Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 10:52 AM   #2041
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Miss 4.0: Doesn't DH know not to tell you to book whatever you want (except GF)? Now you're going to go and book RPC, aren't you?
Perhaps that was a passing thought...it IS 35% off after all.....I even considered booking the boys at WL Best of both worlds...Travel channel has Disney week this week, so of course hubs is on his Universal is better than Disney kick....I asked what he wanted me to do, and he said leave it alone. Bree is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited for the castle and meeting Cinderella, and ToT DS4 keeps talking about WDW and Jurassic Park AND Spiderman But HRH and Kate whispered to me they are really excited to go to Disney, and can we PLEASE stay at the Poly......well....what's a momma to do???
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyrosa2 View Post
Went from WL to POR to AKL to CSR and finally ended up at the BC.... soooooooo done with changing
Right....however...great choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
I'm going to Disney THIS MONTH!!!
AWESOME!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
So I finally convinced DH that I really want to tell the DD's about the trip on Mother's Day!! I really wanted to tell them last night, as DD8 had a horrible day with the girl at school that won't leave her alone. I just felt it was a good time, but DH didn't agree. So....I will wait for Mother's Day!

Not sure what to do about this girl at school. DD8 has talked to the teacher and she doesn't seem to want to get involved, and keeps telling her to work it out. But DD8 says nothing she says to the other girl will make her stop. After DD8 talked to the teacher yesterday, the other girl was sitting on the carpet in the classroom and whispered to DD8 that she was going to get 'payback'.

I am thinking I may have to have a little talk with the VP. I do not want this girl put in DD8 class next year.
TOTALLY call the VP Jen

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Just a quick post to Jeanette....

So happy HRH's MRI was negative. What is the next step with her now?

Good luck to DS (and you) with he tube surgery.

Bree, oh my!!! I hope it's nothing, but yes a must check situation.

HUGS to my Wonder Woman!!!!!!
Melissa

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Next step is wait and see how often she gets the headaches. They did mention some sinus congestion (not infected) so I added her on to the Claritin Crew

Miss ya Melissa (my wonder woman)....hey...since Kook is a teacher, what say we employ her to school our kiddos!!! I bet HRH would really help with Steven, she has a special way with other kids...except when she is in the middle of her own meltdown of course....So it would be Jen's girls, my kiddos, and yours...who else???Miss M too !!! I better get a down payment together on that land for our compound!

Good news...DS12 scored a lead in the drama production of Guys and dolls this month. He has been diligent with rehearsals, and he was in the guys' chorus and stage crew...but someone dropped out and they needed a Nathan...he tried out and got it!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post

Krystal I love the new design but I am way too cheap to spend that much on a handbag.
Me too Sheila!

Quote:
Bob has been "sick" past 2 days, Dr changed his meds and he is in a drugged up state. You can not tell him he is taking the pills too close together, he knows it all......the script reads take 4x a day so the idiot Takes one then another etc within a 3-4 hour period. I am so pissed at him he has done this for the past 2 days because he can't sleep( do to his restless leg syndrome unless he drugs himself up.
MEN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Well yesterday, I get an email from DH asking for next years Disney dates, so he can put it on the calendar. He wants April, and so do I so we are going to make that happen. And then the girls were saying that perhaps 8 days would be good.

I guess this family can get Disney'd out but it doesn't last very long...So, right now we are planning 7 nights/8 days at the Poly (hopefully CL) in April 2014. Obviously things are on hold until rates come out and until we find out if the military discount will be renewed again....but, the seed has been planted and the plans are in there....

This family is addicted I tell ya!
That is FANTASTIC!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
That is excellent that she loves her docs... makes things easier. I'd be right along with you, momma. Paranoid moms unite!
DMIL came over last night and said she is having heart valve issues...yet she'll deal with it after her cruise I can't with her....anywoo I will bring it up to Bree's cardiologist ...just in case

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 05-02-2013, 11:09 AM   #2042
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

I can come help teach too!! :-)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-02-2013, 11:11 AM   #2043
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post

My bad Krystal that's right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and our Original RC hostess step is also a teacher We got this ladies!!

Old 05-02-2013, 11:32 AM   #2044
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quick update....modified school isn't helping he is so violent in school all of a sudden and it's not getting better. This is so not him, he wouldn't hurt a fly! he is my cuddle monster and hugs everyone he meets. I pulled him off ALL meds yesterday. I need to know if this is medication related or he has snapped. We have an appt with the psychologist on Monday as well. I am desperate for answers at this point.

To add to the chaos my neighbor drove over my mailbox on Tuesday. She didn't realize her car was in reverse....and took out the whole thing, post and all. The tow truck had to lift her car off my post. Because it was an accident I have to wait for her insurance to pay for it and the post office is giving me a hard time. Of course DH is waiting for a package so he is giving me a hard time as well.

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 05-02-2013, 11:35 AM   #2045
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Quick update....modified school isn't helping he is so violent in school all of a sudden and it's not getting better. This is so not him, he wouldn't hurt a fly! he is my cuddle monster and hugs everyone he meets. I pulled him off ALL meds yesterday. I need to know if this is medication related or he has snapped. We have an appt with the psychologist on Monday as well. I am desperate for answers at this point.

To add to the chaos my neighbor drove over my mailbox on Tuesday. She didn't realize her car was in reverse....and took out the whole thing, post and all. The tow truck had to lift her car off my post. Because it was an accident I have to wait for her insurance to pay for it and the post office is giving me a hard time. Of course DH is waiting for a package so he is giving me a hard time as well.

Oh man Melissa! I am so sorry! Poor DS, there must be something making him act like that all of a sudden. I hope you can figure it out.

And the mailbox thing...what the???!!?? Just add to your stress right? Thank god neither of your kiddos were playing there when she did that! Now that would have been horrible.

Stay strong....
Old 05-02-2013, 11:39 AM   #2046
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Oh my Have they played with his meds recently? That could be an issue. My DS21 had a very violent period at 13 when they added a med Resolved immediately when I pulled him off (against the Dr. advice). Monday??? Ugh....hang in there Mama

Old 05-02-2013, 12:28 PM   #2047
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I owe everyone a "catch up" post! I've missed lots of goings-on.
[B
Let me throw in a quick new website ADR complaint... (like you guys haven't heard the likes of this before, right? )

After saying I wanted to keep it simple and only have 2 ADRs, we decide to do add a special "kick it off right" on our first morning and I booked CRT. We've never eaten there since Miss M isn't really a princess sorta gal but we both decided the location would be a sweet start to the vacation. I looked last night to see that MK usually opens at 9am on the day we had it booked (I booked a breakfast ressie at 9:05am). This morning, I decide to check for an earlier time and noticed an 8:30 was available so I proceeded to book that one. It pops up with a conflicting reservation window. What was strange about this was it had listed the original reservation time as 10:05am. Weird, right? So I cancelled the original and decided to check my other ADRs...

I booked Artist Point for our arrival night, a Saturday (also our anniversary) and the website now has it listed as SUNDAY! What?! It's also a totally different reservation number than the one in the confirmation email (which has the correct day and time). If all they really want us to do is eventually have to break down and call anyway, why don't they just get rid of the new totally-borked website?

Back after my torture session to catch up. I hope everyone's mornings are off to a good start so far...
Lol at borked. That's my DH's current fave word. Sorry things were so screwy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
We've never stayed at a monorail before, so we're looking forward to 2 nights at CR. After a "few" indecisive changes, we decided that's where we'll be. What sealed the deal were the rumors about Cali Grill being open (hopefully) in Sept. We have a just in case reservation at Narcoossees. I sent an email to the IPO, and they've noted our request, for CG. They will book it if dining open reservations.
I made a ticker. That's a serious commitment in my book!
I hope you can get CG. I think your gonna like trying out the monorail side!

Quote:

Arrive around 11:30am
Lunch Cap'ts Cooks
Explore Resort, Shop
Nap once room is ready (will have been up since 4am)
6pm Torch Lighting
7pm Dinner 'Ohana (backup Kona)
9pm EWP/Fireworks Poly Beach

A perfect Poly day! Love this plan!

Quote:
We have three breakfasts and two lunches, but one dinner. What the? I think I need to add at least one more. I'm looking at either Cape May or Kona.
My vote is for Kona, but then I am pretty biased against all of the buffets. Too much work, IMO.

Quote:
Hubbo took the day off yesterday so we could have some time to "decompress" after my mom and dad left. To relax, we wound up buying a bunch of topsoil, some mulch and a tree to plant. How's that for relaxing?

Okay experts, how does this sound for ADRs?
  • Day 1: Arrival Day! Artist Point at 7:45pm (our anniversary) ** Had to book this AGAIN due to the mysteriously vanishing ADR.
  • Day 2: First full day. 8:30am breakfast at CRT.
  • Day 3: Nada. Zip. Zilch. F&W, F&W, F&W
  • Day 4: Be Our Guest at 4:10pm (hubbo's birthday)
  • Day 5: Crying Day. Breakfast at Chef Mickey's.
Looks great!

Quote:
Well, I think BoG will be much fun and you'll be the first in for dinner! But, I think you need to stay longer - do you only have 3 full days? What would be your CM substitute? Can you add days and therefore more ADRs? We LOVE Tokyo Dining and your DD can eat out of a monorail!! (Monorail not included...)
Love the monorail meal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteykirch View Post
Bought my ticket for MNSSHP on the 27th of October. Can't wait!
Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyrosa2 View Post
Went from WL to POR to AKL to CSR and finally ended up at the BC.... soooooooo done with changing
BC is a great choice!

Quote:
I'm going to Disney THIS MONTH!!!
Almost time for Alooooooooha!

Quote:
Phew there is my purse!! I thought I lost it! I love it!

Quote:
So I finally convinced DH that I really want to tell the DD's about the trip on Mother's Day!! I really wanted to tell them last night, as DD8 had a horrible day with the girl at school that won't leave her alone. I just felt it was a good time, but DH didn't agree. So....I will wait for Mother's Day!

Not sure what to do about this girl at school. DD8 has talked to the teacher and she doesn't seem to want to get involved, and keeps telling her to work it out. But DD8 says nothing she says to the other girl will make her stop. After DD8 talked to the teacher yesterday, the other girl was sitting on the carpet in the classroom and whispered to DD8 that she was going to get 'payback'.

I am thinking I may have to have a little talk with the VP. I do not want this girl put in DD8 class next year.
Oh ick. I hope the little snot knocks it off pronto. Hugs for your DD (and you!).

Quote:
Accidentally lost your quote, but I am waaaaay too cheap to spend a lot on a handbag too!

Quote:
Good Morning everyone

I went to JB late yesterday and saw lowest fare $155 I got all excited then saw it is for the 7am flight no way I am getting on ME at 4am and lugging my own bags to save $$$. The one flight I want was/is (prices are same this am) $251 the other still at $280.

Bob has been "sick" past 2 days, Dr changed his meds and he is in a drugged up state. You can not tell him he is taking the pills too close together, he knows it all......the script reads take 4x a day so the idiot Takes one then another etc within a 3-4 hour period. I am so pissed at him he has done this for the past 2 days because he can't sleep( do to his restless leg syndrome unless he drugs himself up.
Men! I hope he gets things ironed out soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
I guess this family can get Disney'd out but it doesn't last very long...So, right now we are planning 7 nights/8 days at the Poly (hopefully CL) in April 2014. Obviously things are on hold until rates come out and until we find out if the military discount will be renewed again....but, the seed has been planted and the plans are in there....

This family is addicted I tell ya!
Poly in April sounds perfect!

Quote:
Thanks everyone....DD8 woke up this morning and begged me to let her see how today goes. This big talk was with the teacher yesterday so she wants to see if anything changes today. If not, I am heading in there. I stood at the portable this morning and stared the girl down with the stank eye. Times have changed though, my Mom would've marched right up to the girl and given her what for. But we can't do that today can we.

So I will await todays report.

Oh yes, I have reserved our pre-cruise night at the Marriot Cocoa Beach! I know we are heading to WDW soon, but I would also love to get that airfare booked too! Airtran and SW should release in the next couple of days!

Jen
Keeping your DD in my thoughts today. I hope the stink eye worked. Yay for booking your pre-cruise stay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmhall2000 View Post
In the past 4 months I have changed our ressies 5x...well, Southwest Came out with a deal we could not refuse ($59 one way!) and since it's only on days Tuesday/Wednesdays I have to change my ressie again!

Think I'll stay with Contemporary but now considering doing a split stay, IF we do some days at AoA...and get the QS only, can we opt to upgrade it to DDP for just 2 of the 3 nights? or do you have to upgrade all your stay? We may only want to upgrade 1 night..
I thin DDP is an all or nothing thing. I could be wrong though as I only actually ever used it once. An AOA/CR split sounds nice.

Quote:

Oh man.You just can't catch a break. Monday can't get here soon enough!
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 05-02-2013, 12:56 PM   #2048
peteykirch
Mouseketeer

Well, my reservations as of now, subject to change if/when California Grill opens

Quote:
Oct 27th Arrival Day
Lunch - 12:55 Liberty Tree Tavern
MNSSHP

Oct 28th
Breakfast - 7:35 Kona Cafe
Lunch - F&W Booths
Dinner - 6:15 Artist Point

Oct 29th
Lunch - 1:10 Rose & Crown
Dinner - 7:50 Ohana

Oct 30th
Breakfast - 7:55 The Wave
Dinner - 5:05 Be Our Guest

Oct 31st
Lunch - 12:45 Via Napoli
Dinner - 6:15 Flying Fish Cafe

Nov 1st
Breakfast - 7:30 Kona Cafe
Old 05-02-2013, 01:05 PM   #2049
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Wow! *hugs* is he like that at home too or just at school? Hopefully Monday will bring some answers...hang in there until then!

Sorry about the mailbox. Our mailman has completely broken the door of ours and so we're now trying to get it replaced...

Just heard we can wear casual all next week!! Woohoo!!

And one of my best friends from college is booking her WDW trip tonight I think. 6 nights at POFQ in June. Yes, just over a month away. No ADRs booked yet...I'm trying not to have convulsions just thinking about it...lol

Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 05-02-2013, 01:42 PM   #2050
DisneyFansInLINY
DIS Veteran

I switched again! But this time I am done. I am content with my reservations and am not switching anymore. I decided to switch from POR to POP and add the QS dining plan for the first 3 days.

So here is my ressies:
June 27-June 30 POP quick service dining plan
June 30-July 2 AoA no dining plan
July 2-July 3 BWV regular dining plan
July 3-July 4 BLT deluxe dining plan using credits into July 4
July 4-7 BWV regular dining plan July 5-7
Old 05-02-2013, 02:16 PM   #2051
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Perhaps that was a passing thought...it IS 35% off after all.....I even considered booking the boys at WL Best of both worlds...Travel channel has Disney week this week, so of course hubs is on his Universal is better than Disney kick....I asked what he wanted me to do, and he said leave it alone. Bree is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited for the castle and meeting Cinderella, and ToT DS4 keeps talking about WDW and Jurassic Park AND Spiderman But HRH and Kate whispered to me they are really excited to go to Disney, and can we PLEASE stay at the Poly......well....what's a momma to do???
Right....however...great choice

Next step is wait and see how often she gets the headaches. They did mention some sinus congestion (not infected) so I added her on to the Claritin Crew

Miss ya Melissa (my wonder woman)....hey...since Kook is a teacher, what say we employ her to school our kiddos!!! I bet HRH would really help with Steven, she has a special way with other kids...except when she is in the middle of her own meltdown of course....So it would be Jen's girls, my kiddos, and yours...who else???Miss M too !!! I better get a down payment together on that land for our compound!

Good news...DS12 scored a lead in the drama production of Guys and dolls this month. He has been diligent with rehearsals, and he was in the guys' chorus and stage crew...but someone dropped out and they needed a Nathan...he tried out and got it!!!!!

DMIL came over last night and said she is having heart valve issues...yet she'll deal with it after her cruise I can't with her....anywoo I will bring it up to Bree's cardiologist ...just in case
I think a split family stay would be fun for you, but you've got to book Poly now, don't you?

Throw my teen into the homeschool RC mix and we'd have quite the crazy bunch, but she'd have to be part of the Allegra crew. I think all our RC kids love theater, right? We're a very dramatic bunch of Changers... Great to hear that DS got the lead. Do bring up the heart valve with the cardiologist. She had an Echo, right? Wouldn't that have caught a valve problem?

Quote:

What subject/grades? Full disclosure: I haven't taught since DD was born. hstrickland (Heather), who has the great DCL TR and sometimes makes an appearance here, is also a teacher.

Quote:

This just stinks. Taking him off the meds was a smart move and you have your appt. Monday which is good. You must be beside yourself. I'd also like to know if he's frustrated at home, too or just school?

Your mailbox incident could have come directly from a "Del Boca Vista" Seinfeld episode. Thank goodness no children or pets were injured. Can you set the box out without the post onto the grass until the repair?

Would Dory also say, "Just keep baking?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Oh my Have they played with his meds recently? That could be an issue. My DS21 had a very violent period at 13 when they added a med Resolved immediately when I pulled him off (against the Dr. advice). Monday??? Ugh....hang in there Mama
Smart 4.0 nurse/mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteykirch View Post
Well, my reservations as of now, subject to change if/when California Grill opens
Love those Scotch Eggs at R&C. CG is scheduled to open 1 SEP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFansInLINY View Post
I switched again! But this time I am done. I am content with my reservations and am not switching anymore. I decided to switch from POR to POP and add the QS dining plan for the first 3 days.

So here is my ressies:
Did you pinky swear about being done? Sometimes the "I'm done" statement doesn't always stick around these parts.

So you have 4 different resorts and BWV twice in 11 days? Even my RC split stay head is spinning.
Old 05-02-2013, 03:38 PM   #2052
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFansInLINY View Post

So here is my ressies:
Wouldn't it be cheaper to just do room only reservations and get discounted tickets elsewhere and dining OOP? ANyway, that's a lot of moving, but if you can do it, go for it! I like trying the different resorts. Just couldn't talk DH into a split stay this time around...

Old 05-02-2013, 03:42 PM   #2053
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Kook, I teach high school...English... :-) and I know my kids are definitely dramatic!! I can't wait to get them involved in stuff like that when they get a bit older. I think they'd have a blast!!

Hmmm...too bad I couldn't do a family split for us...that'd be interesting... :-) don't think DH would go for that though. Rotfl!

Old 05-02-2013, 03:54 PM   #2054
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Kook, I teach high school...English... :-) and I know my kids are definitely dramatic!! I can't wait to get them involved in stuff like that when they get a bit older. I think they'd have a blast!!

Hmmm...too bad I couldn't do a family split for us...that'd be interesting... :-) don't think DH would go for that though. Rotfl!

Secondary Ed. and English for me, too (pre-DD). The suites are almost like a family split
Old 05-02-2013, 03:57 PM   #2055
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Secondary Ed. and English for me, too (pre-DD). The suites are almost like a family split
No no no...AKL is sticking gosh darn it!!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: