacher was away at the end of the day though for a Dr. app't (she's expecting). So we'll see what happens! I am on the case though. She has spent way too much time worrying about going to school this year.

Glad she had a great day!!!

Hooray for you upcoming trip!!!!! I can't wait to hear all about it!!!!

Oh, and FYI, if you have time to eat at Beaches and Cream, the grilled cheese sandwich is delicious!!!!

Happy Friday Everyone!!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 05-03-2013, 05:53 AM   #2065
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Glad she had a great day!!!

Hooray for you upcoming trip!!!!! I can't wait to hear all about it!!!!

Oh, and FYI, if you have time to eat at Beaches and Cream, the grilled cheese sandwich is delicious!!!!

Happy Friday Everyone!!!!
Oooh good tip! I would love to try and eat there, or at least get some ice cream at least once.

Off topic....Candace have you heard anything about Newburyport Whale Watching in MA? I recall you saying you have gone, but it was in NH right? Any recommendations?

Thanks!!

Jen
Old 05-03-2013, 06:23 AM   #2066
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am sticking with AKL. :-) I did enough changing in my mind leading up to my CR to AKL change... :-)

I know to each their own and I'm trying to be more relaxed this trip, but if you're doing the dining plan, you need to at least make it worth your while and get those TS ADRs. And it's the girls' first trip...and like CM's is only available around 9pm half of the nights they're there. And no breakfast times. And then they were thinking of doing CRT?? :-/ I'd love them to go in August with us, but she says work schedule won't allow for that...

Glad you are sticking with AKL (although you know how I feel about CR )

Oh yeah, there is a slim chance they will get CM's and CRT. Maybe if they keep checking and there is a cancellation. When we book a last minute trip we know we are not going to get the ADR's we want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Melissa: I am soooo sorry, my friend. I'm hoping it's just the meds. Get some vino down your gullet tonight. Was your mailbox a victim of a snowbird or is she a year-rounder?
[/B]
Year rounder We dont have snow birds in our neighborhood thankfully. She came over yesterday with all her insurance info and told me the insurance co said they would just cut me a check for the replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFansInLINY View Post
LOL I usually do a split stay between 2 resorts but DH isn't going to be with me and the kids for the first 5 days so I wanted to stay where he won't.

I didn't buy tickets. I am an annual pass holder. POP and quick service was booked with my ap discount. AoA was booked through Expedia using 2 $50 off coupons that I bought on ebay. 1 night at BWV was also booked through Expedia with the $50 off coupon. We rented points for the other 3 nights at BWV and 1 night at BLT. DVC members can add the dining plan without having to buy tickets. We are almost DVC owners but won't have points until 2014.

It's alot of moving but I never unpack so it's really easy to just pick up and go.

My DH does not like to move alot, 2 resorts is the most for him. But he is joining us for the 2nd part of the trip so I get to resort hop my heart out lol. He doesn't get to Florida until July 2at 10:00pm. So he only has to switch from BWV to BLT and back to BWV. We are actually going to leave the majority of our bags at BWV with bell services and just take an overnight bag to BLT.

Thank you
Okay, now that I see what you are doing with getting there before DH, different deals, etc, it really looks like a great plan! My DH wont split either, so I think I would do the same thing. You really do have a great list of resorts!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
this us one crazy week for everyone. So sorry. And on top if it you sure don't need any more stress piled on top, with mail boxes, etc. hope you can find the answers you need.
Thank you I am really hoping next week we see a big difference, fingers crossed.

Quote:

Go DD So glad she had a good day! Sometimes the kids can handle themselves. It will be interesting to see how the next few days go. But yes, you need to make sure she is not with this meany next year

And 12 days......

Off to drop Sarah at school, we had a lot of flooding yesterday, so not sure how long that is going to take

Melissa

My Trip Reports:

Old 05-03-2013, 06:27 AM   #2067
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oooh good tip! I would love to try and eat there, or at least get some ice cream at least once.

Off topic....Candace have you heard anything about Newburyport Whale Watching in MA? I recall you saying you have gone, but it was in NH right? Any recommendations?

Thanks!!

Jen
We haven't done whale watching out of MA. We use Al Gauron (sp?)....if you google it, he will pop up. Good prices and great results every time we have done it.

He is out of Hampton, NH which isn't that far from Newburyport, MA, probably 20 minutes down I-95.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 05-03-2013, 07:28 AM   #2068
babyberger
DIS Veteran

I thought everyone here could appreciate this. I get a weekly email from a wine tasting place we go to. This was the description for next week (which we are going to)....

"Next week is going to be like a Disney Zinfandel Theme Park! Hold On."

My Trip Reports:

Old 05-03-2013, 07:39 AM   #2069
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:

Happy to read that DD had a good day at school yesterday.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 05-03-2013, 09:28 AM   #2070
sjs314

Dessert Party Open - Update

If anyone is waiting to book the TT Dessert Party for July it is now OPEN!

It appears the entire month is not fully loaded yet, just the early part of July

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila

Last edited by sjs314; 05-03-2013 at 09:43 AM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: